Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (631658 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Alicella(f): 12:50am On Sep 05, 2017
No just try say u wan insult ur ancestor, i gallant.
Oboy them no dey win war/battle with mouth. Our people talk too freaking much. A dog that is all bark has no fight in it.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Alicella(f): 12:58am On Sep 05, 2017
Shut the hell up and plan with ur fellow niger delta people on how to strategically move Niger Delta forward by facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Alicella(f): 1:07am On Sep 05, 2017
If i give you time date and venue we are having our next meeting will you come? No be to come here come dey make noise. As for those militants u mentioned God will punish them well for us. They are also the same as the politicians.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 1:20am On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerdcritics:

Young Nigerians who are afraid to die but want to see things work.
Some of us will have to lay our lives for generation next to enjoy
But you can't make it work on faceless network.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Prudento: 4:19am On Sep 05, 2017
The actions of PTDF, NDDC, etc are all insensitive and provocative. It makes an already angry Nigerian mad and a peaceful one dissilusioned. Who knows them should tell them they have failed us.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 6:34am On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerdcritics:
My sister graduated from Aberdeen and she told me that there are Northerners who didn't write exams or do interviews but are ptdf scholars. in the list of scholars PTDF send yearly its more of Northerners. What sort of injustice. She even told me there is a boy when did his masters and straight away went to do phd with PTDF without an interview, because he didnt go back home after his masters.
Make una no worry soon na groundnut and Tomato money we go use fund PTDF. Rubbish!!!
My friend is not peculiar to any tribe or region, I also have some friends from the ND and S-E who have gone to UK but are not studying at all, I also known some guys while Professor Appah Was The ES of PTDF who have gone to UK on PTDF scholarship without writing any test or any form of assessment.
Your utterance only display your ignorance about the country you are living in

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2017

If I may ask, how many scholarships are awarded in Nigeria from the oil and gas sector.
I know of
PTDF
NDDC
Agbami
Afam
Shell
Agip
NLNG
Ministry of Nigeria delta
Amnesty
Exxon Mobil
Total
To mention but a few, and tell me which one is a criteria to be from the North? None.
But all or some is purely for Southerners, a northerner don't apply because he knows he is not going to get it.
Despite a northerner is not complaining doesn't mean he is comfortable with all the shits you are throwing at him.
He is just humble

4 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 7:04am On Sep 05, 2017
adakoleagbenu:

lol I could be from the east or west na. � lol

your name don cast you, Mr Benue...lol...
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 7:07am On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerdcritics:

The man on the floor fears nothing, we Niger Deltans have always been on the loosing end. Nigeria cant be said to be owned by hausa fulanis alone. From their actions they have shown too much disrespect for us. The country nothing but an animal kingdom where some animals think they deserve more than others
Bros I am from the North and lived all my life in Niger Delta, tell me were someone from the North say Nigeria belongs to him only, or claim any solemn right to himself.
But all the time what I see is people from the south calling northerners with names, ingrates, traitors, born to rule , parasites and so many names.
But you guys are always blackmailing and threatening to destroy the country and it's revenue source.
For what na
No bi same market, same school, same church same road, same water wu na drink?
If we channel our anger all the people that are stealing the very scars resources we have then things could be better.
But me and u no get shi shi and we are still here insulting each other
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2017
adakoleagbenu:
una sure say oss go dey dis year
In my opinion PTDF is trying to optimize the what it has , instead of sponsoring 1scholar to study in UK with high tuition fees they opt to sponsor 5 to 10 scholar in countries with free tuition fee for international students.
And in the other hand, we have Been complaining about our state of education and our institution in Nigeria, so instead of taking the huge money abroad they choose the option of spending in country through LSS thereby improving the institutions and it's infrastructure.
And the delay might be due the pairing of the courses you filled in while applying for PTDF and the relevant institution that offered those courses.

I do not believe someone could just sit down and do nothing just because he wants you missed September intake.
(just my opinion)

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 8:49am On Sep 05, 2017
guiddoti:
But you can't make it work on faceless network.
The basic principles in life is "stay alive" and make yourself useful.
There's no hero in war, hero is the one who prevent the war.
War is ugly and characterized by destruction.
There's no winner in war.
Our greatest weapon is an education because it will shape our ways of reasoning

4 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by marttynz007: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2017
Sebago1:
Hi bro!

Sent you a dm.

