Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? (9954 Views)

When Do We Recite Surat Al-kahf On Friday? / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo / You Need To Memorize & Recite This If You Are Travelling This Eid And Other Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Lukgaf(m): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2020
Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

The point of the greeting of salaam and the adhkaar that are prescribed is the meanings, aims and impact, and undoubtedly that may be achieved by means of a language other than Arabic. Hence the scholars ruled that saying these things in Arabic is not a must.

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to giving the greeting of salaam in a foreign [non-Arabic] language, there are three opinions, the third of which is that if a person is able to say it in Arabic, it is not valid in another language.

I [an-Nawawi] say: the correct view is that it is valid to give the greeting in a foreign language, if the other person will understand it, regardless of whether or not he is able to speak Arabic, and the response must be given, because it is still regarded as a greeting and prayer for peace. And Allah knows best.

End quote from Rawdat at-Taalibeen (10/230).

They also said that this is applicable when mentioning the name of Allah at the time of slaughter.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

If he mentions the name of Allah, may He be exalted, in a language other than Arabic, it is valid even if he is able to speak Arabic, because the aim is to mention the name of Allah, and that is possible in all languages. This is in contrast to saying the takbeer (“Allahu akbar”) in the prayer, where the aim is to say the exact wording (in Arabic).

End quote from al-Mughni (13/260).

But what should be done, if the speaker and the one whom he is addressing both know Arabic, is that the greeting of salaam and the response should both be given in Arabic. The scholars stated that for an Arab to speak any language other than Arabic unnecessarily is makrooh (disliked).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Ash-Shaafa‘i said: … The language that Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, chose is the language of the Arabs. He revealed His holy Book in Arabic, and made it the language of the last of His prophets, Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). For this reason we say that anyone who is able to learn Arabic should learn it, because it is the preferred language, even though it is not haraam for anyone to speak any other language.

Ash-Shaafa‘i regarded it as makrooh for the one who knows Arabic to say “Bismillah (in the name of Allah)” in any other language, or to speak Arabic mixed with another language. What the leading scholars said was also narrated from the Sahaabah and Taabi‘een.

End quote from Iqtidaa’ as-Siraat al-Mustaqeem (1/521-522).

Secondly:

And Allah knows best.

Source: IslamQA

4 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Radhitu billahi Rabba
Wa bil Islami deena
Wa bimuhammadin salla Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam
Nabiyyan wa Rasoola

I’ve accepted Allah as my Lord
And Islam as my way of life
And Muhammad – may Allah’s peace & blessings be upon him
As Allah’s Prophet and Messenger

Whomsoever reads it being a Muslim By Heart Paradise /Jannat becomes compulsory/obligatory for him/her !!!! (Sahih Hadith)
May Allah grant us safety & protection from COVID 19 and all sicknesses!

5 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Legalcriminal: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2020
Masha Allahu

2 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Subzero047: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2020
It's Friday again

62 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Jabioro: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2020
You can't praise Allah with others language, because the only language Allah understood is Arabic.If you do you will be considered to be an infidels.

43 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2020
No you can't,
your native language is inferior and it's not the mother's tongue of Allah hence he may not understand you properly

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2020
One love... Muslim or Christian may God protect us all.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by DjAduba(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2020
It is preferable to do it in Arabic... But u can communicate to ur creator in any language u know best the main aim is to Worship HIM and HIM alone...

7 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by chuose2: 9:43am On Feb 28, 2020
It has to be in Arabic, as Allah does not understand other languages grin

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Successmind(m): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2020
Allah understands all languages...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by marvin906(m): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2020
oluwaseyi000:
No you can't,
your native language is inferior and it's not the mother's tongue of Allah hence he may not understand you properly

it's your mother's tongue that is inferior..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by fatymore(f): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2020
Aliamdulilahi for being a Muslim.

Asalam Alaykum Waramotulahi Wabarakatu

6 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by oilPUSSY(f): 9:53am On Feb 28, 2020
Jabioro:
You can't praise Allah with others language, because the only language Allah understood is Arabic.If you do you will be considered to be an infidels.

Smh

6 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by sofiscatedmoron: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2020
No not acceptable,,
You can use Hausa or Arabic,,,,,
Yoruba is not acceptable

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by sunshineV(f): 9:55am On Feb 28, 2020
This religion can't be for me. If it's not in yoruba then it's for the Arabians. I'm not learning any language to serve anyone. Allah should've known better

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by sunshineV(f): 9:57am On Feb 28, 2020
Jabioro:

I thought he is the greatest of all so humans understand more languages than him?

29 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by sesaan(m): 9:57am On Feb 28, 2020
Pls you people have not told us which hand to use in cleaning ones asshole after visiting the rest room.

13 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2020
Jabioro:

oluwaseyi000:
No you can't,

sofiscatedmoron:
No not acceptable,,
You can use Hausa or Arabic,,,,,
Yoruba is not acceptable

This is rubbish. Stop posting when you don't have the requisite knowledge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Yakade(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2020
Jabioro:
one way god, limited man. �

5 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Jabioro: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2020
Halimvh:

This is rubbish. Stop posting when you don't have the requisite knowledge.
Who told you we have no knowledge..

7 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Yakade(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2020
sesaan:
Pls you people have not told us which hand to use in cleaning ones asshole after visiting the rest room.
stop shaking table

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Villioncity: 10:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Chai, it's better to receive it in french

2 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by sencekompis: 10:15am On Feb 28, 2020
Why cant the ARABIANS adopt to speak YORUBA and worship IFA? walai middle east will be a much peaceful location.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by Gartol(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2020
Ardar:

Reciting that nonsense in ìgbo is an abomination.

I so much hate Islam.
I pray you see the truth

3 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by koolaid87: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2020
No wonder Arabo dey enslave my Afrikans anyhow.

Op, dey wait for your answer oOo

I just messaged Saudi on your behalf

2 Likes

Re: Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? by PeacenLove2: 10:30am On Feb 28, 2020
chuose2:
It has to be in Arabic, as Allah does not understand other languages grin

This should be a red flag. Other than the fact that a common language helps to unite and form a more cohesive relationship, it should not be a one and only way thing. Oh well.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surrogacy: Permissible Or Not? / Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! / Female Pilgrims Were Not Deported – Hajj Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.