Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81079 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
It won't hurt to say it, Celtics are mightily strong. U could even say u guys were unlucky last season. Upon all. Tall still made the semis, u can't win everytime

injury is one if the things they most times can't control. . U can only pray

the strong teams I was hailing are te perenial ones, I agree teams currently on a hot streak like heat n co still need time befor being analysed.

About lebron, is he ready to be in a team like celtics who hav no relatively single star taking the whole spotlight n win a championship
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
lai-lai:

It won't hurt to say it, Celtics are mightily strong. U could even say u guys were unlucky last season. Upon all. Tall still made the semis, u can't win everytime

injury is one if the things they most times can't control. . U can only pray

True sha. But still you know how we Boston fans are cheesy we're spoiled.

the strong teams I was hailing are te perenial ones, I agree teams currently on a hot streak like heat n co still need time befor being analysed.
I don't think there's any real substance to the Heat. Wade's false foul calls and subsequent free throws can only carry them so far tongue

About lebron, is he ready to be in a team like celtics who hav no relatively single star taking the whole spotlight n win a championship
For real. The Cavs thought bringing Shaq would solve everything. Crunch time, Williams and co are standing around the perimeter like lost puppies, watching Lebron force up contested 3s.

All the shakara and picture taking of last year is a distant memory now lol.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 2:47am On Nov 03, 2009
JeSoul:

All the shakara and picture taking of last year is a distant memory now lol.

true. At least they had some fun times, there were sometimes I thought lebron would bring down my tv with his dunks. He's a real beast
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:40am On Nov 04, 2009
I heard of the Rondo/CP3 beef and i think CP3 over-reacted from what i heard Rondo told CP3 that he has won a ring and that CP3 might never win one
Newsflash Rondo!! CP3 would win a ring! but first he has to get his butt out of the Hornets but seriously CP3 should man up trash-talking is part of NBA if he played in the 90's he would probably cry after every game

A.I has started bitching about his role again!! Why didn't they just let him go to Greece or better yet retire!! I feel his pain sha its not like he is being benched on the Celtics team but he needs to accept the window has closed on him

Did anyone see Batmanu?? What was Ginobili thinking swatting a bat though?? If PETA catch am maybe he has not heard of Mike Vick
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2009
I heard CP was fighting with another player the next night . . . story was on espn.com.

The dude is just frustrated and needed an outlet lol cos players trash talk all the time and it is not meant to be taken personally unless 'mama' or 'wifey' is brought into it. Someone said Rondo probably told him "I'm going to be paid more than you"  grin

What happened with Iverson? I missed it . . .

A-40:

Did anyone see Batmanu?? What was Ginobili thinking swatting a bat though?? If PETA catch am maybe he has not heard of Mike Vick
lol abi oh. Did you see the press statement they released when Obama killed a fly during an interview months back? Those PETA people are insane and should all be institutionalized.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
lai-lai:

true. At least they had some fun times, there were sometimes I thought lebron would bring down my tv with his dunks. He's a real beast
Nah so ooo. Even me too dey feel the vibration for my house grin.

Look @ all of em' players hating on the best PG in the league. Una no get shame Mschewwwwwwww cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2009
rondo would never be half of what CP3 is.

It's easy to talk shit when 3 HOF's are behind you. where was that bravado when KG and ray allen weren't in boston. He had the same stunts in kentucky. he is too cocky for his own good. Kirk Hinrich should whoop his ass next time cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 11:54pm On Nov 04, 2009
Maybe he is having relationship issues. He is a better player than Rondo he should not react to taunts from a lesser one. He should learn from what Dirk did to Tim Thomas in 06

@Jesoul
A.I is unhappy about his role with the Grizzlies. Same ish different toilet

PETA are just idiots! Na too much enjoyment cause am

Dirk is a BEAST!! Anyone that thinks he is not think they know but they have no idea
2 stls,5 assists,5 blocks,40pts (29pts in the 4th) it doesn't get any more clutch than that

Apparently someone did not give Mike Miller the "don't wear any Lebron James paraphenalia" memo. He was wearing a cool pair of LBJ sneakers while the Wizards got their customary beatdown from Lebron and co. He might have as well asked for an autograph after the game y'all shoulda seen the looks from his mates
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 1:43am On Nov 05, 2009
bawomolo:

rondo would never be half of what CP3 is.

