Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment (44385 Views)

6 Basic Home Gym Equipment You Need For Your Weight Loss Program. / Throat Cancer & MouthAction: Why Men Should Use Fingers & Not Tongue - Dr. Mensah / 13 Best Remedy For Sore Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Pavore9: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2016
rabzy:

What's up with garlic and snakes. Pls do lets know

Garlic repels snakes because they hate the smell.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pavore9:

When l could drink the fermented juice of banana plant roots, l knew l can take anything for better health. Though we now have odourless garlic capsules.

for real!

Is the odourless Garlic capsules as effective as the raw Garlic?
the odourless Garlic capsules was made for peeps like me, grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by loliapoopy2013(f): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
Timely Weite up, my 3 years old daughter is seriously complaining of sore throat. i hv give her antibiotics but will still try this.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by baslone: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
celestialAgent:
Op, is you intend to use that pic to illustrate sore throat, then you fuc.ked up...
That's a rotten mouth there bro...

It's actually a type of Mouth Ulcer called Stomatitis.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by celestialAgent(m): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
baslone:

It's actually a type of Mouth Ulcer called Stomatitis.
Definately not sore throat!
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Joygalore(f): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
If you are a teenager and do have sore throat frequently,please see a doctor so you don't end up with Rheumatic heart disease

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by KardinalZik(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
This is an educative piece.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by nellyelitz(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
well, for the guys if u have this symptoms just suck breask for at least 2 hours, try this and thank me later.

then for the ladies you choose what to suck, i must not help every one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
Take bitter kola and tom tom
Works like magic
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by YkWealthy07: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2016
Take a cube of sugar n soak it in kerosene. Remove n leak it lyk u r leaking a sweet just twice a day, honestly it sounds however buh I tell it works. I was lyk me leaking kerosene my first tym impossible buh at d end I thank God for ds discovery from people of Akwa Ibom around my office

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by skedy1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
And your last line....
#microbiologist!
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by DaCharis2016: 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
I have had a sensation in my throat over 8 yrs now. A doc called it globus sensation....
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nemesis99(m): 11:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hello @op i dont know if this is the right place for this but i am hoping you cld help.

I became ill a few weeks bk and i lost my appetite entirely. 3days ago when i was trying to eat without been fed, i discovered some of the garden egg i ate got stuck in my chest. I have tried every reasonable approach but to no avail. I even tried vomiting but it just wouldn't come out.

I am hoping you cld tell me what to do to get it out... Thanks
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by mytym(m): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2016
Adekanyeope:
Sore throats, alluded to by medicinal experts as "intense pharyngitis," can be brought on by various diverse infections and microbes. Around 70% of sore throats are brought on by infections, for example, frosty infections and other upper respiratory tract infections that taint the tissues around the throat. Sore throat is described by pain, distress, or scratchiness in the throat, frequently connected with pain while swallowing.

Causes of Sore Throat

Sore throats are usually caused by inflammation or infection of the pharynx (pharyngitis) or tonsils (tonsillitis), but may also include other areas surrounding the throat, such as the larynx (laryngitis).

Most sore throats have infectious disease origins, but some can result from breathing in dry, cold air through the mouth (for example, during the winter) or from having a foreign object stuck in the throat (for example, a fish or chicken bone).

Most sore throats are caused by viruses. Many occur at the beginning of a cold, when runny noses drain down the back of the throat and irritate it. Sore throats can also be caused by actual infection of the throat, such as strep throat, which is caused by bacteria (Streptococcus).

Basic Home treatments for Sore Throat

The good news is that most sore throats do not last long. However, a few home remedies may be useful for providing relief:
Drink warm liquids, such as honey or pap
Gargle with warm salt water (half teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of water)
Drink cold liquids or suck on Popsicle (for some sore throats)
Suck on hard candies rich in Vitamin C
Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier
Take over-the-counter pain medicine, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol)
Note: Since most sore throats are caused by viruses, they cannot be treated with antibiotics (which are specific for bacterial infections). In fact, antibiotics are not recommended unless the infection is definitively diagnosed as a bacterial infection, usually through a positive strep test or bacterial culture of the throat

SOURCE : http://www.2000viewsng.com/2016/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-sore.html

I have sore throat regularly.
It's usually the first of 3 stages of my sinus ailments, followed immediately by cough and catarrh.

Recently I discovered that once i gaggle small quantity of Vodka, the sore heals faster than taking OTC drugs. Pls has anyone experienced same?

