Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ (9357 Views)

Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? / CAN TOILET INFECTION CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIOD IN A LADY? / I Need To Get Pregnant But I Havent Seen My Period In Three Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by lizm1989(f): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2007
im 17 and i havent had my period in 39 days ive had unprotected sex but ive also been exercising lately im freaking out and dont kno wat to do i cant go to the doctors about it cause i have no medical right now and i cant afford to pay- -the mone-y- -t-o g-o s-e-e one-- - i n+eed some advice or anything any one can do please
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by ZuluNation(m): 1:00am On Jan 03, 2007
My advice to you sis is to contact a Planned Parenthood Clinic closest to you, I'm sure the would be able to help you out.
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by iice(f): 5:23am On Jan 03, 2007
ZuluNation:

My advice to you sis is to contact a Planned Parenthood Clinic closest to you, I'm sure the would be able to help you out.

That and a pregnancy test. Sometimes stress just makes u late. My friends always have such close calls. Goodluck
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by ZuluNation(m): 7:14am On Jan 03, 2007
iice:

That and a pregnancy test. Sometimes stress just makes u late. My friends always have such close calls. Goodluck

It better be your friend having close calls and not you, you know big bros don't play that nonsense
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by iice(f): 7:18am On Jan 03, 2007
I swear you are no fun angry tongue tongue I shall not tell you ma secrets *hmmph*
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by ZuluNation(m): 7:28am On Jan 03, 2007
iice:

I swear you are no fun angry tongue tongue I shall not tell you ma secrets *hmmph*

Yes I'm no fun, and yes I'm always over protective when it comes to my little sister angry angry. My dear abeg no vex it's late I need to go to bed now. HAPPY NEW YEAR MY SISTER. kiss
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by iice(f): 7:30am On Jan 03, 2007
Ehen, take care and sweet dreams kiss Talk to you later wink
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by casper(m): 7:41am On Jan 03, 2007
WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD!!!
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by naijacutee(f): 11:54am On Jan 03, 2007
Aw, girl bless you. . . Don't be optimistic though and think it could be the exercise. Because it probably isn't. Anyways let's cut the chase : I've got baby clothes and shoes (girls) for sale. I'll give you special discount!!! These are soft-pawed, very comfortable and durable enough to be passed on to subsequent 'maybe-babies'! Discounted for you only!

Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by Choco(f): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2007
U are mostly likely pregnant especially if you have never experienced such delay since u started mensurating and the fact that u had unprotected sex.

First you need to go for a pregnancy test for confirmation of ur status. I'll advice you to tell your mother or a "responsible" adult.Don't do anything rash like going to a quack doctor for abortion cos u might lose ur life or worse lose your chances of ever having children in the future.

All the best

Choco
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by lizm1989(f): 1:44am On Jan 13, 2007
Thanks everyone I finally started my period so im ok now
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by ZuluNation(m): 1:56am On Jan 13, 2007
Happy for you girl. Remember to always practice safe sex cool
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by 8oracle(m): 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2007
@lizm: I dont agree, cant be sure.it is said "when a child girl ate what her mother ate, she is bound to stay awake" Read my pregnancy timeline.

@zulunation: Carry out the test and confirm to nairaland before your wishfull wish
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by Radiant(f): 1:07am On Jan 14, 2007
Next time protect yourself before you learn the hard way!
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by Ndipe(m): 2:23am On Jan 14, 2007
Next time, dont have sex, until you legally become a MRS.
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by ZuluNation(m): 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2007
8oracle:

@lizm: I don't agree, can't be sure.it is said "when a child girl ate what her mother ate, she is bound to stay awake" Read my pregnancy timeline.

@zulunation: Carry out the test and confirm to nairaland before your wishfull wish

What wishful wish are you talking about
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by 8oracle(m): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2007
ZuluNation:

Happy for you girl. Remember to always practice safe sex cool
Is she not fully ripe for marriage? Carry out the test for a true confirmation of her state and report back to nairaland
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by promise72(m): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2007
u don get belle. when can i come chop rice grin
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by uchetobi(f): 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2007
I preach abstinence but if you cant protect yourself for God’s sake not only because of unwanted pregnancy, also because of AIDS (its for real o!) and e no dey show for face
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by foumaleka(f): 11:49pm On Jan 25, 2007
i dont know why most of you still think old fahioned. You guys just jump straight to
thinking she is pregnant or whatever!!!! I empathise with her because i only had
my period 3 times in 2006, yes thats right. 3 times. Doctor says it could have been
caused by stress, new enviroment or change of diet.
I encourage you all to learn more before posting on a topic you have avague udea on.

peace!!!

