Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen (1079 Views)

CBN Illegally Funding Buhari’s Government, Says Sanusi / Senators And Reps Earn N6.78bn Annually / Osun Firm Nets N2.2trn From Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 02, 2016
According to NTA news last night the country is losing approx 100kgs of gold daily from illegally mined gold which is then stolen.

Nigeria losing $70Bn annually from gold mined illegally and stolen.

Here we are fretting and sweating over $29Bn loan which would build the critical infrastructure, Power, Rails and Mines, steal and industries that would help the country diversify its economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Okay
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by modath(f): 6:35am On Nov 02, 2016
I know for a fact that Ilesa's gold deposits are being exploited by Chinkos!!

It's either the governor is complicit or he is dead! cool
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 02, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk6peljE_8w

Go to 48:27 of the video to hear where 100kg gold mined daily is mentioned.
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 02, 2016
It is like the the minister of Mines and Steel Development is sleeping .
We need someone like Kemi Adeosun in that role to shut off all leakages of revenue due to FG
modath:

I know for a fact that Ilesa's gold deposits are being exploited by Chinkos!!

It's either the governor is complicit or he is dead! cool
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by jejemanito: 6:49am On Nov 02, 2016
GenBuhari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk6peljE_8w

Go to 48:27 of the video to hear where 100kg gold mined daily is mentioned.

I should download a video that's up to 48:27?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Sibrah: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2016
Fantastically corrupt country.
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Sibrah: 6:51am On Nov 02, 2016
GenBuhari:
We need someone like Kemi Adeosun in that role to shut off all leakaged of revenue due to FG
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Minister of Mines need to explain what he is actually doing to either stop illegally mining of to ensure that FG gets revenue due to it from the gold being mined.

In fact the minister should be fired from this role.
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by modath(f): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2016
GenBuhari:
We need someone like Kemi Adeosun in that role to shut off all leakaged of revenue due to FG

I don't get the siddon look/look the other way thing!! This has been going on for far too long.. same is happening in the north as well.. oil proceed is why this is happening!! Serious wastage!!!
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 02, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 02, 2016
I won't even mind seeing Peter Obi being brought in to tackle wastage.
The siddon look is puzzling especially when oil infrastructure was being vandalised, I was expecting the region to have been instantly flooded with soldiers to guard every critical oil facility.

It took weeks for the crocodile to find its smile

Sometimes I wonder if the wailers are right when they say the govt is playing us undecided
modath:

I don't get the siddon look/look the other way thing!! This has been going on for far too long.. same is happening in the north as well.. oil proceed is why this is happening!! Serious wastage!!!
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2016
Don't download unless you can afford the data.
jejemanito:

I should download a video that's up to 48:27?
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by jejemanito: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2016
GenBuhari:
Don't download unless you can afford the data.

My bad. Add the word "useless" to the "video" in my comment

That should clear things up for you undecided
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Justiyke4u: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Why not the government equip them with right tool and regulate them too
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by pointstores(m): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2016
cool
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Bujumbura(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2016
GenBuhari:
We need someone like KEMI ADEOSUN in that role to shut off all leakages of revenue due to FG
grin grin

I just can't hold it at the bolded. So you people are celebrating incompetence?

Guy you don kill me with laff

Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by freeze001(f): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Yet rather than harness these obvious sources of income, they lazily want to go borrowing! What do they need to formulate policies and law to properly regulate artisanal mining whilst inviting competent international counterparts thar can bring in and also transfer expertise and technology?

This is why resource control is even more critical now because all these regions with resources being spirited away without coming into the federal purse continue being lackadaisical because oil money must come every month. The moment that nonsense bottle feeding is cut off, I will see which lazy ass governor will say he cannot meet his responsibility because of crash in oil prices!
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Jokerman(m): 8:48am On Nov 02, 2016
Buhari govt is a very lackadaisical government. .... Look at wat we are losing because of his incompetence. .... angry
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2016
Is it not up to our useless NASS to create such law?
Dr Fayemi is very useless minister I have to agree. He should be sacked.
freeze001:
Yet rather than harness these obvious sources of income, they lazily want to go borrowing! What do they need to formulate policies and law to peepers regulate artisanal mining whilst inviting competent international counterparts thar can bring in and also transfer expertise and technology?

This is why resource control is even more critical now because all these regions with resources being spirited away without coming into the federal purse continue being lackadaisical because oil money must come every month. The moment that nonsense bottle feeding is cut off, I will see which lazy ass governor will say he cannot meet his responsibility because of crash in oil prices!
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Borrowing will be necessary to build the mines, but in the meantime they cannot just allow $70bn to me slipping away every year.

This has been occuring for years but we were not even alerted about it under the useless previous PDP govt.
Re: Nigeria Losing $70bn Annually From Gold Mined Illegally And Stolen by freeze001(f): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2016
GenBuhari:
Borrowing will be necessary to build the mines, but in the meantime they cannot just allow $70bn to me slipping away every year.

This has been occuring for years but we were not even alerted about it under the useless previous PDP govt.

It has always been in the public domain that illegal mining of natural resources has resulted in continuous losses to Nigeria. It is not news so if u didn't know it's because u are not properly informed. It certainly not a PDP or APC matter but failed leadership especially since d discovery of crude. It is the reason we keep demanding restructuring because d lazy dependence on oil proceeds continue to make it impossible for leaders to harness resources and take responsibility!

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Election: INEC Was Partial – CSO / Corrupt Nigerians Waiting For Buhari To Leave Office To Continue Looting — Sagay / DSS Unhappy Because I Stopped Them From Kidnapping A Judge – Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.