Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977549 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 4:15am On Dec 10, 2016
Hustle for PTA is real. Hubby had to display at union bank before he got 3500 (forgot to ask him the rate)....that's is after combing all the union bank at Ikeja , he ended up on the island.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 10, 2016
placebo:
Hello Nairalanders,

All this Visa talk is beginning to scare me. Before I read about the B2 class visa here, I was advised by friends who had gone through the process to reapply for the B1/B2 visa for vacation purpose and send a change of intent letter just before I travel. (Mind you, this was before I saw all the threads on applying for the right visa i.e. B2). Now my dropbox application is under review and I am worried that I shouldnt have listened to them but applied for the B2 visa. At this point of this reccession, I cannot afford to go on a vacation, comeback then go for childbirth. Please House, is there anything I can do?
Please which one is b2 again. I applied for b1/b2 and I put my Hosp and doc as contacts.please isit supposed to be just b2 or b1/b2.on d website medicals also fall on b1/b2, I tnk

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 4:32am On Dec 10, 2016
MamaP003:
Na wa. It is well o. I just called the hospital and they pulled up my details on their system and confirmed I don't owe them. I asked for a covering letter saying I'm not indebted to them. The lady I spoke with said she will send me two documents(which is what they have sent previously to people who called with this issue) but can only send by mail to the address on my account as the system does not allow to send emails. I pray one is the letter I need.

Doctoresparati rep on nairaland, please check your email and respond to my request. I will appreciate your help in getting the cover letter from Del Sol. Thank you.

An email was sent to yourself and Del Sol with the information you provided regarding your situation. You should receive a answer by Monday.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by coolcathy(f): 5:12am On Dec 10, 2016
TOKNOW:
To the glory of God, my LO arrived on the 1st of Dec. @ HNWMC . I used Dr. Xydas. My baby had Jaundice and was put under phototherapy for a day. Am still waiting for the bill, just praying it won't be so much.

Congrats dear,
I'm using the same doctor ,
Sent u Pm

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 6:12am On Dec 10, 2016
Orestik:
Hello everyone,

I just started following this post. I have similar issue as @MamaP003 but the difference is that I am yet to travel. I got a visa earlier in August for relaxation purpose with my husband. A month after the interview, I found out I was pregnant so we canceled cos I couldnt travel with my plenty morning sickness and nausea. My husband traveled last month for a training and now the plan is I join him later this month before I start showing and stay in the US till I give birth. Do I need to write a change of intent letter? plus I havent even gotten a hospital or OB. I planned on doing all that search when I get there, until I discovered this topic yesterday. Pls educate me, what do I do? I booked my flight already for end of the month.
Ma
If you read this page and the one before it, you will see that, that letter u mentioned is now as worthless as 50 kobo in Nigerian currency.
This kind of story u told (true or false, I don't know) is the kind of story CBPs and VOs get from Nigerians ALL the time so nobody believes it again.
Your options of what to do are limited cos u didn't declare at the interview (trust me, cbp no go chop your story of I discovered after...)
My advice is:
Read this thread VERY well.
Prepare your documents, appointments and proof of payment before you go.
If u compare the tone of poe transcripts now and before, cbps aren't smiling again. This your plan to 'sneak' in before you start showing won't cut it. I dunno if those body scanners can show pregnancy. But think about it, u can be stamped in for 2 weeks with evil annotations or sent back if you don't declare birthing as your trip purpose

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 6:40am On Dec 10, 2016
Orestik:
Hello everyone,

I just started following this post. I have similar issue as @MamaP003 but the difference is that I am yet to travel. I got a visa earlier in August for relaxation purpose with my husband. A month after the interview, I found out I was pregnant so we canceled cos I couldnt travel with my plenty morning sickness and nausea..

