Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,081 members, 7,859,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:21 PM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (631653 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2017
1stPolymath:
They hv come again.

If u like give 100 reasons for d delay, it still won't make any atom of sense, it just can't. Only gullible pple will buy that
Bros,
No bi only you Waka Come wo, we are all waiting and hoping,
I am just trying to keep my hope alive.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2017
adakoleagbenu:

ignore the name o. I b Yoruba boy. name is for anonymous purposes
hehe...issokay
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 1stPolymath(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
while waiting and hoping, stop creating excuses for PTDF. there's no excuse for their selfish and irresponsible actions
MTX321:

Bros,
No bi only you Waka Come wo, we are all waiting and hoping,
I am just trying to keep my hope alive.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
madridsta007:
Instead of you guys to use your writing skills to bombard PTDF via Twitter, y'all are here majoring on the minors— on things that can never change, at least in the nearest future. The North will continue to lord it over the South, despite their screaming inefficiencies, because politically they are united. Until the Igbos and Yorubas find a way to get along, this will continue.

It's as simple as that. I'm sure many of us know this unless we want to deceive ourselves.

Now can we drop this and head to Twitter to bombard PTDF? If a small protest can bring Buhari back to Nigeria, then we shouldn't underestimate the far-reaching impact of a Twitter-domiciled protest.

I was wrong about you. Please receive my unreserved apology.

6 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thumbs up bro for your spirit of brotherhood.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
DreManuel:

Thank you, apology accepted. Thumbs up for this. Asides the initial shock that is an appendage of such accusations, lol, I did not take it too personal.

Now, let's put our eyes on the ball.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
MTX321:

In my opinion PTDF is trying to optimize the what it has , instead of sponsoring 1scholar to study in UK with high tuition fees they opt to sponsor 5 to 10 scholar in countries with free tuition fee for international students.
And in the other hand, we have Been complaining about our state of education and our institution in Nigeria, so instead of taking the huge money abroad they choose the option of spending in country through LSS thereby improving the institutions and it's infrastructure.
And the delay might be due the pairing of the courses you filled in while applying for PTDF and the relevant institution that offered those courses.

I do not believe someone could just sit down and do nothing just because he wants you missed September intake.
(just my opinion)
Which optimization without deadlines? Stop justifying inefficiency of organization and nation that lack proper planning.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by yildaz: 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
@geobukky I sight u.

After winning NDDC, you want PTDF abi. It is all good because NDDC scholarship is prison.

All our leaders her wicked and same. They all have same interest. APC and PDP are same. Same people controlling us for decades. Yet you guys are fighting here while the elites dine together.

We should tweet and Bombard them. Carry placard and disgrace them. Let us unite like how the elites unite to steal our resources and marry themselves. Open your eyes masses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by lordblynx(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
I've always maintained that the reasons for this delay are not far fetched. Assuming from a state, the governor sends 2 names, senator 2 names, Reps member 2 names and names coming from other senior men. How will they (PTDF) cope? Who will they favour over the other? Not forgetting that they MAY still consider merit.
If some people could get pins on exam day, what more when it comes to being shortlisted?
Some few years back, the crowd sitting for scholarships wasn't this large owing to ignorance. But with Internet at everyone's finger tips, more people (scholars+politicians) are informed and qualified hence rigorous nature of selecting.
I sat for BEA in 2005 (undergraduate), some of the state's had only 2-5 candidates sitting for Msc. In that case chances of getting shortlisted were high. Today multitudes from a state are sitting for the exam with a large percentage having one connection (contact of influence) or the other.
God help us!

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by yildaz: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
lordblynx:
I've always maintained that the reasons for this delay are not far fetched. Assuming from a state, the governor sends 2 names, senator 2 names, Reps member 2 names and names coming from other senior men. How will they (PTDF) cope? Who will they favour over the other? Not forgetting that they MAY still consider merit.
If some people could get pins on exam day, what more when it comes to being shortlisted?
Some few years back, the crowd sitting for scholarships wasn't this large owing to ignorance. But with Internet at everyone's finger tips, more people (scholars+politicians) are informed and qualified hence rigorous nature of selecting.
I sat for BEA in 2005 (undergraduate), some of the state's had only 2-5 candidates sitting for Msc. In that case chances of getting shortlisted were high. Today multitudes from a state are sitting for the exam with a large percentage having one connection (contact of influence) or the other.
God help us!

you are right. we are bombarding Twitter and their Partner in crime Flexisafsupport.

