Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] (4278 Views)

How To Be Led By The Spirit Of God As A Christian Today / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / How To Increase Your Faith – By Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 9:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
The is is a whole Book of about 141 pages, As I convert them PDF to Word and rearrange, I will be posting them, so Come back later and Read.

I will Be posting 3 Chapters everyday

This Space Left Empty deliberately

So not for sale
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
Chapter 1 - The Lamp of the Lord
==============================
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. — Romans 8:14
The Spirit itself [Himself] beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God. — Romans 8:16
The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly — Proverbs 20:27
Children of God can expect to be led by the Spirit of God. Another translation of Proverbs 20:27 reads, "The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord...." Had this verse been written today it might have read, "The spirit of man is the light bulb of the Lord." What it means is this: God will enlighten us—He will guide us—through our spirits.

Many times, however, we seek guidance by means other than the way God said. When we do, we get into trouble. We sometimes judge how God is leading by what our physical senses tell us. But nowhere does God say that God will guide us through our physical senses. Too often we look at things from a mental standpoint and endeavor to reason out things But nowhere does the Bible say God will guide us through our mentality. The Bible does not say that the body of man is the candle of the Lord, nor that the mind of man is the candle of the Lord. It says that the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord.

God will guide us—He will enlighten us—through our spirits. Now before we can understand how God does lead us and guide us through our spirits, we have to understand the nature of man. We have to understand that man is a spirit, that he has a soul, and that he lives in a body.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
Chapter 2 - Man: An Eternal Spirit
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:... So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him. —Genesis 1:26,27

Man is a spirit being. He is made in the likeness of God. Jesus said that God is a Spirit (John 4:24). So man must of necessity be a spirit.
Man is a spirit, he has a soul, and he lives in a physical body (1 Thess. 5:23).

When the physical body of man is dead and in the grave, the spirit lives on. That part of man is eternal. Spirits can never die, and man is a spirit. Paul is speaking of physical death here:
PHILIPPIANS 1:23,24
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Paul is going to live. Whether in the body or out of the body, he is still going to live. If he abides, or lives in the flesh he can teach the church at Philippi and be a blessing to them. That would be more needful for them. It would be far better for Paul himself, however, to depart and be with Christ. Paul was actually saying, "I am going to live in the body or I am going to depart and be with Christ."

Who is going to depart?
"I" am going to depart. Paul was not talking about his body. His body was not going to depart. Paul is talking about the inward man, the spirit man, who lives inside the body.

People sometimes ask, "Will we know one another in Heaven?"
I always quickly ask, "Do you know one another down here?"
You see, you are the one who is going to be there. If you know one another down here, you will know one another there. You are the one who is here, and you will be the one who is there.
"I am going to depart," Paul says, "and be with Christ which is far better." I like that! If he had just said it was better, that would have been good. But he said, "It is far better!"
Some false cults teach that when a man dies he is dead like a dog is dead when it dies. No, man is not. Man is more than a body. He is a spirit, he has a soul, and he lives in a body. Others say that when man dies he is in "soul sleep." The Bible does not teach that. Some say the spirit does depart all right—but it comes back as a cow, a dog, or as someone else. Reincarnation is unscriptural and unbiblical. Stay with the Word of God and it will solve all your problems along this line. Paul said, "I am going to depart. I am going to be with the Lord, which is far better."
Paul preached the same truths and taught the same facts to all the churches.

Here he uses different words to teach the same blessed truth to the church at Corinth:

2 CORINTHIANS 4:16 - ...but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
There is an inward man. And there is an outward man. The outward man is not the real you. The outward man is only the house in which you live. The inward man is the real you. The inward man never grows older. He is renewed day by day. The inward man is a spirit man.

What is our spirit? Keep in mind our introductory texts. Romans 8:14 says, "... as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Then verse 16 gives us a little insight into how the Spirit of God leads us: "The Spirit itself [Himself] beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God." In other words, the Spirit of God bears witness with the spirit of man. Proverbs 20:27 says, "The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord...." According to these scriptures God will guide us through our spirits; therefore, we must find out what our spirit is.

Jesus said to Nicodemus, "... Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).
Nicodemus, being natural, could only think naturally. So he said, "... How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" (v. 4).

Jesus was not talking about a physical birth. He said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" (v. 6). He was talking about a spiritual birth.
The part of man that is born again is his spirit. Man's spirit receives eternal life—the life of God, and the nature of God. It is man's spirit that is made a new creature in Christ.
Paul calls man's spirit "the inward man." Peter calls man's spirit "the hidden man of the heart."

1 PETER 3:4
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

In many places when the Bible speaks of the heart, it is speaking of the spirit. This is the real man. It will help you in your believing and in your faith to think like that. In the New Testament, wherever the word heart is used, substitute the word spirit and you will get a clearer picture of what the Bible is talking about. It is the spirit of man that is born again.

2 CORINTHIANS 5:17 -Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This is talking about the inward man. It couldn't be talking about the outward man. When you are born again and become a new creature, you do not get a new body. The outward man is just like it was before. If you were bald before you were born again, you are still bald afterwards. If you had brown eyes before, you still have brown eyes. The outward man does not change. God does not do anything with the outward man. (You have to do something with the outward man. You find out what God wants you to do with the outward man from the Bible—and then you do it.) God does something with the inward man. He makes the man on the inside a new man in Christ, a new creature—a new creation.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
Chapter 3 Spirit-Conscious
==========================
... I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless.... —1 Thessalonians 5:23

In this scriptural passage, Paul begins with the inside, the innermost part of man, the heart of his being, which is his spirit, and comes to the outside.

Yet most people misquote this verse. They say, body, soul, and spirit. Why do they put the body first? Because they are more body-conscious than spirit-conscious. Natural things mean more to them than spiritual things. So they put physical things first.
Sometimes we are more mental-conscious because we live more in the mental realm.

But man is a spirit being. We need to be spirit-conscious. Spiritual things will become more real to us the more spirit-conscious we become.

If we are going to be led by the Spirit of God, we must become more spirit-conscious, or we'll miss out on the whole thing. God's Spirit leads us through our spirits.

Put spirit first. Become more spirit-conscious, more conscious of the inward man. Realize that you are a spirit being and that you became a new creation created by God in Christ Jesus. It will help you grow—spiritually.

Many years ago I began to think like this, and at first I would say it to myself out loud: I am a spirit being. I have a soul. And I live in a body.
Saying that helped me become more spirit-conscious. It helped my faith, because faith is of the spirit, or the heart.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
Chapter 4 - What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
==================================================
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit.... —Hebrews 4:12

The spirit and the soul are not the same.
Many years ago, back in the early 50's, I began an intensive study on this subject. I got books from the leading Bible schools and seminaries, both Pentecostal and denominational, to see what they taught on the subject of man. None satisfied me. None were actually scriptural. They were only scriptural, as the Bible says, "in part." I asked leading Bible scholars and ministers across the nation. You would recognize some of their names if I mentioned them. I even heard someone ask one of today's most well-known ministers, "What is the difference between the spirit and the soul?" He looked startled and said, "I thought they were the same." That was the answer I got from most of the ministers I asked.
Yet how could they be the same? Paul, by the Spirit of God, said they can be divided by the Word of God (Heb. 4:12). If you can divide them, they cannot be the same.
Only the Word of God can divide the spirit and the soul, however. The reason we have not been able to distinguish between them is that we have not dug deeply enough into the Word. Years ago, in the western part of the United States, they had what we call "the gold rush." People rushed out West. They were going to get rich in a hurry. Most panned a little gold out of creeks. Some found

a few nuggets lying on the ground. But if you really wanted to strike it rich, you had to dig for it. The same is true in spiritual matters: You can skim along on the surface of the Bible and pan out a little gold here and there—and even find a nugget occasionally. But if you really want to strike it rich, you have to dig down deep into the Word of God.
For 15 years I studied carefully, burning the midnight oil. If there was anything I desired to know it was the difference between the spirit and the soul. Eventually, I went through this process of elimination. I wrote it down like this: With my body I contact the physical realm. (That goes without argument.) With my spirit I contact the spiritual realm. That left only one other part of me that made contact with any other realm. I knew then that it had to be with my soul that I contacted the intellectual or soulish realm (which includes the emotions and the intellect). So I wrote: With my soul I contact the intellectual realm. Here is a scripture that helped me:

1 CORINTHIANS 14:14
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

The Amplified translation reads, "For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays, but my mind is unproductive...."
Our understanding, our natural human mentality, is a part of our soul.
Notice what Paul said. "My spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful." He did not say, "When I pray in an unknown tongue my soul prays." He did not say, "When I pray in tongues, I pray out of my intellect, or out of my mind." He said in effect, "I am not praying out of my soul when I pray in tongues; I am praying out of my spirit, my heart, my innermost being." Do you remember what Jesus said?