At this stage i think the best option is to use the visa for the purpose it was given,but if that's not possible,then I think there is not much you can do again apart from start preparing seriously as in, (forget all that talk of trying to sneak in and looking for doctor and hospital when you get there,it won't work)
start by writing the change of intent letter,get Dr & hospital correspondence,hold plenty Dollar when going and be prepared to convince the CBP that you can pay your bills and pray for the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 7:26am On Dec 10, 2016
Posh404:
Hustle for PTA is real. Hubby had to display at union bank before he got 3500 (forgot to ask him the rate)....that's is after combing all the union bank at Ikeja , he ended up on the island.
When are you travelling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 7:57am On Dec 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ma
If you read this page and the one before it, you will see that, that letter u mentioned is now as worthless as 50 kobo in Nigerian currency.
This kind of story u told (true or false, I don't know) is the kind of story CBPs and VOs get from Nigerians ALL the time so nobody believes it again.
Your options of what to do are limited cos u didn't declare at the interview (trust me, cbp no go chop your story of I discovered after...)
My advice is:
Read this thread VERY well.
Prepare your documents, appointments and proof of payment before you go.
If u compare the tone of poe transcripts now and before, cbps aren't smiling again. This your plan to 'sneak' in before you start showing won't cut it. I dunno if those body scanners can show pregnancy. But think about it, u can be stamped in for 2 weeks with evil annotations or sent back if you don't declare birthing as your trip purpose

Hmmmnnn thank you, I'm just at a fix right now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:12am On Dec 10, 2016
@slizylindy Your husband should be your sponsor then ie if you think what you have won't fly.

Topboyz5:

Never ever try it.. It must be personal documents
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:28am On Dec 10, 2016
@placebo B1 is for tourism and business while B2 is for Medical
That is why they usually give B1/B2.
It is at POE that what ever you are there for will be written on your Passport

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaP003: 8:41am On Dec 10, 2016
Thank you so much.

Seen the mail. I await feedback.

Please can anyone send me their own letter of indebtedness they got from their hospital so I can see and compare or even send the wordings to Del Sol to use for mine. Please. Thank you

Vlesparza:

An email was sent to yourself and Del Sol with the information you provided regarding your situation. You should receive a answer by Monday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by herrik066: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2016
This is not correct o. No STPC on a promo ticket. For those taking advantage of the discount fares with Qatar, be aware that u ain't getting no accommodation even with the break neck long over.

Beehandz:

You can get STPC on Qatar if your stop over is more than 8hours in Doha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2016
Topboyz5:

Never ever try it.. It must be personal documents

Morning house. About the matter of appling with company document or not. I just think the bottom line is the VO''s choice to issue or not. We applied as a family DH myself and our son. We are both directors in the company and I work as well ( not for the company). We presented the bank statement of the company .DH had mentioned on his Ds-160 form that he was the sponsor blah blah blah. I didn't know about nairaland until after our interview.
At the interview I was looking so pregnant but I had nothing to hide cos that was one of the reasons for appling in the first place.

Vo:morning passports please
We: morning and handled them over
Vo: what's ur relationship
Dh: we r a family
Me: husband wife and child (@ this point I just shut my mouth before I say rubbish, I was a bit nervous cos they were just bouncing people left right center)
Vo: what's the purpose of this trip and where r u going to
Dh: vacation and there after child birth. First Marland and then Houston
Vo:what do u do
Dh:bleep
Vo:yes.....what do u do (still speaking with dh)
Dh: blah blah blah blah and blah
Me:yada yada yada (
At this point ge had asked for a Dr's correspondence and and how we intend to fund it so I brought out company's bank statement and budget sheet and my son was also insisting on wanting to hand over a document to him....which he allowed )
Vo: typing. . . ....ur visas have been approved. I know u know this already but please do not accept any medic aid and ensure u get all ur receipts before u return. Have a safe trip
Me: you too. Thank you ( I guess my nerves had d better of me that day.)

I'm not say it's cast in stone that if u use ur company it will be approved but we did and it worked for us. All the best.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by herrik066: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2016
When was this? Cos the "Make America Great Again" syndrome is in the air.

Swisstk:

Morning house. About the matter of appling with company document or not. I just think the bottom line is the VO''s choice to issue or not. We applied as a family DH myself and our son. We are both directors in the company and I work as well ( not for the company). We presented the bank statement of the company .DH had mentioned on his Ds-160 form that he was the sponsor blah blah blah. I didn't know about nairaland until after our interview.
At the interview I was looking so pregnant but I had nothing to hide cos that was one of the reasons for appling in the first place.

Me: husband wife and child (@ this point I just shut my mouth before I say rubbish, I was a bit nervous cos they were just bouncing people left right center)
At this point ge had asked for a Dr's

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 9:36am On Dec 10, 2016
It was on the 7th of Nov
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fizzy16: 9:55am On Dec 10, 2016
congrats dear,this is indeed a great news. pls i will appreciate if you can give me the doctors contact.let me contact him immediately. my email is grat4ever@yahoo.com .you are indeed a blessing.
Ulio:
Mission accomplished!

