Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,575 members, 7,840,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him (1330 Views)

Aisha Buhari Takes A Walk With Her Grand Daughter (Pictured) / Breaking News: Inec Names Jimoh Ibrahim Ondo PDP Governorship Candidate / EFCC Begins Road Walk Against Corruption In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim, the controversial gubernatorial candidate of the crisis-ridden Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo State has said his popularity should not be compared with that of the embattled Governor Olusegun Mimiko.

Mr. Ibrahim stated that his growing popularity among the people was more pronounced than that of Governor Mimiko in the State and the nation as a whole.

He spoke with journalists on Sunday at his residence in Igbotako shortly after addressing thousands of supporters that besieged his compound.

Mr. Ibrahim, a controversial business, explained that his popularity as Nigeria would make him win the November 26, 2016, governorship election in the State.

"If they challenge Governor Olusegun Mimiko to a popularity test in Ondo State, I will win him (Mimiko), nine times over ten.

"If I have a popularity road work in Ondo state they will stone Mimiko because people now want change and liberation by coming out of their hopelessness.

"So, definitely I will celebrate the triumph I have made over Mimiko in this struggle because it's now a new Ondo State as from today" he added.

He claimed that he is the authentic candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and not Eyitayo Jegede who was being fraudulently promoted by the embattled Governor Mimiko of the state.

Ibrahim who vehemently showed his PDP membership card to journalists also denied joining the Accord party noting that he had invested heavily in the party and cannot quit easily.

He added that it was Mimiko that was fraudulent and desperately making frantic effort to cover up his mess by imposing Mr. Jegede at all cost as the governorship candidate, that should be regarded as a stranger in the umbrella party.

"I am his father in PDP because this guy (Mimiko) saw what I have planted and came in quickly to come and reap where he didn't sow.

"We told him it's not possible and vowed to make it impossible for him even when he leaves office we will continue.

"I expect that Governor Olusegun Mimiko would allow Eyitayo Jegede to do the fight, "why is he fighting for him because he (Mimiko) is not the governorship candidate. "

Biyi Poroye, the embattled Chairman of the crisis-ridden PDP also affirmed that his faction remains the rightful and authentic executives of the party in the state.

Mr. Poroye also maintained that Jimoh Ibrahim is the legitimate governorship candidate of the PDP for the November 26th, 2016 governorship election.

"The law is established, and as far as we are concerned today, the candidate of the authentic PDP in Ondo State is Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim".

He appealed to the heads of the security agencies to help beef up security in the state to avoid violence as being threatened and sponsored by supporters of Eyitayo Jegede.

A PDP leader in the community, Bayo Olafusi told SaharaReporters that the "Akure Agenda" was being orchestrated by Mimiko using some traditional rulers in the town.

"Akure as an entity cannot single-handedly enthrone their son as the governor of Ondo state, they need the support of Ikare, Owo, Ose, Okitipupa, among other towns in the state.

"I told them (Akure) that it is not their turn for now simply because the governor is from the central senatorial district and for the first time he has ruled the state for eight years.

"The law of royal justice state that this position has to be rotated and that is why all other people in the senatorial district vehemently opposed to the decision of Mr. Governor to install another person from his same senatorial district," he said.http://saharareporters.com/2016/10/30/ondo-state-people-will-stone-gov-mimiko-if-i-have-popularity-road-walk-him-says-jimoh

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by IykeChukz(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2016
When would PDP ever resolve their inter-party crisis?

Are we better off without opposition?

May call it nemesis.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by AshiwajuFoward: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2016
Lol. I wonder who is more UNpopular between both clowns. Either way they'll both probably end up getting stoned on the streets. Kai! Ondo state has suffered.

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by adeleke5157: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2016
WHICH WAY NIGERIA
WHICH PARTY DO WE GO FOR
APC --------------LIARS
PDP---------------SCAM
I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE TRUE CHANGE
MEANWHILE JIMOH IBRAHIM SEEMS TO BE DONALD TRUMP OF ONDO STATE,HE SURELY HAS ENOUGH MONEY TO WASTE.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Qmerit(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2016
I saw this coming!
Mimiko is a mule in PDP.
He would ve stayed in Labor Party.
But. Jona deceived him

