Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? (16376 Views)

Rita Dominic Is The New Face Of Flattummytea.ng! (photos) / Rita Dominic Is Fierce In New Photo / Rita Dominic Is 38 Years Old Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2009
kech:

*rolling my eyes* Ok, truth be told. Me thinks the poster is HIGHLY INSECURE. Deep down, this is not about Rita Dominic. It's about her complexion. The poster has some sort of grouse - like others do- about light skin and beauty because that is the crux of the matter in her post.

When will some ladies get over this light skinned thing. Like someone said earlier, different features you have can make you more appealing to the eye. Light skin is just one of those features. For example, a girl may seem more beautiful if she has a more pointed nose, or silkier hair, or straighter teeth, or a longer face/neck, or beautiful eyes, or fuller lips,  or a killing body, OR FAIRER OR DARKER SKIN!! These are all features that can completely make a person stand out from any crowd. Why is the issue of the "fairer skin" the only one people have a problem with. Why don't people say "If it weren't for her straight nose she'll be ugly. Let's see her with a flatter nose" [/i]or [i]"If it weren't for her long face she'll be ugly. Let's see her with a rounder face" [/b]or [b]"IF IT WEREN'T FOR HER DARK SKIN SHE'LL BE UGLY. LET'S SEE HER WITH A LIGHTER FACE!"

People need to get over themselves already. GOSH! *rolling my eyes*.  When they call us insecure now, we'll start barking like dogs. Typical black man syndrome. angry angry

LMAO

I'm fair so really that is not the issue. I just think that she is not all that - is it a crime to have a different opinion from everybody else na wah o! my main issue with her is her mouth - that is all. i'm sure to many she is finer than beyonce but IMHO she is not.

gosh people can't have a difference of opinion anymore
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by muffins(f): 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2009
Rita Dominic makes me want to lipsrsealed
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by kech(f): 1:10am On Oct 30, 2009
redsky1:

LMAO

I'm fair so really that is not the issue. I just think that she is not all that - is it a crime to have a different opinion from everybody else na wah o! my main issue with her is her mouth - that is all. i'm sure to many she is finer than beyonce but IMHO she is not.

gosh people can't have a difference of opinion anymore

My point exactly, you have your own opinion and so do others who think she's "the bomb". The more reason why you don't need a topic to assure yourself of your opinion. And honey, as for you being "fair", good for you. I guess that makes your beef justified. Meanwhile if you want to go that route, there's nothing like "fair". You are either light-skinned or not. I don't do "fair". I'm a gorgeous dark-skinned lady. "Fair" is for unsecure dark-skinned people who feel the need to differentiate themselves from those who are more darker skinned. Look, its not a big deal. Honestly, I also don't think Rita is all that so I don't blame you for your opinion. My issue it with the arguement you are trying to make about her skin tone. It's so petty.
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 1:29am On Oct 30, 2009
it may appear petty to you dear and ur entitled to your opinion but polite insults are not necessary ok.

thank you for the english lesson as well , yes its light skinned and not fair my bad - being in this nigerian forum messes up my english sometimes - i'll be sure to go over my english 101 textbooks later today.
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by Chiaka(f): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2009
@redsky1
Why are you picking on her. I guess you asked her out and she shunned you. So this is your pay back strategy. You don fail.
Saw her one fine morning while trying to catch a flight at Lagos local airport and frankly she looked fine. She might not be a beauty
star but she sure looks good. Afterall if her beauty rating is A++ she would be modelling or be involved in a beauty pageant.
She just a sweet acttress. Learn to appreciate people. Bad Belle People grin
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by sjeezy8: 10:50am On Oct 30, 2009
iunno she looks disgusting sometimes esp while smoking yuck

shes average
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
Chiaka:

@redsky1
Why are you picking on her. I guess you asked her out and she shunned you. So this is your pay back strategy. You don fail.
Saw her one fine morning while trying to catch a flight at Lagos local airport and frankly she looked fine. She might not be a beauty
star but she sure looks good. Afterall if her beauty rating is A++ she would be modelling or be involved in a beauty pageant.
She just a sweet acttress. Learn to appreciate people. Bad Belle People grin

asked who out - are u for real.

please i'm a happily married woman.

she is a good actress - was the topic about her acting? chei
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by bjmighty(m): 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2009
@@@@@poster, could you please post a picture of yourself here!!!!!
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by MyJoe: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2009
londoner:
Why do some Nigerians feel that anytime a man finds a light skin woman attractive it must be because of her skin color?? If Rita Dominic looks "extremely local" then how do U describe the likes of Ini Edo and Omotola. What the heck is the definition of local in the first place?The girl is beautiful and a great actress. That is what got her where she is. Show us your picture so we can see if U are the opposite of local;whatever that is sef.

Word!