JOHN 7:37-39
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said,
OUT OF HIS BELLY shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (BUT THIS SPAKE HE OF THE SPIRIT, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
As a result of receiving the Holy Spirit, Jesus said, "out of the belly shall flow rivers of living water." Another translation reads, "out of the innermost being will flow rivers of living water."
A Full Gospel pastor's daughter was six years old when she and some of the children were off by themselves one night at a revival. Some of these youngsters were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues. This little six-year-old, holding her stomach, ran up to her mother, saying, "Momma, Momma, that came right out of my belly."

She was being scriptural. She was speaking in tongues from her belly—her spirit, her innermost being. That's where tongues come from—the Holy Spirit who resides in your spirit gives your spirit the utterance and you speak it out.
Consider these scriptures together now. "The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the INWARD PARTS OF THE BELLY.. OUT OF HIS BELLY shall flow rivers of living water...."

All the leadings I have ever received have come from out of my spirit. And most of them have come while I was praying in other tongues. You can understand why. Your spirit is active when you are praying in tongues.
One reason the church world as a whole has failed so miserably is that it has done so much of just one kind of praying—praying with the understanding, or mental praying. Christians have endeavored to fight spiritual battles with mental abilities.
I have learned this through these many, many years. In every crisis of life I have learned to look to my spirit inside me. I have learned to pray in other tongues. While I am praying in other tongues, guidance comes up from inside me. This is because my spirit is active. My body is not active, my mind (my soul) is not active, but my spirit is active, and it is through my spirit that God is going to guide me.

Sometimes I interpret what I am praying in tongues, and through the interpretation I receive light and guidance (1 Cor. 14:13). But most of the time, that is not so. Most of the time, just while I am praying in tongues, from somewhere way down inside, I can sense something rise up in me. It begins to take shape and form. I cannot tell anyone mentally how I know it, because my understanding has nothing to do with it. But I know on the inside of me what to do.

I follow that. I listen to my spirit. Because the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
Chapter 5 - The Saving of the Soul
============================
... receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. —James 1:21

The spirit of man is the part of man that is born again. It is the part of man that receives eternal life, which is the nature and life of God. It is the spirit of man that becomes a new creature in Christ Jesus. The soul is not the innermost being at all. It is not the soul that is born again. The saving of the soul is a process.

James 1:21 used to bother me when I was a denominational preacher before I was filled with the Holy Spirit. I didn't know what I know now. I used spirit and soul interchangeably—referring to the spirit as the soul, and the soul as the spirit. I didn't divide them as the Bible does. But I did have enough sense to leave this verse alone until I grew so that I could understand what it is saying.
The Epistle of James was not written to sinners. James did not write a letter to the world; he wrote this letter to the Church. We know that because of James 5 where he says, "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church ..." (v. 14). In other words, if there is any sick among the Church, let him call for the elders of the Church. Also referring back now to the first chapter of James, let's pick up with verse 18:

JAMES 1:18-21
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

James is talking to born-again believers. Of the Father's own will, he writes, we were begotten, or born again by the Word of Truth. He calls them "my beloved brethren," so they were in Christ. Yet he encourages these born-again, Spirit-filled people to receive the engrafted Word with meekness, "... which is able to save your souls." Evidently, their souls were not saved.

You see, a man's spirit, the innermost man, the real man, receives eternal life and is born again. But his intellect and emotions—which comprise his soul—still have to be dealt with. They are not born again. They are to be renewed.
Paul speaks about the renewing of the mind, writing to the saints at Rome.
ROMANS 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
The Psalmist David spoke of the restoring of the soul:

PSALM 23:3 - 3 He restoreth my soul ...

The Hebrew word translated restore in the Old Testament, and the Greek word translated renew in the New Testament mean about the same thing. The soul—the mind—is to be renewed or restored.
My mother left me a chair which she inherited from her mother. I don't know exactly how old that chair is, but it is quite old. I can remember when my grandmother had it restored. They put new upholstery on it. They revarnished it. It was still the same chair; it was just restored. It was renewed.

In the Word it is never written that God restores our spirits. Our spirits become brand-new creatures in Christ Jesus. Our souls, however, must be renewed or restored.

How? We have these scriptures relative to the soul: receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls... be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God ... He restoreth my soul (James 1:21; Rom. 12:2; Ps. 23:3).

Man's soul is saved, or restored, when his mind becomes renewed with the Word of God. It is the Word of God that saves our souls, that renews our minds, that restores our souls.

When our minds become renewed with the Word of God, then we think in line with what God's Word says. We are able to know and prove the permissive and the perfect will of God—because the Word of God is the will of God. We don't have so many questions about the will of God once we get our souls saved.

The greatest need in the Church today is to have minds renewed with the Word of God.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Chapter 6 - Presenting the Body[b][/b]
===============================
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. —Romans 12:1

It is the inward man—not the outward man—that becomes a new creature in Christ. We still have the same body we had before we became a new creature. What we must learn to do is to let that new man on the inside of us dominate. With that new man, we control the flesh and do something with our bodies.
Let's look again at Second Corinthians 5:17 which says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." One translation reads, "If any man be in Christ, there is a new self...."
Sometimes in churches we hear people talk about "dying out to self." There is no such statement in the Bible. We don't need to die out to self if we have become a new self. What we need to do is crucify the flesh. The Bible does talk about that.
Crucifying the flesh is not something God does for you. It is something you do for yourself "I beseech you therefore, brethren," Paul wrote to the Church, "by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies ..." (Rom 12:1).
Who presents your body?
You do.
Who is you?
That's the man on the inside who is born again, and has become a new creature.

You do something with your body. If you do not do something with it, nothing will ever be done with it.

1 CORINTHIANS 9:27
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway [disapproved].
Here Paul is talking about the fact that he does something with his body. "I keep under my body. I bring it into subjection."
Who is I?
That's the real man—the real Paul—the man on the inside who has become a new creature in Christ Jesus and is filled with the Holy Spirit. "I do something with my body. I keep it under. I bring it into subjection."
What did Paul bring his body into subjection to?

To the inward man. Instead of letting the body dominate the inward man, Paul saw to it that the inward man dominated the outward man.
Now notice this. Here is this great apostle, this holy man of God, this man who wrote half the New Testament, a man who is a spiritual giant—yet evidently his body wanted to do things that were wrong. If it hadn't, he would not have had to keep it under. He would not have had to bring it into subjection.

Just because your body wants to do wrong, doesn't mean you are not saved, or that you are not filled with the Holy Spirit. (If that were the case, Paul was not saved.) You will have to contend with the body, the flesh, as long as you are in this world.
"Brother Hagin, I want you to pray for me," one man said.
"What for?" I asked. I like to know what I am praying for.

A look of seriousness, even tears, came to his eyes, "I want you to pray that I will never have any more trouble with the devil."
I said, "Do you want me to pray you will die?"
"No, no, I don't want to die."
I said, "The only way you won't have any more trouble with the devil is to get out of here and go on to Heaven."

You will have problems with the devil as long as you are in this life. You will have problems with the flesh as long as you are in the flesh. But, blessed be God, the means, the ability, and the authority have been given to you
through the Word of God to deal with the devil and to deal with the flesh.
Paul did not let his body dominate him. The man on the inside that was born again and filled with the Holy Spirit— must dominate the outward man.

You can do it. What I want you to see is this—you are the one who must do it. Paul did not say God would do it
for you. He did not say the Holy Spirit would do it for you.
He said, "You present your bodies."
He said, " You be not conformed to this world." He said, "You be transformed by the renewing of your mind." You present your body. You do it. You get your mind renewed with the Word of God. You do it.

The life and nature of God is inside your spirit. Let that man on the inside be the dominant one. Listen to him. It is the spirit of man that is the candle of the Lord. It is through your spirit that God will guide you.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by xpmode(m): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
following
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by Gombs(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2016
Kenneth Hagin...

I'm so following.

