Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,322 members, 7,860,771 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:59 PM

Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe (652 Views)

Switzerland To Transfer $300Million Abacha Loot To Nigeria – Minister / Recent Picture Of Former Nigeria Minister Of Petroleum Alison Madueke / Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe by Nwazo(m): 9:51pm On Oct 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoXk444L30U

Nigerian Foreign Minister Ojo Maduekwe was on CNN in the video link up top talking about Nigeria winning a seat at the U.N. security council and accomplishments Nigeria is looking forward to achieve.
Re: Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe by redsun(m): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2009
Beast of no nations,who gives a mess?Empty monstrous barrels.They deliberately create problems to solve just for the game to live,money making.
Re: Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe by naijamini(m): 2:31am On Oct 29, 2009
I actually enjoyed watching this. The foreign minister was well-dressed, composed and articulate even if he did not say much. But this is a good representation of Nigeria, but only a very small start.

Maduekwe needs to reorganize our foreign embassies to serve as real outposts to serve Nigeria and Nigerian interests around the globe.
Re: Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe by nex(m): 4:53am On Oct 29, 2009
I don't like the man personally, but I know Ojo Madueke is one of the best and most experienced diplomats anywhere in the world today. I still wonder how he didn't make Minister of Information, though I feel Foreign Ministers suits him all the same.

And please the amn said a lot for the little time he had and in line with the questions asked.

Nigeria's role in global security
The African Continent showing appreciation to Nigeria through the massive votes
Preventive Diplomacy to avoid violence is what Nigeria wants to see the UN engage more in
Providing solution for injustice, electoral failure, and pandemics
70% of issues discussed at the UN are about Africa, so we should have a permanent member.

@naijamini

how is it possible for you to say the man didn't say much? Abeg, he repped to the fullest.
Re: Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe by puskin: 5:08am On Oct 29, 2009
Madueke is only a minister cos he's a mega PDP stalwart.
Re: Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe by naijaking1: 5:18am On Oct 29, 2009
He speaks well, at least they did not superimposed an English teleprompter to translate his "English" for us.
Another person that makes me proud in the Foreign service is Ibrahim Gambari.
Re: Success In Nigeria - Minister Ojo Maduekwe by SkyBlue1: 5:46am On Oct 29, 2009
He kept dodging and prancing around the fundamental question of what the government had actually done; the interviewer could see this and kept trying to ask the question differently. Also, he told what I thought was a blatant lie. The federal government is trying to reduce the size of government and make it leaner and more efficient? So what about Ministry of Niger Delta?

(1) (Reply)

'after 10 Years, Your State Of Origin May Change' / What Have Your Country Done For You? / Deregulation: Govt. Should Not Peg The Price Of Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.