Please I need advice, applied for LSS, got the mail, doing my phd in RSUST, thinking of changing to any other university in Nigeria, any advice on that? It's Elect Engineering though, please advice.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by marttynz007: 8:56am On Sep 05, 2017
Please I need advice, applied for LSS, got the mail, doing my phd in RSUST, thinking of changing to any other university in Nigeria, any advice on that? It's Elect Engineering though, please advice
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerdcritics:

The man on the floor fears nothing, we Niger Deltans have always been on the loosing end. Nigeria cant be said to be owned by hausa fulanis alone. From their actions they have shown too much disrespect for us. The country nothing but an animal kingdom where some animals think they deserve more than others
Please exchange location, go and stay in North and let those in the North come and stay in Niger Delta
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerdcritics:
Nigeria a useless country that the majority of its young people are so stupid not to act when the elites have totally kept them in bondage. How will anyone come on online and be deceiving his or herself that ptdf is not a scam and a conduit for northerners.
I have oil and gas in my farmland and shell and Agip and NNPC exploring it to our detriment and you idiot who has never seen the color of crude come here to abuse me. Do you know what we suffer in our communities, do you think the contaminated water and air we drink and breath respectively is what we want our next generation to drink? Just wait,in a couple of years you will not have this guts to talk to us like you are doing now. Thunder fire you 200000 times.

Guy try and travel outside Nigeria, you will realize that only Nigeria you can call home
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by chukzy4u(m): 9:17am On Sep 05, 2017
Now we have left the course of this Thread to discuss something else.
Please, let's refocus on the right path and that's ptdf lss & oss.
Lss people still have things to ask and need direction/guidance.
Others are Still waiting for the oss list like me.
Fingers crossed...

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2017
chukzy4u:
Now we have left the course of this Thread to discuss something else.
Please, let's refocus on the right path and that's ptdf lss & oss.
Lss people still have things to ask and need direction/guidance.
Others are Still waiting for the oss list like me.
Fingers crossed...
Bros, if heard anything please share, we are all waiting for this things together
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by BRAINNY(m): 9:50am On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerdcritics:
My sister graduated from Aberdeen and she told me that there are Northerners who didn't write exams or do interviews but are ptdf scholars. in the list of scholars PTDF send yearly its more of Northerners. What sort of injustice. She even told me there is a boy when did his masters and straight away went to do phd with PTDF without an interview, because he didnt go back home after his masters.
Make una no worry soon na groundnut and Tomato money we go use fund PTDF. Rubbish!!!

You aren't mistaken. It's a common thing with them. A friend who is a northerner told me same. Even showed me the guy that benefited. He even used PTDF to study Accounting & Finance which is obviously not one of the listed courses. The same thing is happening in TETFUND. Marginalization every where. I ought to be away by now too but for the gross ineptitude and biases of those in authority.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by BasDost: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2017
I don't know whether it was so for the junior staffs, but I can assure everyone that a good number of the senior staffs at the PTDF towers were in office yesterday despite the public holiday. I will reiterate that I don't know any reasons behind the "unprofessional" handling of this year's announcement of award winners, but everything from my short conversation with one of the senior staffs shows that the lists will be released, or perhaps the successful scholars will be contacted any moment from today, running through the week.

PS: Everyone will know their fates before the week runs out according to the most authentic of sources. No insults please, I am only making known to one and all the new information in my hands.

4 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by manaja87: 10:02am On Sep 05, 2017
BasDost:
I don't know whether it was so for the junior staffs, but I can assure everyone that a good number of the senior staffs at the PTDF towers were in office yesterday despite the public holiday. I will reiterate that I don't know any reasons behind the "unprofessional" handling of this year's announcement of award winners, but everything from my short conversation with one of the senior staffs shows that the lists will be released, or perhaps the successful scholars will be contacted any moment from today, running through the week.

PS: Everyone will know their fates before the week runs out according to the most authentic of sources. No insults please, I am only making known to one and all the new information in my hands.
Thanks for the info!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by BRAINNY(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerdcritics:

They are all accomplices. Guy if you are from Niger Delta and you are not angry, you either live in lagos, abuja, abroad, or Port Harcourt and you don't go to your community if they actually have gas or crude. Northerners who are alive have oil wells in my community, an Hausa Fulani man is holding PTDF scholarship list because he wants to fix his brother in a scholarship that is funded by funds gotten from resources taken from my community. Please if you have not gotten to the point of vexing, I am vexed. My sister is a distinction graduate from Uniport and imagine that it was Commonwealth scholarship she traveled with. Guy allow me to vex, if I have my way I will do worse.