The WoF... Ah!
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
Reading...
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by promise10: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
Following!!
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2016
I chop my second ban for Nairaland for bulk mention

I guess I annoyed someone who use the Report link nevertheless a back

1 Like

Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2016
Chapter 7 Number One: The Inward Witness
=================================
The Spirit itself [Himself] beareth witness with our spirit.... —Romans 8:16

You will find that being led by the inward witness is the number one way, or the primary way, that God leads all of His children.
Let me go back—I said I would in the preface of this book—to what Jesus said to me in February 1959 in El Paso, Texas. It was 6:30 in the evening. I was sitting up in bed studying. My eyes were wide open. (There are three types of visions. The highest type is an open vision. In an open vision, one's physical senses are not suspended, and his physical eyes are not closed. He possesses all of his physical capabilities, yet sees into the realm of the spirit.)

I heard footsteps. The door to my room was ajar twelve to fourteen inches, so I looked to see who was coming into my room. I expected to see some literal, physical person. But as I looked to see who it was, I saw Jesus. It seemed as if the hair on my neck and head stood straight up on end. Chill bumps popped out all over my body.

I saw Him. He had on a white robe. He wore Roman sandals. (Jesus has appeared to me eight times. Every time, except this time, His feet were bare. This time He had on sandals; that's what I had heard as He approached my door.) He seemed to be about 5 feet 11 inches tall. He looked as if He weighed about 180 pounds.

He came through the door and pushed it back until it was almost shut. He walked around the foot of my bed. I followed Him with my eyes—almost spellbound. He took a hold of a straight chair and pushed it up close to my bed. Then He sat down on it, folded His hands, and began His conversation with me by saying, "I told you in the automobile the other night...."
The automobile had been full. My wife and I and others were driving along within two blocks of where I now was, as Jesus sat by my bedside talking to me. In the car, I had heard the Spirit of God speak to me. I thought everyone in the car had heard it and I said, "Did you all hear that?" They said, "No, we didn't hear anything."

In the Old Testament the prophets would say, "And the Word of the Lord came unto me saying...." Did you ever wonder how it came? It could not have been literally audible. If it had been audible everyone present would have heard it—the prophet would not have had to tell the people what the Spirit said. The Word of the Lord came to the prophet's spirit from the Spirit of God. It is so real that it seems audible at the time. The Word of the Lord was so real to me, I thought everyone in the car with me had heard it too.

As Jesus sat at my bedside, He said, "I spoke to you the night before last in the automobile and told you certain things. I told you, by my Spirit, that later I would talk to you further. So now I have come to talk to you about this..."
It was concerning the ministry of the prophet. Jesus sat there in that chair and talked to me for an hour and a half. And I talked to Him. I asked questions in reference to what He was saying. He answered them. I will not go into all He said about the prophet's ministry; that is another message. But I will get into some of it.

Jesus said to me, "The prophet of the New Testament is very similar to the prophet of the Old Testament in that the prophet of the Old Testament was called a 'seer' because he saw and knew things supernaturally. The prophet of the New Testament also sees and knows things supernaturally. But the prophet of the New Testament does not have the same status as the prophet of the Old Testament, in that I did not set prophets in the Church to guide the Church. A Christian under the New Testament need not seek guidance through prophets. He might receive guidance through prophets, but he should not seek it. It is unscriptural to do so. The ministry of the New Testament prophet in this area is only to confirm what people already have in their own spirits.
"Under the Old Covenant, only the priest, the prophet, and the king were anointed by the Holy Spirit to stand in those offices. What you would call the laity did not have the Spirit of God upon them or in them. Therefore, under the Old Covenant, people would seek guidance through the prophet because he had the Spirit of God."

Under the New Testament, thanks be to God, we not only have the Spirit of God upon us—we have Him in us!
Jesus also said to me, "Under the New Covenant, it does not say, 'As many as are led by prophets, they are the sons of God.' The New Testament says, 'For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God'" (Rom. 8:14).
Then He said, "The number one way, the primary way, that I lead all of My children is by the inward witness. I am going to show you how that works so you won't make the mistakes you have made in the past."

Jesus explained to me that to stand in the office of the prophet, one is first of all a minister of the gospel separated and called to the ministry with the call of God upon his life. Secondly, he has at least two of the revelation gifts—the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, the discerning of spirits—plus the gift of prophecy, operating in his ministry.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by Scholar8200(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2016
GoodMuyis:
I chop my second ban for Nairaland for bulk mention

I guess I annoyed someone who use the Report link nevertheless a back
Welcome back.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2016
Chapter 7 Number One: The Inward Witness - Cont
=================================

Then He called my attention to something that had been happening to me for the previous three days. For the past three days, I had sat down to write a letter to a pastor confirming a date to hold a meeting for him. Somehow, the first day, I got about half a page written, then I tore it up and threw it into the wastebasket. The next day I did the same thing. The third day I did the same thing. Then it was the day that the Lord was here in the room talking to me.

Jesus said, "You see Me sitting here talking to you. This is a manifestation of the Spirit called discerning of spirits. (Discerning of spirits is seeing into the spirit realm.) This is the prophet's ministry in operation. You are seeing into the realm of the spirit. You see Me. You hear Me talking. I am bringing you, through the vision, a word of knowledge and also a word of wisdom. I am telling you not to go to that church. The pastor would not accept the way you would minister when you got there. But I am never going to lead you this way again. (He never has, and that was many years ago.) From now on, I'm going to lead you by the inward witness. You had the inward witness all the time. You had a check in your spirit. That's the reason you tore up the letter three times. You had something on the inside, a check, a red light, a stop signal. It wasn't even a voice that said, 'Don't go.' It was just an inward intuition."

Then Jesus reminded me of another invitation. I had preached a convention for one of the Full Gospel denominations the previous year. Nearly every pastor there asked me if I would come and hold a meeting. I had hundreds of calls, I suppose.
One fellow came up to me and said, "Brother Hagin, do you ever go to small churches?"
I said, "I go anywhere the Lord says to go."
"Well, we only run seventy to ninety in Sunday School. But if God ever speaks to you, we want you to come."
I dismissed that conversation along with many others. Several months later, however, while praying in the church one day about my services that night, that conversation came back to me. Then every day it continued to come back to me. Finally, after about thirty or forty days, I said, "Lord, do You want me to go to that little church for a meeting?"
The more I would pray about it and the more I would think about it, as we say, the better I would feel about it on the inside of me. It wasn't a physical feeling, but it was a feeling in my spirit.

Sitting by my bedside, Jesus referred to this: "The more you thought about it, the better you felt about it. You had a velvety-like feeling in your spirit. That's the green light. That's the go-ahead signal That's the witness of the Spirit to go. Now you see Me sitting here, you hear Me talking to you, and I am telling you to go to that church. But I am never going to lead you to go anywhere like this again. (He never has.) From now on, I am going to lead you just like I do every other Christian—by the inward witness."
Then the Lord said this to me, which is not just for my benefit, but also for yours: "If you will learn to follow that inward witness, I will make you rich. I will guide you in all the affairs of life, financial as well as spiritual. [Some think God is only interested in their spiritual well-being, and nothing else. But He is interested in everything we are interested in.] I am not opposed to My children being rich; I am opposed to their being covetous."

I have followed that inward witness and He has done just what He said He would do. He has made me rich.
Someone asked, "Are you a millionaire?"
I didn't say that. Some people fail to realize what the Word "rich" means. It means a full supply. It means abundant provision. I have more than a full supply. I have more than an abundant provision. It is because I learned to follow the leading of the Spirit by the inward witness.

What He did for me, He will do for you. It won't come overnight, or by next Saturday night. But as you learn to develop your spirit and follow that inward witness, He will guide you in every area of your life.
I knew a man down in Texas. He had never worn a pair of shoes until he was 12 years old. He only had a fifth grade education. But way back when money was money, he was a millionaire.

Two different people, one from California and the other from Minnesota who had been frequent house guests in his home, told me that this man told each of them the same thing.
He said to them both, "In all these years and in all these investments [that's how he made his money], I have never lost a dime."
That beats my record. How about yours?
"Everything I have ever invested in, has made money," he told each of them on different occasions. Then he told them how he did it.
"I always do this. When someone comes along with an idea, wanting me to invest in something, my first reaction is mental. Now I know when Jesus said, 'When you pray, enter into your closet,' that He didn't necessarily mean you have to get into a closet to pray. I know He meant for us to shut things out. But I have a large closet in my bedroom where I go to pray. I pray about it. I wait long enough— until I hear what my spirit says. Sometimes I wait three days. Now I don't mean that I stay in there 24 hours a day. I might come out and eat one meal. Usually I miss a few. I come out and sleep a little bit. But the majority of the time I am waiting, just by myself, until I know inside by an inward witness what I am to do.

