Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Nkwobi - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nkwobi (2018 Views)

Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic / Nkwobi Recipe / Preparing Nkwobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nkwobi by babynatus: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
Hi,

Does any one have good recipe on nkwobi?

please what is potash and any UK alternative?

thanks. cheesy
Re: Nkwobi by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
I heard this thing when i went to Nija and since then, i have been missing it.
Re: Nkwobi by babynatus: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
yes, it's really nice but i haven't eaten anything quite like it in london.

any tips?

wink
Re: Nkwobi by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2009
I wish i can help.
Tell mama and dada in nigeria to fax u some now from lagos. tongue
Re: Nkwobi by muffins(f): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
I love Nkwobi[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]. kiss
Re: Nkwobi by AmakaOne(f): 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2009
Ingredients:

Limbs only of 1 goat

Palm oil (2 cooking spoons)

Edible potash (Akanwu)

Ground hot peppers

1 onion (chopped into tiny bits)

Salt

Blended crayfish (1 cooking spoon)

Seasoning

Lemon juice (1 cooking spoon)

A native bitter leaf, Utazi

Method:

The goat legs should be de-hoofed and thoroughly washed, using a sponge and lukewarm water. Then chop the meat into small pieces, preferably cubes, and rinse once more. Rub in the lemon juice. Put the meat into a large pot, season lightly and cook on moderate heat for about 45 minutes.

When the meat is tender pour out into a bowl with some of the stock.

In a separate bowl, combine the pepper, chopped onions, crayfish, salt and seasoning. Add warm water and thoroughly mix.

Place a clean pot on the cooker and add the palm oil. Warm it slightly then add in the edible potash and cover for a minute. Stir the oil and the potash vigorously until a thick mash is formed. Add some water to dilute. Stir in the mixture of peppers, onions, crayfish and seasoning, cover the lid and let it simmer for about three minutes.

Wash the utazi leaf in a warm water then chop into tiny bits. Add the utazi into the boiling gravy; too much utazi will give the nkwobi a funny taste so add this condiment carefully.

Allow the entire mixture to simmer for 5 more minutes. (Another option is to simply withhold the utazi and onions and serve it sprinkled on top of the cooked nkwobi).

Put the goat legs into serving mortars or traditional earthenware bowls and pour in the hot mixture.

Re: Nkwobi by HarryPotter1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Amaka0ne indeed u are a real cock,thumbs up.
i so much love nkwobi and nkwocha(palm wine) they are the best combination money can buy.
Re: Nkwobi by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
Chei, AMMMMMMAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Re: Nkwobi by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
Loookkkkkssssssssssss so good, but u come spoil am with the onion
Re: Nkwobi by muffins(f): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2009
^^Exactly!!! tongue
Re: Nkwobi by Winnergal(f): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2009
Harry Potter:

@Amaka0ne indeed u are a real cock,thumbs up.
i so much love nkwobi and nkwocha(palm wine) they are the best combination money can buy.

LMAO . . .

(1) (Reply)

Qlink Pressure Pot For Sale. #18,000 / How To Make Delicious Zobo Yam (and Peppered Chicken Stew) / Plantain Porridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.