Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life (907 Views)

Should Christians Pray For Some Enemies to Die? / Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by mrvitalis(m): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2016
U are in this world to get tested and when u pass u will be going to a better place... Why pray to remain in this test ground for long... Ur prayer should be let me finish my test n go as quickly as possible
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by richidinho(m): 7:39am On Oct 30, 2016
mrvitalis:
U are in this world to get tested and when u pass u will be going to a better place... Why pray to remain in this test ground for long... Ur prayer should be let me finish my test n go as quickly as possible

You muslims shld leave our thread for us ooooo

You guys lock up yours from non muslims but will come here to masturbate, is that not hypocritical?
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by mrvitalis(m): 7:42am On Oct 30, 2016
richidinho:

You muslims shld leave our thread for us ooooo

You guys lock up yours from non muslims but will come here to masturbate, is that not hypocritical?
Me a Muslim?? Thats the must stupid religion
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by honourhim: 7:46am On Oct 30, 2016
mrvitalis:

We pray for long life because you have your children to train, you have other members of your family to train, you have other people to impact in their lives. You are contributing to the growth of the society. If i die will you train my children? How many fatherless children have you trained now to start with?
Stop reasoning like a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 30, 2016
honourhim:

Because you have your children to train, you have other members of your family to train, you have other people to impact in their lives. You are contributing to the growth of the society. If i die will you train my children? How many fatherless children have you trained now to start with?

Really infantile reasoning. So I should die now and abandon my responsibility to my family and friends and those who are in need in the society.

If Adenuga had died would there have been Glo which gives jobs to many.

I run a Property firm and have a little over 30 staff and 26 of my staff are married some with kids and some without but they all have dependants. If I had died fast perhaps they would not have a job like this and they and their dependants would be in trouble.

God please keep me alive for much longer so I can be an even greater blessing to my generation and I can leave a legacy for my Children and my Generation so my dreams and desires will not die with me...In Jesus name....Amen.

Op since you have no reason to be alive as well why not take a gun or a knife or a rope and cop out fast so that those with purpose can remain and be a blessing to more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by ruffp: 7:54am On Oct 30, 2016
honourhim:

We pray for long life because you have your children to train, you have other members of your family to train, you have other people to impact in their lives. You are contributing to the growth of the society. If i die will you train my children? How many fatherless children have you trained now to start with?

But as a Christian, shouldn't u beliv God wil cater for them?
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2016
ruffp:

God uses people to do His will same way He is using a father to cater for the needs of a child or a neighbour or an entire generation.

So God should come down himself to pay school fees and cook and feed?

The ability to do these things have been given to us as people since God gave us dominion of this earth. I hope you have a clearer picture now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by eph12(m): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2016
ruffp:

As a christian is it God's wish for Christians to wish to die early?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by ruffp: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2016
eph12:

As a christian is it God's wish for Christians to wish to die early?

@what age did Jesus die? Was he worried about his mum & dad? Recall his comment when his parents stated they had been looking for him when he was teachin the elders. The point is, if u do bliv in the words u claim to hold in high esteem u will care less abt those worldly worries. Ur target wil , heaven n going as soon as possible too.
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by honourhim: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2016
ruffp:

The bible said that he who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel so you can see that providing for our family is our responsibility.
Moreover Jesus did not ask us to pray to die. We have a purpose of being here and we want to fulfill it. What we pray for is to make heaven at last. We have eternity to spend with Jesus so what"s the need rushing to die early in this very short life without fulfilling our purpose ?
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by honourhim: 9:18am On Oct 30, 2016
ruffp:

@what age did Jesus die? Was he worried about his mum & dad? Recall his comment when his parents stated they had been looking for him when he was teachin the elders. The point is, if u do bliv in the words u claim to hold in high esteem u will care less abt those worldly worries. Ur target wil , heaven n going as soon as possible too.

Is there any place that Jesus said we should pray to die early? And why didnt Jesus instruct his disciples to die when he died?
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by eph12(m): 9:28am On Oct 30, 2016
ruffp:

Who is supposed to worry over the other? The parent or child?
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by honourhim: 9:29am On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Really infantile reasoning. So I should die now and abandon my responsibility to my family and friends and those who are in need in the society.

If Adenuga had died would there have been Glo which gives jobs to many.

I run a Property firm and have a little over 30 staff and 26 of my staff are married some with kids and some without but they all have dependants. If I had died fast perhaps they would not have a job like this and they and their dependants would be in trouble.

God please keep me alive for much longer so I can be an even greater blessing to my generation and I can leave a legacy for my Children and my Generation so my dreams and desires will not die with me...In Jesus name....Amen.

Op since you have no reason to be alive as well why not take a gun or a knife or a rope and cop out fast so that those with purpose can remain and be a blessing to more.

Thanks my dear. Their foolishness keeps enlarging day by day.
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by ruffp: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2016
honourhim:

Is there any place that Jesus said we should pray to die early? And why didnt Jesus instruct his disciples to die when he died?

u misunderstand the point. Nobody have asked u to pray for death. the issue here is that christians view death as a bad thing. They believe christians should never die early, that death(physical) is a result of sin. And one's death when he has a young family is an abomination.

my point however is, if a christian claims to hold God's word in truth, he/she should be lest concerned about when or how death comes knocking. instead he/she should be more interested in how many lives he led to God with that eagerness to ultimately leave this world in order to b with God.

Worldly things like what my children will eat and who will pay their school fees should be the last thing on a christian's mind.

who feeds or clothes the birds in the air afterall.....
Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2016
ruffp:

The purpose of Jesus being born was for Him to die for the sins of the world and His purpose and mine are different. My purpose is to live in the Authority and Power of His death and Resurrection as more than a conqueror preach His gospel to all nations and if per chance while in the cause of doing this I am killed then He can fill the gaps I have left in His own way but I do not wake up everyday wishing or praying to die that day as that is not my purpose.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Pray For Long Life by honourhim: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

The purpose of Jesus being born was for Him to die for the sins of the world and His purpose and mine are different. My purpose is to live in the Authority and Power of His death and Resurrection as more than a conqueror preach His gospel to all nations and if per chance while in the cause of doing this I am killed then He can fill the gaps I have left in His own way but I do not wake up everyday wishing or praying to die that day as that is not my purpose.

Exactly. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

The Islamic Seal On Nigeria / Bible Scholars That Preach Repentance Here, This Is For You. / Catholic Priests Now Free To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.