"Sometimes my head says, 'Boy, you would be a fool to put your money in that. You'll lose your shirt.' But my heart says, 'Go ahead and invest in it.' So I do. And in all these years, I have never lost a dime.

"Then again, someone comes along with a deal and my head says, 'Boy, you had better get in on that one.' But I don't pay any attention to my head. I get in that closet and wait. Sometimes all night long I wait. I'll pray and read my Bible, but a lot of the time I just wait. I just get quiet until I can hear inside what my heart says. When my heart says, 'No, don't do it,' and my head says, 'Yes, you'd better get in on it,' I don't do it."
What had this man done? He had learned to follow the inward witness and God had guided him in his business, until in the late 1930's and the early 1940's he was already worth two million dollars. That doesn't sound big now, but it was big then.
Do you think God loved him more than He loves you? No, but this man took time to listen to God. He took steps and means and measures to wait upon God.

I was with a group of ministers and we were talking personally, and conversing with one another. Someone asked a certain individual who is a very successful minister, "Now we know that God called you and that the anointing of God's Spirit is upon you. But from your standpoint, is there any one thing you do that you would say has contributed more to your success than any other one thing?"

That man said, "I always follow my deepest premonitions."
What was he saying? He was simply saying, "I always listen to my spirit. I do what my spirit tells me to do. I follow that inward witness."
The inward witness is just as supernatural as guidance through visions and so on; it is just not as spectacular. Many people are looking for the spectacular and missing the supernatural that is right there all the time.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
Chapter 8 - Know-So Salvation
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself....—1 John 5:10

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Rom. 8:14). The sons of God can expect to be led by the Spirit of God. Hallelujah! They are not led by someone else telling them what to do. The Holy Spirit is going to lead us. We have Scripture that says so.
How does He lead? Verse 16 gives us a clue: "The Spirit itself [Himself] BEARETH WITNESS with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Rom. 8:16).

In the most important aspect of life, and in the most important thing that can happen to you—becoming a child of God—God lets you know that you are His child by His Spirit bearing witness with your spirit. Then you can understand that the first and foremost way God will lead you is also by that inward witness.

You do not know that you are a child of God because someone prophesied that you are. You wouldn't accept that. You do not know that you are a child of God because someone said, "I feel like you are." You wouldn't accept that. You are not a child of God because you had a vision. You might, or you might not have had a vision, but a vision is not what would make you a child of God. That is not what the Bible says. That is not the way you know you are a child of God.
How does the Bible say we know we are children of God? His Spirit, God's Spirit, bears witness with our spirits.

Sometimes you can't really explain how you know you are a child of God, but you just know it, right down on the inside of you. You know it! You know you are by the inward witness.
I was born again as a teenager on the bed of sickness April 22, 1933. Since that day, the thought has never occurred to me that I might not be saved. Yet even as a young Christian I ran into people who said, "You're not saved because you don't belong to our church." Or those who would argue, "You're not saved because you haven't been baptized our way." And many gave me other reasons why they thought I was not saved.

But none of that disturbed me. I laughed at it, because I had the witness! And I had the love!

1 JOHN 3:14 - We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love....
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
More Coming.....
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Stay away from sin and do good when you can and the Holy Spirit will guide you for the rest of your life. Tested and trusted smiley
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
Chapter - 9 Fleeced!
======================
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you.... —Ezekiel 36:26,27

In 1941 I didn't know as much as I know now. Please don't misunderstand me; I don't know as much now as I am going to know. I would hate to think I know all I am ever going to know in this life about God and about the Bible. No, we don't know everything, but praise God for what we do know.
Anyway, in 1941 My wife and I were pastors of a church in the blackland of North Central Texas. Another church down in the oil field of East Texas wanted me to come and try out as pastor. So I drove down and preached one Sunday. The church asked if they could vote on me for pastor, and I said yes. Traveling back home after the service, I put out a fleece.

Now I was born and raised Southern Baptist. I started preaching as a Southern Baptist. In 1937 I was baptized in the Holy Spirit as a Baptist preacher. In 1939 I accepted the pastorate of a little Full Gospel Church. It was in March 1941 that this church in East Texas wanted to consider me as pastor. I had been with Full Gospel people long enough by that time that some of their misconceptions had rubbed off on me. Don't misunderstand me; a lot of good things rubbed off on me too. But this one was bad. I kept hearing them talk about putting out fleeces. So I put out a fleece.
I really knew better. But at the time it seemed as if it would save me a lot of the trouble of praying, and getting alone and waiting on God, and maybe some fasting—just to put out a fleece.
In putting out a fleece, one prays something like this: "Lord, if you want me to do this—then You do that." Or, "God, if you want me to do this, then have that happen." Or, "Lord, shut that door, and open this door."

Some of those doors the devil might shut, and some of them the devil might open. They are in his territory. The Bible calls him the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4). That would be like praying, "Lord, if you want me to go to Kansas City next week, You open Brother Hagin's front door." I might open it myself. I live there. You see, Satan can move in the sense realm.

God has a better way of leading His children than by a hit-and-miss method such as fleeces. The New Testament does not say, "As many as are led by fleeces, they are the children of God."
"Yes," someone might say, "but Gideon put out a fleece back in the Old Testament."

Why go back under the Old Covenant? We have something better. The Old Covenant is for spiritually dead people. I am not spiritually dead. I am alive! I have the Spirit of God in me.
Remember Gideon was not a prophet, a priest, or a king. Only those three offices, under the Old Covenant, were anointed by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God was not personally present with the rest of the people.
That's why every male had to present himself at the temple in Jerusalem once a year. The Shekinah glory—the Presence of God—was kept shut up in the Holy of Holies. But when Jesus died on Calvary, the curtain that curtained off the Holy of Holies was rent (torn) in twain from top to bottom—and God moved out. He has never dwelled in earth-made houses since. He dwells in us!
It is dangerous for New Testament, Spirit-filled Christians to put out fleeces. I know that from the Word. And I know it from experience.

Back there in 1941 I said as I drove along, "Lord, I am going to put out a fleece. I am just going to turn it over to You. (I didn't realize that I wasn't turning it over to the Lord.) If they elect me as pastor one hundred percent, I am going to accept that as being the will of God, and I am going to accept that church."
I got every vote! That was my fleece. They elected me 100 percent. They missed God. I missed God. They got fleeced. I got fleeced. I got out of the perfect will of God— and God just let me do it.
We moved into the parsonage. Many things were more comfortable than what we'd had before, from the natural standpoint. We had more money. We lived in a better parsonage. We drove a better automobile.

But I would study and pray and get a message—and be just all on fire. Then the minute I stepped inside the church door, it was as though somebody poured a bucket of cold water on me. I lost it all. In fourteen months I didn't preach a decent sermon. No inspiration.
My wife was reluctant to say anything. She finally did say, "Honey, you've got to where you can make a pretty good talk."
That was all I was doing, making "talks." I wasn't preaching. When my agreed-upon time was up, I left. I didn't wait for some signal to leave; I just left.

Later on in pastoring, I always wanted to go back there for a meeting because I wanted those people to know I could preach. They had never really heard me preach. Finally, in the course of time, I went back and held a revival. Folks' mouths fell open. "We didn't know you could preach like that," they said.
I said, "Oh, yes, I preached like that before I came here to pastor, and I preached like that after I left here."
"Well, you didn't preach like that when you were here."
I said, "No, because we were all out of the will of God. I was here out of the will of God, and you elected me out of the will of God."

I learned about that fleece business. One time ought to cure a fellow. But some folks—even though none of their fleeces have ever worked—still put out fleeces.
I never missed it again in going to any other church as pastor. And I didn't put out any more fleeces. I prayed and waited on God. I talked to God long enough so that I knew right on the inside what I was to do.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Jesuobu:
Stay away from sin and do good when you can and the Holy Spirit will guide you for the rest of your life. Tested and trusted smiley

You are welcome!

