Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government (1193 Views)

LASG: Only 600,000 Lagos Residents Pay Tax Out Of 22m Population / *50 Years Of Statehood: Kwara Has Every Reason To Celebrate* / The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2016
No Taxation Without Representation. How can a legitimate government expend $30 billion in loans and not a single dollar went to SE? Igbos have every reason and right not to pay tax and duties to this bigot, trabalist of a government. When the Internal Revenue Service comes to collect taxes and duties...tell them big WAKA! Listen to this bigot of a government arrogantly telling us that SE does not deserve a project for strategic infrastructural projects these loans will be used for. The irony of these is they will collect taxes from businesses in SE and used it to repay these loans...what kind of nonsense is this. They are more Internal Revenue offices in SE than any other regions...these financial vultures harass Igbo businesses to shore up federal revenue and yet SE is neglected. This has to stop!

$29.96B FOREIGN LOAN: FG leaves out South East in projects

In what appears a further marginalisation of the South East zone, the Fed­eral Government has left out the region in projects which President Muhammadu Buhari plans to execute with the pro­posed $29.960 billion infra­structure loan.
A breakdown of how the loan would be spent on infra­structure between 2016 and 2018 shows that none of the projects contained in the gov­ernment’s document is locat­ed in the South East geo-polit­ical zone.
President Buhari had on Tuesday asked the Senate to ap­prove the loan from multilater­al financial institutions to ena­ble his administration execute critical infrastructure and oth­er social intervention initiatives across the country.
The Finance Ministry said the $29.960 billion loan is de­signed to address infrastructure deficit in the country.

But in a statement released to journalists on Thursday on the projects to be funded by the loan, there was no single infra­structural project allocated to the South East - an area most acutely hit by poor infrastruc­ture and an acute shortage of various social amenities.
According to the statement, issued by the Special Assistant to the Minister of Finance on Media, Mr. Festus Akanbi, in­frastructural projects are allo­cated $18.3 billion.
The projects to be em­barked upon are the Mambil­la Hydro Electric Power Project ($4.8 billion), the Moderni­sation Coastal Railway Pro­ject (Calabar-Port Harcourt-Onne Deep Sea Port Segment) valued at $3.5 billion and the Abuja Mass Transit Rail Project (Phase 2) put at $1.6 billion.
Others are the Lagos-Kano Railway Modernisation Project (Lagos-Ibadan Segment Dou­ble Track) estimated at $1.3 bil­lion and the Lagos-Kano Rail­way Modernisation Project (Kano-Kaduna Segment Dou­ble Track) valued at $1.1 bil­lion.
The balance of $11 billion will be expended on Eurobond ($4.5 billion), Federal Govern­ment Budget Support ($3.5 bil­lion), Social Support for Educa­tion and Health ($2.2 billion), Agriculture ($1.2 billion), and Economic Management and Statistics ($.2 billion).
According to the statement, the borrowing has a three-year plan covering proposed pro­jects for 2016-2018 and is ex­pected to be phased over the three year period.
The ministry said that the borrowings are highly conces­sional (non-commercial), with low interest rates and long ten­ors.
The Federal Government affirmed that the funding is being sought from multilateral institutions such as the World Bank, the Africa Development Bank (AfDB), the Islamic De­velopment Bank (IDB), Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA) and the China Exim Bank.
The planned Eurobond is­suance in the international capital markets, the statement pointed out, is the only com­mercial source of funding.
But when The AUTHOR­ITY contacted Akanbi on the apparent omission of the South East on the project allocation, he said that the loan has noth­ing to do with regional consid­eration. He said that the gov­ernment would still reflect all the regions in the 2017 Budget.
Akanbi said: “I don’t have an answer to your question. This is just a Federal Govern­ment thing that was presented today. It’s not a regional thing. There are other projects like ag­riculture.
“These are strategic things just like intervention for three years’ programme. That does not stop the Federal Govern­ment from planning for all the regions next year and in the 2018 budget. It’s just for sup­port. It’s not the main thing, just an ad-hoc initiative.
“The government is going to sit down and work on the 2017 budget and all the regions will be covered. It has nothing to do with regions. These are specific projects on ground”.

http://authorityngr.com/2016/10/$29-96B-FOREIGN-LOAN--FG-leaves-out-South-East-in-projects/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:28am On Oct 29, 2016
SE will benefit when it's general and legally their right... Ok

When it's strategic and specific.. They would have to wait... Hmmm

Same language used on lopsided appointments..
Let's keep going..

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by legendarystar: 6:38am On Oct 29, 2016
this Igbo matter tire me oo, Na only them dey Nigeria! y is no other tribe like the TIV's complaining.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by jesse8048(m): 6:41am On Oct 29, 2016
The evil dat men do, live with them.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by Scream(m): 6:51am On Oct 29, 2016
Hiss...Nigerians are even more government than the constituted government. We have been wasting our funds over the years paying tax.

Meanwhile, this government has effectively handed over the eastern part to no one in particular, the state governors should come together and draw a development master plan...I see a glorious future for them.
Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by Pidggin(f): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2016
Igbos we SS support you
Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by dEastActivist: 7:48am On Oct 29, 2016
legendarystar:
this Igbo matter tire me oo, Na only them dey Nigeria! y is no other tribe like the TIV's complaining.

SE region is the one being marginalised and that's where Igbos are predominantly found with few other ethnicities like igala...

So please dont make it an Igbo thing. This act is wrong and evil...

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by Aegon(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2016
FIRS come and collect tax for my shop to rebuild North East and repay the 30 billion dollars loan. FIRS come quickly stop wasting time. God punish you.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by Aufbauh(m): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2016
legendarystar:

That should tell you that most of their complaints are sensational and mischievous targeted at blackmailing the Buhari led administration they never see anything good about from the onset.