It's easy to talk shit when 3 HOF's are behind you. where was that bravado when KG and ray allen weren't in boston. He had the same stunts in kentucky. he is too cocky for his own good. Kirk Hinrich should whoop his ass next time cheesy
Don't mind the doofus jare. shior
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 3:52am On Nov 05, 2009
LOOL see these yeye people dissing Rondo, don't get me started!!!
Lmao @ "Lesser one"  embarassed I like CP3 and all but he should calm down jare, he knows Rondo is skinny. grin  Still my the man though!

JeSoul:

Chiogo, my dear, how is life in Amherst?  kiss
Life in Amherst is stressful jare, trying to survive. And how are you? kiss

Damn I've missed so many games, it's not even funny.

PS: Celtics are bullies  grin gotta love 'em!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:55pm On Nov 05, 2009
CP3 lovers abeg make we hear word jor . . .

Iverson should be the perfect case study for ya'll. After all the scoring titles, steals, flashy plays, mvps, all-star games etc . . . it is all meaningless without a ring. Until Paul gets his he will continue to endure trash talk from me. No be statistics we go chop jor.

Rondo has gotten his, whether it came under the heels of 3 HOFs or not, bottomline is he has gotten his and hence can open his mouth and talk. Everybody else go get ur own or eat you hearts out with jealousy cool

chiogo:

Life in Amherst is stressful jare, trying to survive. And how are you? kiss

Damn I've missed so many games, it's not even funny.

PS: Celtics are bullies grin gotta love 'em!
My sister I am well kiss take am easy out there sha, the semester will soon be over. In the meantime don't mind all these hatorade drinkers, Celtics shall continue to overcome cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2009
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/283627-pivot-points-kobe-or-lebron-is-no-debate-at-all

Pivot Points: "Kobe Or LeBron" Is No Debate At All by Hadarii Jones

Scribe Written on November 03, 2009
Harry How/Getty Images In the same manner in which Kobe Bryant was unfairly compared to Michael Jordan in the late 90's, the debate continues with LeBron James being similarly compared to Kobe.

Some fans and pundits have even had the temerity to go as far as saying that James has already surpassed Bryant as a player.

They re-inforce their arguments with statistics and the many milestones that James has accomplished at such an early age. Many of these same milestones are marks that Kobe held until James surpassed them.

There are areas of the game where James holds an advantage over Kobe, most noticeably the physical specimen department, but most arguments are based on the potential of James and not his current accomplishments.

The only problem with gazing into the crystal ball is that sometimes the present intervenes and renders all predictions useless. It's much better to live in the present, and based on that, the James argument doesn't hold up.

While both James and Bryant are great players, there are some areas that James has yet to catch up, and in some cases he never will.

The part of LeBron's game that has seen the biggest improvement is on the defensive end. He is still a much better help defender than ball defender, but his man to man defense is steadily improving.

As a youngster James was able to rely on his superior athletic ability to mask his shortcomings on the defensive end. He was simply able to overwhelm opponents with his quickness, size, and strength.

It was clear early in his career that he had the proper defensive principles, but he lacked the technique. His defensive posture was bad, and he had a habit of crossing his feet instead of sliding them.

James has taken steps to correct this and it's evident in his game, as he has become a better on ball defender which helps compliment his superior ball-hawking skills.

Kobe had no such problem, as he was an excellent defensive player from the time he entered the league. His man-to-man skills remain superb, and he has the ability to lock down an opponent almost at will.

Bryant was obviously schooled on the importance of defense and that can in part be attributed to his NBA lineage. He recognized the influence that getting stops has on a game and the way it contributed to swings in momentum.