Used henrico doctors hosp virginia. DR W.F
..mild pain started early hrs of 5th, by the time I got to d hospital as I was 2hrs away, I was 4cm dilated, baby arrived 11.6.16. (Vaginal birth no epidural - d pain no b here, I wnt try that next time) note that each time I look at my son d pain fades the more..

Was discharged after 2days
Dr 850, hosp 2078, paedtrician 1228, healthy baby 264 . hearing test cancelled

Gt birth certificate after 2weeks
Nig passport 240 expedited at d embassy n got it next day.
US passport 165 expedited n gt it next day at Washington passport agency.

Infant ticket with BA $349. De insisted baby's ticket is 1 way saying that's d remaining part of d trip as baby mst be attached to an adult else I purchase another ticket for myself returning to US. Payed at d airport on departure.

On board bassinet was provided, air hostess were of great help as I was alone from Washington to London. As usual entertainment was great.

Landed Abj 6th aftr the long layover very tired.
Mother and child are doing great thankfully.
Indeed my case has been different. Another testimony- gt a new job as I was away.

God's grace to everyone in d house.
Also met Tolu a fellow NL mama. It's been a pleasure meeting a friend and sister in diaspora.. We had a great time. .

Thanks to everybody for contributing to d success of this trip..AdomMum I really appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shayo5: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2016
Hi house,

Been reading silently,this is my 2nd missionary journey. Arrived on Thursday via Turkish airlines great airline but really long.
So change of intent letter no dey work like before guess they r tired of getting such.
Well I usually apply and state vacation since its bi/b2 but at POE I state with all confidence and honesty I came for child birth and I have never had any issues just present my correspondence with the Dr and plenty of scabbashing note both trips have been thru Houston just have ur info correct like where u will be staying correspondence with Dr showing cost breakdown and maybe some cash,be honest and confident even if they try to shake u.
I wish all the mamas and papas luck with VO and CBP,it it well out hustle will not be in vain on our children in Jesus name.
Peeps looking for FX good luck o that treasure hunt is not here Travlex had nothing as at Wednesday had to buy at 486.
Pls who has used Turkish before I have a 22hr lay over on my way back will they provide accommodation or do I have to get that myself.

To all the legends of this forum I hail o.
Any mama in san Antonio,holla at me make boredom no kill person abeg wat Sim can I buy here with good call and internet connection.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
Swisstk:

At this point ge had asked for a Dr's correspondence and and how we intend to fund it so I brought out company's bank statement and budget sheet and my son was also insisting on wanting to hand over a document to him....which he allowed )
Vo: typing. . . ....ur visas have been approved. I know u know this already but please do not accept any medic aid and ensure u get all ur receipts before u return. Have a safe trip
Me: you too. Thank you ( I guess my nerves had d better of me that day.)

I'm not say it's cast in stone that if u use ur company it will be approved but we did and it worked for us. All the best.

That is not the same as an employer using the company's fund for child birth. Her husband or herself is the director of the company. Both of you are directors and can afford to pay for the child birth without liquidating the company's business fund

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phraoh(m): 1:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
I sent you a mail Justwise please...Would appreciate a reply.

Or Give me your email to send that directy.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
Monday. ...going to Newyork first then moving to Atlanta next year. Will be using Eastside and Dr Oduro

sugah:

When are you travelling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
New unspoken rule in US Embassy, Abuja.

1. If your wife is pregnant and you guys applied for a tourist visa, you will be asked if you want to use this visa for any other purpose, please say yes, because as soon as you say no, your wife will be asked if she's pregnant (if she says yes, your visa will be denied; if she says no, say bye bye to applying for a visa for a year). The new logic is that all pregnant women (with or without husband) applying for a tourist visa, will send a change of intent letter and use the visa for childbirth; so according to the US Embassy, pregnant women can't go on vacation in the US. grin

2. If you want to give birth in the US, just go for the medical visa jeje (without your husband except he is the director in his company or in a position where his presence is needed, or earns a high salary) grin
MY OPINION FROM EXPERIENCE AND RESEARCH.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
Swisstk:
It was on the 7th of Nov
Thats correct. I always tell people that what works for one might not work for another. These VO's are different people with different ideas,thinking and understanding. One VO might deny your application while another VO will give you a visa when u reapply. People shouldn't be afraid to reapply,because those VO's see things differently,just do your homework well and all will be fine. Goodluck to everyone!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beehandz(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
herrik066:
This is not correct o. No STPC on a promo ticket. For those taking advantage of the discount fares with Qatar, be aware that u ain't getting no accommodation even with the break neck long over.

