Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,519 members, 7,836,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down (14715 Views)

NJC Recalls Six Judges Accused Of Corruption / Wike Criticises NJC For Suspending Judges Accused Of Corruption / NJC Suspends 7 Senior Judges Accused Of corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 8:03am On Nov 01, 2016
AfroKnight:
For once in this country, accused public servants are doing the right thing. If a Supreme Court judge cannot show example and step down while under investigation, then who will?

It is however sad that the NJC could not suspend them for such weighty allegations. This shows that bribery and corruption is so common among the judiciary that they can no longer realise how shocking these accusations are. Shame on the NJC and shame on those lawyers who supported them.

Those who have been robbed of justice know what it feels like to lose a clear case because the judge accepted a bribe.
Suspend them based on what exactly? How come the president is yet to suspend his ministers who were named in the scandal? The DSS has not rendered a single petition or evidence to the NJC and you want them suspended

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Mrdecent(m): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

This is exactly why people fail exams!! This one only read the headline without bothering to read the news proper
And so? Why are u this pained?
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Moreoffaith(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2016
My brother this guys brought this country to where she is today, but I still don't believe in this drama they are acting cos those in charge are their colleagues.

AfroKnight:
For once in this country, accused public servants are doing the right thing. If a Supreme Court judge cannot show example and step down while under investigation, then who will?

It is however sad that the NJC could not suspend them for such weighty allegations. This shows that bribery and corruption is so common among the judiciary that they can no longer realise how shocking these accusations are. Shame on the NJC and shame on those lawyers who supported them.

Those who have been robbed of justice know what it feels like to lose a clear case because the judge accepted a bribe.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by emperorAY(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2016
Do people really read and understand, the article said they voluntarily step down so they ar still judges since the NJC did nt suspend them
Do u think buhari can win dis case? When he has also benefitted from their corrupt practices
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2016
Mrdecent:

And so? Why are u this pained?
Because the money your parents spent on your education was wasted! I really feel for them
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by AfroKnight: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Suspend them based on what exactly? How come the president is yet to suspend his ministers who were named in the scandal? The DSS has not rendered a single petition or evidence to the NJC and you want them suspended

I know your ethno-political tendencies and I would rather not waste valuable time and words trying to reason with you. Have a nice day.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Mrdecent(m): 8:15am On Nov 01, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Because the money your parents spent on your education was wasted! I really feel for them
Thank God you are not my parents. It's that all?
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 8:22am On Nov 01, 2016
AfroKnight:

I know your ethno-political tendencies and I would rather not waste valuable time and words trying to reason with you. Have a nice day.
You would not argue with me because you are a hypocrite.You are calling for the suspension of the judges but you want Amaechi and Onu to continue in office!!! What double standards!!
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by lolamitayo: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2016
I only see male chorus waiting for the Pastor.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by naniawini(f): 8:24am On Nov 01, 2016
Franchise21:
grin
wetin dey make u laff?
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 01, 2016
AfroKnight:

A person remains an accused until proven guity by the law.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 8:25am On Nov 01, 2016
For the benefit of the ignorant, Justices Dimkpa and Ademola both FHC judges amongst those arrested have Long resumed at their duty posts.These two supreme court judges only stepped down on their own freewill
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by olatade(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2016
Yeeeaaaahhhh....it's about time. Disgrace those suckers.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Emassive(m): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2016
Don't be silly please. Do you know that anyone can accuse you of any crime at anytime. Would you quit your Job for that reason?
AfroKnight:

Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Emassive(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2016
They have done very well, Nonetheless, people will start coming up with accusations against perceived enemies just to keep them out of sight in the name (Step down and prove your innocence). The law in the whole world states that you are innocent until proven guilty by a law court.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Fourwinds: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2016
dat is not d end...also God will make their end misserable for perverting justice.. u shall not see justice in dealing with nature...all forms of natural justice shall seize in tjeir lives
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Bom4Real: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2016
AfroKnight:

Must u always expose ur illetracy?learn how to excluse sentiments in ur analysis,because NJC r more learned than u r,so any fool can accuse any judge he doesn't like of corruption and the latter will be suspended,knowing what Nigerian politicians can do,NJC is avoiding bad precedent
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Ratello: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2016
I love this I am patiently waiting on November 7 and 8 when Saraki's case would follow the same pattern and woe betide him if he tries his usual drama of "I can't step down because my colleagues put me there" na that time he go know say khaki no be leather.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Franchise21(m): 10:12am On Nov 01, 2016
naniawini:
wetin dey make u laff?
What happened? Ur glo line ain't giving thru n u left d grp
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by JUHABACH: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2016
AfroKnight:

sorry bruh but your post is clearly biased. by your logic, if someone made allegations against you without proof , you would feel justifed getting suspended (which in the eyes of the public implies guilt) without even a shred of actual evidence of wrongdoing. heck buhari should have withdrawn as presidential cadidate the instant the allegations about his certificate were made by your logic.
you say shame on the NJC, you should also be ashamed of both the executive and the legislative based on the various allegations of corruption levied against both institution. atleast the judges acted honourably and voluntarily withdrew from sittings.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by blackboy(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
Step down? Were any judges that gave judgement in favour of APC ( kogi etc) raided by the DSS? What about INEC officials? see what happened in Edo state with INEC. No wahala.. If the juduciary is corrupt what about the executive and legislatures ? Well, lets see how judges will react in future cases.
Part of MKO Abiola's(RIP) problem he couldn't get justice was that he could not get the justice to sit. He had problems with some judges.
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by naniawini(f): 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
Franchise21:
What happened? Ur glo line ain't giving thru n u left d grp
my fone is having issues, i'll be bk soon
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by Franchise21(m): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2016
naniawini:
my fone is having issues, i'll be bk soon
OK. Buh ur glo line is not active
Re: Supreme Court Judges Accused Of Corruption Step Down by naniawini(f): 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
Franchise21:
OK. Buh ur glo line is not active
am bk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Aid 8 Of 30 Benue Lawmakers In Impeachment Move Against Ortom - This Day / Reps Approve Card Reader, Bar INEC From Using Other Devices / Aggrieved APC Leaders Set Up Plan B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.