Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment (44386 Views)

6 Basic Home Gym Equipment You Need For Your Weight Loss Program. / Throat Cancer & MouthAction: Why Men Should Use Fingers & Not Tongue - Dr. Mensah / 13 Best Remedy For Sore Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by homesteady(m): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
I take antibiotics and it works perfectly! Use to take strepsil but it was effective enough!
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
each time I ave sore throat I normally make use of warm water adding 2 it a pinch of salt learnt dat 4rm a pharmacist dat I once complained dat 2

it has bin very helpful I must confess.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Funkybabee(f): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
Bisjosh:
Im having sore throat right now and its graduating to cough

Epp me Edakun cry

cough, tell a someone like elders to help you check it.maybe it's not belubelu if it's not go drink hot and try to eat mainly protein food from now on
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Funjosh(m): 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
Dyt:
You get your throat sored when you spit on the floor and someone else steps on it.

angry angry angry angry

So you self stay with old women grin grin grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
OP you didnt add table salt.. It works speedily than those ones you listed above.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by RaeMystix: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
Sore throat a worse but very common enemy. Happens in the cold months
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by drnoel: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
pharmadoctor:
Take lincomycin and that's all
And if d cause is viral?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by greggng: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Just buy enough aligator pepper and grind it and put inside original ogogoro and allow it for one day. Use it to gaggle the troat twice a day. Finally use vit c support am u re good to go after a day. If e no go then u ve to see me with one cock and one he goat and totoise manhood. All this will enable me cleanse u

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by drnoel: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
Tonymegabush1:
each time I ave sore throat I normally make use of warm water adding 2 it a pinch of salt learnt dat 4rm a pharmacist dat I once complained dat 2

it has bin very helpful I must confess.

Yep but the best treatments of sore throats are pepper soups and drnking a mixture of hot mint tea mixed with honey and lemon juice. Thats what I always prescribe. Note pls black tea (lipton) in place of mint also word too but mint is more effective.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
Dyt:
You get your throat sored when you spit on the floor and someone else steps on it.

angry angry angry angry

lol.

what a belief!
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pavore9:
I juice ginger and garlic together and down it goes.

I currently have the sore throat issue but I can't gulp down garlic.

I've never been a fan of garlic despite its health benefits.....
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
Dexema:
As little an infection as it might seem, sore throat has the ability to effectively ruin your day with excruciating pain when swallowing.

this is exactly what I am passing through at the moment.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lilimax:
Lozenges especially Dequadine na im sure pass embarassed
I no fit shout! smiley

I have been wasting my money on Lozenges with no positive effects so far.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Pavore9: 2:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
uboma:

I currently have the sore throat issue but I can't gulp down garlic.

I've never been a fan of garlic despite its health benefits.....

U never jam health issues! You are even talking of gulping, the last time l had gum inflammation, l had to advise myself to be bold enough to chew garlic, l chewed up a big bulb though l began to ooze garlic but it certainly treated the inflammation with an additional benefit of a smoother skin! cheesy
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
the best cure for it is ginger flakes or powder.....quote me anywhere.100% sure.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by michaelok(m): 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
STREPSIL
STREPSIL
STREPSIL
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pavore9:

U never jam health issues! You are even talking of gulping, the last time l had gum inflammation, l had to advise myself to be bold enough to chew garlic, l chewed up a big bulb though l began to ooze garlic but it certainly treated the inflammation with an additional benefit of a smoother skin! cheesy

lol.

Thanks but I will pass....

The smell of garlic is what I cannot bear.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Dyt(f): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
Funjosh:

So you self stay with old women grin grin grin

I am an old woman
angry angry

uboma:

lol.
what a belief!

Try it and see if your throat won't be badly sored
angry angry
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
Dyt:

I am an old woman angry angry

Try it and see if your throat won't be badly sored angry angry

grin thanks but I will pass.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by usedcardealerph(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
bitter kola can help too

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Pavore9: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
uboma:

lol.

Thanks but I will pass....

The smell of garlic is what I cannot bear.

Are you a snake that cannot bear the smell of garlic? cheesy
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pavore9:

grin
just can't bear garlic...
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
drnoel:

Yep but the best treatments of sore throats are pepper soups and drnking a mixture of hot mint tea mixed with honey and lemon juice. Thats what I always prescribe. Note pls black tea (lipton) in place of mint also word too but mint is more effective.

copied doc tnx 4 d info...... u guys ave bin helpful since 19AD
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Pavore9: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
uboma:

grin

just can't bear garlic...

When l could drink the fermented juice of banana plant roots, l knew l can take anything for better health. Though we now have odourless garlic capsules.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by toideve(m): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2016
Gaggle TCP in water. 101% effective
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by pembisco(m): 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
drnoel:

Doc. may be you live in the city sha, but you can't ALWAYS prescribe this to an average Nigerian. it cost alot and most people don't have time for these you've mentioned
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by drnoel: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
pembisco:

Doc. may be you live in the city sha, but you can't ALWAYS prescribe this to an average Nigerian. it cost alot and most people don't have time for these you've mentioned

Really, how much time does it take to boil water, make tea cut a slice of lemon and either drop the juice inside ir tea or drop the lemon slice inside then u add a teaspoon full of honey. Bro it takes less than 10 mins. Ur excuse is not an excuse
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by naphunlimited(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
NaturalRemedies are really effective as they tend to deliver the best health result.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by vidadida: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
OP, you would have added GRAPHIC PICTURE to the headline... Look at that mouth undecided
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by 2000viewsNg(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
NotNairalandi:
please op...what if the sore throat is sdfhyijhydgtkprfigmented with something like sghftraetal,do i still need to take warm water? undecided

Use Pap
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by MrBONE2(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
Keneking:
No local herb treatment such as agbo grin
But Garlic,Better Kola and Ginger can perform wonders. grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by rabzy: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pavore9:

What's up with garlic and snakes. Pls do lets know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! Movement Of Objects All Over My Body / Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) / Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.