1 Like

Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by naijacutee(f): 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2007
Aw so you're not pregnant . . . No business for me! angry

@foumaleka

I say you should  change your doctor.

Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by foumaleka(f): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2007
No honey
i am not. I feared i was because i am sexually active but i did pregnancy test every single time i
went for check up and they just discovered i was low on estrogen, anemic and i needed to eat right.
For some of you who recently change your enviroment it could happen too.
If you need more info holla at me.

But note: If you missed your period for a while make sure you go to
the doctor first and confirm wether you are pregnant or not. Dont just assume
it could be stress

peace!!
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by Ndipe(m): 12:38am On Jan 29, 2007
Well, any lady who is not sexually active, but has an irregular cycle cant be pregnant. Stress or a change of environment, amongst other things could be responsible for it.
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by cyberangel(m): 12:54am On Jan 29, 2007
monthly cycles are a result of hormone interplays. My experience with women is that many factors can alter their hormonal balance which results in hormonal imbalance. in the case of our dear friend, the fact that she was worried about the unprotected sex was enough to delay her period. in the course of my practice i have met women who did not ovulate because they were angry with their husbands.

naijacutee:

Aw so you're not pregnant . . . No business for me! angry

@foumaleka

I say you should change your doctor.

actually i have patients who have not had a monthly period in a year and are not pregnant. many things affect the cycle and in their cases diet is responsible. a very high fibre diet could lead to irregular periods. sometimes i get requests from patients asking how they can avoid menstruation because of the cramps they have and if i notice that the cramps are very severe i put them on a diet that alters the cycle.
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by domwas2(m): 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2007
Hi pals is a serious issue here should be given attention, that's what the room is all about. 90% of girls don't know more of this takeless of the guys---
So straight to the topic girl, take a note from the start;

[center]Missed Menstrual Periods (Amenorrhea) [/center]

What is amenorrhea?
Amenorrhea means not having a menstrual period.

Amenorrhea is either primary or secondary. Primary amenorrhea is not having menstrual periods by the age of 16. Secondary amenorrhea is the absence of periods in a woman who had regular menstrual periods previously.

How does it occur?
Menstruation requires that the uterus, cervix (opening to the uterus), vagina, ovaries, pituitary gland (located in the center of the brain), and the hypothalamus (located in the lower part of the brain) be normal and healthy. An abnormality of any of the above may keep you from having a period.

Primary amenorrhea

The main cause of primary amenorrhea is late puberty without any permanent abnormality. This delay in most cases occurs for no known reason. It may also be the result of a hormonal problem, such as hypothyroidism, or a genetic disorder.

In some cases, menstruation fails to occur because of an anatomical defect present from birth in which the vagina or uterus is absent, or in which there is no opening out of the vagina to allow the menstrual blood to escape.

Secondary amenorrhea

The most common cause of secondary amenorrhea is pregnancy. Sometimes a breast-feeding mother may not have menstrual periods. Periods may also take some time to resume after a woman stops taking birth control pills, usually not longer than 3 months.

Secondary amenorrhea may also result from the following:

emotional stress
depression
malnutrition
drugs, such as tranquilizers and antidepressants
rapid weight gain or loss
chronic illness (for example, kidney failure, cystic fibrosis, and colitis).

Long lapses between periods, lasting 6 months or longer, are common with on-going physical stress. This is particularly the case if the woman has lost a lot of weight, as with anorexia, or has little or no body fat, such as with women athletes.

In uncommon cases cysts or tumors in the ovary may also cause secondary amenorrhea.

Rarely, periods may stop as a result of the same hormone problems that cause primary amenorrhea, such as hypothyroidism.

Permanent secondary amenorrhea occurs after menopause. Menopause may occur prematurely before age 40. Periods also stop after a hysterectomy, which is surgical removal of the uterus.

