Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties (17559 Views)

5 Things We Do That Destroy Our Smartphones / Top 5 Smartphones With The Best Designs 2018. They’re All Chinese ! (PHOTOS) / Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by FILEBE(m): 11:52am On Oct 29, 2016
IamEntropy:

There is nothing wrong with taking your time to release a phone that doesn't blow up in your face or pocket
Plus apple is quality and samsung is quantity.
I'v been using ipad2 for three years now but it is still faster and stronger than my samsung j7. Wtf

scratch the bolded out! Samsung has got one of the best quality phones running android.

1 Like

Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by Hassan080196(m): 11:54am On Oct 29, 2016
naijalodge:
u used galaxy duo 2 refurbished ND you're here spilling trash,use a Note or Edge series or even an S series, you'll know you've never used a Samsung b4

I'm using s6 currently though it's a great phone I admire a lot but I can still say that I prefer iPhone to it.... looking forward to getting my iPhone 6 soon. #teamiphone
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by ollah2: 11:55am On Oct 29, 2016
IamEntropy:

There is nothing wrong with taking your time to release a phone that doesn't blow up in your face or pocket
Plus apple is quality and samsung is quantity.
I'v been using ipad2 for three years now but it is still faster and stronger than my samsung j7. Wtf

Iphone has been blowing up in people's faces and pockets too. Matter of fact, it has killed someone. Get ur facts right

1 Like

Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by ollah2: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2016
Hassan080196:

I'm using s6 currently though it's a great phone I admire a lot but I can still say that I prefer iPhone to it.... looking forward to getting my iPhone 6 soon. #teamiphone

U are really funny tho. U are presently using an s6 yet waiting to get an iphone 6 which is a year older than s6 and on par with S5.

Smart guy
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by Hassan080196(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
ollah2:

U are really funny tho. U are presently using an s6 yet waiting to get an iphone 6 which is a year older than s6 and on par with S5.

Smart guy

I no understand you.... are you saying that iPhone 6 is on par with s5?
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by ollah2: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hassan080196:

I no understand you.... are you saying that iPhone 6 is on par with s5?

Yes sir
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by sorextee(m): 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
You didn't talk bout BlackBerry. And u gave a little emphasis to Sony. Not fair.... undecided

Nice post all the same.

1 Like

Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by Hassan080196(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
ollah2:

Yes sir

I need not argue with you further cos I've used s5 and also using so now...I know what these phones are capable of doing. To me, you're just being biased. I'm also Samsung fan but I must say IPhone always try to be ahead of Samsung.
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by adanny01(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2016
[quote author=maxwell60 post=50597707][/quote]

In alphabetical order, Google should have been first followed by HTC.
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by ollah2: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hassan080196:

I need not argue with you further cos I've used s5 and also using so now...I know what these phones are capable of doing. To me, you're just being biased. I'm also Samsung fan but I must say IPhone always try to be ahead of Samsung.

How am I been bias? You are using both the s5 and s6 at the moment. Continue

How can you compare a sub brand with a brand?
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by lahwizah(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
you come forget windows phone abi no be smart phone
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by Hassan080196(m): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
ollah2:

How am I been bias? You are using both the s5 and s6 at the moment. Continue

How can you compare a sub brand with a brand?

Lol, hear me well bro. I'm not saying am using them both presently but I've used s5 and now using s6. I've used many iPhones as well and still looking forward to getting Iphone6. Na recession dey delay me. grin
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by ollah2: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hassan080196:

Lol, hear me well bro. I'm not saying am using them both presently but I've used s5 and now using s6. I've used many iPhones as well and still looking forward to getting Iphone6. Na recession dey delay me. grin

You are contradicting yourself. U've used s5 and presently using s6. Yet looking forward to buy an iPhone 6. Kudos bros
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by DerKaiser: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
greenhulk:

HTC are not known to make phones with best cameras, (with the exception of htc 10). M7, m8 and even m9 have poor cameras compared to the competition. Also bright display is not their specialty, that crown belongs to samsung and Apple that make phones with displays that are easily visible in direct sunlight. Where htc shines is in build quality and audio quality. Htc actually made metal phones the standard for Android flagship phones, and they also made front facing stereo speakers popular. I remember my htc one m7 with beats audio, best speakers on a smartphone... Although that crown now belonngs to the ZTE axon 7, best speakers on a phone PERIOD.

Bro forget the talk about ZTE Axon 7 having the best speaker and audio. That only applies to the American version of the Axon 7, the A2017U.

I am currently using the ZTE Axon 7 as my daily drive, the european version, A2017G, and the speaker is abysmal and totally muffled, whether on earphone or regular phone speakers.

ZTE completely degraded and stripped the European version of the Axon 7 of many functions, while passing all the goodies to the American version, like high and unrestricted audio quality , stock launcher, 4k video recording, On-screen as well as hardware navigation buttons (European version has only the hardware navigation buttons) etc.

All these while the European version costs more at 449 Euro compared to US $399.

Never seen this much discrimination when it comes to phone versions. Just go to Xda developers and read how Europeans are bitterly complaining.

So the ZTE Axon 7 doesn't have the best audio on phone. The title still belongs to HTC.

1 Like

Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by sorextee(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
I feel the best audio system goes to Sony.. My opinion sha

DerKaiser:

Bro forget the talk about ZTE Axon 7 having the best speaker and audio. That only applies to the American version of the Axon 7, the A2017U.