They have finished putting names of their own in the list. They will release substituted lists. They also have separate politician lists and politicized Nysc award list all going for OSS. They will give only little lucky ones OSS and put d masses on LSS claiming recession. They reduce the masses slots . You all should know this already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
guiddoti:
Which optimization without deadlines? Stop justifying inefficiency of organization and nation that lack proper planning.
Guy, what I said was my opinion and I did not force anyone to second to it, you are also entitle to your opinion.
If you consider the delay as inefficiency that's your problem, I am also not happy with the delay because I am expected to resume on the 4th of September 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Chevinsmedia: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
MTX321:

Guy, what I said was my opinion and I did not force anyone to second to it, you are also entitle to your opinion.
If you consider the delay as inefficiency that's your problem, I am also not happy with the delay because I am expected to resume on the [b]4th of September 2017

4th is just yesterday na, you can still resume. if the list comes out tomorrow, induction on Thursday, you can take-off on Friday then.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by suyuba123: 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chevinsmedia:

4th is just yesterday na, you can still resume. if the list comes out tomorrow, induction on Thursday, you can take-off on Friday then.

How would he take off on Friday? Visa application will definitely consume a week or so. Mehn PTDF have to do something oooo

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Episteme2(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chevinsmedia:

cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
MTX321:

If you consider the delay as inefficiency that's your problem, I am also not happy with the delay because I am expected to resume on the 4th of September 2017
So, all the post you have commented on other people's post is not their opinion, right.
Stop justifying inefficiency of PTDF, I repeat.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chevinsmedia:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
guiddoti:
So, all the post you have commented on other people's post is not their opinion, right.
Stop justifying inefficiency of PTDF, I repeat.
My man no vex, may God see us through
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MTX321: 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
yildaz:
@geobukky I sight u.

After winning NDDC, you want PTDF abi. It is all good because NDDC scholarship is prison.

All our leaders her wicked and same. They all have same interest. APC and PDP are same. Same people controlling us for decades. Yet you guys are fighting here while the elites dine together.

We should tweet and Bombard them. Carry placard and disgrace them. Let us unite like how the elites unite to steal our resources and marry themselves. Open your eyes masses
My man, I don't mind if I will have the NDDC one wo
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Dex4(m): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
BRAINNY:

The most painful one is that of being aware of the resumption date of most scholars, yet delaying “The List."

Most schools resume by 17th of September and the last date for issuing of CAS for Visa processing is 8th,after which one stands to lose his/her admission.

How do we get across to them, seems they don't read the complaints we post on here!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2017
MTX321:

My man no vex, may God see us through
I no vex. We don't pamper what's not proper.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
lordblynx:
God help us!
Lobatan grin
That part where governors bring 2, senators bring 2 each, House of Rep bring 2, what now remain? Make I go soak garri grin
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
lordblynx:
God help us!
lol
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Dex4:

Most schools resume by 17th of September and the last date for issuing of CAS for Visa processing is 8th,after which one stands to lose his/her admission.

How do we get across to them, seems they don't read the complaints we post on here!
Each school has two weeks latest date to resume. I am of opinion one can still meet up the date you posted that if the list is out this week and award letter is issued also
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by suyuba123: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
Someone was telling me that PhD OSS were called and issued award letter. Please how true is this information?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mailato: 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
is there any Phd OSS here, pls gives us d hints about it
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by otukpoyam(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
I just laugh. We go dy here, tomorrow dat list no go comot. They r jokers, dis ptdf

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by otukpoyam(m): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
For ptdf 2 delay oss, I doubt if anyone will b awarded for school with Sept resumption. Maybe October or January
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
otukpoyam:
For ptdf 2 delay oss, I doubt if anyone will b awarded for school with Sept resumption. Maybe October or January

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (214) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.