Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Five Things Every Intending Blogger Need's To Know - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Five Things Every Intending Blogger Need's To Know (660 Views)

7 Things Every Webmaster Should Know About Links / 7 simple things every blogger should take into account / 6 Important Things Every Blogger Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things Every Intending Blogger Need's To Know by Tianahsblog: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
Sometime ago someone made a statement that I found very amusing, she said "it seems like every time someone sneezes a new blog is created". It was funny but it's actually true. blogs are popping up every day, a lot of people are venturing into the blogging field, it's not bad at all, in fact it's actually one of the most rewarding things you can do with your life, but many of these websites don't stand the test of time because they go into it for the wrong reasons and before long they get tired and give up.

They say "to be forewarned Is to be fore-armed. So here are a few things you need to know before undertaking a career in blogging.
First of all, Running a blog is hard, it's as hard as running any other business, it is time consuming, life- draining, money-demanding and exhausting, but with grit, determination and passion it'll be totally worth it in the end.
After blogging for almost a year now I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience, there are so many things I have been disillusioned about and a couple of other things I have been very encouraged and propelled by.

Things you need to know before venturing.

1. CONSTANT DATA SUPPLY: i really didn't know how to title this but, I think it's clear already. As a blogger you can't really afford to run of data supply, you will have to always be online. Yes, telecommunications people will make a lot of money from you.
There are days when I genuinely just want to go offline and stay away from social media and just concentrate on interacting with people in the real world, but at such times I am constantly reminded that if I don’t want cobwebs and roaches to take over this space I need to be online and keep pruning and updating it regularly regardless of how I feel.

2. TRAFFIC : no body is going to tell you that buying a website, creating an awesome blog post and clicking publish will not automatically Bring readers. Hell no!!! after all that hard work, you are still going to lure people to read your content. you're going to become a social media junkie who needs to be on almost every platform, and you are going to keep your ears down for the latest. After publishing a post you will need to share it on every social media platform and you will need to keep sharing, you will also spend a lot of money running ads just like "" is doing, aggressively, just to get people to read your post. what do you expect when there are a million other blogs out there.

3. BLOG TOPIC : if you are not a gossip, news or entertainment blogger, there will be days when you will have no idea what to write about. Your supply of blog topics will literally run dry and you will start looking around for the slightest inspiration from everyone and everything. On days like that you will feel like giving up but if you started out for the right reasons, it will help you when the chips are down.

4. TIME : creating a blog post takes time. running a blog will take a considerable amount of your time, in fact if you are not very careful you could spend whole days creating just one post. For me, it's my nights that suffer, I spend countless hours at night trying to create relevant content for my blog. I get bulgy eyed and really sleepy but I keep typing. I signed up for it.

5. MONEY DOESNT COME QUICKLY : if your sole objective of starting a blog is to make money, please begin to consider other options because you might end up like one of those bloggers who start up with fervency and in no time their blogs die off because they got disappointed. They can't understand how Linda ikeji does it, well they forgot to ask Linda ikeji and sisi yemie how long it took before they started smiling to the bank.
Making money through blogging is a reality but it takes patience and time.

http://www.tianahacha.com/2016/10/five-things-every-intending-blogger.html?m=1
Source :tianah's inspirational blog
www.tianahacha.com

1 Share

Re: Five Things Every Intending Blogger Need's To Know by ChuzzyBlog: 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
Well said... Lalasticlala do the needful

1 Like

Re: Five Things Every Intending Blogger Need's To Know by lakes99: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
Yeah......thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Five Things Every Intending Blogger Need's To Know by Iggyok(m): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2016
Please i need a site to start blogging,any mentor to guide me?

(1) (Reply)

How To Route Pages To The Index Page And Using Htaccess / Newly Created Ultimate Cycler Whatsapp Group / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.