Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81127 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^^
Y'all just wanna give peeps the dreaded heart attack. Why won't your guys just put bodies around the basket and force the heat to settle for jump shots.
Mavs win game 3 and they can start dreaming cos 'em heat surely aren't joking about
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
If Dallas wanna won this series, they will have to:
Rebound
Pass well and not loosely
Stop the turnovers
Play like they really want the ring . . . . .
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Roland17(m): 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
when Doc Rivers accused the heats of cheeky play, many tot he was bias, but its obvious, Miami players act better than many Hollywood stars, it's becoming irritating and am happy the press is talking more about it, but i guess it did not change their attitude yesterday, as they went on, especially LBJ on the dive and cry spree, but thank God for Stevenson yesterday , those 3points were huge.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2011
Roland17:

when Doc Rivers accused the heats of cheeky play, many tot he was bias, but its obvious, Miami players act better than many Hollywood stars, it's becoming irritating and am happy the press is talking more about it, but i guess it did not change their attitude yesterday, as they went on, especially LBJ on the dive and cry spree, but thank God for Stevenson yesterday , those 3points were huge.

But this is not only peculiar to Miami heat player, it is all NBA Players
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Roland17(m): 5:00am On Jun 09, 2011
@fhemmmy
why does the question about diving and whining come up every time wade, LBJ and Bosh are interviewed, you need to watch a little closer brother.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
Roland17:

@fhemmmy
why does the question about diving and whining come up every time wade, LBJ and Bosh are interviewed, you need to watch a little closer brother.

Hahahahahaha . . . not at all, Sir.
I am not particular about any player, but if you notice well, almost all the NBA players are good at it, Dirk whines too and made Dallas concede some buckets.
Kobe is good at it, even Jordan during his time was good at acting, i just think the referees need to find a way to penalize those actors and let us have a fun and fair game, not just cos one person is a star player should make the game boring.
Like i said earlier, i like both teams, so whoever wins, for me it is champaign popping
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
Actually Phemmy, Roland has a strong point.

I've been watching the NBA for a long time now and I don't recall seeing so many flops that were being rewarded by the refs - and especially since its the 'superstars' who are shamelessly doing it. So many so blatant by Lebron, Wade and Bosh - back in the Chicago series and even in the Boston series as well. I've never seen Dirk flop. Flopping is different from complaining and whining. I've not seen Kobe flop either. Players of his calibre do not need to flop, they have the skills to win legitimately.

And this becomes a big problem when you have the last 3 games that have been decided by 2-3 points. Rewarding a flop with a foul and 2 free throws is a humongous deal. The league has to do something about it.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
JeSoul:

Actually Phemmy, Roland has a strong point.

I've been watching the NBA for a long time now and I don't recall seeing so many flops that were being rewarded by the refs - and especially since its the 'superstars' who are shamelessly doing it. So many so blatant by Lebron, Wade and Bosh - back in the Chicago series and even in the Boston series as well. I've never seen Dirk flop. Flopping is different from complaining and whining. I've not seen Kobe flop either. Players of his calibre do not need to flop, they have the skills to win legitimately.

And this becomes a big problem when you have the last 3 games that have been decided by 2-3 points. Rewarding a flop with a foul and 2 free throws is a humongous deal. The league has to do something about it.

I do agree that flop and complaining and whinning are not same.
You might not have seen Dirk Flop, but i have seen him couple of times, in game 3 of this series, he did once, however, he never got the call and he stayed back to whine, while Miami punished them with nice layoff.
I do agree it is annoying, and i would like to see the referees to stop rewarding such with free throws, cos it takes away from the fun of the game.

Tonight's game would be fun
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

[b]You might not have seen Dirk Flop, but i have seen him couple of times, in game 3 of this series, he did once, however, he never got the call and he stayed back to whine,
Lol. I bet if he did, it was not nearly as blatant as anything we've seen from the Cryami Cheat.

while Miami punished them with nice layoff.
Mehn, you just touched on a pet peeve of mine. lol. I so hate when players stay back to argue a non-call while the other team races down the court for an easy layup. Pierce used to do that so much the thing annoys me ehn. lol.