There are times, when believers dont Really know how Holy Spirit Guides

You tried and follow this Thread, I trust God that he will teach you more, to what you knew before
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 8:36am On Nov 04, 2016
Chapter 10 - Following the Witness
==================================
For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness. —Psalm 18:28

We left that church. We were asked by leaders of a denomination to take another church to fill in temporarily, so we did.
Later, while I would be in my study praying, I would get a burden to go back to the church I'd left as a result of the fleece. I hadn't finished what God wanted me to do there.

Usually this happened when I was praying about my sermon and the Sunday services in other tongues—because remember, when I pray in tongues, my spirit prays, and the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord. I would get such a burden for the church I had left more than two years before, I would jump up and run out of the room to get away from it.

Once I came to myself out in the street beside the church wondering, How did I get out here? To get out there I would have had to run out of the church study, across the auditorium, and out the side door. But I didn't remember doing that. I was under such a burden for that church, and I was trying to get away from it. I didn't want to go back there to pastor.

Finally, after about 30 days of that, I said, "Lord, are You talking to me about going back there? Are You trying to give me some guidance?" Then I said, "Talk to my wife. She can listen too."
One morning while we washed dishes, I said to my wife, "Honey, if the Lord says anything to you, let me know." I didn't tell her anything more.

Then I waited 30 days. You don't have to get in a big hurry about some things. The Bible says, "... he that believeth shall not make haste" (Isa. 28:16). Faith doesn't get in a hurry. The devil will try to push you. He will say, "Hurry up. Hurry up. Hurry, hurry, hurry." He will try to move you out of faith, move you into doubt, move you into unbelief, and get you away from the leading of God.

Thirty days later, as I washed the dishes and my wife dried them, I said, "Has the Lord been talking to you?"
"If He has, I don't know it."
I got a little more pointed in order to bring her out. I said, "Has the Lord said anything to you about going back to____?" I called the name of the city where the church was.
"Oh," she said, "I thought that was just me."
"Well," I said, "let's analyze what you mean when you say me."

If you mean the flesh, then that wouldn't be right. But if you mean the real "me," the man on the inside—the real you—then that is right. Remember that the spirit is the candle of the Lord. Then it is not just you, the outward man, it is the Lord lighting the candle for you—the inward man—the man on the inside.
"I want to ask you a question," I said to her, "so we can ascertain just which this is. From the physical, from the mental, just naturally speaking, do you want to go back there?"
"Oh, no!"
"It couldn't be you then, could it? (It would have been better to say, it couldn't have been the flesh, the natural man, the outward man.) You're not going to be thinking about doing something you don't want to do."
I saw she had the inward witness just as I did. Sometimes the inward witness is there and people don't recognize it.
"I am convinced," I told her, "that God is leading us that way. It will have to be God to open it up and get us back there. Let's just let Him do it."

He did. Within a few months, without my doing anything to work it out, I was invited to preach a week in that church. Afterwards, the board asked if I would be interested in coming back to pastor.
I didn't tell them I had something from God. I just said, "I might be."
They said, "We have all been talking and the church wants you back."

"Well," I said, "they would have to vote on me. So I'll tell you what I'll do—just go ahead and vote, and I will tell you afterwards."

From the natural standpoint my wife and I still did not want to go back there. Although we loved the people, we did not want to live in that town. We did not want to live in that house. In my heart I wanted to obey God, but everything about my flesh recoiled. In my natural man, my outward man, and in my own natural human thinking and mind, I did not want to go back there.
So really, as I kept praying and fasting while the church board was making all the proper announcements and advertising the election, I was actually saying to the Lord that I didn't want to trust that inward witness I knew both my wife and I had.
I was over into the third day of a fast. I wanted the Lord

to move in some spectacular way—I wanted some kind of a word, tongues and interpretation, a prophecy, or God just to write up in the sky, "GO TO THAT PLACE." I was on my knees bawling and squawling and begging—because I didn't know any better.
God also leads by an inward voice as well as by an inward witness. That inward voice said, "Get up from there and quit acting like that."
I got up. Then I said, "Lord, if You could just give me some supernatural sign, I would feel better about this."
He said, "You have all I am going to give you. You don't need any supernatural sign. You don't need any supernatural writing in the sky. You don't need any tongues and interpretation. You don't need any prophecy. You know on the inside of you what to do. Now do it."
I said, "Okay, I will."
Many times we ignore the inward witness. We want something out in the sense realm. We seek the sensational and miss the supernatural.

Let's learn that God leads all of His children, primarily, by the inward witness.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2016
Chapter 11 Number Two: The Inward Voice
================================
I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost. —Romans 9:1

The number one way the Spirit guides us is through the inward witness. Number two is by the inward voice.
The inward man, who is a spirit man, has a voice—just as the outward man has a voice. We call this voice of the inward man conscience. We call this voice the still small voice. Your spirit has a voice. Your spirit will speak to you.

In September 1966 we moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma, from Garland, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. We had lived there 17 years. The move came about like this: My wife and I were in Tulsa on business. The ministry was growing and I had already figured out in my head what I would do with my office and home in Texas to accommodate the growth. But a friend with whom we were staying in Tulsa, said, "Brother Hagin, you ought to move to Tulsa. Brother T. L. Osborn's old office building is for sale. His business manager asked me to sell it for them." Then he quoted their price. It was extremely low. But I was not interested. Finally, he said, "Let's go look at it." I went along just to humor him.

The minute I stood inside that building a buzzer went off inside of me. (Sometimes that inward witness is so real it can almost sound like an inward "buzzer."wink I knew as well as I knew my name, this is it! But I didn't want to listen to it; I wanted to stay in Garland.
(That's why we don't hear a lot of times. We don't want to hear. We say we do, but we don't.)

Back at our friend's home, my wife asked me about the building.
"Oh, no. I've already got it all figured out. We'll stay where we are. We'll turn our whole home into an office. And we'll just stay in Garland."
We went to bed that night, but I couldn't sleep.
Ordinarily, I have no trouble sleeping. The Bible says, "... he giveth his beloved sleep" (Ps. 127:2). I am His beloved. So are you. "... he hath made us accepted in the beloved'' (Eph. 1:6). So I always claim the promise of God and say, "Lord, I'm Your beloved. So I take You at Your Word. I thank You for sleep." And I always go to sleep.
But this time, I couldn't. My conscience was hurting. My conscience is the voice of my spirit. My spirit knows I didn't listen to it.

Lying there quietly in the nighttime, I said, "Lord, if you want me to move to Tulsa, I will. In the natural, I don't want to move there, but I wouldn't want to stand in Your way."
Then on the inside of me I heard the still small voice.
Now I'm not talking about the Spirit of God speaking. When the Holy Spirit speaks it is more authoritative. The still small voice is the voice of our own spirit speaking. But our own spirit picks it up from the Holy Spirit who is in us.
That still small voice, that inward voice, not authoritative, just something on the inside of me said, "I am going to give you that building."
I laughed. I know there is a lot of unbelief about this, but I said, "Okay. When you do, I'll believe it."
That inward voice, picking up on what the Holy Spirit was saying, said, "You watch me."

Without going into all the details, it would surprise you how God gave us that building.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 8:42am On Nov 04, 2016
Chapter 12 - Effects of the Spirit's Indwelling
===============================================
And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. —Acts 23:1
It is interesting to go through the Epistles Paul wrote to the Church and see what he said about his conscience. You will notice that he always obeyed it.
Is your conscience a safe guide?
Yes, if your spirit has become a new man in Christ, it is because your conscience is the voice of your spirit.

2 CORINTHIANS 5:17 -Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

These things take place in man's spirit, in the inward man. He is first a new creature—a brand-new man in Christ. Second, old things have passed away—the nature of the devil in his spirit is gone. Third, ALL things have become new in his spirit—not in his body or in his mind— now he has the nature of God in his spirit.
Therefore, if your spirit is a new man with the life and nature of God in it, it is a safe guide.
A person who has not been born again could not follow the voice of his spirit. His spirit is unregenerate. His conscience would permit him to do anything.
When you have the life and nature of God in you, your conscience will not permit you to do just anything. And if you are born again, you have the life of God.
JOHN 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE.

ROMANS 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is

ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Someone said, "That just means we are going to live forever up in heaven."
No, it does not only mean that. Consider this scripture:

1 JOHN 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE....

Have is present tense. We have eternal life now. If you are a born-again Christian, you have the life of God in your spirit now. You have the nature of God in your spirit now.

