Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) (16418 Views)

Governor Atiku Bagudu Visits Sugar Cane Farmers In Kebbi (Photos) / Audu Ogbeh, Emefiele Inspect Rice Farms In Jigawa / Wives Of Governors Attend Fundraising Dinner In Kebbi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Sibrah: 10:43am On Nov 01, 2016
The North has the potential to sustain Nigeria in agric.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by moffat(m): 10:48am On Nov 01, 2016
CBN gov or agriculture comissioner abeg tell us another story

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by kniru: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2016
ok
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2016
zuby4real10:
proudly an indegene of kebbi. The largest producer of rice in Nigeria. We feed the nation.
Please heard about Aliero Onion market,i am in rivers state and will like to buy onions and lives stock
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by ephi123(f): 11:16am On Nov 01, 2016
What does the CBN governor have to do with touring a farm? I don't understand Nigeria ooo
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Opynion: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2016
ALL FOR THE CAMERA
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Fourwinds: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2016
clueless CBN governor...no synergy between him and minister of finance

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Fourwinds: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2016
obakovich:

Please heard about Aliero Onion market,i am in rivers state and will like to buy onions and lives stock
I once served there as a corp member...they are good in onion farming., water melon
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by vRendoh(m): 11:29am On Nov 01, 2016

I hope you will tour some farms in the south south cry cry
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by davidif: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2016
Keneking:
When is he resigning sef...finally he has started going out to do the real job of CBN gov.

Not travelling in First Class seat to America or China ...

Let him go down to the real sector..the heartbeat of the nation grin

Some of his aides would be grumbling now with this local waka-waka and interaction with snakes and monkeys in the bush paths.

Useless governor shocked

***Ikenga, my son, abeg make we comot for this space, e bi like say, one oga dey pass, disturbing our quiet in the bush...too much noise from sirens.

Actually, this is not his job. His job is to set monetary policy of the country (of which he is doing a horrible job of) not to be touring farms well then again, this is Nigeria we are talking about.

Also, it's not the job of the fed govt to create farms, there job is to create a conducive climate for the agricultural sector to flourish. Thats the problem with Naija, the govt always wanting to get involved in everything instead of realizing that it's job is just to create an atmosphere for business to flourish and to get out of the way.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by davidif: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2016
Fourwinds:
clueless CBN governor...no synergy between him and minister of finance

Neither seem to know what to do.
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by davidif: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2016
ephi123:
What does the CBN governor have to do with touring a farm? I don't understand Nigeria ooo

Gbam!
That's what I commented on earlier. His job is to set monetary policy of which he is doing a horrible job of not to be touring farms
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2016
davidif:

Actually, this is not his job. His job is to set monetary policy of the country (of which he is doing a horrible job of) not to be touring farms well then again, this is Nigeria we are talking about.

Also, it's not the job of the fed govt to create farms, there job is to create a conducive climate for the agricultural sector to flourish. Thats the problem with Naija, the govt always wanting to get involved in everything instead of realizing that it's job is just to create an atmosphere for business to flourish and to get out of the way.

Who provides intervention loans for farmers? Aisha?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by ephi123(f): 11:38am On Nov 01, 2016
davidif:

Gbam!
That's what I commented on earlier. His job is to set monetary policy of which he is doing a horrible job of not to be touring farms

Exactly. I don't understand how things are done in Nigeria. There is a Minister of Agriculture, I am sure there is a commissioner for Agriculture as well, so how the CBN government will leave the key tasks he is meant to be doing to tour farms is simply ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by 989900D: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2016
Dongreat:
Why is it that our leaders are so useless. Is it the inspection of grasses that will strengthen the naira? Well I don't blame them but Nigerians who are so adapted with the 'suffering and smiling' syndrome.

Nigeria depletes her foreign reserves by $2b averagely annually on importation of rice . . . get the drift?
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Dongreat(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2016
989900D:

Nigeria depletes her foreign reserves by $2b averagely annually on importation of rice . . . get the drift?

Oh I do man and thanks for this. What a consuming nation and no sense of manufacturing here despite the abundance natural resources.
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by 989900D: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Dongreat:

Oh I do man and thanks for this. What a consuming nation and no sense of manufacturing here despite the abundance natural resources.

Exactly, we should be earning dollars from products like rice, and e.t.c.; not the other way round.
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by omenka(m): 11:53am On Nov 01, 2016
Keneking:
When is he resigning sef...finally he has started going out to do the real job of CBN gov.

Not travelling in First Class seat to America or China ...

Let him go down to the real sector..the heartbeat of the nation grin

Some of his aides would be grumbling now with this local waka-waka and interaction with snakes and monkeys in the bush paths.