Tonight's game would be fun
Should be. If Dallas loses this game, its over. Because they cannot expect to go on the road and win 2 in a row coming back from deficits like they've been doing.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
JeSoul:

Lol. I bet if he did, it was not nearly as blatant as anything we've seen from the Cryami Cheat.
Mehn, you just touched on a pet peeve of mine. lol. I so hate when players stay back to argue a non-call while the other team races down the court for an easy layup. Pierce used to do that so much the thing annoys me ehn. lol.
  Should be. If Dallas loses this game, its over. Because they cannot expect to go on the road and win 2 in a row coming back from deficits like they've been doing.

Lol @ CryaMI . . . what a nice one . . . . .
All i am saying is that Dallas needs to just focus on playing and behave like they want this championship.

I just hope, i will be home early enough to see most part of the game, cant wait
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Jaybee
I experienced every emotion known to man that night

Tonight is the night! I doubt Lebron would have 2 bad nights in a row the key is hoping just 2 or preferably 1 member of the big three have a good game.

What we need is Jason Kidd back to his efficient best every possession counts and the margin for error is so slim

Better rebounding won't hurt! They shouldn't get a 2nd chance to make missed shots and limit our time on the ball

I think we are due a high scoring night hopefully the Mavericks end on the right end

Finally I hope they play this game like a game 7 cos there may be no game 7 if the Mavericks don't win tonight
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Roland17(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2011
@fhemmmy
On Wednesday, this is what Barkley had to say about the Heat, on ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago:
"Listen, if the Miami Heat were playing the Washington Generals I would pick the Washington Generals," Barkley said with a chuckle. "It's something about that team that annoys me.
"They just a whiny bunch and I can't root for them."
That's Charles Barkley opinion, same for Mike Jackson and Jeff. its a known fact, they hope to whine to the title.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 3:32am On Jun 10, 2011
Just what the Doctor ordered! A high scoring night! 60-57 Mavericks lead at the half

I love the way they closed the half on a 14-5 run. Hopefully complacency doesn't creep in!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Katsumoto: 4:02am On Jun 10, 2011
Why is heat always weak in the second half, especially in the finally quarter?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by annita19(f): 4:13am On Jun 10, 2011
No they re not.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:14am On Jun 10, 2011
That's cos they run out of gas after defending intensively in the first three.

Mr Dirk Mr Clutch its ur quarter do ya thang
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Katsumoto: 4:24am On Jun 10, 2011
annita19:

No they re not.

The mavs either close the points gap in the final quarter or go past the heat. Thats what happened so far in the series

It seems the mavs have the advantage now
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by annita19(f): 4:25am On Jun 10, 2011
Shout up and watch until the final seconds lol
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:35am On Jun 10, 2011
Looks like the Heat want to flip the script but 6minutes is a lifetime in basketball
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by annita19(f): 4:41am On Jun 10, 2011
Game over
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:43am On Jun 10, 2011
10points in 2minutes. Oseeee J.Kidd
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Roland17(m): 4:56am On Jun 10, 2011
Dirk is a wizard, unguardable , one more road to cross, i love the fact we are taking the first ring in their face, cant wait to watch baby james, baby wade and baby bosh cry, grin grin its their hobby now
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:01am On Jun 10, 2011
Yes Boss!!!! Just one more game and its Redemption song

Nowitzki,JET,Kidd,Chandler where massive! You just knew that if the scores went to over hundred the Heat wouldn't cope

The gang brought their guns tonight tho! AK,s Tecs Macs
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:10am On Jun 10, 2011
High scoring game

Mavs woooooooooinnnnnnnnn
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:45am On Jun 10, 2011
@Roland
Dirk is a phenom! He will be 33 in less than ten days but balling like he's 23 no one in this league deserves a ring and Finals MVP more than him! Let's hope he and the gang can seal the deal in game 6 preferably like they did to us in 06. I'd hate for us to give em any hope and make the mistake the Celtics made last year cos the scenarios are similar.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by FBS: 8:26am On Jun 10, 2011
tam tam ta ra! cheesy

Mavs on a roll. 3 -2!