Oh! If people would learn to follow their spirits! If they would learn to take advantage of the life that is in them!
I joined the church and was baptized early in life—but that didn't make me a Christian. My spirit was still unregenerate when I became totally bedfast with a heart condition at the age of 15. I was truly born again during the 16 months I was bedfast. Then in August 1934, as a Baptist boy reading Grandma's Methodist Bible, I was healed.
I went back to high school. I had missed one school year. Before I was born again, I just barely got by in some classes. Back then, if you made a "grin" it was failing. And if you failed one subject you stayed in that grade and took the whole thing over again. Two teachers in two subjects said to me, "We gave you two points or you would have had a 'D.'"
But after I was born again, I never made anything but a straight "A" report card. And I never took one book home to study.
Now I didn't know a thing about the baptism of the Holy Spirit then, but do you know what I did know? I knew I had the life of God in me!

As I walked down the street to school every morning, I had a conversation with the Lord. Unconsciously, I was being led by the Spirit; my heart told me to do it, and I listened to my heart instead of my head.
I said, "Now, Lord, I read in the Old Testament where Daniel and the three Hebrew children were in school in Babylon and You gave them favor with the dean of the school (Dan. 1:9). God, give me favor with every teacher. Thank You for it; I have it now. I also read, that when their three years of training were over, the three Hebrew children were ten times smarter than the rest (vv. 18-20). Lord, I have Your life in me. John 1:4 says, 'In him was life; and the life was the light of men.' Light stands for development. Impart to me knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom that I may be ten times better...."
Every day as I walked to school I would confess, "In Him was life and the life was the light of men. That life is in me. The life of God is in me. That life is the light—it is the development of me. It is developing my spirit. It is developing my mentality. I have God in me. I have God's wisdom in me. I have God's life in me. That life of God in my spirit dominates me. I purpose in my heart to walk in the light of life."

Now I do not mean that I just skipped by. In study hall periods at school I studied. I listened intently in class to everything that was said. But by receiving eternal life into my spirit, and getting my mind renewed with the Word, my mentality was increased from 30 to 60 percent.
The life of God will do that for anyone.
The most amazing miracle I have ever seen of eternal life affecting someone's mentality occurred in a girl I will call Mary. Her mentality was increased by at least 90 percent.

Mary started to school at seven and went seven years without getting out of the first grade. In those seven years she never learned to write her name. Finally, they asked her parents to take her out of school.
In the church I pastored, Mary was at that time 18 years old, although she behaved like a 2-year-old. She would get down and crawl around on the floor like a baby. If she happened not to be sitting with her mother, she would slide under the pews, or lift up her skirt and step over them to get to where her mother was. Her clothes were always a sight. Her hair was never combed.
Then one night during an evangelistic revival meeting, Mary came to the altar. There she received eternal life—the nature of God. A drastic change occurred instantly. The very next night she sat in the service and behaved like any other 18-year-old young lady. She had fixed her hair and dressed up. Her mentality seemed to have increased overnight.

Years later I was back in the city to help with a funeral. "What ever happened to Mary?" I asked the church secretary. She led me out on the front porch.
"See all those new houses going up out there."
I said, "Yes."
"That's an addition to the city. Mary is building that. She's a widow now. She handles all her own money. She is her own financier. She has three lovely children. They are on the front pew every Sunday. They are the best-dressed, and the most well-mannered children in church. As church secretary I can tell you that Mary's tithes and offerings are here every Sunday."
The life of God came into her!

I am convinced we have never completely learned what we have received. Most of us have thought that the Lord just forgave us, saying that we're the same old creature we always were. We'll just try to hold out faithful till the end. If we get enough people to pray for us, maybe we can make it.
No, thank God, the life of God has been imparted into our spirits! The nature of God is in our spirits. The Holy Spirit is living and abiding in our spirits.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Chapter 13 -Two: Experiences
================================
Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them ... when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized both men and women... Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
—Acts 8:5,12,14-17

Under the New Covenant every child of God has the Spirit of God. If you are born again, the Spirit of God is in your spirit.
We do need to differentiate between being born of the Spirit and being filled with the Spirit. The born-again Christian can be filled with the same Spirit that he already has in him. And when he is filled with that Spirit, there will be an overflowing. He will speak with other tongues as the Spirit gives him utterance (Acts 2:4).
Bible scholars know that water is a type of the Spirit of God. Jesus Himself used water as a type of the Spirit. He used it as a type of the new birth when talking to the woman at the well of Samaria.

JOHN 4:10,11,13,14
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Jesus also used water as a type of the Spirit in the infilling of the Holy Spirit:

JOHN 7:37-39
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
These are two different experiences. The new birth is a well of water in you, springing up into everlasting life. The infilling of the Holy Spirit is rivers—not just one river. The water in the well is for one purpose. The water in the well is for your own benefit. It blesses you. The water in the rivers is for another purpose. The rivers flowing out of you bless someone else.
Some people say, "If you are born of the Spirit, you have the Spirit, and that's all there is." But, no, just because you have had one drink of water is no sign you're full of water. There is the experience subsequent to the new birth of being filled with the Spirit—and as a result, out of the belly (the innermost being—the spirit) rivers of living water can flow.
Others say that people who are not filled with the Spirit speaking with other tongues do not have the Holy Spirit. That is not true. If I drink half a glass of water, I may not be full, but at least I have water in me. If one is born of the Spirit of God, he has the Spirit of God abiding in him.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by Originakalokalo(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2016
Oga, continue pls. How can I get the book? And his other books?
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
Originakalokalo:
Oga, continue pls. How can I get the book? And his other books?

Ok Sir

Other Books was posted on somewhere on nairaland I will keep you update as soon as found it
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
Chapter 14 God Inside
=====================
... for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. — 2 Corinthians 6:16

If you are born again, the Holy Spirit is living and abiding in your spirit.
He's living and abiding where? In your head? No. In your body? In a sense, yes, but not exactly in the way we might think. The only reason your body becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit is because your body is the temple of your own spirit. The Holy Spirit abides in your spirit. And He communicates with you through your spirit.
He does not communicate directly with your mind—He is not in your mind. He is in your spirit—He communicates with you through your spirit. Of course, your spirit does reach and influence your mentality.

Even as a newborn babe in Christ, still bedfast, I would know things by an inward witness. I knew nothing about being filled with the Holy Ghost and speaking with other tongues—but I was born of the Spirit. I had the witness of the Spirit right on the inside of me that I was a child of God.
I had been bedfast about four months when my mother came to my bed one day and said, "Son, I hate to bother you, but something is wrong with Dub."

Dub is my oldest brother. He was 17 at the time and he was gone. We didn't know exactly where he was.
She sensed something in her spirit. She thought maybe he had gotten into trouble and was in jail. She said, "I've been praying for him for three days, but I need some help."

I said, "Momma, I thought you already had enough problems with me being bedfast. I've known that myself about Dub for several days. He's not in jail, though. It's not that kind of trouble. His physical life is in danger. But I've already prayed, and he will make it. His life will be spared. I've already got the answer."
I didn't know how to get the answer on healing right then—it was a year later before I was healed. But I knew some things, praise God, and God will meet you as far as your faith goes.

Three days later, Dub came home in the nighttime. You see, it was 1933 and there was no work. Men were out on the streets with no jobs in those great Depression Days. Dub had gone down to the Rio Grande Valley to look for work. He didn't find any. So he decided to hop a freight train—lots of people were riding the rails in those days— from the back side of the Valley right on through to McKinney.

About 50 miles south of Dallas a railway detective knocked him in the head and threw him off that train while it was going 50 or 60 miles an hour. He went sailing down the track. They burned coal in those days and they would put the cinders along the track. He hit those cinders and went scooting on his back. It's a wonder it hadn't broken his back. It would have if we hadn't known about it by the inward witness and prayed.
He lay out in the ditch, and then came to after a while. His shirt was completely torn off, and the seat of his britches was torn out, so he could only travel at night. In the daytime he hid out in the trees in the field—it was the time of year he could find fruit—and during the nighttime he walked up the rail toward McKinney. It was night when he got home. Momma put him to bed and he was all right in a few days.

Momma and I were not Spirit-filled Christians—but we were Christians. And we had a witness in our spirits that something was wrong—an inward intuition. This is something every Christian ought to have. It is something every Christian should develop. We should develop our spirits.
In less than ten years' time a Full Gospel minister friend of mine was in three serious automobile accidents. people were killed. His wife was almost killed. He was seriously injured. Cars were demolished. But they were both healed by the mercy of God.

