Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package (19864 Views)

Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs / President Buhari In A Meeting With Niger-Delta Leaders / We Will Save $10bn From Fuel Importation- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by freeze001(f): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2016
All these issues will be resolved the moment the regional leaders resolutely demand restructuring for resource control and fiscal federalism! Congratulating him or not is just superfluous cos it won't change anything.

They should come up with a comprehensive blueprint for development with short, medium and long term targets and make it clear that they need more autonomy to achieve this! I expect that if this happens others will sit up, start lookin inwards and do similar things for themselves. That is how they promised Ogoni cleanup with so much fanfare but after that it's d usual stories meanwhile they scored political points of how fulani man has come to do what their son could not do...typical blackmail!

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by shamack: 7:10am On Oct 31, 2016
Lol,,,,,like say dem no go later collect am,,,after the media don go
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by rusher14: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2016
PedroJP:

Afonja hypocrite. You only choose matters to discuss.

Lagos and Abuja that assumed and is capital territory respectively didn't attract private investors for infrastructural development, how much more NigerDelta Region.

Lagos and Abuja have been developed with funds and commitment from the Federal government, why then should the region laying the proverbial golden eggs wait for eternity for development all in the name of waiting fro private infrastructual development.

Are private entities not in business to make profit any longer ? When did private sector start giving and establishing public goods the government provides ?

I can bet my life that it was an afonja that came up with this idea of 10billion dollars infrastructural development from private investors because you guys are perfect in blackmailing and deceitful, just like ur fallen angel Oduduwa.

You were even specific with the amount as if you have discussed with the investors and have agreed to have them invest 10 billion dollars with the business friendly environment you have provided for them.

I wonder who invests in a militarised environment. Afonjas should keep destroying Buhari's government with propaganda and lies.

One is sure, wise men from the East will continue to be their nightmaress.

Is it the "Afonja" whose Lagos is hosting a Refinery and export processing zone and deep sea port and countless industries which are presently outpouring to Osun and Osun state that you think you are doing?

Continue with your life.

I know it would take no time for the young ones to mutiny.

12 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by pinkguy(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2016
we stop oil production for few month and nigeria lose more than two trillion now they are asking private firm to come develop our region with 4 trillion so we can pay ten times the amount they used ,what stop them from doing the same in north east ,time will soon tell . it hight time we start saying down with nigeria , some Niger deltan are very foolish in every sense why will they sit-down when their nature resource it use to develop other state and even give to other country as aids , its funny to see place that should be rural area are more develop , how on earth will place like jeligo in taraba state be develop more than warri, a so called oil city in delta state ,trillion of our money is been take away from us , why million of kids in the Niger delta are on street trying to survive ,why the few fools that said they are fighting for our right are just look for a mean of earning a living ,how can the be drilling your oil , making trillion, the only job they give you is to guide the pipe line ,kill any body that want to ask for their right as people , just for them to continue make trillion ,is like people mining gold in your father compound making trillion ,they end-up paying u few thousand naria for you to guide and protect them for them to continue , and u accept , Even with so security job they give Niger deltans that want to voice out their right ,they are still not happy with it ,they still come back to ask for their head sending them running for their dear life ,hiding in the rain forest for their safety why army kill their bothers , molest their sisters and destroy their communities , so They can continue to make their trillion , Niger delta must not be allow to decieve by north , the north are very rich with our oil wealth ,how on earth do you think they maintain 12 million beggars A.k.a. Islamic standing army a population more than 13 Africa countries , which region can do such in present Nigeria , maintain such population in just one month ,it sad that some Niger delta are even begging citizens to constitute civilian JTF to aid her exploitation some people will mention scam like nddc we all knew its scam, one of major project of this organisation is east-west road a inter state road , we all know inter state road is responsibility of federal government , so u can't say u are help a region by creating a firm and delegate ur responsibility to them it scam , its high time we as a people stand-up for our natural God giving right, project NigerIa is anti-niger delta , all Niger deltas must be anti-nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by drss2(m): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2016
freeze001:
All these issues will be resolved the moment the regional leaders resolutely demand restructuring for resource control and fiscal federalism! Congratulating him or not is just superfluous cos it won't change anything.