THE AMAKA:
best dressed nollywood actress? she may have won the title but that doesnt mean she deserved it.
CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT SHE WORE THE DAY SHE WENT TO ACCEPT HER AWARD AS BEST DRESSED?
SHE LOOK HORRID!!   
a flippin hot ass mess! lolol
best dressed my foot.
undecided
This lady is always a contrarian! And not a dumb one too. Not sure whether she needs re-branding or just enjoys doing it.
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2009
bjmighty:

@@@@@poster, could you please post a picture of yourself here!!!!!

last time i checked she was the one paid to look good not me so me posting my picture is neither here nor there - is glo going to award me a multi million pound contract if i post my picture on naira land. abeg find something else to answer
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by cenkyur: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2009
She is a classy,intelligent,sophisticated,pretty woman in her own way and the way God has made her to be and also the best d***ed actress in Nollywood;and YES she's all that and did i hear you say local champion PULEASE, shocked
What about the so-called beautiful actresses in Nollywood?like Lillian Bach,Shan George,Regina Askia and so many of them;the most boring bunch you'll ever watch;they do my head in just seeing them.All them other b****es have got nothing on her so pls stop HATING as i am sense JEALOUSY somewhere,
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2009
so if a woman says another woman is not fine she is accused of hating?

wow are people robots or something - so no one can have a difference of opinion again.

some people think dbanj is fine (like my sister) i think he is not and looks like a local champion that dresses well. so what are u guys going to kill me for thinking this
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by bjmighty(m): 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
@@@@@poster, U think they paid her to look good? Hell NO!! They paid her because she looks good. Post a picture of urself in ur most beautiful outfit and ur best style. I can't wait to see the twin sister of our Monkey, her name is Mucaca!!!!
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2009
bjmighty:

@@@@@poster, U think they paid her to look good? Hell NO!! They paid her because she looks good. Post a picture of urself in your most beautiful outfit and your best style. I can't wait to see the twin sister of our Monkey, her name is Mucaca!!!!

one could excuse this crass insult as a result of an internet forum but Nigerians never fail to show how very stupid and small minded they are when they throw insults at somebody cos they have a different opinion.

if you understood English then u will know that i meant she is paid to look good - as in she is an actress (therefore in the public eye) it is her job not to get fat or do something crazy to her face - do u think if she came out with serious acne tomorrow she will still get the work she does - hence SHE GETS PAID FOR HER LOOKS

i made the post cos she i merely thought she is not all that but people tend to think she is.

for petes sake stop this nonsense - there are plenty of people who don't think beyonce is all that and plenty who think she is - do they also warrant insult.

anyway i blame myself for interacting with Nigerians - if i had used my brain i would stop posting on this site and just read the ignorance and stupidity displayed by our people
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by whitesturd(f): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2009
Rita dominic is okay especially wn she applies less makeup,like jst lip gloss,and where she uses glasses,she luks sophisticated.though realy,she is not al that.but definitely not who u wud kal a local girl.far from it.she has a high dress sense and has a flair for shoes and bags.i like her sha.
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2009
i think people are misunderstanding the local thing - yes she dresses well, yes she has good make up (with money nothing is impossible), yes her hair and shoes are nice but there is something about her mouth and look that is somehow.

there are plenty of normal girls walking the streets of lagos, abuja, ph, jos that look a lot less local. this is my opinion people and everyone is entitled to that basic human right.

i like her acting don't get me wrong and she has a nice enough figure - I JUST DON'T THINK SHE IS ALL THAT!.

if u read the title of the topic then u will understand what i am asking
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by whitesturd(f): 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
redsky1:

i think people are misunderstanding the local thing - yes she dresses well, yes she has good make up (with money nothing is impossible), yes her hair and shoes are nice but there is something about her mouth and look that is somehow.

there are plenty of normal girls walking the streets of lagos, abuja, ph, jos that look a lot less local. this is my opinion people and everyone is entitled to that basic human right.

i like her acting don't get me wrong and she has a nice enough figure - I JUST DON'T THINK SHE IS ALL THAT!.

if u read the title of the topic then u will understand what i am asking

wel sis.jst a word of advice. Rita dominic is cute in her own way,nobody can be perfect. u no how n/landers are,dey wud tink ure beefing her so i jst tink u shd 4get it since uve made ur point.its not worth stressing ursef over. smiley
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2009
whitesturd:

wel sis.jst a word of advice. Rita dominic is cute in her own way,nobody can be perfect. u no how n/landers are,dey wud tink ure beefing her so i jst tink u shd 4get it since uve made your point.its not worth stressing ursef over. smiley

thanks topic closed

i guess this is wht i will have to deal with (amongst many other things) when i come back to naija

i don't know o! what beef do i have with rita - as we are sittng here typing if she is fine or not the girl is raking in her millions so kudos to her o! i admire female hustlers
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by bjmighty(m): 4:54am On Oct 31, 2009
redsky1:

thanks topic closed

i guess this is wht i will have to deal with (amongst many other things) when i come back to naija