He heard me teach along some of these lines and he said to me, "Brother Hagin, every one of those accidents could have been avoided if I had listened to that inward intuition."
Yet in similar instances people will say, "I don't know why that happened to such a good Christian. He's a preacher." (Preachers have to learn to listen to their spirits just like you have to learn to listen to your spirit.) Then they lay it off on God and say that God did it.

This preacher said to me, "If I had listened to that inward something—I just had an intuition that something was about to happen—I would have waited a little bit and prayed. Instead I thought, I'm busy. I don't have time to pray."
Many times, if we would have waited, God would have shown us. We could have avoided many things. But let's not moan and groan about past failures. Let's just take advantage of what is ours and see to it that it doesn't happen again. We can do nothing about what is past anyhow. Let's begin to develop our spirits, and learn to listen to them.
The Holy Spirit is abiding in your spirit. It is your spirit that picks up these things from the Holy Spirit and then passes them on to your mind by an inward intuition, or inward witness.

Jesus said, "... If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him " (John 14:23). In this passage of scripture, Jesus is talking about the Holy Spirit's coming. Jesus and the Father in the Person of the Holy Spirit come to abide in us. An abode is the place where one lives. Another translation says, "We will come unto him, and make our home with him."

The Holy Spirit, through the Apostle Paul said, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (1 Cor. 3:16). Another translation says, "The Spirit of God is at home in you." That's where He lives—in you!
The Bible says, "... for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God and they shall be my people" (2 Cor. 6:16).

Put those three scriptures together:
JOHN 14:23; 1 CORINTHIANS 3:16; 2 CORINTHIANS 6:16
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him... Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? ... for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
We have never yet plumbed the depth of what God is really saying: "I will dwell in them. I will live in them. I will walk in them." If God is dwelling in us—and He is— then that is where He will speak to us.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
Chapter 15 Depend on Your Spirit
===========================
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. — Mark 11:23,24

Your spirit knows things that your head does not know, because the Holy Spirit is in your spirit.
When medical science gave me up to die as a teenager and said they could do nothing further for me, I knew somehow that if there was help for me anywhere it would be in the Bible.
I started with the New Testament because I knew I didn't have much time. Eventually I came to Mark 11:23 and 24.
When I came to Mark 11:24, something from outside me somewhere said to my mind, That doesn't mean what things soever ye desire physically, or materially, or financially. That just means whatsoever things ye desire spiritually. Healing has been done away with.
I tried to get my pastor to come and tell me what Mark 11:24 did mean. He did not come. One preacher finally did come. He patted my hand, put on a professional voice and said, "Just be patient my boy. In a few more days it will all be over."
I accepted the verdict and lay there expecting to die. It was two months before I got back into the Bible and back to Mark 11:23 and 24.

I said, "Lord, I tried to get someone to help me and I couldn't. So I am going to tell You what I am going to do. I am just going to take You at Your Word. When You were here on earth, You said it. I am going to believe it. If You didn't lie about it, I am coming off this bed, because I can believe what You said I can believe."
Then I hit on this idea. (It took me a long time because I had limited use of my hands. They propped the Bible in front of me and I just sort of "scooted" the pages.) I decided to run my reference on faith and healing. I came to James 5:14 and 15.

JAMES 5:14,15
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

I thought all the rest of the healing scriptures and prayer promises hinged on that—I thought you HAD to call for the elders of the church. (You don't have to—you just can if you need to.) So I began to cry, "Dear Lord, if I have to call for the elders of the church to anoint me with oil to be healed, then I can't be healed. I don't know any elders of the church that believe in that."
I had been saved about six months, and I had never heard an inward voice. I am not talking about the voice of the Spirit of God—that is more authoritative—I am talking about that still small voice of my spirit.
My spirit said to me, "Did you notice that verse said that the prayer of faith shall save the sick?"

I had to look again. I'd had my mind on the elders and had missed that. "Yes," I said aloud, "that is what it says!" It came as a real shock to me.
Then on the inside of me these words were spoken, "You can pray that prayer as well as anyone can." Hallelujah!
But my spiritual education was slow—just like yours. I stayed in that bed nine more months before I finally saw that I had to believe I received my healing before it would be manifested.
It was while I was praying and saying, "I believe that I receive my healing," that I saw what I must do. I said, "I believe that I receive healing from the top of my head to the soles of my feet." Then I began to praise God because I believed that I received my healing.

Again, on the inside of me, I heard these words—this was not that authoritative voice, but just a still small voice, so faint I would not have heard it if my mind and body had been very active—"Now you believe that you are well."
I said, "I sure do."
That inward voice said, "Get up then. Well people ought to be up at 10:30 in the morning."
I had been paralyzed. It was a struggle. I pushed myself. Finally, I got up to where I was draped over the bedpost. My knees sagged down not far from the floor. I had no feeling from my waist down. But draped over that bedpost I said it again, "I want to announce in the Presence of Almighty God, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the holy angels present in this room, and I want to call the devil to record and all evil spirits that may be present in this room, that according to Mark 11:24, I believe that I receive my healing."

When I said that, physically, I felt something. It felt like someone above me was pouring a pitcher of honey on me. I felt it strike me on the top of my head. It seemed to pile up like honey would, and then it began to ooze down over me. It had a warm glow to it. It spread down over my head, down my neck and shoulders, down my arms and out the ends of my fingers, and down my body and out the ends of my toes.

All of a sudden I was standing straight! I have been straight ever since.
But I want you to see this. I listened to my spirit. Faith is of the spirit. Your faith will not work to its fullest until you learn some of these things. Learn to depend on Him— the One who is in you. Learn to develop your own spirit. Have faith in the fact that your faith in God works.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
Am Back Again, Let Continue learning
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Chapter 16 - Tenderhearted
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. —1 John 3:20,21

Does the Holy Spirit condemn you if you do wrong as a Christian?
No. It is your spirit that condemns you.
You need to learn that. It's a hard lesson to learn, however, because we have been taught incorrectly.
The Holy Spirit will not condemn you. Why? Because God won't. Study what the Holy Spirit through Paul wrote in the Epistle to the Romans. He asked: Who is it that condemns? Does God condemn? No, it is God that justifies.
Jesus said that the only sin the Holy Spirit will convict the world of is the sin of rejecting Jesus (John 16:7-9).
It is your own conscience—the voice of your own spirit —that knows when you have done wrong.
I have found that even when I do wrong, though my spirit condemns me, the Holy Spirit is there to comfort me, to help me, to show me the way back. You will never read in the Bible where the Holy Spirit is a condemner. Jesus called Him the Comforter. The seven-fold meaning of that word from the Greek is brought out in The Amplified Bible:
JOHN 14:16 Amplified
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener and Standby) that He may remain with you forever.

The Holy Spirit is all of those! He will stand by you when no one else will. He will help you. He is a Helper!
It is your own spirit that knows the moment you have done wrong. I am glad I learned that early. It has paid off richly for me in life.
I was barely saved and healed and back in high school when the following incident occurred: I really don't know why it slipped out—no one in our family used profanity. But we had a neighbor, bless his heart, who could—as we say in Texas—"cuss up a storm." You could hear him all over our end of town. I suppose I picked it up from him. Anyway, I simply said to one of the boys, "Hell, no ... (something or other)."

The minute I said that I knew on the inside it was wrong. What was it that condemned me? the Holy Spirit? No. It was my spirit. My spirit, this new creature, this new man doesn't talk that way. The Life and Nature of God doesn't talk that way. Now the flesh, the outward man, may want to go on doing some things that he did before, and talking in ways he talked before, but you have to crucify the flesh. A good way to crucify the flesh—the outward man—is to bring your mistakes right out in the open.
I did that right then. I didn't wait until I was moved. In my heart I said, "Dear God, forgive me for saying that." The young man I said it to had walked away. I located him and asked him to forgive me. He hadn't noticed what I'd said; he was used to people talking that way. But I had to get it right.
It was the voice of my spirit. It was my conscience. My conscience was tender, and I didn't want to violate it. Unless you keep a tender conscience, spiritual things will be indistinct to you. That's because your conscience is the voice of your spirit and it is your conscience—the voice of your spirit—that will relate to your mind what the Spirit of God is saying to you down in your heart.