You have a case my brother. Pls, house give him space to vex. If I tell you how close I was before this president came made changes and brought his cronies on board, you'll invite me over for a ‘vexation timeout'. I'm really pained by events in this country. BTW, I rep the resources raped southsouth.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2017
BasDost:

We've heard that bolded before.

The reality now is that very few OSS scholars will be able to proceed for studies this year due to the time lag - or if you like the African Time- and impropriety on the side of the PTDF. PTDF has just shown again that things organized by Nigerians, Africans and Blacks generally - with the exception of few - lack organization! Tell me one Black nation that is working normally. I don't know if it's a spiritual, psychological or cultural problem or all of the above. God save the Black race.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 1stPolymath(m): 10:17am On Sep 05, 2017
They hv come again.

If u like give 100 reasons for d delay, it still won't make any atom of sense, it just can't. Only gullible pple will buy that
MTX321:

In my opinion PTDF is trying to optimize the what it has , instead of sponsoring 1scholar to study in UK with high tuition fees they opt to sponsor 5 to 10 scholar in countries with free tuition fee for international students.
And in the other hand, we have Been complaining about our state of education and our institution in Nigeria, so instead of taking the huge money abroad they choose the option of spending in country through LSS thereby improving the institutions and it's infrastructure.
And the delay might be due the pairing of the courses you filled in while applying for PTDF and the relevant institution that offered those courses.

I do not believe someone could just sit down and do nothing just because he wants you missed September intake.
(just my opinion)

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 05, 2017
austaga:
I weep for my country Nigeria! We the youths of Nigeria shouldn't allow our leaders mostly politicians to continue playing with our heads! They are the once gaining from this tribalism. They put this tribalism thing in our heads just to confuse and distract us while they continue their looting and lack of accountability style of leadership undisturbed. Our major problem in this nation is our leaders both in the North and in the south.

My fellow Nigerian youths let's stand up and say no to this bad leadership. That's the bane of our problem! That's the reason why we applied for a scholarship since December last year that the academic calendar is supposed to commence this September and till now we have not known our faiths. our problem in this nation Is not Hausa, is not Yoruba, is not igbo, is not ijaw, is not itshekiri, is not uhrobo, isn't igala... etc Our problem is our leaders! they have failed us all.

Bad Leadership is Nigeria's biggest problem. It's shouldn't be hard for a 5 year old to figure that out.

I smile every time I see Southerners agitate for independence (majorly through violence and oil/gas hostage situations). I smile because it isn't the way to go. I feel even the most educated ones talk with so much ignorance.

Okay let's for a second assume that Biafra is given independence. What happens?

The road won't fix themselves, the economy won't fix itself. With bad leadership, nothing is going to change. I have been living in Port harcourt for about 8 months now and I haven't spotted any "reasonable" ongoing government funded construction project!

Normally I feel ya'll should should be asking where all the allocation/budget is going to, but no you're all distracted. An intentional plot by a group to shift your focus while they steal your future.

All Biafra States have received N260.22 billion in federal allocations in 2017 alone while all south-west (Afonjas like you call them) states have received less than half this figure. Go to Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and the rest and see massive projects their governments are commissioning.

To put things in perspective for you Nigerdcritics, Akwa Ibom State statutory state allocation since January to now is almost 7 times that of Ogun State. What these two states do with this lump sum is what makes the difference.

Let's stay woke and demand good leadership. It's our collective right as Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by BRAINNY(m): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2017
Prudento:
The actions of PTDF, NDDC, etc are all insensitive and provocative. It makes an already angry Nigerian mad and a peaceful one dissilusioned. Who knows them should tell them they have failed us.

The most painful one is that of being aware of the resumption date of most scholars, yet delaying “The List."
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by BasDost: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2017
DreManuel:

We've heard that bolded before.

The reality now is that very few OSS scholars will be able to proceed for studies this year due to the time lag - or if you like the African Time- and impropriety on the side of the PTDF. PTDF has just shown again that things organized by Nigerians, Africans and Blacks generally - with the exception of few - lack organization! Tell me one Black nation that is working normally. I don't know if it's a spiritual, psychological or cultural problem or all of the above. God save the Black race.

