Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,942 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 (14992 Views)

Youwin! Connect List Of Successful Applicants 2017 | Confirm Your Name / Npower VAIDS/TAX Applicants 2017, / YALI APPLICANTS 2017--- Interview Invitations Has Stared Dropping. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by nnamdiosu(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2017
Jerobans:
Happy New Year to you guys. Any news so far?

Nothing o. Its well. God can still do it . let's just trust in him

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by dossylvanus(m): 9:31am On Jan 04, 2017
nnamdiosu:

Nothing o. Its well. God can still do it . let's just trust in him

Lol... what is God's business here now?
Everybody will be communicated to... whether its rejection or acceptance, and so far no news is out yet.
We disturb God too much in this our obodo naija.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by nnamdiosu(m): 10:08am On Jan 04, 2017
dossylvanus:

Lol... what is God's business here now?
Everybody will be communicated to... whether its rejection or acceptance, and so far no news is out yet.
We disturb God too much in this our obodo naija.
Lol.u won't understand. Going by the normal time table....by November the first set of selected applicants ought to have been selected and their first interviews slated. So its like its been disrupted somehow. Also, Obama who pioneered this program is going by 20tj of this month and trump takes over. Now a friend of mine who was chosen last year as a fellow told me that Obama told them to pray that Hilary wins cos if trump does chances are that he'll cancel it. Looks like that's what's happening. Besides what's the harm in putting faith in God? Isnt he the giver of all good things? Including this one??

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by beylinko(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
nnamdiosu:

Lol.u won't understand. Going by the normal time table....by November the first set of selected applicants ought to have been selected and their first interviews slated. So its like its been disrupted somehow. Also, Obama who pioneered this program is going by 20tj of this month and trump takes over. Now a friend of mine who was chosen last year as a fellow told me that Obama told them to pray that Hilary wins cos if trump does chances are that he'll cancel it. Looks like that's what's happening. Besides what's the harm in putting faith in God? Isnt he the giver of all good things? Including this one??
You are right. For me, my hope is fixed on God.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
I was a bit worried when I checked last year's. Most of them got their letter of invite or rejection in December. I was curious and got to ask. All the same it's just alright to put our trust in God especially now that things have changed. I Still believe with God everything is possible.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by monlawal(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2017
With Trump as president, I am sorry our chances have been trumped. That man would discontinue this programme. The reason for the silence is not unconnected with body language of the president elect after inauguration. Let's keep fingers crossed
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Elcid1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
learnt that some people have started getting interview invitations. as at this evening....who got the mail.... fingers crossed
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by wunmi590(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
Elcid1:
learnt that some people have started getting interview invitations. as at this evening....who got the mail.... fingers crossed

I don't think so.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Did anyone here attend the yali hangout accross the country last year?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
Who got the invite? I haven't got any and yet to see or hear from anyone who got. Please, guys anyone that got invite should inform the house. Thank you.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by dossylvanus(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lol they've started.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Brielche: 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Has anyone gotten the invite...?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
dossylvanus:
Lol they've started.
Do you know any who has got and which states?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by dossylvanus(m): 8:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jerobans:
Do you know any who has got and which states?

Ahh that wasn't What I meant o...

Was talking about rumour mongering.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by dossylvanus(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
So... what's happening with the 2017 Mandela
Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders now
that we're in the new year? Applications are currently
being reviewed, and in the coming weeks, U.S.
Embassies across Africa will be contacting semifinalists
for interviews. Please note that each country is on an
independent schedule, and not all applicants will be
contacted for an interview. We cannot comment on
individual statuses at this time. All applicants will be
informed of their status by mid-March 2017. Check out
this graphic for more details, and thanks for your
patience as we move through the selection process!
# YALI2017
yali.state.gov/apply
Young African Leaders Initiative Network, Exchange
Programs - U.S. Department of State , U.S. Department
of State , U.S. Department of State: Bureau of African
Affairs, USAID - US Agency for International
Development

As gotten from https://mobile.facebook.com/MandelaWashingtonFellowship/photos/a.183870908478162.1073741829.180977638767489/551724355026147/?type=3&refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=top_level_post_id.551724355026147%3Atl_objid.551724355026147%3Athid.180977638767489%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1485935999%3A-6513315595816230112

