Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? (752 Views)

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / 5 Likely Causes For An Overheating Car Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? by TRYGO(m): 11:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
In our precious talk about overheating, I did point out that overheating isn't only caused by a failed radiator fan; clogged radiator system; weak impeller water pump, or even a stuck closed thermostat.
Today, would share an experience I for, while working on an Xterra Nissan V6, 2007 Jeep.
We've checked all of the above, and even replaced a new radiator system, but the engine was just overheating.

WHAT I DID
1. Drained all the water from the cooling system, via the radiator drain bolt, and the bolt behind the engine block. This would ensure that there wasn't any water in the engine, and cooling system.
2. Introduced Nos2 ABRO radiator coolants in to the system via the radiator. Its important you know the capacity of your radiator system, before purchasing such coolants.
Coolants are helpful in protecting rusts, and absorbing most if the excessive temperatures ordinary couldn't. This is because the thermal capacity of ordinary eater is limited in some extreme temperatures.

****the surprise. I had just decided to inspect the overflow tank, and check out the level of coolant in there. We decided to remove the overflow tank, and guess what we saw! Rust!!!. Finally figured out where the rusty solution that contaminates the radiator system comes from.
The reservoir was washed with water and soap, and a new radiator coolant introduced***.

3. Bled the cooling system of air, by jerking the front ends up, and allowing the engine to run for awhile.
The presence if air bubbles in such a system, would reduce the cooling effect if the engine, and would also cause an overheating engine.
It's very important air bubbles are removed from the system.
4. Another thing noticed was that the radiator cap had some deformities on the internal tubing. See the figures below. When those internal tubing is bad, its allows the escape of vapor, during extreme temperatures. That's why when you take a look at the edges of your radiator cover sometimes, you see the signs of corrosion on it. That depicts that the radiator cover can't hold the necessary pressure required during temperature rises. Its advisable to replace such covers, to minimise the risks of engine failure.

PS: That coolant was purchase for N1800/1L. Price variations at different locations though.

Regards,
TRYGO

Re: That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2016
cc gazzuzz n diportivo
Re: That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? by TRYGO(m): 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hehehe! That's a memo o!
Re: That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 30, 2016
TRYGO:
Hehehe! That's a memo o!
r you a Nissan mechanic?
Re: That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? by TRYGO(m): 6:07am On Oct 30, 2016
@ngcobop. Hehehe! Oga. I'm in to general car repairs. I fix cars, including Toyota hybrids. But emmmmmm, you know na, I don't work on Benz. You might say, "jack of all trade". But what aids me in most of the jobs I do, is have got computer softwares, scanners, and even technical information that makes my jobs, much easier. I always like researching.
Hope I have answered you?
Thanks for the ?s.
Re: That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2016
TRYGO:
@ngcobop. Hehehe! Oga. I'm in to general car repairs. I fix cars, including Toyota hybrids. But emmmmmm, you know na, I don't work on Benz. You might say, "jack of all trade". But what aids me in most of the jobs I do, is have got computer softwares, scanners, and even technical information that makes my jobs, much easier. I always like researching.
Hope I have answered you?
Thanks for the ?s.
hi so your liver fails when Benz is involved... but you do Nissan hence you are needed for the 2004 MY Quest..
Re: That Overheating Stuff Again!!!?? by TRYGO(m): 7:44am On Oct 30, 2016
@ngcobop. Yeah, it fails when it comes to Benz, and BMW. I've got a o tell you the truth here. I can't say cos "I want money", then go put hand where my competencies is in question.
For the quest you talked about, could you please explain what the problem is with the car? You could e-mail me, if you want.

oigonojoseph@yahoo.com

Later na, Oga.

(1) (Reply)

Land Of Talents : See Car Manufactured Somewhere In Nigeria. / Car And Engine Vibrating. / Ford Windstar Vs Toyota Sienna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.