They should come up with a comprehensive blueprint for development with short, medium and long term targets and make it clear that they need more autonomy to achieve this! I expect that if this happens others will sit up, start lookin inwards and do similar things for themselves. That is how they promised Ogoni cleanup with so much fanfare but after that it's d usual stories meanwhile they scored political points of how fulani man has come to do what their son could not do...typical blackmail!
dat ogoni clean up was a political scam by d dullard to bully dem from agitation after his useless comments. i just hope dat d elders will not settle for anytin less dan resource control.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by freeze001(f): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2016
drss2:
dat ogoni clean up was a political scam by d dullard to bully dem from agitation after his useless comments. i just hope dat d elders will settle for anytin less dan resource control.

...*not settle*

I just hate a country where a supposedly central government will keep pursuing ethic and sectional interests to the detriment of others, even actively destroy others and nothing is done! This unitary nonsense has got to die and unfortunately, SE reps and leaders have gone to sleep while the people struggle under self help without more. No meaningful projects or infrastructural development underway...crazy really!

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by drss2(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2016
freeze001:

...*not settle*

I just hate a country where a supposedly central government will keep pursuing ethic and sectional interests to the detriment of others, even actively destroy others and nothing is done! This unitary nonsense has got to die and unfortunately, SE reps and leaders have gone to sleep while the people struggle under self help without more. No meaningful projects or infrastructural development underway...crazy really!

in sane climes wia things work, states ar responsible for their resources while they contribut a small percentage of their earnings to d center. but hia in d cess-pit, d reverse is d case. too make it worse, northern states ar going about their illegal minning business without any form of harrasment while niger deltans ar harrased with military invation ova illegal refineries.
honestly niger delta is d most cheated region in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Jesusloveyou: 7:38am On Oct 31, 2016
Sibrah:
Another $10b shld be set aside for deve . . .
and greediness is a sin

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2016
Eltigre7:

Dismissing the proposal as a blackmail since there is no money to fund it, the Niger-Delta leaders said it is imperative to tell President Buhari that they are rejecting the move because it is private sector-driven with the aim of dragging the government into it.

At the end of the day, other Nigerians will say why complain when you have $10 billion and the money is not there in the first place. If the companies have such money, they should pay the money owed the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, rather than blackmail the region with such money,” they said.

grin grin grin...They thought this is 1960 they can deceive Niger Deltans, imagine an Abok.i man and his Lagos-Ibadan betrayers trying to use our head..taaaa, who dash certificate-less Buhari sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Jesusloveyou: 7:56am On Oct 31, 2016
drss2:
dat ogoni clean up was a political scam by d dullard to bully dem from agitation after his useless comments. i just hope dat d elders will not settle for anytin less dan resource control.
don't you see the ending part that say ineffectual buffoon lack political will to do any meaningful thing in Niger delta. That is why I still hate ineffectual buffoon till tomorrow, he wasted the only opportunity that came to our way, and pmb has done more than what ineffectual buffoon has done for Niger delta in in 8year as vp and president of Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 31, 2016
At the end of the day, other Nigerians will say why complain when you have $10 billion and the money is not there in the first place. If the companies have such money, they should pay the money owed the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, rather than blackmail the region with such money,” they said.

Ah swear the man has been reading Afonjas on the forum, this is typical line an Afonja would say.

Sense dey this man head.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by daygee12: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2016
padi94:
Supported, why is government nt using money frm the oil revenue to fund the 10bn dollars project. This is a scam and ND wont fall for it
If u like fall for it if u like dont, the truth of the matter is that dere are some cabals in the Niger Delta eating all ur benefits, u now have get small data dey use dey talk rubbish here.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by mmsen: 9:13am On Oct 31, 2016
omenka:
The natural course of events suggests people grow wiser as they grow older- why in Jesus' gracious name does that seem like a fallacy when some people are involved??

