Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins (687 Views)

PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC / Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki / Saraki Won’t Benefit From Code Of Conduct Act Amendment — Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
The Senate passed the Code of Conduct act for second reading less than 72 hours after it passed through the first reading.

The bill was sponsored by Peter Nwaoboshi representing Delta north senatorial district who said that the act does not contemplate criminal trial.

The passage of the bill is a victory for senators under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), against their counterparts in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The PDP senators are largely supporters of Senate president, Bukola Saraki, who is battling to prove his innocence in a case brought against him by the federal government at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

Saraki is currently standing trial for a 13-count criminal charge filed against him by the federal government.

Earlier today, Saraki lost his bid to stop his trial at the CCT, as the Court of Appeal dismissed his application. The five-man panel of the Court of Appeal in Abuja said his trial should continue.

https://www.naij.com/1024849-breaking-pdp-senators-defeat-apc-senators-amendment-code-conduct-act.html

Re: Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ahhhaaa!

SP Bukola S. is now the Oga of CCT..

My Nigeria!! A country of deep hopelessness..

Now the perceived criminal is now the 'OGA' of the crime check center..

Like Yorubas would say; CCT Ó kpari o!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins by eezeribe(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
OK
Re: Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins by talktonase(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
It is still not over until bubu accents to it...if he does not then 2/3 of the the members of NA preside over it to pass it into law...
Re: Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
talktonase:
It is still not over until bubu accents to it...if he does not then 2/3 of the the members of NA preside over it to pass it into law...

Bubu, is an empty case saddled in Aso-Rock.. .he has been accenting to worse things.. His old age and his criminal intent won't allow him know when this too would pass his table signed and stamped..

Padded budget as case study... wink

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins by dunkem21(m): 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
PDP wins? .. In an APC populated majority Senate? .. cheesy

I no fit laff, abeg grin
Re: Senate Passes Code Of Conduct Act; PDP Senators Wins by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
This is why Jesus Christ said It Is Finish On The Cross Of Calvary..

WOO UNTO THEE NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Was Hosted Today By Segun Oni (pics) / #ondo2016: My Plans For Ondo Is As Bright As That Of Akeredolu - Jimoh Ibrahim / I Remain PDP Candidate For Ondo Guber, Nobody Can Stop Me — Jimoh Ibrahim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.