Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" (52468 Views)

How Would You Fix Nigeria If You Were The President? / Transparency International Ordered To Leave Nigeria Within 72 Hours / Ahmad Salkida Replies Army:'I'll Be In Nigeria If Army Provide My Flight Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by felle: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said any Nigeria who has another country to relocate to is free to do so.

On his part, he said he would stay back to solve the nation’s position.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President spoke while addressing Niger Delta stakeholders at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“We are determined to make life comfortable and affordable to all Nigerians. If anybody has a country to go to, let him go, we will stay here and salvage our country,” Shehu quoted the President as saying.

Buhari was said to have told the leaders of the Niger Delta that they had more to do than anyone else to bring peace to the region, given the influence they have on militant groups.

He expressed the determination of his administration to stay focused on its key campaign promises of securing the country, fighting corruption and creating jobs through the improvement of the economy.

He said peace, security, investment and prosperity are linked together, adding that “if we give peace a chance, investors will come here to invest. Nobody will invest in an insecure environment.”

Buhari said the problems his administration found on the ground were many, as illustrated in collapse of oil prices, inability of 27 of the 36 states to pay salaries, absence of savings to fall back and having to deal with an elite who didn’t seem to care.

All these, he said, made his government to conclude that, “life as usual is no longer affordable.”

In welcoming the 16-point request presented for negotiation by the Niger Delta leaders, Buhari said he was still expecting reports from officials he had instructed to review the implementation of the Amnesty programme to determine where government fell short so that amends can be made.

The President said the service chiefs were putting together their own assessment of the militancy situation, saying “when I have these reports, including this one (just presented), we will revisit the situation (in the region) to ensure that we succeed this time.”

The President who delivered his report card on the war against corruption and the efforts to secure the country repeated his call to the Niger Delta leaders to join the administration in bringing peace to the troubled region.

http://punchng.com/leave-nigeria-another-country-says-buhari/

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by sarrki(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
On point

Trust enemies of Nigeria to twist it

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Some people have died of starvation while waiting for the promised of change which is bleak.Buhari,you are wicKED.

348 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by SubtleFRED(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
Cameroon is not far grin grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Bujumbura(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
This goat from futa jallon will not stop embarrassing himself with silly statement

265 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by mej67: 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
It should be clear to all and sundry that this government is worse than military regime.

During past military erase, at least they try small by encouraging Nigerians not to check out and leave the country.

I can't forget that national advert, 'Andrew don't check out' acted by Enebeli Elebuwa (RIP). I still know him as Andrew till today.

Doesn't Bubu know what brain drain is?

Chai !!!!

276 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by drss2(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
"give buari mic n he will use it to destroy himself." - wise man.
not dat i care about d dullard, but if i were him, i will rather plead with aggrieved pipul to come togeda so dat we can solve our problems using diplomacy. diplomacy is a must for any govt dat wants to succeed. it is a form of conflict resolution strategy. any pesin wishing to lead any nation must understand dis principle. without diplomacy, govt will face stiff resistance from pipul.
see wat d dullard just said sad in oda words, he's telling aggrieved pipul to "do their worse n leave d con3 if they dont believe in his govt." how will dis statement calm hot nerves n resolve conflict n u wonder why there's crisis every wia in d con3.
buari dullard doesn't know any tin about diplomacy.

209 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
I':m relocating to South Sudan

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by drss2(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
mej67:
It should be clear to all and sundry that this government is worse than military regime.

During past military erase, at least they try small by encouraging Nigerians not to check out and leave the country.

I can't forget that national advert, 'Andrew don't check out' acted by Enebeli Elebuwa (RIP). I still know him as Andrew till today.

Chai !!!!
buari is not fit to be a local govt chairman in dis century talk more of a president. d man lack modern 21st century tools of governance.

187 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by sarrki(m): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
drss2:
"give buari mic n he will use it to destroy himself." - wise man.
not dat i care about d dullard, but if i were him, i will rather plead with aggrieved pipul to come togeda so dat we can solve our problems using diplomacy. diplomacy is a must for any govt dat wants to succeed. it is a form of conflict resolution strategy. any pesin wishing to lead any nation must understand dis principle. without diplomacy, govt will face stiff resistance from pipul.
see wat d dullard just said sad in oda words, he's telling aggrieved pipul to "do their worse n leave d con3 if they dont believe in his govt." how will dis statement calm hot nerves n resolve conflict n u wonder why there's crisis every wia in d con3.
buari dullard doesn't any tin about diplomacy.

Give you an opportunity to yearn on a thread

You always mess it up

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by DropShot: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
Bujumbura:
This goat from futa jallon will not stop embarrassing himself with silly statement
Just take his advice and relocate.

grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by chinjo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
mej67:

Chai !!!!
how can u be talking of brain drain to someone that has none

152 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Chubhie: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Buhari should visit foreign embassies and see how Nigerians sleep over for visas. even Moldova!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by UmuEri(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Oya Idio.t why have you refused to let the East go?

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by dEastActivist: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
What about those that are about to die of hunger?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by babdap: 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
Only God knows what we have done to deserve PMB.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
Always making insensitive statements.

Does Nigeria belong to you?, i blame those who saw him as the best man for the job.

Mumu presidiot!.

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Tunami(m): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
In fela's voice, animal in crase man skinny..... Craseman.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by veekid(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Sai baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by lollmaolol(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Saw this coming..bubu you were not like this during election campaign, then you practically begged us for vote.

Baraô banzai

ijebuloaded:
lol

iykedare:
F00l

Oluwamuyeewa:
J

@Spacebookers, I'm currently discussing space management with Seun

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by ijebuloaded(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by olaolulazio(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Must u say something?

17 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
As much as I don't hate buhari I'm starting to hate him 100x

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by iykedare(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Our president is high on some cheap medication.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by jaymejate: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Abi werey ni baba yi ni? shocked

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by Lasskeey: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by oluFELAxy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
If men were God...

15 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by adioolayi(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Like Haiti grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by soberdrunk(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
The borders are "open", feel free to use it at anytime......... angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" by teebaxy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mad man

40 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / El-Rufai Reacts As Beautiful Hausa Lady Shows Support For His Re-Election / Buhari And Sheriff's Campaign Poster In 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.