Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type (1197 Views)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by akintom(m): 9:47am On Oct 29, 2016
The rational atheists are better suited to normal life, than theistic mindset, about the real world of humans.

1 Like

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2016
Since when did denying the obvious become rationality?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:

Prove the obvious then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Prove the obvious then.
Which kind proof you want?
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by EyeHateGod: 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:
grin selfie Yahweh took with You that you so much believe In Him

1 Like

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
EyeHateGod:

grin selfie Yahweh took with You that you so much believe In Him
Where did you see Yahweh?
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by ValentineMary(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:
I am surprised at the boldness u xtian display. U say ur God is an obvious reality forgetting that the possibility that he/she/it exist is equal to the possibility that Zeus exist. U can't just pick a particular deity and claim it is an obvious reality. That is bigotry of the highest order.

3 Likes

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by Niflheim(m): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
@Akintom, you are so correct!!!

1.I have seen South African Christians claim that drinking alcohol is a sin, yet they drink petrol!!!

2.I have seen christians claim that worshipping snakes is a sin and yet they eat live snakes without even cooking them!!!

3.I have seen christians who claim that a woman not covering her hair is a sin, and yet they eat human hair!!!

4.I have seen christians claim that humans are higher beings and yet they eat grass like goats!!!

1 Like

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

I am surprised at the boldness u xtian display. U say ur God is an obvious reality forgetting that the possibility that he/she/it exist is equal to the possibility that Zeus exist. U can't just pick a particular deity and claim it is an obvious reality. That is bigotry of the highest order.
You are not atheist. You are just anti-Christian, because I've not mentioned Christianity here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:
Comprehensive unambiguous proof
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Comprehensive unambiguous proof
I also demand proof of your last dream. If you can give me that, I'll give you all the proof you want.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:
I also demand proof of your last dream. If you can give me that, I'll give you all the proof you want.
So my dreams are now equated to God?
Well even I can't remember what I dreamed or when I dreamed last. But i was hooked up to an MRI machine when I dreamed it would be evident.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

So my dreams are now equated to God?
Well even I can't remember what I dreamed or when I dreamed last. But i was hooked up to an MRI machine when I dreamed it would be evident.
I don't mean the brain waves. I want proof of the details- what happened in your last dream.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:
I don't mean the brain waves. I want proof of the details- what happened in your last dream.
Scientist have created a device that can play you a video of your dream. So you would have to hook me to it first, so you can get your details of my dreams.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Scientist have created a device that can play you a video of your dream. So you would have to hook me to it first, so you can get your details of my dreams.
Link please?
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by UyiIredia(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
akintom:
The rational atheists are better suited to normal life, than theistic mindset, about the real world of humans.

And the theists who became atheists after reading atheist viewpoints were ? Unable to change their minds ba ?
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by zzzzy: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

cheesy grin what's the name of the movie
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by felixomor: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:

I love this.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
grin grin
No.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by otemanuduno: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2016
The gods of men are the higher beings who came before men. The ALMIGHTY GOD is within them all and us also. Look not for GOD ALMIGHTY in the sky. Look for him in you.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by ValentineMary(m): 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:
You are not atheist. You are just anti-Christian, because I've not mentioned Christianity here.
The pics was based on christianity dumb head.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
ValentineMary:
The pics was based on christianity dumb head.
Why then did you quote me instead of the picture?
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by ValentineMary(m): 7:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
TomHagen:
Why then did you quote me instead of the picture?
Is it that u theist are generally dumb?? were u not commenting on the post with the pics na wa ooo
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by TomHagen: 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
ValentineMary:
Is it that u theist are generally dumb?? were u not commenting on the post with the pics na wa ooo
Warefa!
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by akintom(m): 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

And the theists who became atheists after reading atheist viewpoints were ? Unable to change their minds ba ?

Theists play the victims, with the persecutory credentials. This they intend to present as proof of realness of their religious experiences.

Change of mindset in this context is used as denoting the denial effects of confronting theists with emptiness of their claims.

Theist can change, when sufficiently overwhelmed with reason.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by UyiIredia(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
akintom:

Theists play the victims, with the persecutory credentials. This they intend to present as proof of realness of their religious experiences.

Change of mindset in this context is used as denoting the denial effects of confronting theists with emptiness of their claims.

Theist can change, when sufficiently overwhelmed with reason.

So why did you post that nonsense there that theists can change their mind when they do. Not to mention the fact that some theists don't need to be overwhelmed to change their minds.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by akintom(m): 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

So why did you post that nonsense there that theists can change their mind when they do. Not to mention the fact that some theists don't need to be overwhelmed to change their minds.

You're certainly bereft of capacity to comprehend my gist. I speak of rational atheists, and not some disillusioned folks who claimed being atheists.

The pathway to mental reconditioning process for a changed theist to atheist is complex and enduring.

Seek understanding of my gist, rather than fooling around here.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by UyiIredia(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
akintom:

You're certainly bereft of capacity to comprehend my gist. I speak of rational atheists, and not some disillusioned folks who claimed being atheists.

The pathway to mental reconditioning process for a changed theist to atheist is complex and enduring.

Seek understanding of my gist, rather than fooling around here.

The one being asinine is you. Theists do change their minds about God given reasons and it doesn't always have to be complex and ensuring as you claim. What matters though is that your claim has been shown false. Think before you type.
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by akintom(m): 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

The one being asinine is you. Theists do change their minds about God given reasons and it doesn't always have to be complex and ensuring as you claim. What matters though is that your claim has been shown false. Think before you type.

And it took you this long?
Re: Mindset: Atheists Have The Rational Type by peacesamuel94(m): 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
akintom:

is it rational to deny the existence of God/gods with the belief that out of estimated 4200 religions in the world today, that there is no possibility for anyone of them to be right and also rejecting possible proofs of how the universe came to be, even when you do not have a better explanation for how the universe came to be?

(1) (Reply)

See How Abuja Pastor Bro Joshua Iginla Celebrated His Birthday In South Africa(p / To The Theist In The House : Why Do You Think God Created The Universe? / Was There Kaaba Before Abraham?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.