To you first point, yes we have sir. I had earlier been told, like I posted some days back, that the list of award winners would be published before Sallah break. And sadly- although giving some glimpses of hope, it turned out that only LSS scholars were contacted. To be sincere, the biggest failure of the PTDF this year has been the huge communication gap between the agency and we applicants. We all deserve to know beyond following sources or mere speculations. But what can we do? Even the present FG which I'm a big supporter of has shamefully exhibited similar traits in relation to its citizens on different national issues.

I understand your anger brother, and I share same. I am only forcing myself to believe that if selected there is a chance I will make it to the UK for the September term, but realistically I know it will be very very much unlikely. And sadly, all the programmes I have admissions in have no January start date. To compound to that, I had to let go one BEA-like scholarship offer I received, just so I could wait to hear from the more favorable PTDF scholarship.

Ameen to your last point. It is sad. I just hope this delay will by the Grace of Almighty be a bliss in disguise for us, either we will eventually get the scholarship or not. Finally, the fact that some information we put here do not always turn out to be true despite coming from authentic sources, it won’t stop me from passing whatever little information I have in my grasps so that we can at least keep our hopes alive, no matter how little they might be. Thank you sir.

4 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Episteme2(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2017
NairaSand:

Bad Leadership is Nigeria's biggest problem. It's shouldn't be hard for a 5 year old to figure that out.

I smile every time I see Southerners agitate for independence (majorly through violence and oil/gas hostage situations). I smile because it isn't the way to go. I feel even the most educated ones talk with so much ignorance.

Okay let's for a second assume that Biafra is given independence. What happens?

The road won't fix themselves, the economy won't fix itself. With bad leadership, nothing is going to change. I have been living in Port harcourt for about 8 months now and I haven't spotted any "reasonable" ongoing government funded construction project!

Normally I feel ya'll should should be asking where all the allocation/budget is going to, but no you're all distracted. An intentional plot by a group to shift your focus while they steal your future.

All Biafra States have received N260.22 billion in federal allocations in 2017 alone while all south-west (Afonjas like you call them) states have received less than half this figure. Go to Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and the rest and see massive projects their governments are commissioning.

To put things in perspective for you Nigerdcritics, Akwa Ibom State statutory state allocation since January to now is almost 7 times that of Ogun State. What these two states do with this lump sum is what makes the difference.

Let's stay woke and demand good leadership. It's our collective right as Nigerians.
Please, you guys should take these your narratives to politics section. This one, PTDF Scholarship, that we are talking about now is an urgent case study at hand, not states allocation and what they do with it. Good a thing, this one concerns everybody. So, what have we done since to hold PTDF accountable? I hate to hear this bad leadership rhetoric without any action as if it is peculiar only to a particular state or region.

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Winston91(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2017
please, can we just keep quiet and see the OSS mails sent tommorrow?

All of you pushing ethnic agenda are all MAD

#LetsStayInPeace Abeg

OneLove

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 05, 2017
Episteme2:

Please, you guys should take these your narratives to politics section. This one, PTDF Scholarship, that we are talking about now is an urgent case study at hand, not states allocation and what they do with it. Good a thing, this one concerns everybody. So, what have we done since to hold PTDF accountable? I hate to hear this bad leadership rhetoric without any action as if it is peculiar only to a particular state or region.

I'd love to abide by the "no derailing" rule but there's absolutely zero way we'd debate the cause of "the List" delay without talking about the management and administration.....plus a lot of war sympathizers were already going Arewa, Afonja are our problem. We already lost a page to their rants, why not direct your "advice" to them!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by barnybarbs: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2017
Till the list is out, i will just be listening to my Naughty boy featuring Sam Smith w.r.t all these discussions which are all but helpful.....
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 11:14am On Sep 05, 2017
DeniseKendricks:

your name don cast you, Mr Benue...lol...
ignore the name o. I b Yoruba boy. name is for anonymous purposes
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2017
Instead of you guys to use your writing skills to bombard PTDF via Twitter, y'all are here majoring on the minors— on things that can never change, at least in the nearest future. The North will continue to lord it over the South, despite their screaming inefficiencies, because politically they are united. Until the Igbos and Yorubas find a way to get along politically, this will continue.

It's as simple as that. I'm sure many of us know this unless we want to deceive ourselves.

Now can we drop this and head to Twitter to bombard PTDF? If a small protest can bring Buhari back to Nigeria, then we shouldn't underestimate the far-reaching impact of a Twitter-domiciled protest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (214) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.