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 31, 2016
Yes they will stone, if you pay some people to.
Likewise you... If some people are paid to stone you.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2016
Mimiko will be stoned when d masses hear d amount of money he embezzled he will regret his action. Jimoh ibrahim will mean what he said ok.mimiko is not a politician to rob hands with. Mimiko has already destroyed his legacy by himselves.d masses will not vote for pdp in the upcoming gubernatorial election.instead of him to resolve his issues among the old buffons and old cargoes of apc he is busy destroying d party every blessed day. No hope for pdp in ondo state. D opposition party will surely win with landslide victory.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2016
mimiko forgot so soon! Mimiko was Labour while Ibrahim has always been PDP, as far as PDP in Ondo state is concerned Mimiko remains Jimoh Ibrahim's son.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by xcexmedia: 11:02am On Oct 31, 2016
ikennaf1:
Yes they will stone, if you pay some people to.
Likewise you... If some people are paid to stone you.
that's a political propaganda speak the truth
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by xcexmedia: 11:05am On Oct 31, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:
Lol. I wonder who is more UNpopular between both clowns. Either way they'll both probably end up getting stoned on the streets. Kai! Ondo state has suffered.
jimoh is just a spoiler,why dont he come openly and stand a true primary with eyitayo,jimoh is a big old fool,APC is using him
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by xcexmedia: 11:08am On Oct 31, 2016
Johnnyessence:
mimiko forgot so soon! Mimiko was Labour while Ibrahim has always been PDP, as far as PDP in Ondo state is concerned Mimiko remains Jimoh Ibrahim's son.
jimoh is just a fraudster, he never achieved any good in all is business, such 419 is not a better idea,eyitayo stand out
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by xcexmedia: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2016
xcexmedia:
that's a political propaganda speak the truth
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by xcexmedia: 11:12am On Oct 31, 2016
Qmerit:
I saw this coming!
Mimiko is a mule in PDP.
He would ve stayed in Labor Party.
But. Jona deceived him
you're wrong ,he was the chairman of pdp governor southwest,buhari just want to end the Era of pdp in nigeria,presidency power in display,God will not allow such
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by jhorjhor: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2016
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by adami48(f): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2016
Picture of him in his compound addressing supporters, Jimor Ibrahim that is in Abuja as at Sunday is addressing supporters by proxy, see the problem with this man is that he is full of lies and deciet, and that's the main reason nothing good can ever come out of him , Go to Ondo state and campaign if u have liver
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 11:35am On Oct 31, 2016
lalasticla, mynd4 pls kindly move it fp.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by chriskosherbal(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2016
Hmmmm politics in Nigeria?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 11:39am On Oct 31, 2016
as far as this country is concern jimoh ibrahim is d authentic candidate of pdp in ondo state.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Qmerit(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2016
xcexmedia:
you're wrong ,he was the chairman of pdp governor southwest,buhari just want to end the Era of pdp in nigeria,presidency power in display,God will not allow such

Where is PMB coming from oga!

decided to make some research about the Ondo PDP Govnorship candidate crisis, my findings are:
1. There was a duly elected Ondo State PDP Executive. 

2. They were shoved aside by Mimiko &  caretaker put in place. 

3. The constitution of PDP does not give room for caretaker. 

4. Caretaker did the primary that brought up Jegede. 

5. Jimoh probably knows the position of the law & got the duly elected state PDP officials to conduct the primary that presented him. 

6. PDP constitution allows primary to take place at the headquarters of each 6 geopolitical zones if the state headquarters is not conducive. 