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Onosone(m): 7:25am On Jan 12, 2017
I also applied but not has not heard anything yet
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
Let's keep hoping. We may be called on or before the end of January.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Mbkite(m): 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
I learnt iv's are rolling in.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mbkite:

Have you seen anyone who got the invite? When? What states? Let's try and post confirmed information here.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Mbkite(m): 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jerobans:

Have you seen anyone who got the invite? When? What states? Let's try and post confirmed information here.

saw it on facebook via yali network.....
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by dossylvanus(m): 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mbkite:

Who did you get the information from?
Please only post verified info.
Thanks.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Kubany: 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
Some Nigerians have been invited. Join Yali Network face2face group on facebook. You will get all the updates you need.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Mbkite(m): 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
dossylvanus:

Who did you get the information from?
Please only post verified info.
Thanks.
oga, I just said what I heard. so I shouldn't say what I heard or saw?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by geodemainguy(m): 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2017
You guys should chill, take a careful look at the Yali program for 2017.

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by dossylvanus(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Mbkite:

oga, I just said what I heard. so I shouldn't say what I heard or saw?

Maguy you know say things done turn critical for this matter. And saying things like this need to have some degree of certitude to them.

Make e no be like say we dey fight.

Some people heart no strong. Tank yo 1ce mor.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 8:16am On Jan 14, 2017
Kubany:
Some Nigerians have been invited. Join Yali Network face2face group on facebook. You will get all the updates you need.

Oga, kindly post the link where you saw it. I checked and there was nothing like that. In fact, people are advised to be patient and that invites will be sent in the coming "weeks". If you saw where it was posted that Nigerians have started receiving invites, for the benefit of all, send the link or post the exact place you saw it.

Thanks.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Kubany: 9:01am On Jan 14, 2017
Jerobans:

Oga, kindly post the link where you saw it. I checked and there was nothing like that. In fact, people are advised to be patient and that invites will be sent in the coming "weeks". If you saw where it was posted that Nigerians have started receiving invites, for the benefit of all, send the link or post the exact place you saw it.

Thanks.

I don't owe you such favour. You can choose to believe what you like.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kubany:

I don't owe you such favour. You can choose to believe what you like.

Lol! You think seriously that you are doing me a favour by posting the source of your information? I don't think so my brother....we are all here to either share or get information for the good of all of us. On the other hand, if you feel comfortable sticking to or hoarding your information or refusing to post the source as the case may be , please do so. We are only concerned about the spread of unverified and misleading info in this platform...God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by s3nn2x(m): 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Jerobans:

Thanks.

Instead of you to pray that you are selected, you are here attacking the person who updated you.

Some Nigerians have been called for interview and some have already been interviewed since the beginning of this week.

Now, no need to fear because the interview is being done on batches till February, so, if you are not called for an interview now, that doesn't mean you might not be called later. You would have done yourself a whole load of good if you checked out the page he recommended. Nairaland is not the only place you can get information.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2017
s3nn2x:

Instead of you to pray that you are selected, you are here attacking the person who updated you.

Some Nigerians have been called for interview and some have already been interviewed since the beginning of this week.

Now, no need to fear because the interview is being done on batches till February, so, if you are not called for an interview now, that doesn't mean you might not be called later. You would have done yourself a whole load of good if you checked out the page he recommended. Nairaland is not the only place you can get information.

I didn't attack him or anybody who updated the house with useful information. Read the my post very well, I only requested that he state the source of his information or better still he should post the link here for the benefit of all. Do you call that attack or is it too much to do considering that there are many here who never saw that updates?

All the same, I wish the entire house success! God you all!

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by s3nn2x(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
Jerobans:

I didn't attack him or anybody who updated the house with useful information. Read the my post very well, I only requested that he state the source of his information or better still he should post the link here for the benefit of all. Do you call that attack or is it too much to do considering that there are many here who never saw that updates?

All the same, I wish the entire house success! God you all!

He said 'Yali network face2face' on Facebook. All you could have done was to search for it on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
Please, has anyone here received an invite or knows someone who has received an invite or has been interviewed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VLA Recruit / Police Recruitment: Date For JAMB Exam, Centres Released / Before You Sign That Offer Letter – PART I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.