Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

"It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ (6165 Views)

Victor Omoregie, Vanguard Manager Dies In His Lagos Office After Slumping / Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home / Tinubu Visited By John Bray, US Consular General At His Lagos Residence (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Freegift75: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2016
"It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Kicks Hard Against Senator Adeola Solomon Yayi's Ogun Guber Ambition

The gubernatorial aspirant of Senator popularly known as Yayi -Olamilekan Solomon - has hit a massive wind of opposition.

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has kicked hard against the move by the Lagos Senator to become the next governor of Ogun state. Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo a native of Ogun state
and a well respected figure in and out of the political
party in charge of the state and Federal Government is said to have declared to his followers that it is an
''impossible task'' for Yayi to become the next
governor of Ogun state.

According an insider '' Chief Obasanjo said it can never happen..that Asiwaju Tinubu can not install a Lagos boy as the governor of Ogun state'' The former president reportedly made the declaration to a group of Yayi for Governor campaigners who went to seek his support for their candidate.

Yayi as the Senator from Lagos West is widely known is quietly working towards becoming the governor of Ogun state in 2019 at the behest of mentor and powerful politician Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According inside sources the Jargaban Borgu the main pillar behind Senator Adeola's gubernatorial ambition. The Lagos Senator is said to be attemtping to leverage on age long yearning of minority area Yewa to achieve his ambition. Though politician with all his political accomplishments recorded in Lagos state, Yayi is said to be currently using status as an indigene of Yewa to launch is Ogun guber ambition campaign. A move former President Obasanjo has now thrown is weight strongly against judging from emerging details.

The former President is said to have to have added that Ogun state is not Osun state where an external factor determines who becomes governor - with the added knock of not using a home grown candidate.

The incumbent governor of Osun state Rauf Aregbesola is a former commissioner in Lagos state and a ardent follower of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
It was also revealed that aside of Chief Obasanjo,
incumbent Ibikunle Amosun is equally seriously against Senator Solomon Adeola succeeding him as next. Chief Executive Officer of Ogun state and is said to have put machinery in place to ensure it doesn't happen.

1 Like

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by richidinho(m): 7:48am On Oct 28, 2016
grin
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by sarrki(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Wailers on rampage

Beer Palor gist

Let the electorate decides

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Royals1st: 7:52am On Oct 28, 2016
OBJ or Amosun or Tinubu should just shut up and stop all this we don't care if anyone is from lagos or Yewa all we need is someone that will do well and help the state don't care any party or any state the person is from

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by eyeview: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2016
Tinubu should stop this nonsense he normally does. He will take some one that has lived and served in various political capacities in Lagos to go to his ancestral state and deny the 'sons of the soil' their rightful offices.
So the person after blocking the chances of the original lagosians in lagos by being their senator,Rep,commissioner,LGA chairman etc will now now remember that he has an ancestral state and jump back there to also block the people there of their offices.

See yayi that has served as a senator in lagos state now remembers that he is from ogun state. Why didnt he remember that when he was pocketing the allowances and entitlements meant for a senator from lagos.

Thats how one tinubu boy called faleke who had lived all his life in lagos,became two time LGA chairman of Ikeja,even became chairman of the chairmen of LGAs(what can be more lagosian than that), became a rep member representing ikeja in the house of reps and then decided to displace original kogites as deputy governor. And still had the temerity to go to court to be made a governor of a state he had never identified with all his life over others who had been investing politically and financially in the state.

Tinubu should stop this rubbish

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Eshinkan: 8:11am On Oct 28, 2016
At the end of the day....it's all about one man...one vote...
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Realdeals(m): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2016
I also believe his emergence will be insultive .. Yewa people should come with another alternative to Yayi or else next Governor will come from the Ijebu's.
Dimeji Bankole should also drop his ambition for now

1 Like

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Freegift75: 8:23am On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:
Tinubu should stop this nonsense he normally does. He will take some one that has lived and served in various political capacities in Lagos to go to his ancestral state and deny the 'sons of the soil' their rightful offices.
So the person after blocking the chances of the original lagosians in lagos by being their senator,Rep,commissioner,LGA chairman etc will now now remember that he has an ancestral state and jump back there to also block the people there of their offices.

