Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem (1921 Views)

Utorrent With International Web Proxy / Mobitel Nigeria Introduces Internet Broad Band How Feasible ? / Let Me Teach U How To Increase Download Speed Of Utorrent By 1000% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by brightk(m): 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2009
Hello nairalanders,

I have been using my torrent client with other network providers including mtn and other services. i just decided to move to the multilinks newest technology. i am on the high side of unlimited bandwith level cos i deal with heavy data and mostly its for office use only.

what i cant figure is that my utorrent application does not work with my connection .

pls does anyone have a similar problem with me or has found a solution to his.

i am worried. i have some important ebook to download
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by deji2009(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
@brightk check http://www.utorrent.com/faq for frequently ask questions. Good luck
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by consize: 7:44am On Oct 28, 2009
i think this has to do with the default port number you are using, try changing this and see what happens
also check out this link for more info
http://torrentfreak.com/speed-up-bitcomet-and-%C2%B5torrent/
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by softtouch2(m): 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2009
When did you start using Torrent?, If you are a TRUE torrent user, you should know how to work around ur port numbers by now.
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by babaoo: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2009
Guys wat is uttorent use for? My sis downloaded it on my laptop and i dont know wat it use for. Can u pls enlighting me on wat it use for and how to use it.Am interestd in knowin wat is used for now that u guys are talkin abot it.Thanks all
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by babaoo: 10:31am On Oct 30, 2009
Guys wat is uttorent use for? My sis downloaded it on my laptop and i dont know wat it use for. Can u pls enlighting me on wat it use for and how to use it.Am interestd in knowin wat is used for now that u guys are talkin abot it.Thanks all
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by babaoo: 10:32am On Oct 30, 2009
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by waleski(m): 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2009
@babaoo it remarkable people dnt knw abt torrents download in dis age nd time utorrent is an application used by d shareware community wereby people who av a thing 2 share upload nd download watever they want d advantage is dat u can search 4 practically anything nd u wil find it in torrent site den d utorrent works like a download manager 4 it.d downside is dat u need a good internet connection i.e one dat is fast nd not restrictive with bandwidth cause dere are endless thgs 2 download also watch out 4 viruses.u get it nw
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by babaoo: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
@waleski thanks for d explanation.I will go try it out,i already have it on my lappy.I wil let u know how it went.Thanks
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by babaoo: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2009
@waleski thanks for d explanation.I will go try it out,i already have it on my lappy.I wil let u know how it went.Thanks
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by brightk(m): 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2009
@consize,

maybe u dont understand me

are u using the new multilink blue broad band modem , if yes how did u configure it to accept incoming connections,

i tried using a proxy server port on the default port.

the whole thing seems annoying. opera has a default bittorent client built in it. i tried using it but it didnt work out.
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by consize: 6:31am On Nov 02, 2009
No i am not using multilinks, i use another isp (starcomms), but i had the same problems with my default port number and following the link i posted earlier solved that, just thought it would work for you also, sorry for the confusion
Re: Utorrent With Multilink Blue Broad Band Modem by softtouch2(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
consize:

No i am not using multilinks, i use another isp (starcomms), but i had the same problems with my default port number and following the link i posted earlier solved that, just thought it would work for you also, sorry for the confusion

Most of isp access for internet connection in Nigeria is dial-up!. Dont get confused by the word "Broad band" . In nigeria, the so call broad band na via dial-up, hence the use of torrent has been greatly limited. Cos there is little you can do to bypass isp firewall on port numbers. The greatest fear of any ISP is for her subscribers to be using TORRENT for download! They ( ISPs ) dont even want you to know how it works.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Deadliest Computer Virus Of All Time / Dell Core I3 For Sale , 35k At Surulere / USA Used Toshiba Satellite Corei7 750GB, 8gb Ram, HD Screen, Backlight Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.