They are upset because the money would come from other sources where they have quite limited access. What does it matter if government or private investors' money is being used to, say, construct a road?? No be the same road e go still be?? "Through NDDC" my foot!!

The same NDDC that was only able to complete just about 12% of it's projects over 5years while they had already made payments of approximately 80% to contractors!!

These elders are the major beneficiaries of the sleaze going on in such places, hence their insistence that monies meant for the region be channelled through them. The so called elders of the region are the worst enemies of that region.

NDDC is a thoroughly useless organization.

Something I've noticed from driving around AKS and CRS is that NDDC projects, when completed, are always done to a much lower standard than state government initiated works.
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by daygee12: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2016
padi94:
Supported, why is government nt using money frm the oil revenue to fund the 10bn dollars project. This is a scam and ND wont fall for it
If u like fall for it if u like dont, the truth of the matter is that dere are some cabals in the Niger Delta eating all ur benefits, u now have get small data dey use dey talk rubbish here.
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by 7lives: 9:19am On Oct 31, 2016
ever811:
in as much as I know the people of Niger delta region, give them d money and watch how they share it in town halls.this are people that are so used to the idea that money derived from there oil should be shared to them individually,infrastructure can wait for all they care..not all of them though. the river line youth of river state are the most lazy set of humans I have ever seen or heard of in my life.the port Harcourt ikwere has first class degree in laziness.. ikwere from other areas outside Port Harcourt are very hard working, the Echee, and the Ogonis are hard working..okrika,omoku ahuda,calabari very lazy...calabari and okrika are the worst..all there youth does is starch and iron there cloth..they gather them self's in compounds halls to discuss politics,watching carefully any rich guy that comes into the community will be hail with different tittles...chairmoooooo ...amayanabo...alawo..etc and he give them money which sometimes they end up fighting over it.Edwin Clark is an anointed criminal,..any Niger delta person that takes him serious is not serious himself...

Haba this early morning flogging of the Nigerian OYELERS is not good o, daris Godu o. grin grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by pedrilo: 9:22am On Oct 31, 2016
ever811:
in as much as I know the people of Niger delta region, give them d money and watch how they share it in town halls.this are people that are so used to the idea that money derived from there oil should be shared to them individually,infrastructure can wait for all they care..not all of them though. the river line youth of river state are the most lazy set of humans I have ever seen or heard of in my life.the port Harcourt ikwere has first class degree in laziness.. ikwere from other areas outside Port Harcourt are very hard working, the Echee, and the Ogonis are hard working..okrika,omoku ahuda,calabari very lazy...calabari and okrika are the worst..all there youth does is starch and iron there cloth..they gather them self's in compounds halls to discuss politics,watching carefully any rich guy that comes into the community will be hail with different tittles...chairmoooooo ...amayanabo...alawo..etc and he give them money which sometimes they end up fighting over it.Edwin Clark is an anointed criminal,..any Niger delta person that takes him serious is not serious himself...
oga u wey dey hardworking, how ur hard-work don take help naija? anytime una hear niger delta, una go begin vomit nonsense

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by padi94(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2016
daygee12:

If u like fall for it if u like dont, the of the matter is that dere are some cabals in the Niger Delta eating all ur benefits, u now have get small data dey use dey talk rubbish here.

I understand we have a problem of unity in this country, bt i never knew it has degenerated to Hatred.

Dude why na?? Am just wailing over a plan that is fabricated to keep the ND in Limbo without any true atom development. I am only stating the obvious here. I understand you are nt Frm ND, bt that doesnt gv you the right to hate d ND. The fact is if the $10bn is invested there it will better your own life indirectly as u may becum employed in 1 of d high paying gas industries, nd your power supply wud be improved, nd fuel will be cheaper for you, infact everything using fuel nd electricity will be cheaper 4 u. Instead of eating just 1 meal a day you may be eating up to four or as much as you want.