See yayi that has served as a senator in lagos state now remembers that he is from ogun state. Why didnt he remember that when he was pocketing the allowances and entitlements meant for a senator from lagos.

Thats how one tinubu boy called faleke who had lived all his life in lagos,became two time LGA chairman of Ikeja,even became chairman of the chairmen of LGAs(what can be more lagosian than that), became a rep member representing ikeja in the house of reps and then decided to displace original kogites as deputy governor. And still had the temerity to go to court to be made a governor of a state he had never identified with all his life over others who had been investing politically and financially in the state.

You get sense pass. Kudos

7 Likes

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Freegift75: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2016
The information above is a confirmed fact. But some people will think because source was not added and neglected it.

The truth is that Ogun People are not clueless, unlike other...

1 Like

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Funlordjnr: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2016
undecided
Freegift75:

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Kicks Hard Against Senator Adeola Solomon Yayi's Ogun Guber Ambition

The gubernatorial aspirant of Senator popularly known as Yayi -Olamilekan Solomon - has hit a massive wind of opposition.

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has kicked hard against the move by the Lagos Senator to become the next governor of Ogun state. Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo a native of Ogun state
and a well respected figure in and out of the political
party in charge of the state and Federal Government is said to have declared to his followers that it is an
''impossible task'' for Yayi to become the next
governor of Ogun state.

According an insider '' Chief Obasanjo said it can never happen..that Asiwaju Tinubu can not install a Lagos boy as the governor of Ogun state'' The former president reportedly made the declaration to a group of Yayi for Governor campaigners who went to seek his support for their candidate.

Yayi as the Senator from Lagos West is widely known is quietly working towards becoming the governor of Ogun state in 2019 at the behest of mentor and powerful politician Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According inside sources the Jargaban Borgu the main pillar behind Senator Adeola's gubernatorial ambition. The Lagos Senator is said to be attemtping to leverage on age long yearning of minority area Yewa to achieve his ambition. Though politician with all his political accomplishments recorded in Lagos state, Yayi is said to be currently using status as an indigene of Yewa to launch is Ogun guber ambition campaign. A move former President Obasanjo has now thrown is weight strongly against judging from emerging details.

The former President is said to have to have added that Ogun state is not Osun state where an external factor determines who becomes governor - with the added knock of not using a home grown candidate.

The incumbent governor of Osun state Rauf Aregbesola is a former commissioner in Lagos state and a ardent follower of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
It was also revealed that aside of Chief Obasanjo,
incumbent Ibikunle Amosun is equally seriously against Senator Solomon Adeola succeeding him as next. Chief Executive Officer of Ogun state and is said to have put machinery in place to ensure it doesn't happen.

Source?.....e no dey!

Afonjaism content in thread......yanfu yanfu!

Hmmm......o.p are you sure you are not a member of "I UNIT"? Na question oh!

1 Like

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Mikehell(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2016
sarrki:
Wailers on rampage

Beer Palor gist

Let the electorate decides

No be beer palour gist as u think..... The cold war between Amosun and Tinubu have been on since because of YAYI...
2019 will be a big conflict of interest

1 Like

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by haffaze777(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2016
Royals1st:
OBJ or Amosun or Tinubu should just shut up and stop all this we don't care if anyone is from lagos or Yewa all we need is someone that will do well and help the state don't care any party or any state the person is from
ur head dey dia jare,all we need is good governance
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by chacoonder(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2016
Freegift75:

and a WELL RESPECTED figure in and out of the political

@Op, kindly remove the "well respected" in the sentence . Obj is a very dishonest man.
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Bethelwealthy(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2016
Baba Obj is the MANIPULATOR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, guess he doesnt like to experience what he does to others............But let me guess, he'll fail to stop this one, except he supports buruji kashamu, d drug baron.
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Raydos: 10:43am On Oct 28, 2016
Lemme book space incase of incasity
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by gigabyte13: 11:36am On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