I am currently using the ZTE Axon 7 as my daily drive, the european version, A2017U, and the speaker is abysmal and totally muffled, whether on earphone or regular phone speakers.

ZTE completely degraded and stripped the European version of the Axon 7 of many functions, while passing all the goodies to the American version, like high and unrestricted audio quality , stock launcher, 4k video recording, On-screen as well as hardware navigation buttons (European version has only the hardware navigation buttons) etc.

All these while the European version costs more at 449 Euro compared to US $399.

Never seen this much discrimination when it comes to phone versions. Just go to Xda developers and read how Europeans are bitterly complaining.

So the ZTE Axon 7 doesn't have the best audio on phone. The title still belongs to HTC.
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
in terms of camera I still respect apple not that other brands like blackberry/samsung/sony/lumia dont have good camera but apple really are trying in terms of camera but other stuff in apple I don't see the reason of buying iphone,phone use to interact with fellow smartphones like bluetooth,phone dat don't support media card,you have an iphone an you saves some important files in it sowie you are tired of the iphone and want to sell it tell me what will happen to ur files since it dont support pc,iphone is a phone that you can not download muzik in the internet like other smartphone is all abt appstore nd sowie you can even buy some musik from the appstore cuz all is not free unless you gonna jailbrk the iphone bt is another big task,now the iphone 7 don't support normal headset but now ipod bluetooth headset tell me what happen when your earpod bluetooth spoiled you spend another huge cash buying bluetooth am not even sure whether they support another bluetooth set,but so far so good in terms of security they still mynum 1 pet icloud,if blackberry/samsung/sony/lumia can build a good security to me I don't really see the reason I will go for iphone......(my own review)

1 Like

Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
onufidel:
U neva see my HTC One M7 camera. Maybe na fake u don see. There was a time a pic I took was 2.8mb. The clarity was something to comment

LOL, if u think HTC one m7 has great camera then u have probably not used a good camera phone. The camera is only good in low light, in daylight it suffers.. why do u think HTC ditched the ultrapixel nonsense in the m9 and htc 10?. And I didn't see htc one m7, I actually owned one for more than a year (bought it since 2013) and my wife is still using it. HTC have always lagged behind in the camera department when compared to other big boys like Samsung, Sony, LG and Apple... they only improved with the HTC 10 because they decided to ditch the ultrapixel nonsense they were trying to push.
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
DerKaiser:

I am currently using the ZTE Axon 7 as my daily drive, the european version, A2017U, and the speaker is abysmal and totally muffled, whether on earphone or regular phone speakers.

I never knew they have a different version for Europe. The one I have seen has a very great audio and according to android authority it is the phone with the best audio on the market.
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by saintkenny(m): 1:03am On Oct 30, 2016
DerKaiser:

I am currently using the ZTE Axon 7 as my daily drive, the european version, A2017G, and the speaker is abysmal and totally muffled, whether on earphone or regular phone speakers.

Bro, abeg through which channel you take get your ZTE Axon 7, How much and Do you think the A2017 would fare better? Have you receive any OTA since you got it. I heard the OTA fixed pretty much of the glitches.
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by DerKaiser: 2:47am On Oct 30, 2016
greenhulk:

I never knew they have a different version for Europe. The one I have seen has a very great audio and according to android authority it is the phone with the best audio on the market.

Yeah Android Authority reviewed the American version while GSMAreana reviewed the European version and they really dumped on the audio of the EU version.

saintkenny:

Bro, abeg through which channel you take get your ZTE Axon 7, How much and Do you think the A2017 would fare better? Have you receive any OTA since you got it. I heard the OTA fixed pretty much of the glitches.

I bought mine in Europe, Germany to be precise and the price was 449 Euro. Though I have noticed that it is going for 429 Euro at the moment.

A2017 is the Chinese version that has 6GB Ram and 128GB Rom and lacks any Google app like the Google Play and so on (Google products are inaccessible in China)

You won't find this Chinese version anywhere outside China.

You can only buy the EU/International version, which is the A2017G or the US version, the A2017U (this version is superior to all other versions). So it depends on where you live.

So far, we have only received just security updates but Nougat update is coming soon because ZTE has shown a Nougat Beta version running on the Axon 7.

Also, the Axon 7 has been marketed as one of the few Google Daydream ready phones and Daydream only runs on android Nougat and upwards.

Generally, the phone is fast, beautiful to look at and has one of the best builds I have ever seen on a phone.

I like the phone a lot. It is a great phone for such bargain price.
Re: Some Smartphones Manufacturers And Their Specialties by kennynikky(m): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2016
bastien:
With all the spec of G-wagon, Toyota pencil light still sell pass am.

Lol
does u mention r build 4 special people owk, u can't expect dangote 2 start driving old model toyota, wat will come 2 ur mind will b, mehn dis guy stingy sha.. D sametng applicable 2 u also, u wn't use Gwagoon whn u ehn 20k salary, its nt possble, bck 2 ur question, going 4 iphone7 and galaxynote7 will encourage people 2 call u ritualist or yahoo boy.. Xo all does gadget r build 4 different purpose..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unboxing The Tecno Droipad 7D / NIN Registration Deadline: Have You Registered?? / Any Tecno T8 User About ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.