Conversely, James is a product of the AAU circuit and the various summer leagues which place a low premium on defense and emphasize the highlight aspect of the game.

Michael Jordan's footprints are all over another aspect of Kobe's game, which is sometimes called the lost art of the mid-range jump shot.

It became the most dangerous weapon in Jordan's arsenal, and Bryant has emulated it to the barest degree. His ability to pull up from anywhere within 18 feet has made Bryant one of the most versatile offensive players in NBA history.

This is the part of LeBron's game that could use the most work, as all of his damage is done either from distance or at the rim, there is hardly any in-between.

A mid-range jumper is something that you have to work at, and the evidence is spread throughout the league, with only a handful of players showing the ability to master it.

Besides being the ultimate student of the game, Bryant is probably one of the most fundamentally sound. His techniques on both ends of the floor could be used in basketball tutorials.

James is no slouch in the fundamental department, but Bryant is above reproach. I'm not sure if even the most dedicated regimen could put James in Bryant's class, who may be second only to Jordan himself.

I feel that all of the above points are solid, but they can be argued, alas this one can't. The hardware disparity is real and it has grown since James has been in the league.

I have stated that it is fruitless to argue what James may accomplish in the future because we live in the present. The Kobe and Jordan argument would have never started if Kobe was unable to win a ring.

Charles Barkley and Karl Malone are considered two of the best power forwards to play the game, but they are trumped by Tim Duncan, and the argument will always end with the number of rings Duncan is wearing.

Likewise with John Stockton and Magic Johnson. Stockton may hold the assists record, but how many of those assists ever accounted for championships?

This is the final peg on which Kobe hangs his hat. LeBron has the potential to be the greatest player ever, but tomorrow is never promised.

I pay homage to the greatest active player today, who has the game and championships to back it up. Until LeBron wins a ring he will be relegated to second-hand status.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2009
I still can't believe Monica Lewinsky and the Mavs spanked our asses big time.
They will get theirs next time we meet.

Kobe showing Dream his post game last night.
Punishing Battier in the post, dropping fadeaways with picture-perfect form.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by davidif: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2009
C2H5OH
You are soooooooooo right. If anybody watched the playoffs last year they would realize that even comparing Lebron is so unfair because Kobe is waaaaaaaaaaay much better than him that its not even funny.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:50am On Nov 06, 2009
my bulls impressed me today.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2009
JeSoul:

My sister I am well kiss take am easy out there sha, the semester will soon be over. In the meantime don't mind all these hatorade drinkers, Celtics shall continue to overcome cool
Amen!!! And I'm taking it easy jare.

That brother of yours still goes to amherst? grin just asking oo. The African students association is dead!! Didn't you say he's the president or VP?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by MisterOsi(m): 2:38am On Nov 07, 2009
Anyone putting down bets that my boy, D-Wade is winning the mvp award this year?
Side note:CP3 is on a whole another level. You CANNOT compare Rondo with that,that beast. Rondo is just talking some raspy shi, but at the same time Paul is letting his emotions get the better of him.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 3:36am On Nov 07, 2009
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:10am On Nov 07, 2009
^^^^^ Oh Lawd Is that the same dude? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lebron has the potential to be the greatest ever? Really undecided Just like The Dream remains the greatest ever Center IMO, MJ would also remain the greatest ever cool cool cool.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 5:04am On Nov 07, 2009
that's really sammy sosa.

everyone looks good against the knicks. remember defense is a no-no for any d'antoni coached team.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by biina: 6:21am On Nov 07, 2009
Still cant believe that Miami handed Denver their first loss; it was practically a blow out leading by 28pts at a point shocked
Heat are off to a great start of 5-1. I need to enjoy it while it lasts.
I feel Chalmers was a steal for them and will develop into a solid PG.
All we need is a quality big man (read Bosch or Amare) and a dynasty is not far off.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2009
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed Kobe's post-game fluorish this young season? It's fun to watch.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2009
achieve zilch with the Knickerbockers
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2009
No more unbeatens. The Nuggets and Celts got their asses kicked. Its a shame we wrote off the Suns it looks like they are not missing Shaq afterall, Nash and Amare are really killin it

Kobe made history against the Grizz becoming the youngest player to hit 24,000pts and he was sizzling with them post moves,baseline fade aways and crazy slam dunks i would love to see him and Lebron at the next dunk contest

When would the Mavs ever beat the Hornets?