Will they feel the HEAT in game 6?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 9:54am On Jun 10, 2011
Dirkkkkkkkkkkkk
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
Roland17:

@fhemmmy
On Wednesday, this is what Barkley had to say about the Heat, on ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago:
"Listen, if the Miami Heat were playing the Washington Generals I would pick the Washington Generals," Barkley said with a chuckle. "It's something about that team that annoys me.
"They just a whiny bunch and I can't root for them."
That's Charles Barkley opinion, same for Mike Jackson and Jeff. its a known fact, they hope to whine to the title.

Trust me, i am not complaining and disputing your comment and that of everyone else.
All i am saying is that not only Heat does that, and when a team has 2 and half powerful star of a player, that happens.
However, i want the Dallas to go out there and make it happen, Ignores the whining of those dudes and just lay it all on the court and play like they really wants it . . . . Like someone said Dirk will be 33 years old very soon, and that means he has to do all he could do now to get that one ring, cos he might never get the opportunity ever again.
Now see game 5, they (Dallas) played with all in them and they won.
Now let them go to Miami and finish the job . . . Would be nice to see them do it in game 6 though.

But again, for me, i love both teams and whoever wins, i will pop champaign
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by rasputinn(m): 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
Dirk Nowitzki,Jason Terry and the unyielding Mavs are pulling the rug from under D'Wade,Bosh and LeBron's feet
What a comeback from being 1-2 down in the series to lead 3-2,just one game away from winning the championship

Kudos must go to Jason Terry and the Mavs team for stepping up their game and not waiting for Nowitzki alone to shoot 40+ points

Ha ha,even if the series is gonna be rounded off in Miami,my heart is with the Mavs to knick the championship,if not for any other thing,for the sake of Dirk Nowitzki,at the beginning of the finals;whilst the heats had 3 super stars to boast of,the Mavs could only look up to Dirk,work wan kill the guy before,then he broke his finger and was so laid back in one of his post-match interviews,then he struggled to play with flu,,,,,,please Miami just lose one more game
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
rasputinn:

Dirk Nowitzki,Jason Terry and the unyielding Mavs are pulling the rug from under D'Wade,Bosh and LeBron's feet
What a comeback from being 1-2 down in the series to lead 3-2,just one game away from winning the championship

Kudos must go to Jason Terry and the Mavs team for stepping up their game and not waiting for Nowitzki alone to shoot 40+ points

Ha ha,even if the series is gonna be rounded off in Miami,my heart is with the Mavs to knick the championship,if not for any other thing,for the sake of Dirk Nowitzki,at the beginning of the finals;whilst the heats had 3 super stars to boast of,the Mavs could only look up to Dirk,work wan kill the guy before,then he broke his finger and was so laid back in one of his post-match interviews,then he struggled to play with flu,,,,,,please Miami just lose one more game

Very true and his loyalty to Dallas from the start till now just marvels me . . . . . . The guy deserve at least one ring
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
Fhemmmy:

when a team has 2 and half powerful star of a player, that happens.
grin LOL . . . you're even generous self, make that 2 & 1/4 star players grin As far as I'm concerned there is nothing overly special about Chris Bosh. He's had some very good games these playoffs, but so has Zach Randolf tongue

Congrats to Dallas, TBforry & Dayo. Hopefully your boys can nail one more nail into the coffin and not let the zombies back out.

Dirk is just ridunculous. That 3pt high arc rainbow shot, he flipped up and it went all net shocked shocked shocked my goodness gracious, that one of the best shots of the playoffs. And Terry to me was the player of the game behind Dirk. JJ Barea finally showed up and contributed. Chandler picked up some key rebounds as well. All around nice solid game from the Mavs.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^^ I really feel you and Dirk seems to be playing some real basket ball . . . . even LBJ seems to be fading away in this series, wonder what is up with him

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply)

947 Stadium In Qatar Dismantled. Check Before And After photo. / See How Ladies Welcomed Atletico Madrid Players After Landing In Uyo. Photos / Meet Faiq Bolkiah, World's Richest Footballer, Richer Than Ronaldo, Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.