Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees (81536 Views)

Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff / Coronavirus: British Airways To Sack 12,000 Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Blue3k2: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
The Nigeria Immigration Service has queried its officers, who appeared in a viral music video challenge, threatening to take severe actions against them as punishment.

According to a statement by Iam Haliru, Assistant Comptroller General of the NIS, the viral video clip tagged #BopDaddyChallenge, has caused the organisation a lot of embarrassment.

'Bop Daddy' is the latest song by Nigerian rapper, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz. 

A trained lawyer, Falz is the son of Senior Advocate of Nigeria and human rights defender, Femi Falana.

The NIS statement partly reads, “The attention of the Comptroller General has been drawn to a video clip trending on the social media in recent times which revealed a rather disturbing and embarrassing display of indecent flaunting of your bodies, desecration of service uniform/beret and the use of inappropriate language, thereby sabotaging the values upheld by the service.

“To state the obvious, your act has caused a lot of embarrassment to the NIS and in line with our standard as a paramilitary organisation, is considered scandalous and an act unbecoming of an officer and therefore a violation of PSR 030401 and 030402. This is a serious misconduct liable to dismissal from service. 

“In view of the foregoing, therefore, you are requested to make a representation, if any, within 72 hours on receipt of this letter why disciplinary action should not be taken against you.”

Falz’s 'Bop Daddy' video, inspired by the Coronavirus lockdown, has made several top music charts across Nigeria and beyond in recent days for its message and ability to grip viewers’ attention.

In August 2018, the National Broadcasting Commission, banned ‘This is Nigeria’ a widely received by Falz.

According to the agency, part of the song contained vulgar language and therefore inappropriate for public consumption.

The Muslim Right Concern also accused him of using the video of the song to ridicule Islam, a claim which was widely condemned by Nigeria of all religions.

Falz has won several local and international awards for his music, which often exposes the ills in the society and exposes government’s insincerity to the people.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/20/nigerian-immigration-service-threatens-sack-employees-participating-falz-‘bop-daddy’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=othlTxYNIKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHiXllheA14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Blue3k2: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
Quick question did you guys fire the idiots extorting people for their passports? It's interesting how government agencies are ready to tackle these sort of trivial issues. They should not do the challenge in uniform if it's agsinst their code of conduct.

431 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by ignis: 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
It is unfortunate our uniform men and women no longer respect the uniform.

It is disrespectful, embarrassing, awkward, shameful, absurd, demeaning, degrading and unprofessional for a uniformed immigration officer to be doing bop bop daddy challenge with her uniform.

However it is more acceptable and pleasing to the eyes than a uniformed policeman or soldier collecting #20 tip boldly in broad day light under the son, bullying and killing innocent citizens.

Anyways what did I know?

I rest my case.

210 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
Our uniform men of these days are more of slay kings and queens..

Gone are the days of thorough military/ Paramilitary men and women!

I won't be Suprised if members of the Armed Forces engage in such ..

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Stalwert: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
Blue3k2:
Quick question did you guys fire the idiots extorting people for their passports?
[/s]

Did you report them? Let the immigration service discipline its staff in line with their code of conduct. You guys coming on social media is not helping them.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Blue3k2: 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
Stalwert:

Did you report them? Let the immigration service discipline its staff in line with their code of conduct. You guys coming on social media is not helping them.
[/s]

Curruption apologist they're on video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2-w8OEpQxo

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Stalwert: 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
Blue3k2:

Curruption apologist they're on video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2-w8OEpQxo
[/s]

Corruptionist? if you have a modicum of common sense, send it to them to act upon, send it to Code of Conduct, send it to EFCC but to use the video as a basis for Immigration not to sanction erring staff is promoting corruption you pretend to abhor. Like I said you are not helping them by creating outrage over a behaviour immigration deems to fall short of their code of conduct.

I pray to see a time when youths can use their common sense in dealing with issues the same people who advance human rights to free the likes of Dasuki and the same fools that will complain that corruption is bad.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by DanseMacabre(m): 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
This is highly unprofessional, to say the least. But then, have our military/paramilitary personnel ever been professional

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by yenereal(m): 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
shocked
Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Blue3k2: 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
Stalwert:

Corruptionist? if you have a modicum of common sense, send it to them to act upon, send it to Code of Conduct, send it to EFCC but to use the video as a basis for Immigration not to sanction erring staff is promoting corruption you pretend to abhor. Like I said you are not helping them by creating outrage over a behaviour immigration deems to fall short of their code of conduct.
[/s]

Lol stop rambling like a mumu. You're asking me to send this video but they found this one without assistance. NIS already knows there's systemic corruption which is why they choose to go cashless. There's been probes by the house. At the end of the day what's been achieved. Corruption apologists stop this foolish behavior.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Stalwert: 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
Blue3k2:

Lol stop rambling like a mumu. You're asking me to send this video but they found this one without assistance. NIS already knows there's systemic corruption which is why they choose to go cashless. There's been probes by the house. At the end of the day whats achieved. Corruption apologists stop this foolish behavior.
[/s]

I am so done with this.
Story..
COMPOUND FOOL: Immigration is corrupt so they should not sanction their erring officers.