Lebron also made history scoring at least 30pts 8reb 8ast for the 41st time more than Kobe,Melo and Vince Carter combined make we talk true Lebron is good but as Avery Johnson said and i would add if Lebron wants to go to Broadway chill at the Bloomberg or hang out in Tribeca or the 40/40 club with Jigga then he can join the Knicks but if he really wants a ring he has to move elsewhere cos that team is piss-poor. Mike D'Antoni should be fired for playing run and gun with that crappy team. Lebron would achieve zilch with em Knickerbockers
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by MisterOsi(m): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2009
I like how people are sucking Lebron off about the 33 points he scored against the (explicit) Knicks. What about D Wade handing Melo and the Nuggets the first loss of the season?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2009
A-40:

No more unbeatens. The Nuggets and Celts got their asses kicked. Its a shame we wrote off the Suns it looks like they are not missing Shaq afterall, Nash and Amare are really killin it

7-pts loss is not really an ass-kick  undecided Ass--kicking starts from the 20s and above, in my book anyway. But that was a really stupid game, man.
You're right, they don't seem to be missing oldie Shaq. Seeing how they came to Boston and bullied us.

I'm happy I was at work sha, started watching from 4th quarter. Such games are not worth watching the whole thing if it results in a loss.  angry

I don't think the Cavs are piss-poor, Mo' Williams, Varejao, West, and co are good players. They just have bad luck. They flex their muscles and still never win the championship.  smiley

Hmm, I thought this vitiligo(sp?) of a disease isn't that common. Everybody seems to be having it now.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2009
biina:

Still cant believe that Miami handed Denver their first loss; it was practically a blow out leading by 28pts at a point shocked
Heat are off to a great start of 5-1. I need to enjoy it while it lasts.
I feel Chalmers was a steal for them and will develop into a solid PG.
All we need is a quality big man (read Bosch or Amare) and a dynasty is not far off.

what's gonna happen when your shooting guard leaves for chicago? dynasty my ass.

shaq's love-vendor hand is strong.
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2009/11/shaqs-love-vendor-focus-is-strong-sleeping-with-gilbert-arenas-fiance-we-got-emails/
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by biina: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2009
bawomolo:

what's gonna happen when your shooting guard leaves for chicago? dynasty my ass.

shaq's love-vendor hand is strong.
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2009/11/shaqs-love-vendor-focus-is-strong-sleeping-with-gilbert-arenas-fiance-we-got-emails/
If u dream of Wade playing for Chicago, you should wake up and apologize grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 12:37am On Nov 08, 2009
biina:

If u dream of Wade playing for Chicago, you should wake up and apologize grin

Dwayne wade would rather play with derrick rose than be stuck with a lunatic like beasley cheesy

allen iverson just took a leave of absence from the grizzlies. this won't end well
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:02am On Nov 08, 2009
A.I should just retire or settle for a spot on the Cavs bench or better yet he could start at shooting guard till Delonte "Shina Rambo" West returns

@Chiogo
Hahaha i knew you would talk lol. I wasn't talkin about Lebron's team-mates i was talking about the Knicks
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2009
Bawo, don't knock on Sammy Sosa.  He's just putting on his best Michael Jackson impersonation.

As for The Canswer, he just needs to hang it up and retire before tarnishing his own legacy.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2009
he should go the gary payton route and play for a contender.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

947 Stadium In Qatar Dismantled. Check Before And After photo. / See How Ladies Welcomed Atletico Madrid Players After Landing In Uyo. Photos / Meet Faiq Bolkiah, World's Richest Footballer, Richer Than Ronaldo, Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.