See as this One dey paraa for "IPOB BEER PARLOUR GIST" Tinubu the opolo eye monster is surely the nemesis of the lpob miscreants for chasing away their " otuoke Jesus" Anything to paint him black is OK for these set of moribound miscreants.
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by eyeview: 11:46am On Oct 28, 2016
gigabyte13:

See as this One dey paraa for "IPOB BEER PARLOUR GIST" Tinubu the opolo eye monster is surely the nemesis of the lpob miscreants for chasing away their " otuoke Jesus" Anything to paint him black is OK for these set of moribound miscreants.

What are you talking about? Youngman,i hate when people are talking serious issues,kids will jump in with tribal nonsense.
You must be from a poor background cos its from such places that you see tribalism in the fore front.
One day,you will grow up or make it to our level where its all about interests and goals achieved and whom you used to achieve it,regardless of the tribe.
You may not understand what i wrote,but give it time,with age and success,you will.
Stay there in your father's house and be forming tribal warlord while some of us have access to even places you cant dream of,even within yorubaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:58am On Oct 28, 2016
But Ogun state is returning to PDP in 2019
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by omohayek: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
What a lot of rubbish! Do you think having lived in Lagos somehow magically makes a person less qualified to do the job of being a governor? What is this "sons of the soil" nonsense other than the assumption that political office is for enriching oneself rather than a matter of public service? Isn't it better that an excellent candidate from Mars be selected than some lazy, thieving "son of the soil" who doesn't know his head from his a**?

It's such foolishness as yours which has led Nigeria down to the depths to which it has sunk today: instead of looking for highly qualified people who can articulate a compelling vision of what they want to achieve once in office, and who have strong track records of delivering on their promises, so many idiots scramble to get "sons of the soil" from "their" part of the state into power, no doubt in the hope of getting a share of all the looting of public funds they expect to happen if they succeed. Too many fools in this country would rather steal half of a very small pie than get their rightful allocation of a constantly growing and much larger pie, yet they wonder why their country still can't even deliver steady electricity or decent roads, while South Korea could come from being poorer than Nigeria in 1960 to achieving first world status today.

eyeview:

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by eyeview: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
omohayek:
What a lot of rubbish! Do you think having lived in Lagos somehow magically makes a person less qualified to do the job of being a governor? What is this "sons of the soil" nonsense other than the assumption that political office is for enriching oneself rather than a matter of public service? Isn't it better that an excellent candidate from Mars be selected than some lazy, thieving "son of the soil" who doesn't know his head from his a**?

It's such foolishness as yours which has led Nigeria down to the depths to which it has sunk today: instead of looking for highly qualified people who can articulate a compelling vision of what they want to achieve once in office, and who have strong track records of delivering on their promises, so many idiots scramble to get "sons of the soil" from "their" part of the state into power, no doubt in the hope of getting a share of all the looting of public funds they expect to happen if they succeed. Too many fools in this country would rather steal half of a very small pie than get their rightful allocation of a constantly growing and much larger pie, yet they wonder why their country still can't even deliver steady electricity or decent roads, while South Korea could come from being poorer than Nigeria in 1960 to achieving first world status today.

Let me fault your assertion on many fronts

First,am not against them contesting in lagos and filling up the slots meant for lagos indigenes.
Second,am not against them going to their home states and filling up the slots there.
But what am saying is that,it amounts to greed and selfishness to empty one pot here and then jump to the next house to empty the pots too.