So sir, pls stop hating, this would get us nowhere. Who hate don epp.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by caesaraba(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2016
Izonpikin:
I am tired... embarassed

A whole you? NL militant spokesman tired? Haba this is a golden opportunity to throw expletives on the Nigerian entity and praise this group of elders who are doing you proud. Pls don't miss it.
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by jayAjoku(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2016
abeg niger delta elders are not in charge of my life o bunch of dumb incompetent elders if they had foresight they would have compelled these multinationals to make the region a blazing economic hub all they want to do is support pipeline vandalism and share money . bunch of idiots blinded by greed

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by highbeekeys(m): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2016
They are never united for once nor do they have outright leaders.... So greedy
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by deflover(m): 9:42am On Oct 31, 2016
ever811:

afonja just shut up
which people you know
do you live with us
do you think we are like you dat one dog rules you from Lagos and controls you all like dummies

abeg no let me use the swear wey I dey save for buhari for ya head.
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by oakslid: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2016
Are these Niger delta leaders or ijaw leaders embarassed....... Its UNfair nah shocked. Other tribes needs to employ this guerrilla warfare tactics right?
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Dawillzy: 9:50am On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=Eltigre7 post=50641165]AHEAD of their meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, tomorrow, strong indications emerged, yesterday, that elders, leaders and stakeholders of the Niger Delta Region have rejected the Federal Government’s move to launch a $10 billion (N4 trillion) infrastructural rebirth investment programme in the area.

The multi-trillion naira programme is part of the Short and Medium Term Priorities to Grow Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Industry (2015 to 2019), tagged the ‘7 BigWins’, a new initiative of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.

Dismissing the proposal as a blackmail since there is no money to fund it, the Niger-Delta leaders said it is imperative to tell President Buhari that they are rejecting the move because it is private sector-driven with the aim of dragging the government into it.

“At the end of the day, other Nigerians will say why complain when you have $10 billion and the money is not there in the first place. If the companies have such money, they should pay the money owed the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, rather than blackmail the region with such money,” they said.

These are part of the issues that would be raised with President Buhari tomorrow. These were also some of the resolutions at the end of a meeting held at the residence of the convener, Chief Edwin Clark at his 43, Haile Selassie Street, Asokoro, Abuja in the wee hours of Saturday.

Clark, a former Federal Commissioner for Information and South-South leader, will lead about 46 traditional rulers, elders and leaders drawn from the academia, civil society, freedom fighters and ethnic nationalities of the six South-South states to meet President Buhari tomorrow.

The leaders said it would be blackmail for the people of the Niger Delta as they were not consulted before the decision was taken and announced, adding that the people should have been carried along and their inputs obtained because they know the problems of the region.

Canvassing a bottoms-up approach instead of a top-bottom strategy, the leaders noted that the people of the region are suffering from oil exploitation, while mining is going on in the North without anyone harassing the people.

The elders also urged President Buhari to jettison moves to change the Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu, Delta State to a polytechnic, against the backdrop that the government did not consult with the people of the region.

The region is also seeking for a special Marshal plan for the Niger Delta, review of the amnesty programme and the need to have a ministerial department that will always be a platform for discussion by the people of the region.

Expected at the parley are the Olu of Warri, His Royal Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli; Obong of Calabar, Ekpo Abasi – Otu V; Orodje of Okpe Kingdom, His Royal Majesty, Major-General Felix Mujakperuo, retd; first Military Governor of old Rivers State and Amanyanabo of Twon-Brass, King Alfred Papapreye Diete-Spiff; and His Royal Majesty, Pere Charles Ayemi-Botu among others.

Also to attend tomorrow’s meeting are former Akwa Ibom governor, Obong Victor Attah; Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga, Professor G.G. Darah, Chief Timi Alaibe, Ambassador Godknows Igali, Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas, Alaowei Broderick Bozimo, Chief TKO Okorotie, Hon. Justice Francis Tabai, High Chief Mike Ekayama Loyibo, T.K. Ogoriba, High Chief Wellington Okirika, Chief Justice CET Ayama (retd), Dr. Alfred Mulade, Professor Oserheimen Osunbor, MOSOP leader, Ledum Mitee, former Cross River State governor, Donald Duke; Ambassador Nkoyo Toyo; Brigadier Gen. Idada Ikponmwen, Senator Rowland Owie, Tony Uranta, Chief Dan Ikpebide and Senator Bassey Henshaw among others.