Hey! save us this b***shit, who are you to think you'll come to 9ja and lecture people? What made you think you are in a good position to lecture? I don't know why our 9ja pple won't stop trying to feel like super human anytime they are across the ocean, what do you think our 9jaz for? Hey, u not the only one across the ocean a lot of us are but it doesn't make us have immunity to critics or dizz on nairaland after all there is no face here and this is a blog site, anyone can air their views as they may wish, anyhow, anytime, anywhere, anyway they feel like, so if you think you are too much for criticism then i guess Nairaland is not where you parked ur car so FKUC OFF LADY!!!!! "If you be king for ur area leave am like that", (Suspect- I no send you) , But for NAIRALAND you are a broom! Hmmm, we are all brooms!!!!!
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by shilling(f): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2009
No she's not,
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2009
OMG what is people's issue the poster asked a question.

to answer the question she is okay, nothing fantastic
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by redsky1: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2009
bjmighty:

Hey! save us this b***shit, who are you to think you'll come to 9ja and lecture people? What made you think you are in a good position to lecture? I don't know why our 9ja pple won't stop trying to feel like super human anytime they are across the ocean, what do you think our 9jaz for? Hey, u not the only one across the ocean a lot of us are but it doesn't make us have immunity to critics or dizz on nairaland after all there is no face here and this is a blog site, anyone can air their views as they may wish, anyhow, anytime, anywhere, anyway they feel like, so if you think you are too much for criticism then i guess Nairaland is not where you parked your car so FKUC OFF LADY!!!!! "If you be king for your area leave am like that", (Suspect- I no send you) , But for NAIRALAND you are a broom! Hmmm, we are all brooms!!!!!

see complex - where did i say anything about lecture - take ur complex out of your eyes and read my post again.

Nigerians (both home and abroad) are just too rude and have a total lack of tact, diplomacy and decorum - does a difference of opinion warant insult?
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by bjmighty(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2009
Difference in opinion surely doesn't warrant insult but difference from progressive opinions not only warrant INSULTS but it also warrants spanking and lashes of the cane and Koboko. Must you come up with a topic that tend to halt peoples' progress in life. Do you have an idea what negativity your thread has caused RD's fan base? Do you know have an idea what "a single fan" means to her? Now think of how many fans must have had a change of mind about her after cruising through this thread you gave birth to? Nigerian Entertainment is still at the nascent stage, we should all be a model of progress to move Nollywood forward not pulling the effort of thousand of people to the floor and making their sleepless night unworthy with a thread like this. Think of what you can do to help Nollywood match Hollywood and stop desist from derailing it to the woods. Lastly, u said am rude, am not Rude, thats just my rule. Am no fool, am so good!!!

"And so my fellow Americans (My fellow WAZOBIA Nigerians), ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country",  J.F Kennedy
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by Foluke4me: 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2009
if u ve eyes,go nd watch girls cot,see where she wore afro wig witout make up,she is beautiful,ve a great dress sense,hw on earth can usay she local,yeye redksy,pirated redksy,ure nt normal 4 sayn dt crap,maybe u wey talk abt rita mouth sef get mouth odour,leave rita alone!
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by bjmighty(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2009
Foluke4me:

if u ve eyes,go nd watch girls cot,see where she wore afro wig witout make up,she is beautiful,ve a great dress sense,hw on earth can usay she local,yeye redksy,pirated redksy,ure nt normal 4 sayn dt crap,maybe u wey talk abt rita mouth sef get mouth odour,leave rita alone!

God will not only bless you. God will BLESSING YOU!
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by Foluke4me: 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2009
nd u too jare,can u imagine dt fake human bein called redsky,wey be say him duplicate dey Aba 4 onistha.
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by rhymz(m): 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2009
@redsky
It's obvious that U ve a problem with light-skinned pple.It makes no sense to say sb is not realy pretty but for their colour as if it is mutually exclusive,that arguement does't hold water cos it's all part of the parkage that makes them pretty.Can U as well say geny would ve luk'd prettier if she were'nt dark-skinned when realy to many her smooth dark skin is part of the features that makes her more appealing,point is,all these are integral,they add up to give U the total package.
And what abt her mouth if I may ask?abeg die it! If U fink Rita lukz local then Funke Akindele lukz wat? Abeg na mannerism we go take judge that one no be her mouth or her skin,may be U fit say her yansh next!
She might not be as fine as beyonce but trust me she's way above Ur usual averag and I can bet too that she's outta Ur league,prove me wrong if U disagree.
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by Kinkinatus(m): 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2009
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and that is what being on this forum is all about. I think all haters of people expressing an opinion that they do not think Rita Dominic is all that should pack it in and step off. For my part, I do not think Rita Dominic is all that. She is okay but she is not any more prettier than other African sisters you see anywhere else. Her acting skills? So she has exposure as an actress but, I do not see her as an exceptional actress. Her acting is a bit wooden at times and the make up does come across a bit excruciating at times. Character building plots for her are far in between and I guess that may not necessarily be her fault but the script writers. Having said that, I just don't see how she has it going on. Nah definitely not.
Re: Rita Dominic: Is She Really All That? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2009
hmmmmmm why does it seem that every thread involving a person with lighter skin always turns into some kind of debate over skin color.
sigh. . . africans oooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Testimony Williams Celebrates Her Birthday, Visits IDP Camp, Holds Dinner / Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value / Runtown Wins Eric Many As Court Issues Restraining Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.