Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless (9946 Views)

Coronavirus: Islamic Way Of Preventing The Spread Of The Virus / Islamic Way Of Congratulating Parent On The Occasion Of Birth / Fake News: Islamic Way Of Managing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
FriendChoice:

Ahlul Sunnah means: The follower of Islam. The guy probably don't know it meaning. It is not bad if you help me do so. If you look all the post. I have not reply anyone. I only respond to Prayers with statement like Jazakallahu Khairan. Because I am a little beat busy today, I don't want to engage in too much arguments with a person if I tell him he/she is wrong.

ok, then its ok.....I thought. you agreed with him on his notion of calling oneself Ahl sunnah wal jama'ah, that its wrong, but since you've said its because you were busy, then ba damua.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lagusta:
Oh may Allah continue to bless you dearest OP....

Only if other Muslims can adhere to this message, and not to claim "ahlus-sunnah wal-jama'a" or "tabling" or "asalatus" or "tijaniyah" or "shia" or whatever...

Just follow the Quran, follow the authentic Hadith (please no fabricated Hadith, even weak ones that don't adhere to the Quran would be rejected) and live a good life.....

Jazaakumullah khairan OP

about people calling themselves Ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah read this;

Demmzy15:
As per the underlined, the term "Ahl Sunnah Wa Ja'amah"(salafiyyah) cannot be thrown out, this term was concocted by Ahl Bayt Sahabi, Al Imam Abdullah Ibn Abbas:

Imam Al-Lalaka’i mentions in his ‘Sharh Usul I’tiqad Ahl as-Sunnah’ (1/72) – a book where many SAHIH narrations from Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq are reported – that the first person to have actually used the term ‘Ahl Al-Sunnah wa Al-Jama’ah’ was Ibn ‘Abbas the Hashimite Sahabi of the Ahl Al-Bayt, when explaining the verse:

{“…on the day when some faces will be brightened, and some faces will be blackened…”} [Al ‘Imran; 106]

He said: “Those whose faces will be brightened are Ahl Al-Sunnah wa Al-Jama’ah. As for those whose faces will be blackened, then they are the people of innovation and misguidance (Ahl Al-Bida’ wa Al-Dhalalah).”

1 Like

Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Jabatar: 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
The word so calld Sunnah has evidence in islam cuz prophet says "take good care of my sunnah and sunnah of my companion" by fellow their parth and those whose follow such path are refers as al sunnah.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
Jabatar:
The word so calld Sunnah has evidence in islam cuz prophet says "take good care of my sunnah and sunnah of my companion" by fellow their parth and those whose follow such path are refers as al sunnah.

what's your other moniker? because i see you just opened this one in less than a min ago.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Jabatar: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
there no sect in islam, bt only those who fellow the right way of prophet nd his companion which is knw as al sunnah with evidence in hadith, where other sect get their name 4rm with proof either quran or hadith?

1 Like

Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

you have to follow their understanding too because the prophet single handedly recommended them for us, so you don't stop at the sahabas but the next 2 generations.

Yeah. Even after the 2 next generation, those who follow them are better than us in terms of religion. And we are better than our next generation.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
FriendChoice:

Yeah. Even after the 2 next generation, those who follow them are better than us in terms of religion. And we are better than our next generation.

I believe you now agree that we should take our understanding of islam from the first 3 generations of Muslims for they were the best according to Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)?
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

ok, then its ok.....I thought. you agreed with him on his notion of calling oneself Ahl sunnah wal jama'ah, that its wrong, but since you've said its because you were busy, then ba damua.

To badamuwa. Yanxu nagama abunda nakeyi. Am ready 4 you now.

The verse in my original post says follow Allah. Can you follow Allah without obeying his command? He says follow his messengers. Do you obey messenger (SAW) without keeping his commandments? No. (His commandments involve his Sunnah, how he teaches religion, how his companions understand the deen and those to follow them).

Allah then says people in Authority. Who are the people in Authority? One Abubakar (R.D) after the prophet(SAW) ................... up till today we have people in Authority and we must obey them except if they go against Islam.

I think this explains the verse more. You went to conclusions without understanding the meaning of the verse. is that?
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I believe you now agree that we should take our understanding of islam from the first 3 generations of Muslims for they were the best according to Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)?

Before nko what do you believe? I have never go against that in all my post and my heart since day one. If I have, point it out.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
FriendChoice:

To badamuwa. Yanxu nagama abunda nakeyi. Am ready 4 you now.

The verse in my original post says follow Allah. Can you follow Allah without obeying his command? He says follow his messengers. Do you obey messenger (SAW) without keeping his commandments? No. (His commandments involve his Sunnah, how he teaches religion, how his companions understand the deen and those to follow them).

