Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,178 members, 7,849,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

What Is A Good Church Made Up Of? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is A Good Church Made Up Of? (935 Views)

5 Things To Look For When Trying To Find A Good Church / All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Good Church Made Up Of? by ezeking(m): 5:48pm On Jan 02, 2007
MY PPL, I WANT TO KNOW HOW U CAN JUDGE A GOOD CHURCH ESPECIALLY IN NIGERIA. AND BASED ON YOUR GIVEN OPINION, WHICH CHURCH OR CHURCHES DO YOU CONSIDER TO BE A GOOD CHURCH.
 HERE IS WHAT I MEAN.
  FOR ME I THINK A GOOD CHURCH IS ONE THAT THE PASTOR PREACHES THE WORD OF GOD. ONE THAT IS NOT REALLY LOOKING FOR POPULATION BUT IS READY TO PREACH THE WORD NO MATTER WHAT THE ATTENDEES FEELS. ONE THAT UPHOLDS THE DOCTRINE AS REVEALED IN THE WORD OF GOD AND NOT A SELF IMPOSED DOCTRINE AND ONE THAT IS READY TO DEFEND ITS ACTIONS EVEN IF UNHEARD OF WITH THE WORD OF GOD.
  AM I IN LINE HERE??
Re: What Is A Good Church Made Up Of? by Coco29(f): 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2007
do you understand that the church is the congregation not the building
Re: What Is A Good Church Made Up Of? by shahan(f): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2007
Well, me - I'm not in naija at the mo. . . but:

Coco29, good start off.

Another perspective, perhaps, is to highlight the issues which do not make up a good church. Basically, there's hardly anyone who would say bad things about their church - the pastor preaches the word, etc. After all said and done, what are we missing?

(1) (Reply)

Depressed: Our Praise Team At Church Is Lukewarm / Come Let Make Man In Our Image / Is Christianity A Religion Or Just A Way Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.