The good thing is that Nigerians know them better as most of their wailing precepts are suspicious and predictable.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by chibuzorAbia: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2016
Good for us Igbos. We abandon our land and make it worthless and of no strategic to other Nigerians. Shebi we are gifted and special so let us build the SE to prove our worth.

Kai we don suffer!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by ChilledPill: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2016
I don't know if i am the only one having this feeling that biafra is nearer

Afonjazz and their master's may rejoice today! but tomorrow is pregnant
Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by 7lives: 8:29am On Oct 29, 2016
ChilledPill:
I don't know if i am the only one having this feeling that biafra is nearer

Afonjazz and their master's may rejoice today! but tomorrow is pregnant

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This may be Buhari's way of preparing you people for the exit from Nigeria, baba may have seen the futility of trying to keep you people in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by BudeYahooCom: 9:18am On Oct 29, 2016
Loans that will be embezzled while the Igbo man keeps moving forward and as usual their haters continue to live in squalor and poverty as they beg for alms all over the streets and scavenge in refuse bins. They do not know it's God's curse on them for trying to play God and place a ceiling above the Igbo in order to regulate his growth and development.

Thank God man is not God. Buhari too will pass like the others before him. Hunger and poverty will not depart from the land of the wicked one, no matter how many billions they spend in their regions. It's God's curse until they learn to be fair and equitable.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by codedslayer: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2016
dEastActivist:

SE region is the one being marginalised and that's where Igbos are predominantly found with few other ethnicities like igala...

So please dont make it an Igbo thing. This act is wrong and evil...

I am Yoruba and dont support it. Even though we both hate each other, i wont support any evil to you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by CSTR13: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2016
legendarystar:
When the TIV gets half of igbo global population and potential then maybe you will get to hear them complain.
Nigeria is riddled with threads of your whinings during the GEJ administration.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by 9japride(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2016
Aufbauh:

That should tell you that most of their complaints are sensational and mischievous targeted at blackmailing the Buhari led administration they never see anything good about from the onset.

The good thing is that Nigerians know them better as most of their wailing precepts are suspicious and predictable.
[color=#006600][/color]

U think Igbos are dummy like the middle belt which remain slaves to Hausa/Fulanis? I am very sure u are a northern who thinks he can subdue other tribes to squander their collective wealths just like what's happening in Niger delta. Nigeria is a country that does not have fairness and justice, that's why militants fought for resource control. Igbos will keep demanding for their share of the national wealth until the federal government let them go. Africa is still in dark age due to your kind of mind set

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by APCmyheart(m): 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
And the Govt have the right to seize all imported good from igbos who fail to pay duties.
Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by meccuno: 6:07am On Oct 30, 2016
codedslayer:

I am Yoruba and dont support it. Even though we both hate each other, i wont support any evil to you guys.
igbos don't hate Yorubas. I wonder were you got that from..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by idensko(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2016
It is obvious our politicians don't have our interest @ heart

How can a whopping $30b infrastructure fund be borrowed and not a single of the project is in the SE.

In fact if our representative politician does not kick against this, then I will officially join IPOB cos they seem to be the only sane group in SE.

Let us ostracize all the Politicians from SE and gang up to make our SE great again.

In fact this is WAR!!!!

A full blown one.

Enough of this Shit

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by simpleseyi: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2016
Please leave this joke. Buhari will never ever dig ordinary borehole in the South-East and he has been honest about this. He told the whole world categorically that a region that gave him just 5% vote should not compete with regions that gave him 97% vote. buhari has not lied about this, he has come out to state this clearly. This simply means that you cannot work in First Bank and go to Crusader Assurance Company to demand for salary. So, go and meet GEJ to build amenities for you.

You people has also told the whole world that you are Biafrans and not Nigerians. Nigerian government is building amenities for Nigerians and not for Biafrans nor for Yorubas nor for Fulanis but for Nigerians. So, Biafrans should build amenities for Biafra Republic.

Your brother and son GEJ was there for 6 years and at the end of his 6 miserable years, he showed you a picture of the second Niger bridge, that is your reward for all the taxes you paid GEJ, the balance of your taxes has been shared by GEJ gang of looters with over $31 million being in Mama Piss account. Please remind me, what is the cost of the 2nd Niger Bridge? I think the money in Mama Piss account should be able to pay a reasonable percentage, so go and meet your jesus of Okrika to give you your birth right.

Least I forget, what about the Calabar to Lagos rail-line, is that project in the North-West or North-East? What your thieving brother GEJ could not do for several years, the people's general is about to do it. If you people are true sons and daughters of your parents, then you will not ride on the Calabar to Lagos rail-line because your enemy is constructing it, may we never eat from our enemy's pot. Amen. Can you all recollect that South-East and south-South Senators and HOR were in the chambers when Saraki / Ekweremadu and Dogara / Lasu removed the Calabar - Lagos rail from the 2016 budget while Northerners made sure the Lagos - Kano and other projects in the North were passed?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by inkon: 8:50am On Oct 30, 2016
legendarystar:

Something that is meant for all is being cornered by some groups while others are in denial. Somebody speaks up to condemn such act, and all you can do is trying to turn up your nose at him. Are you sure something is not wrong with u?
Re: Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government by codedslayer: 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
meccuno:
igbos don't hate Yorubas. I wonder were you got that from..

Its fact and no need for pretense. The hate is real, you and your kinsmen say it here daily. Honestly, the hate is mutual.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Community In Kogi Rejects Biafra Agitation / Nnamdi Kanu Lost All At Once / Our OIL MONEY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.