7. The elected PDP officials took INEC & PDP to court for recognizing caretaker & the primary held by caretaker. 

8. Court ruled that the primary done by caretaker is a nullity on June 29, 2016. 

9. PDP, INEC did not appeal the ruling until 90 days elapsed. 

10. The elected state PDP applied for ruling of the court to be enforced. 

11. Jegede went to appeal court after 90 days.

12. Appeal court told him he cannot appeal a matter in which he's not a party. 

13. He files for leave of court to appeal, 

14. INEC said they cannot appeal the judgment because Supreme Court has prevented them from meddling in party affairs. 

15. INEC statutorily must publish names of candidates 30 days before election. 

16. Makarfi faction of PDP is not recognised by law because PDP constitution does not give room for caretaker. 

In all, it seems Jimoh Ibrahim saw an error by Governor Olusegun Mimiko and took advantage of it from the position of the law.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2016
Pdp should settle their grievances among themselves no hope for them people are living their camp joining opposition party for the upcoming gubernatorial poll. D old cabals in ondo state pdp can not do anything about their selfish interest. Pdp should change their name. They are gradually falling apart in ondo state politics.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2016
xcexmedia:
jimoh is just a fraudster, he never achieved any good in all is business, such 419 is not a better idea,eyitayo stand out
pls stop painting someone u don't av evident to buttress ur case. I have not heard that he is thief neither do I hear that he is a 419. What I heard about him is that he. Owns his workers salary due to economic meltdown happening all over the world. Mimiko should be d one that should be stoned cos' he has not paid his workers salary for some month now and this spell doom to him and his cabals in pdp. He should be preparing for his handover note cos d Dss and the Efcc will invesigate d looted treasury and d gej campaign fund he loot. Mimiko should be stoned no development in ondo state as I speak.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
xcexmedia:
jimoh is just a spoiler,why dont he come openly and stand a true primary with eyitayo,jimoh is a big old fool,APC is using him
even eyitayo jegede u guys are praising will be investigated on corruption when mimiko hand over power. Jegede is corrupt as is boss. He should av know by now that mimiko is using him in order not to be probe about the corruption charges in which mimiko and his cabals will be investigated. D painful part is that upon d 13 percent derivation from the fg as the oil producing state he didn't save at all but loot all the state treasury. Now the people are paying for it dully. D masses will not vote for jegede d Akure breed. He will be disappointed in the court this week. Instead of him to settle the issue amicably, he is busy going to court from one court to another receiving injunctions from one court to another. It is a pity he will fail.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by shaddoww: 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
xcexmedia:
U are being so unfair to Jimoh Ibrahim, in life we win some n we loose some, Mimiko was a member of Labour Party before n during dos years PDP in Ondo state was being ran by Jimoh Ibrahim who provided 20 new Toyota buses n #10,000,000 for each local government, despite all dis, Mimiko was still d one who benefited from President Goodluck Jonathan wen he wanted to run 4 election in 2011, cos he made him believe he was d only popular person in Ondo which he was den, and den came d 2012 Ondo election, The election den was PDP's to loose because Mimiko has lost his popularity den n APC had an unpopular candidate, den Jimoh Ibrahim wanted to run but d presidency pressured him not to cos dey didn't want to challenge Mimiko den, dey had to bring Olusola Oke in d last minute so as to av a candidate n despite d late entry Oke was second, dats to tell u hw popular PDP was den. Den in 2014 Mimiko decided to decamp to PDP n he did through d back door by going through d presidency n den hijacked d structure of d party which made d real owners aggrieved n feel cheated because d 2015 election was close n dey were already preparing to run 4 various offices but Mimiko came in n hijacked everything, u could see d result in d outcome of d senatorial n reps election. So now dat Mimiko has lost dis time, he should take it.

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
shaddoww:

U are being so unfair to Jimoh Ibrahim, in life we win some n we loose some, Mimiko was a member of Labour Party before n during dos years PDP in Ondo state was being ran by Jimoh Ibrahim who provided 20 new Toyota buses n #10,000,000 for each local government, despite all dis, Mimiko was still d one who benefited from President Goodluck Jonathan wen he wanted to run 4 election in 2011, cos he made him believe he was d only popular person in Ondo which he was den, and den came d 2012 Ondo election, The election den was PDP's to loose because Mimiko has lost his popularity den n APC had an unpopular candidate, den Jimoh Ibrahim wanted to run but d presidency pressured him not to cos dey didn't want to challenge Mimiko den, dey had to bring Olusola Oke in d last minute so as to av a candidate n despite d late entry Oke was second, dats to tell u hw popular PDP was den. Den in 2014 Mimiko decided to decamp to PDP n he did through d back door by going through d presidency n den hijacked d structure of d party which made d real owners aggrieved n feel cheated because d 2015 election was close n dey were already preparing to run 4 various offices but Mimiko came in n hijacked everything, u could see d result in d outcome of d senatorial n reps election. So now dat Mimiko has lost dis time, he should take it.
no doubt mimiko will loose with huge margin he has already lost no hope for pdp in ondo state. He has already destroyed d structure of pdp with his own hands and he will destroyed pdp also this time around. Pdp is falling apart every blessed day.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim:ondo State People Will Stone Mimiko If I Have A Road Walk With Him by Johnnyessence(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
Mimiko will lose this election he should be preparing for his handover note. He thinks he is smart not knowing he failed his supporters causing violence.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Rochas Okorocha's Former Aide Reveals Bra Size, Intimate Things / Is This True? See What Someone Shared About President Buhari - Photo / See The Reason Why 2face Lead Protest Is A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.