What are the symptoms?
Not having menstrual periods (amenorrhea) is a symptom, not a disease. The presence of other symptoms will depend on the underlying problem.
If amenorrhea is caused by a hormone imbalance, there may be the following symptoms: a lot of body and facial hair, acne, breast milk secretions, a change in voice or sex drive, or weight gain.
How is it diagnosed?
Though rarely due to a life-threatening cause, amenorrhea can be a fairly complicated problem, and there is often no quick answer. It takes time and working closely with your doctor to diagnose the cause and to treat it.
You will need a thorough history and a physical exam, including a pelvic exam. The doctor will probably not recommend any tests (such as a blood test to measure hormone levels) unless:
You have missed three or more periods in a row.
You have other symptoms, such as breast milk production, headache, vision changes, trouble with coordination, or excessive growth of body hair.
You are 16 or older and have never had a period.
You are 14 years old, have never had a period, and have not had any breast development or growth of pubic hair.

How is it treated?
Unless there are other symptoms or abnormal physical findings in addition to the absence of periods, you may not need treatment.

The treatment of amenorrhea depends on its cause. A diet and exercise program to correct obesity may restore your menstrual periods. Learning to manage stress at school or work and decreasing excessive physical exercise is also helpful.

Often the cause of amenorrhea is that the ovaries do not release eggs (ovulate). If you are not ovulating, your ovaries only release the hormone estrogen and do not produce progesterone, a hormone necessary for periods to occur. The usual treatment is to take the hormone progesterone for 7 to 14 days every one or two months.

Surgery may be necessary if you have tumors or cysts in your ovaries or uterus, or if your vagina is shaped abnormally or has no opening.

How long will the effects last?
Amenorrhea following a hysterectomy or after menopause is permanent.

Amenorrhea after a woman stops taking the birth control pill usually lasts for 6 to 8 weeks, but it may last a year or longer.

If unusual stress or an illness has temporarily interrupted the hormone cycle, your period should start again naturally, though the duration of amenorrhea is unpredictable.

How can I take care of myself?
If you miss more than one menstrual period, see your doctor. Tell your doctor about any drugs you are taking, both prescription and nonprescription.
If your periods are irregular, keep a record of the dates that they start, how long they last, amount of menstrual flow, and any symptoms.
If you have no periods at all, try to remember and record when your last period occurred, how long it lasted, and the amount of menstrual flow.
Try to find out if there is any family history of a problem similar to yours.

What can be done to help prevent amenorrhea?
To prevent amenorrhea from recurring, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle:

Make changes in your diet and/or activities to maintain your ideal weight.
Avoid excessive use of alcohol and mood-altering stimulants or sedative drugs.
Avoid cigarette smoking.
Assess the areas of emotional stress and conflict in your life. If you feel that you cannot resolve these conflicts on your own, ask for help from family, friends, or health professionals.
Moderation in all your activities is the key. Try to balance your work, recreation, and rest.
Follow your doctor's recommendations closely.
Maintain a positive outlook. This problem can often be corrected.

so what do you think! wink
feel free to send mail for questions
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by ceasyc(f): 5:03am On Feb 24, 2011
hi, my cousin is in her early 30's
she used to see her menstrual period (bleed) 4-5 days every month (1st day of period starts every 28 days)
but since 2009 her period only last for 1 day. though she said she has not had sex in over 3 years, she is wondering what could be d problem?

would this affect her from having kids when she is ready? what can she do to rectify it?
will she still b able to ovulate and will her ovulation period change?
her ovulation period used to be 9 days from d 1st day of her period to the 15th day (i.e 9th - 15th day counting from d 1st day of her period)

she knows her ovulation cos her mom taught her n also because she has a child already and a miscarriage
thx in advance
Re: No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ by gynny(f): 1:32am On Jul 15, 2016
Secondary amenorrhea is a type of amenorrhea. There are several factors which cause amenorrhea, and this can be quite confusing for a lady. Click on the link below to read more on amenorrhea, causes of amenorrhea and some treatment options.
http://www.gigihealth.com/secondary-amenorrhea-youve-not-seen-your-period-for-more-than-3-months-and-youre-not-pregnant-read-this/

(1) (Reply)

98,000 Women Die Annually From Smoke Inhaled Cooking With Firewood / UCH Ibadan Responds To Alleged Expired Vaccine Administration / Earn From Glnd Health Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.