Me: report such corruption to Immigration Office, but that cannot be a basis not to discipline erring officers.

COMPOUND FOOL: here is a video of corruption, they should not sanction erring officers.

Me: send your footage to immigration office, or send it to Code of conduct, or EFCC but the footage cannot be a basis for Immigrations not to sanction its officers

Compound Fool: foaming from the mouth acting like a deranged maniac.

Me: Bye compound Fool!

PS. The guy even lacks imagination that he has to plagiarize the moniker of someone he hopes to be. grin grin grin grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Blue3k2: 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
Stalwert:
[

I am so done with this.
Story..
COMPOUND FOOL: Immigration is corrupt so they should not sanction their erring officers.

Me: report such corruption to Immigration Office, but that cannot be a basis not to discipline erring officers.

COMPOUND FOOL: here is a video of corruption, they should not sanction erring officers.

Me: send your footage to immigration office, or send it to Code of conduct, or EFCC but the footage cannot be a basis for Immigrations not to sanction its officers

Compound Fool: foaming from the mouth acting like a deranged maniac.

Me: Bye compound Fool!
[/s]

Mumu why are still rambling? It's obvious you're more concerned about trivial dance than bribery and extortion. When did I say they shouldn't sanction erring officers. Nice strawman arguements mumu. Again they already know they're corrupt and know about the video already. They found this video and other articles written about them without assistance. Lol you're the only one stupid enough to think they're ignorant of the video.

Here's the proof below mumu: Again has anyone been fired?

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by BGSM: 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2020
I feel for her because of what she ll be going through henceforth. The street is highly not funny at all. We should be very careful of what we post whenever we are happy and whenever we are angry. This is a privilege opportunity that is about to be wasted, O My God. Opportunity that is difficult to come by due to lack of connection and money, despite our qualifications and moral maturity. This is part of the hazard of social media.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Blue3k2: 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2020
BGSM:
I feel for her because of what she ll be going through henceforth. The street is highly not funny at all. We should be very careful of what we post whenever we are happy and whenever we are angry. This is a privilege opportunity that is about to be wasted, O My God. Opportunity that is difficult to come by due to lack of connection and money, despite our qualifications and moral maturity. This is part of the hazard of social media.

Maybe they'll accept their apology or excuse so they keep their jobs. It would suck to get fired over something this trivial. Oh well rules are rules.

“In view of the foregoing, therefore, you are requested to make a representation, if any, within 72 hours on receipt of this letter why disciplinary action should not be taken against you.”

5 Likes

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by PlsSavemyLife: 9:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by paulolee(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
watch d video countless times in search of d xoo called "rather disturbing and embarrassing display of
indecent flaunting of your bodies"...naija sabi carry nonsense wey no even get meaning for head eeh..those ladies were jus having fun n they should forget this matter bcox of the video no trend dm for no talk abt am n as na falz de involved na to ban d music wey don already de trend..d country is a joke, instead of them to focus on giving remaining 5% thier own alert since the 75% in d north have gotten Thiers after all he once said he is for everybody and for nobody...

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by tasceige(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
They give priority to what doesn't count, and then say they ain't influenced by what'sup on social media..
There are corrupt officers that needs to be investigated but they won't do nothing because it's not on social media and they are benefitting from it. Carry bag commot for plane enter MM2 nah so so Roger Roger us you go dey hear.

What has this got to do with immigration code of conduct. (immmoral behaviour and sabotage) why do we keep having and voting the 1940s daddies and mummies to power.

I'm sick and tired of this honestly.
Hey, before you quote me, I need you to identify where the uniform got abused in that vid. It's more like saying posting picture of you in uniform is unethical.

27 Likes

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by joshjc(m): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
They should be sacked,just look at the way they were misbehaving on uniforms,no respect for the uniform ,(the uniform symbolises dignity) they were putting on,there are some jobs you don't behave any how

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Belugaice1: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
shocked
Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by starbuck(f): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
Government for the North and by the North

5 Likes

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Coronavirus1: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
Why now

2 Likes

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by mechanics(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
I pity those officers, they should have got permission from their superiors either to partake in the challenge or not.
Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
cheesy
Lol

They didn't slay much sha o TBH

1 Like

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by julioralph(m): 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Chimookigwe: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Funny fools. Immigration Service that is an association of uniformed beggars disgracing Nigeria at the airports like almajiris.

They are bored and need something to do. Let them draft Immigration to go and fight Boko Haram. Put them in that Lake Chad area let them get busy.

20 Likes

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by IamRotimi: 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
It's now a crime to catch fun. Hmmmm.

Maybe other professions will have to sanction their employees too. Because I saw some doctors and military ladies who were also involved in popdaddy/don'trush challenge. Even US Military ladies were involved in the challenge.

8 Likes

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
This matter has been treated on Twitter already.

1 Like

Re: Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees by engrrichie92(m): 10:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
e no make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland / Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.