Also I checked on STREPSILS and discovered alcohol is part of its constituents.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by jbblues24(m): 1:18am On Jun 02, 2019
This animation blew my mind. kiss
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 02, 2020
Funkybabee:

cough, tell a someone like elders to help you check it.maybe it's not belubelu if it's not go drink hot and try to eat mainly protein food from now on
please what is belubelu?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 02, 2020
uboma:

this is exactly what I am passing through at the moment.
please what did you use to treat ur oo,,sore throat is doing me something here.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 02, 2020
Pavore9:

Are you a snake that cannot bear the smell of garlic? cheesy
Does garlic chase away snakes
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 02, 2020
Adekanyeope:
Sore throats, alluded to by medicinal experts as "intense pharyngitis," can be brought on by various diverse infections and microbes. Around 70% of sore throats are brought on by infections, for example, frosty infections and other upper respiratory tract infections that taint the tissues around the throat. Sore throat is described by pain, distress, or scratchiness in the throat, frequently connected with pain while swallowing.

Causes of Sore Throat

Sore throats are usually caused by inflammation or infection of the pharynx (pharyngitis) or tonsils (tonsillitis), but may also include other areas surrounding the throat, such as the larynx (laryngitis).

Most sore throats have infectious disease origins, but some can result from breathing in dry, cold air through the mouth (for example, during the winter) or from having a foreign object stuck in the throat (for example, a fish or chicken bone).

Most sore throats are caused by viruses. Many occur at the beginning of a cold, when runny noses drain down the back of the throat and irritate it. Sore throats can also be caused by actual infection of the throat, such as strep throat, which is caused by bacteria (Streptococcus).

Basic Home treatments for Sore Throat

The good news is that most sore throats do not last long. However, a few home remedies may be useful for providing relief:
Drink warm liquids, such as honey or pap
Gargle with warm salt water (half teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of water)
Drink cold liquids or suck on Popsicle (for some sore throats)
Suck on hard candies rich in Vitamin C
Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier
Take over-the-counter pain medicine, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol)
Note: Since most sore throats are caused by viruses, they cannot be treated with antibiotics (which are specific for bacterial infections). In fact, antibiotics are not recommended unless the infection is definitively diagnosed as a bacterial infection, usually through a positive strep test or bacterial culture of the throat

SOURCE : http://www.2000viewsng.com/2016/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-sore.html

Op,the best cure for sore throat is shewing ginger or leaking the powdered ginger.
Do it twice in a space of 2 hours,it will disappear to hell.
Trust me...
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2020
wealth25:

please what did you use to treat ur oo,,sore throat is doing me something here.

I took strepsills at the time.

I hope you get better in good time.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 4:59am On May 03, 2020
uboma:

I took strepsills at the time.
I hope you get better in good time.
ok..were you good when you took strepsil?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 8:21am On May 03, 2020
wealth25:

ok..were you good when you took strepsil?

Yes, but the sore throat didn't heal immediately. It went on for a few days.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Funkybabee(f): 12:41pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=wealth25 post=89108096]
please what is belubelu?[/quote

I can't explain it, search beli beli on Google
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 03, 2020
uboma:

Yes, but the sore throat didn't heal immediately. It went on for a few days.
Was urs up to one week or more than one week??
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 4:46pm On May 03, 2020
wealth25:

Was urs up to one week or more than one week??

It took up to a week for mine.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 03, 2020
uboma:

It took up to a week for mine.
Ok...mine will be one week by tomorrow.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Zino89: 5:12pm On May 03, 2020
DaCharis2016:
I have had a sensation in my throat over 8 yrs now.
A doc called it globus sensation....
Were you able to treat it? I'm having same issue Please help a sister
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by DaCharis2016: 6:02pm On May 03, 2020
Zino89:
Were you able to treat it? I'm having same issue Please help a sister
Sorry about yours, dear. I actually took different medications from food supplements to herbs and medical drugs all to no avail until I saw somewhere online where it was mentioned it has no cure, but goes away on its own after so many years.

I stopped feeling the sensation in my throat about 3 yrs now.

I wish you all the best.

NB: It took away many things from me as I couldn't socialize, think faster, memorize anything easily and engage a conversation for long.

I hope you're not having same symptoms.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Zino89: 6:50pm On May 03, 2020
DaCharis2016:
Sorry about yours, dear. I actually took different medications from food supplements to herbs and medical drugs all to no avail until I saw somewhere online where it was mentioned it has no cure, but goes away on its own after so many years.

I stopped feeling the sensation in my throat about 3 yrs now.

I wish you all the best.

NB: It took away many things from me as I couldn't socialize, think faster, memorize anything easily and engage a conversation for long.

I hope you're not having same symptoms.
I'm not having those symptoms you mentioned. Mine is just like something is stocked in my throat. it all started in 2018 six months after i had my son have taken different drug still no improvement. I even took ginger and garlic combo it went and came back. I'm tired.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by uboma(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
wealth25:

Ok...mine will be one week by tomorrow.

Good health to you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebola Panic In Ife: OAU Student Quarantined, Confesses Contact With Enemuo / Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos) / Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.