Useless governor shocked

***Ikenga, my son, abeg make we comot for this space, e bi like say, one oga dey pass, disturbing our quiet in the bush...too much noise from sirens.
Hain! cheesy

Guy you need Jesus in your life. Must everything be "useless" to you??

Always cracking me up with the pictures of those primates.

Rotflmao!! cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
omenka:
Hain! cheesy

Guy you need Jesus in your life. Must everything be "useless" to you??

Always cracking me up with the pictures of those primates.

Rotflmao!! cheesycheesycheesy

shocked shocked
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by omenka(m): 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Keneking:

shocked shocked
Are you always this playful about everything? cheesy
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by lafuria1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
ephi123:
To give agric loan, CBN has to be convinced before issuing such loans, our banks can't without collateral, the CBN sees this as an investment.
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by ephi123(f): 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
lafuria1:

To give agric loan, CBN has to be convinced before issuing such loans, our banks can't without collateral, the CBN sees this as an investment.

I reiterate, the job of a CBN governor is not to tour farms, his job is to create policies that will create a business friendly economy.
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
omenka:
Are you always this playful about everything? cheesy

Not really. But whenever lala is in driving seat....men, its something else grin

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by davidif: 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
Keneking:

Who provides intervention loans for farmers? Aisha?

That would be the commercial banks and the ministry of agriculture sir and NOT the central bank.
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by ishayaauta(m): 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
shiftmarket:
Hi, do you have contact with rice dealers in Kebbi where one can buy local rice in bulk?
it will be better if you are on site...
Heads up: best time to purchase your rice will be next Year March, after irrigation harvest come with your truck to yauri precisely thank me later...
Yeah proudly from kebbi.
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by ishayaauta(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
obakovich:

there is quite a competition there, I can assure you, that you can get a better deal. now this also depends on some factors....
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by blaqoracle: 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Kebbi State is leading in the agricultural revolution embarked upon by the Buhari administration, this is to the credit of the intelligent and visionary leader at the helm, Governor Bagudo.

To those asking about the diversification efforts of the Buhari government, this is just a glimpse. Developing agriculture does not mean total abandoning of oil, and I foresee a rebirth of Arewa and Nigeria as a whole with these efforts to increase our oil and agricultural output.

God bless Nigeria.
it is only online we find Anambra Rice, we are yet to see it in the market.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by teadrake(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
LastMumu:
So that he can appoint another clueless _Aboki to plunge this country into further mess. Thank you for your clueless advice.
I think PMB deserve commendation for resisting every call for the sack of the CBN governor and not the other way round
Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by dabossman(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
ephi123:

Exactly. I don't understand how things are done in Nigeria. There is a Minister of Agriculture, I am sure there is a commissioner for Agriculture as well, so how the CBN government will leave the key tasks he is meant to be doing to tour farms is simply ridiculous.

Sometimes we fuss over things we don't have direct knowledge of. Since you didn't employ the man, how do you know what his entire job description entails? The article mentions "stakeholders" and I guess the CBN is one of them. Even in my organization, our Finance Manager visits the field from time to time to assess progress and level of projects just to ensure that vendors are not shortchanging the company.

We don't have to criticize everything, especially if we don't have insider knowledge of the workings of an organization.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by dabossman(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
davidif:

That would be the commercial banks and the ministry of agriculture sir and NOT the central bank.

Is this a factual statement or you are assuming? Google is just a click away bro.

http://punchng.com/cbn-provides-rice-farmers-with-n4-9bn-loan/

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cbn-spends-n23bn-to-improve-local-rice-soya-bean-production--emefiele/169581.html

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) by ephi123(f): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
dabossman:

Sometimes we fuss over things we don't have direct knowledge of. Since you didn't employ the man, how do you know what his entire job description entails? The article mentions "stakeholders" and I guess the CBN is one of them. Even in my organization, our Finance Manager visits the field from time to time to assess progress and level of projects just to ensure that vendors are not shortchanging the company.

We don't have to criticize everything, especially if we don't have insider knowledge of the workings of an organization.

Excuse me. Nigeria is not the only country with a Central Bank governor. Other countries do, and we can see how they carry out their functions there.

Dollar is at what price today? Forex changes up and down, economy is tanking and the CBN governor is touring a farm?! This has nothing to do with criticizing, but rather pointing out that he is not focusing on what he is meant to be focusing on otherwise we wouldn't have these whack forex policies we currently have.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh Hurdles Against Minimum Wage Takeoff / Former Deputy Governor Of Niger State, H.E Ahmed Musa, Dumps The APC / CAN President Denies Receiving ₦‎2 Billion From Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.