The elders and leaders at the meeting will engage the President on the need for Justice, equity, fairness, confidence-building and consultations with Niger-Delta people prior to taking decisions on their problems.

Other issues to be raised at the parley include the need for restructuring the country and the zone; implementation of the 2014 National Conference report, the Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB, appointments of board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC where membership must reflect oil producing areas, and the need to perfect the protocol of memorandum of understanding, MOU on the ceding of Bakassi, because if not addressed, the people of the area stand the risk of not having a country. The problem in Gbaramatu with military allegedly harassing the people would also be presented before the President. After tomorrow’s meeting, the elders and leaders will ask for an executive session with the President where meaningful discussions would take place.

In his remark at the meeting, Chief Clark, who noted that the issue of not having representatives to negotiate with government for Niger Delta people was gone, saying the people are ready for negotiation. He said if there were issues, the meeting will not be the last, adding that the people are one family, though they are from different communities.

The elder statesman, who stressed the need for unity of purpose, said the people were not fighting the President but wanted government to carry them along.

His words: “We are going to ask for justice, fairness and equity. We are going to tell him that he should dialogue with the people of the Niger Delta and that the use of force is not and cannot be a solution to the Niger Delta crisis.

“He is our President. We will pledge our loyalty to him. We will congratulate him on his election because this is the first time we are seeing him as a people since he won. We are not going to be submitting any long list of demands to him, but we will let him know the need for him to carry the people of Niger Delta along in his government. They should take us as a people who are part of Nigeria. We are not separating from Nigeria.

“It is obvious that the country requires true federalism to move forward. We will tell him that and that is the same thing other parts of the country are asking for. If there is true federalism, we will not have a case of states not being able to pay salaries or maintain themselves. Those (states) that cannot stand on their own will join others.

“Of course, we are going to talk to him about the need to develop Niger Delta. The problem is not lack of ideas on what should be done, the Mitee Technical Committee Report on Niger Delta in 2009 and others are there; the problem is lack of political will to develop the region.”.

All I want is that what ever u guys agree on, it should also include the grassroot.
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by davidif: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2016
ever811:

Funny that you say this. I was watching this 5:18 minute report on the region earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2yPii0yz10
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Gr8tasign: 9:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Na wayo wayo government we de oo

Pls someone should help me with that Fela music
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by smart024(m): 9:56am On Oct 31, 2016
This reminds me of the trick they pulled some years back and in the end, used the monies to grease their pockets which led to some youths killing some of the elders...

The same trick again is in motion here in the name of "they were not carried along"...
Immediately "they" are "carried along", "they" will request that the monies should once again be released to them for chopping and that will be the end of the story...

I pity our people o...
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by gabbytabby: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Them no get money and want to give una 34percent of amount whey them borrow una say he no do.

See me see this people oh. Won fete.
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Charly68: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Leaders are thinkers I will reserve my comments on this issue.
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Emassive(m): 9:59am On Oct 31, 2016
As stupid as you seem to the public. You didn't read before comment because u needed to book space for your burial on the FP so I can forgive u on that one. The Govt is not funding it and it is not also a cash disbursment program. Try to receive Original sense not China product
ever811:
Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by Izonpikin: 10:04am On Oct 31, 2016
caesaraba:

A whole you? NL militant spokesman tired? Haba this is a golden opportunity to throw expletives on the Nigerian entity and praise this group of elders who are doing you proud. Pls don't miss it.
I clamor more for a restructuring...say true federalism...Its a more sustainable move that would foster peace and development in the short and long term..

These elders can not be trusted...they've all benefited from oil than the masses..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package by shamecurls(m): 10:07am On Oct 31, 2016
ever811:

How can I get a 2017 Range-rover across to you?

You just said it all. You really know them.

A region where the women re more hard-working than the men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Visits Governor Dickson Over The Death Of His Mother / Nigerian Army Jails Lt. Col., 15 Others Over Chibok Girls’ Abduction / Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.