Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,280 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? (1348 Views)

Urgent Help Needed: Issues Related To Browsing With A Modem / Who Has A Modem For Sale? / Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nwanna2588: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
Ever since I bought my laptop, I've been using universal modem to browse. Now it has spoilt and I've BB bold 5. How can I use it as a modem because I still have enough data on my MTN line?
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by lastbaff(m): 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
If it has hotspot, switch it on. Then connect your computer through WiFi
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nwanna2588: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
lastbaff:
If it has hotspot, switch it on. Then connect your computer through WiFi
Nice one! I've been trying but to no avail. I wish I've the breakdown of what to press.
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by profstar(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
Nwanna2588:
Ever since I bought my laptop, I've been using universal modem to browse. Now it has spoilt and I've BB bold 5. How can I use it as a modem because I still have enough data on my MTN line?
There are 2 methods
1. You sell it

2. You sell it

Nobody uses bb in 2016 except of course my granMa
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nwanna2588: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
profstar:
There are 2 methods 1. You sell it
2. You sell it
Nobody uses bb in 2016
An inappropriate joke of course.
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by profstar(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
Nwanna2588:

An inappropriate joke of course.
Really, hope your new laptop is not running on windows 2000 sha lipsrsealed
I mean, is it Pentium 1 or 2 grin
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nwanna2588: 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
profstar:
Really, hope your new laptop is not running on windows 2000 sha lipsrsealed I mean, is it Pentium 1 or 2
Window 7
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by profstar(m): 7:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
Nwanna2588:

Window 7
Lol, he answered!! cheesy cheesy abii window XP kiss
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
Step 1)turn on your BlackBerry 9900/9930 hotspot.

setp 2)go to ur pc found where you wifi is and turn it on,then wait for some seconds search and finally will found any available hotspot including ur BlackBerry hotspot.

step 3)click on the hotspot and I will prompt for a password if the hotspot is locked but will connect automatically if the hotspot is open.

step 4)congrat you have connected it,you can still buy me bear if this help you....gudpm dudes
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nwanna2588: 1:10am On Oct 30, 2016
chidubem89:
Step 1)turn on your BlackBerry 9900/9930 hotspot.

setp 2)go to ur pc found where you wifi is and turn it on,then wait for some seconds search and finally will found any available hotspot including ur BlackBerry hotspot.

step 3)click on the hotspot and I will prompt for a password if the hotspot is locked but will connect automatically if the hotspot is open.

step 4)congrat you have connected it,you can still buy me bear if this help you....gudpm dudes

Nice one! I'd 've preferred buying you chicken to bear since chicken is within my reach. Thank you but that of computer remains my problem. I can perform those BB operation. Now help me in that of computer.
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by profstar(m): 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
Now lemme get serious

As at the last time I updated bb-on-PC-browing, most of the network won't allow you to browse on PC with your bb subscription(glo allowed it one time though). Even after successfully connecting your bb to your PC, it just will refuse to work, except you use some other technical method (which is a long process).

So just forget it.
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by rednuth(m): 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
If its with airtel, yes .. But other network I don't know o.. Download destop manager.. And connect it with a cable! From there , you can do the rest!
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2016
Nwanna2588:

Nice one! I'd 've preferred buying you chicken to bear since chicken is within my reach. Thank you but that of computer remains my problem. I can perform those BB operation. Now help me in that of computer.

Lmao @ my niggah nwanna,e b like say diz ur pc is one of the oldest pc of all time,nw to solve the issue if your pc/windows don't come with a wireless card,first check the model of ur pc and the current window the pc is running on,now search through net to download wireless card for that pc model of urs,if you don't found the model I recommend that you change ur hard drive to 100gb then format it with window 7 that come with inbuild wireless card.......or you can format it to window xp then download the wireless card.....thankz manny
Re: How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? by Nwanna2588: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
I've learnt a lot from you guys contribution. My thumb is up. I've decided to go for the SIM own. The inbuilt SIM that the PC came with.

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Servers May Be Down / World’s Most Secure Wallet Comes With An Alarm, GPS Tracker And A Security Camer / Is Hp 8460p Laptop Good For 70k Or Too Costly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.