Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (81113 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / 50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

Ace is on the list. All the other songs (apart from Miliki Express) were on the list at one point or the other, but I had to remove them when I was pruning the list down to 150.

Great.. Do you have the miliki express original video?? Been looking for it for years.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
warrenweste:

Great.. Do you have the miliki express original video?? Been looking for it for years.

No. I've not heard that song in a long time. I once had it on vinyl and I think the last time I heard it was actually from that vinyl record.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
ottersberger:

There you go: http://e-lagu.co/
Thank ya! smiley
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by eaglechild: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

It's on the list. In fact, I had two versions on the list, but I had to remove Mandy Brown Ojugbana's version. Bobby Benson's version is near the top of the list.
Oh yes number 18.
Taxi driver

That song is just sublime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

No. I've not heard that song in a long time. I once had it on vinyl and I think the last time I heard it was actually from that vinyl record.
I have Obey on my laptop. The man has some mad guitar skills
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by EazyMoh(m): 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
OP wetin dey do you? U never out any of Mamman Shata songs.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
eaglechild:

Oh yes number 18.
Taxi driver

That song is just sublime.

Do you remember the Bobby Benson Show? It was shown on NTA in the '70s. He used to perform magic tricks, tell jokes and sing. I think it was recorded at his hotel.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

Chai...alright thanks..
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:

I have Obey on my laptop. The man has some mad guitar skills

Oh do u have the video of that particular song? Miliki express..
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Seanherck: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
100,Orobokibo by pasuma
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ottersberger(m): 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ofege - Nobody Fail. This song's gotta be on that list.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
warrenweste:

Oh do u have the video of that particular song? Miliki express..
No, just the audio
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Richy4(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
OP forgot to add send down the rain by Majek Fashek
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

Do you remember the Bobby Benson Show? It was shown on NTA in the '70s. He used to perform magic tricks, tell jokes and sing. I think it was recorded at his hotel.
Mah old niggur. cheesy
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
Richy4:

It's there.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
Richy4:

It's on the list
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by hope4life: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
Your list is not complete.My greatest songs are:
1.Glory 1 to 4 by Panam Percy Paul
2.Network News by Mama Bola Are
3.Church Wa Memu by Niyi Adedokun
4.Oyun Inu Sokun by Ojo Ade
5.Heavenly Dew by Funmi Aragbaiye
and many other anointed gospel songs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by DozieInc(m): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
@Naptu2 kudos for such work, nice compilation I will definitely download some of this songs, perfect compilation!
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:

No, just the audio

Alright thanks..
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Slim101(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=naptu2 post=50690009]

Nigeria Yi Ni Ti Gbogbo Wa. The actual title is The Way Forward. It's on the list.[/quokte]

Tickle me - Alex Zitto

Omode o, egbo Hun ti mo Fe so....omo to ye mo tun ilu se, oti ya were ni yaba o ( don't know d title but I think it's funmi Adams too)

Some Daniel Wilson too.

Also Omoge by Mike Okri
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Richy4(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ishilove:

It's on the list

Yea i just saw it now #63.... that was the popular music back then i used in learning how to talk.... That was what they told me i did not remember...
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

That's one of the fantastic message songs on the list. You are not only entertained, but you also learn while listening to it. I absolutely love that song. Identity by Oliver De Coque.
I love Identity! Gosh, you're making me so nostalgic smiley kiss
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
Oliver De Coque, Osadebe and Sir Warrior aka Oriental brothers should make the top 50 of any naija classics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Slim101(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

Nigeria Yi Ni Ti Gbogbo Wa. The actual title is The Way Forward. It's on the list.

Tickle me - Alex Zitto

Omode o, egbo Hun ti mo Fe so....omo to ye mo tun ilu se, oti ya were ni yaba o ( don't know d title but I think it's funmi Adams too)

Some Daniel Wilson too.

Also Omoge by Mike Okri
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ofemigeorge(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
Is funmi Adams still alive? Where is she?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Lilimax(f): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
chicoMX:
No African queen by 2face.l, OK
Indomie Generation smiley

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=Slim101 post=50691589][/quote]

Tickle Me by Alex Zitto is on the list. Daniel Wilson's Mr Ragamuffin is on thee list. I think the song that you are trying to remember is Funmi Adams' Omode.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by dominique(f): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nothing from Mike Okri? I was hoping to see at least 'Omoge' in the list. TBH I don't know up to half of those songs listed up there, nice list all the same

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by redcliff: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

By the way, welcome to the thread. You are the first person to do what I'm hoping for. You just reminded me of Monkey Come Chop Banana.

I'm hoping that someone will remind me of the name of the hausa song, the name of the artist that sang One Early Morning and the name of that Charlie Boy song.

The hausa song was performed at almost every state occasion in the 1970s and '80s, along with Nike Nike, Iya Ni Wura and Omo Pupa. Almost everybody I ask can remember the tune, but nobody remembers the name of the song or the lyrics.

I had the little 331/3 disc of One Early Morning. It's a James Brown kind of funk song. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the person that sang it.

Charlie Boy released a song in the early 1980s. I later discovered that it's a cover of an older song. I call it Onyiora because I can't remember the actual name of the song, but the chorus, when translated into english, goes something like, "Mad man, he's a madman. Catch him, he's a madman".

Nel oliver nko..
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
Caveatemptor:
The group Osibisa,although mostly populated by Ghanians,had a sprinkling of Nigerians over the years they were on top. I think their song Celebration, should be on the list.
@Naptu2, You have not said anything about the group BLO,which comprised of Lemmy Jackson and Tunde Odunmosu. I can't remember who theN stood for but they were a bad funkified group in the 70s and 80s. They had a song,"Back in time",that used to rock the air waves back in the day.
Oh! Nostalgia.....
O ma ga ke. Boda Caveat, eyin ti d'arugbo ke. cheesy

Twale!! cheesy

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by slysteel: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

By the way, welcome to the thread. You are the first person to do what I'm hoping for. You just reminded me of Monkey Come Chop Banana.

I'm hoping that someone will remind me of the name of the hausa song, the name of the artist that sang One Early Morning and the name of that Charlie Boy song.

The hausa song was performed at almost every state occasion in the 1970s and '80s, along with Nike Nike, Iya Ni Wura and Omo Pupa. Almost everybody I ask can remember the tune, but nobody remembers the name of the song or the lyrics.

I had the little 331/3 disc of One Early Morning. It's a James Brown kind of funk song. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the person that sang it.

Charlie Boy released a song in the early 1980s. I later discovered that it's a cover of an older song. I call it Onyiora because I can't remember the actual name of the song, but the chorus, when translated into english, goes something like, "Mad man, he's a madman. Catch him, he's a madman".
Are you not talking about akula by charley boy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Muraino Ft. Zinoleesky - Ole (lazy) / Download This Hot And Fresh HIP-HOP/R&B Mixtape By DJ Hypno / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In June 2018

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.