Promo tickets are nor entitled to STPC for sure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
Good day house. Please can anyone help with cheap affordable accommodation in Houston between Dec27 and 18th Jan. Thank you. Travelling soon oo. A beg!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
fatima04:
Good day house. Please can anyone help with cheap affordable accommodation in Houston between Dec27 and 18th Jan. Thank you. Travelling soon oo. A beg!
have you tried airbnb?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beehandz(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
Shayo5:
Hi house,

Been reading silently,this is my 2nd missionary journey. Arrived on Thursday via Turkish airlines great airline but really long.
So change of intent letter no dey work like before guess they r tired of getting such.
Well I usually apply and state vacation since its bi/b2 but at POE I state with all confidence and honesty I came for child birth and I have never had any issues just present my correspondence with the Dr and plenty of scabbashing note both trips have been thru Houston just have ur info correct like where u will be staying correspondence with Dr showing cost breakdown and maybe some cash,be honest and confident even if they try to shake u.
I wish all the mamas and papas luck with VO and CBP,it it well out hustle will not be in vain on our children in Jesus name.
Peeps looking for FX good luck o that treasure hunt is not here Travlex had nothing as at Wednesday had to buy at 486.
Pls who has used Turkish before I have a 22hr lay over on my way back will they provide accommodation or do I have to get that myself.

To all the legends of this forum I hail o.
Any mama in san Antonio,holla at me make boredom no kill person abeg wat Sim can I buy here with good call and internet connection.

Turkish don't provide accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
sugah:

Firsty you've succeeded in confusing me.
Na morning sickness do you like this? grin grin
Yes o
Kikikikikikikikiki
How u dey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
MamaP003:
1. I didn't apply for conference. I applied for VACATION. I had already gotten an appointment date before I knew I was pregnant and I didnt know about about nairaland until long after I got my visa(wen I eventually decided to use it for birth/researching for hospital). I truly wanted to go on vacation but ticket then was very expensive so I just rested and stayed back to work.
2. Noted
3. Thanks

Thought u did.... Pregnancy hormones must b making me read and see things.

VO don't understand the economy can make one scrap vacation plans... It is well
Wish u luck in ur next interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
chloe7:
have you tried airbnb?

I have oo! But getting almost 700 to 800 dollars for the 2 weeks. Hence the plea for cheaper options
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
try www.airbnb.com or a long stay hotel

fatima04:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
Guys, I need your assist here, thanks.

1st interview:
The interview was coming to an end.
VO: Are you going to use this visa, for anything else? (I guess they are tired of change of intent letter grin )
HUSBAND: No, Just for vacation.
VO: Madam, are you pregnant?
WIFE: Yes, I am.
VO: How far along?
WIFE: 3 Months.
VO: Sorry your visa has been declined/rebuked/rejected.

2nd interview:
I advised my friend to attend without her husband, for medical visa. This is two months after the first interview. She says the interviewer was the same dude that interviewed, her and her husband.
VO: Why do you want to go to houston, texas?
WIFE: For childbirth, I will be on maternity leave.
VO: But in your last application, you said that you were going on vacation!?
WIFE: Yes sir. We were going for vacation, but we have changed our minds and would like to have our child in the US (Probably should have apologised here instead and come clean sha I.M.H.O)
VO: Your credibility is at risk. Two months is too short to change your mind. What do you at your place of work? (I guess he just asked this to fulfil all righteousness)
WIFE: I do xyz.
VO: Sorry your visa has been denied/rejected etc.

Guys, I suggested they come clean about their intentions. What would you advise? Also is there a place in the form for such? Thanks. I am not an expert and I would sincerely appreciate your inputs. Shalom!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
fatima04:
[size=8pt][/size]

I have oo! But getting almost 700 to 800 dollars for the 2 weeks. Hence the plea for cheaper options
Travel lodge or extended Stay apartments might be lesser, i'm not so sure, but there should be cheaper alternatives, pele dearr

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.