The Bible speaks about Christians even having their conscience seared:
1 TIMOTHY 4:2 - Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

The first church I pastored was a community church out in the country. I usually went out Saturday night, spent Saturday and Sunday nights, and came back into town on Monday. I stayed quite often in the home of a dear Methodist man. This fine spiritual man, a great man really, was 89 years old. He and I didn't get up as early as the others did on his farm. They would be out doing chores or be out working in the field when this older gentleman and I had breakfast together about 8 o'clock.

I didn't drink coffee, but this old gentleman did. Now you could scarcely believe it unless you saw it, but he had one of those old-fashioned coffee pots—this was the mid-30's—sitting on an old-fashioned wood stove with coffee boiling in it. I have seen him take that boiling coffee, pour it into a big thick mug—and when it was still so hot it simmered in that mug—turn it up to his mouth, and drink the whole cup.

The first time I saw him do it, I hollered. I felt like my mouth and throat were burning.
How could he do that? I couldn't. The tissues of my lips, the inside of my mouth, my throat and esophagus are so tender, just one teaspoonful would have burned all the way down. But he drank a whole mug without taking it away from his mouth.

He couldn't do that to begin with though. Through years of drinking coffee that hot, his lips and mouth, and throat and esophagus became seared. Eventually, he could drink it that hot, and it didn't bother him. Spiritually, the same thing can happen.

Learn to keep a tender conscience. Learn the minute you miss it and your conscience condemns you, to correct it right then. Don't wait until you go to church. Immediately say, "Lord, forgive me. I missed it." If you have to, if someone else saw or heard you, tell that person right away, "I did wrong. Please forgive me. I shouldn't have said that."

You will have to keep your spirit tender if you are going to be led by the Spirit.
Re: How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God - K. E. Hagin [UPDATED -Now in Chap 20] by GoodMuyis(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
Chapter 17 - Feelings: The Voice of the Body
===========================================
The Spirit itself [Himself] beareth witness with our spirit.... —Romans 8:16

Too often people think that the witness this verse is talking about is a physical something. It is not. It is a spiritual something. It is the Spirit of God bearing witness with our spirits. He does not bear witness with our bodies. You cannot go by physical feeling.
We confuse things by the way we talk. We say, "I feel God's Presence." No, we don't. We sense His Presence spiritually. Use the word feeling advisedly; it leaves the wrong impression that it is a physical feeling. Don't mix the physical with it.
Feeling is the voice of the body.
Reason is the voice of the soul, or the mind.
Conscience is the voice of the spirit.
To go by feeling is to get into trouble. That is the reason so many Christians are up and down (I call them yo¬yo Christians), and in and out. They go by their feelings. They don't walk by faith. They don't walk by their spirits.

When they feel good, they say, "Glory to God, I'm saved. Hallelujah, I'm filled with the Spirit. Everything is fine." When they feel bad, their faces are long and they say, "I've lost it all. I don't feel like I did, so I must be backslidden."
I hear people, bless their hearts, talking about being in the valley, then being on the mountaintop, then getting back down in the valley again. I have never been in the valley. I have been saved more than fifty years and I have never been anywhere but on the mountaintop. You do not have to get down in the valley.

People talk about "valley experiences." I have never had any valley experiences. Oh, yes, there have been tests and trials, but I was on the mountaintop all the time, shouting my way through—living above the tests and the trials!
A woman we had pastored in years gone by came to a meeting where we were and told us about her 39-year-old daughter. They were about to operate on her when they discovered she had a tumor. Then they also found through hospital tests that she was a diabetic. They were trying to get the diabetic condition under control when she went into a coma. Three doctors said she would never regain consciousness; she would die.

This mother said, "Will you lay your hands on this handkerchief?" I did, and we prayed. Then that mother got on a bus and rode 300 miles back to the hospital where her daughter lay unconscious. She reached under the oxygen tent and laid the handkerchief on her daughter's chest. The minute it touched her, she revived. She was healed, born again, filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in tongues, all in one application.
The nurses got excited and called the doctor. The doctor said, "This is wonderful that she has regained consciousness. But she must remain quiet." He gave her a shot to quieten her down—but it never did take effect. She just kept on speaking in tongues and shouting, "I'm healed. I'm healed. I'm healed."
The next day they began to run tests. Her blood was perfect. She no longer had diabetes. Then they couldn't find the tumor. It had disappeared. After several days they dismissed her.

This woman told my wife and me sometime later that the doctor said, "We won't charge you anything. We didn't do anything. A Higher Power than us did it."
Now, three years later, when she was 42 years old, her sister brought her to our door at 2 o'clock one morning. She had another tumor.
I thought she had come to be healed. So I said, "You can be healed again. We will just lay hands on you."

She said, with tears, "Brother Hagin, I don't really care whether I get healed or not. Really, if I could just get back to where I was with God I would just as soon die and go on to Heaven."
When she said this, I assumed she must have backslidden. She looked so sad, I just knew she must have committed some terrible sin. So I said, "The Lord will forgive you ..." And I went through what the Bible says about that. Then I said, "We'll all just kneel down here by the couch. (My wife and the woman's sister were there too.) I will kneel beside you. Now you don't have to confess to me, but tell the Lord about it and He will forgive you."
She looked up at me and said, "Brother Hagin, I've searched my heart, and as far as I know, I haven't done anything wrong."

I got aggravated. I'd gotten to bed late—I was driving a distance and holding meetings every night. And just right in the middle of good sound sleep, early in the morning, came this knocking at the door that woke us. I guess I did speak sharply to her; I know I did.
I said, "Get up from the floor. Sit down there on that couch." I was disgusted. "If you haven't done anything wrong, what in the world makes you think you have to get back to God?"
"Well," she said, "I don't feel like I used to."
I said, "What has that got to do with it? If I were going by feeling, half the time when I get up to preach I would announce that I must be backslidden."
She looked at me. "Do you mean preachers are that way too?"
I said, "Yes, we're just as human as anyone else. In fact, if I were going by feelings right now, I would be having you pray for me. I don't feel a thing. I haven't felt a thing since you got here."
She said, "What do you do then? How do you pray through?"
I said, "I don't pray through. I'm already through. A Christian ought to walk through—he ought to be through— living in fellowship with God, every day, every minute, every hour."
She said, "What do you do then?"
"Well," I said, "just sit there and watch me. I'm going to close my eyes and pray, but you keep your eyes open."

Then I prayed, "Dear Lord, I'm so glad that I'm a child of God. I'm so glad I'm saved. I'm so glad I have been born again. I don't feel anything—but that has nothing to do with it. My inward man is a new man. My inward man is a new creature in Christ. I want to thank You that not only am I born again—but I am filled with the Holy Spirit. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit reside in me. I want to thank You for that. Hallelujah!"
I didn't feel anything, but I said it anyhow. Then, when I confessed that, in my spirit (He was in there all the time) something began to bubble up inside of me. It was a move and manifestation of the Spirit of God. I still did not feel anything, but in my spirit I could sense that bubbling. It got up in my throat. I began to laugh—there is a laugh in the Spirit. I began to speak in tongues.
This lady said, "The expression on your face changed. Your face just lit up."
I said, "That was in there all the time. Paul told Timothy to stir up the gift that was in him. I just stirred up what I had in me all the time."
She said, "Can I do that?"
I said, "Yes, you can."
She did—she stirred up what was in her all the time.
I do not remember even praying about the tumor. The last account I had of her, it had disappeared.
Base your faith on the Word—not on your feelings.

Romans 8:16 does not say that the Spirit beareth witness with our bodies, or with our feelings.
Smith Wigglesworth, the great English apostle of faith, said, "I am not moved by what I feel. I am not moved by what I see. I am moved only by what I believe. I cannot understand God by feelings. I understand God by what the Word says about Him. I understand the Lord Jesus Christ by what the Word says about Him. He is everything the Word says He is."

You cannot understand yourself by feelings. Understand yourself as a born-again, Spirit-filled Christian by what the Word of God says about you. And when you read what the Word says about you—then, whether you feel like it or not, say, "Yes, that's me. I have that. The Word says I have that. I can do what the Word says I can do. I am what the Word says I am."
You will begin to develop spiritually then.
And it is with your spirit that the Holy Spirit bears witness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth Doesnt Change Regardless Of How Many People Might Deny It. / Regrets / Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 264
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.