Personally,am an advocate of competence over tribe. And am sure you are too. But let a man from delta or akwa ibom contest for governorship of lagos and let him have all the competence and lets see if you will vote for him. Some of you like shifting the goal post where it favours you.
If you want us all to enthrone competence over trubalism,thats fine. But not to enthrone tribe when other tribes want in but now stuck to professionalism when true lagosians want you to go to your own state.

2 Likes

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Freegift75: 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Barca----is it a prophecy or your opinion?

I'm not a politician but as an indigene of Ogun, 2019 will tough. Buruji is warming up, Yayi has started indirect campaign, Paseda has also started working himself through, And Amosun will also nominate a successor

Watchout. INEC will chop belle full
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
Freegift75:

Barca----is it a prophecy or your opinion?

I'm not a politician but as an indigene of Ogun, 2019 will tough. Buruji is warming up, Yayi has started indirect campaign, Paseda has also started working himself through, And Amosun will also nominate a successor

Watchout. INEC will chop belle full
Neither opinion nor prophecy. lol

Let's see how things unfold
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by omohayek: 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

Let me fault your assertion on many fronts

First,am not against them contesting in lagos and filling up the slots meant for lagos indigenes.
Second,am not against them going to their home states and filling up the slots there.
But what am saying is that,it amounts to greed and selfishness to empty one pot here and then jump to the next house to empty the pots too.
Again, this "pot" rhetoric makes it clear that you don't see politics as being about public service, but as an opportunity to accrue private benefit. This wrong-headed mentality is exactly what has f*cked Nigeria over for the last 56 years. In better run countries, public office is a step down from what can be made from a private career, not a "juicy" opportunity that needs reserving through quotaism. David Cameron and Barack Obama could both have made a lot more money practicing their normal professions than they did as public servants, and that is exactly how it should be.

eyeview:

Personally,am an advocate of competence over tribe. And am sure you are too. But let a man from delta or akwa ibom contest for governorship of lagos and let him have all the competence and lets see if you will vote for him. Some of you like shifting the goal post where it favours you.
If you want us all to enthrone competence over trubalism,thats fine. But not to enthrone tribe when other tribes want in but now stuck to professionalism when true lagosians want you to go to your own state.

The emboldened above is nothing but projection on your part, as I am certain that you can't find where I've advocated any such view. Stick to refuting what I've actually said, rather than accusing me of straw men arguments I've never made. All your "enthrone tribe" talk is irrelevant to me, as I've never made such idiotic comments to begin with.

I am as much an "indigene" of Ogun as Obasanjo himself, and I insist that I would rather have the state governed by an alien from Pluto who had a proven track record and sensible proposals, than someone from my own immediate family who is either corrupt or doesn't know what he's doing. The idea that people are "owed" political office because they come from somewhere or have lived somewhere is the stupidest thing I can imagine, and until you and others like you start putting track records and political platforms ahead of such nonsense, Nigeria will continue to be a stagnant sh*thole where greedy, incompetent buffoons keep winning power on the back of tribalistic claptrap. Politicians should be elected for what they promise to do for the citizens as a whole, and how likely they are to keep their promises, rather than simply because some subgroup thinks it is "their turn" to loot public funds.
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by bennyann: 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
Tinubu belongs to a political party, OBJ is not associated with any.
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by Bobandgreat: 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
Royals1st:

Even if the person is from Aba?

1 Like

Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by aresa: 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Typical ipob fabricated nonsense...
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by DozieInc(m): 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ok.. reading comments.
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by philGeo(m): 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
gigabyte13:

Please don't bring religion into this, why will compare Jesus with Goodluck?
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by haffaze777(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
PDP koo ADC nii
Re: "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ by ThumbzTNA(m): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
The jagabandit is getting into fights with people bigger than him. If OBJ supports TINUBU's candidate, he is afraid bubu will lose trust in him and come after him with efcc

(1) (2) (Reply)

JJT (johnson, Jakande And Tinubu) Recreational Park And Garden. PIC. / Staff Desert National Assembly Despite Work Resumption / Implications Of The Results So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.