Allah then says people in Authority. Who are the people in Authority? One Abubakar (R.D) after the prophet(SAW) ................... up till today we have people in Authority and we must obey them except if they go against Islam.

I think this explains the verse more. You went to conclusions without understanding the meaning of the verse. is that?

i perfectly understood everything.....what i didnt like is your reluctance to say you are among Ahl sunnah wal jama'ah, and truly its people who don't know what it means that run from the name, but if you understand what it means, you'll be proud to call yourself one...

Naming will always be important, so do not run from naming, jews, Christians and Muslims are all abrahamic faith, if you ask a Christian what faith are you following he will say abrahamic, same goes for jews and Muslims, but if we say Muslims, then everybody knows who a muslim is despite the fact that its abrahamic faith, what I'm i trying to say?

people of bidah Also say "i follow the Quran and sunnah", so to differentiate yourself from the deviants (such as sufis, tableegis, jahmis and so on), you call yourself Ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah so you'll be different from Ahl bidah wad dhalala.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
FriendChoice:

Before nko what do you believe? I have never go against that in all my post and my heart since day one. If I have, point it out.

oh! i think i didnt read this post of yours properly;

And the generation that follows them, the one that follows them also...... etc. They are next when it comes to understanding of Islam. You cannot understand Islam more than them. they copy what the companions do. its a thread.

no mind me, too much of garri don dey affect my eyes grin
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

i perfectly understood everything.....what i didnt like is your reluctance to say you are among Ahl sunnah wal jama'ah, and truly its people who don't know what it means that run from the name, but if you understand what it means, you'll be proud to call yourself one...

Naming will always be important, so do not run from naming, jews, Christians and Muslims are all abrahamic faith, if you ask a Christian what faith are you following he will say abrahamic, same goes for jews and Muslims, but if we say Muslims, then everybody knows who a muslim is despite the fact that its abrahamic faith, what I'm i trying to say?

If I said I am the follower of Prophet Sunnah and I am not ahlul Sunnah is just like saying " I follow the prophet Sunnah but I don't follow the prophet Sunnah"

Ahlul Sunnah Wal jama'a means the follower of the Sunnah and that are the majority (True Islam)

So to me it's not a sect that has a different ideology, it's the only righteous way of the Islam itself. Your problem now is, I did not categorically mentioned the name in Arabic? Right. But that verse in English simple means Ahlul Sunnah. It says believe in Allah and his messenger and those in authority. Believing in Messenger involves the teaching of his companions and people to come. Allah continues to say it's the Right way.

So if it's the Arabic word you want me to says:

Ahlul Sunnah Wal jama'a is the right way to Islam = The follower of Sunnah of the prophet one the majority (that includes his companions, household, people of authority) is the right way to Jannah

people of bidah Also say "i follow the Quran and sunnah", so to differentiate yourself from the deviants (such as sufis, tableegis, jahmis and so on), you call yourself Ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah so you'll be different from Ahl bidah wad dhalala.

Most of them are lying, following Sunnah by mouth. I follow prophet Sunnah but I do Maulud. That means you do not. I follow the prophet Sunnah but I prostrate to my sheik. That is hypocrisy.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

oh! i think i didnt read this post of yours properly;

no mind me, too much of garri don dey affect my eyes grin

grin gari na school cause Sam. hunger dey disturb you and u late 4 school. Gari na only the option. I just come back from Islamic lectures now, the preacher say something that I really like. I will open thread on it, in mins 2 com
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by fiyah(f): 7:01am On Nov 05, 2016
jazakallah khairan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 05, 2016
fiyah:
jazakallah khairan
Ameen JazaKallahu Khairan.
Re: The Correct Islamic Way To Follow Is Sectless by Ibnarabi4(m): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
والذين جهدوا فينا لنهدينهم سبلنا وإن الله لمع المحسنين

I am Tijani and what i know is when ever Sunni (Ahlus-sunnah) mention it mean Sufi bcx they flow the right path of Prophet Muhammad Peace be Upon him and it's originated according to me is Ahlus-suffa ‎‏)أهل الصفة(‏‎ So that I love sufi and i am. Sufism is not Sect you have to know that

there are many sect and many other Sect that were established by Terrorist people that in this time they are fighting and killing those who doen't follows their sect, and in sufi you may find Tijaniyya and Qadiriyya and so many other and it's wrong to call them sect bcx sect is only for worldly thing and sufis everything they sacrifice it to God

من المؤمنين رجال صدقوا ما عهدوا الله عليه (الأحزاب)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Tips To Make This Your Best Ramadan Ever / What Does Islam Say About Using Herbs, Roots, Black Soap, E.t.c. For Problems? / Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.