Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Because Am A Woman - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Because Am A Woman (595 Views)

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Queen Amina: The Real Strength In A Woman(video) / Unidentified Lifeless Body Of A Woman Found At Atai Street,Akwa Ibom(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Because Am A Woman by Diiverexii(f): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
"I am a woman. So what? I get into an argument with a man. He slaps me. I feel the pain. Yet they tell me I provoked him. I get into an argument with a man. I slap him. They tell me I have no respect. Like I don't have a right to be angry........ So, my level of respect for people is judged by my degree of silence in the face of brutality..... Because I am a woman. So what?
I am not allowed to show anger. I must sit with my legs stretched out even if it hurts. I must not talk 'anyhow'. Because I am a woman. My husband or "boyfriend" cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it......to save my marriage or relationship as the case maybe. Society making the barbaric and stupid excuse that ''it is in their nature to cheat'' I cheat....and I am called a LovePeddler, if we are married i am sent packing with my obese tinker box on my head and my little one still suckling my left nipple. Three years later......little one is tagged a bastard. Fellow women will now tell my mother to take me for cleansing. Then, I will be flogged with a sorry excuse for a broom to get rid of the demon. Because I am a woman.
I am judged as a good girl if I know to cook, clean and do laundry for my man. And when I don't know how to, I am useless. My character does not count. Because I am a woman. He is 28 and runs a company....."ahhh wonderful! Successful at a very young age". I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married. My dear, marry as soon as possible o. You don dey old" like being successful was not in my DNA or has anything to do with a person's gender. Because my life ends at forty Because I am a woman.
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy....... Because when I am financially buoyant....with out a rich dude beside me...then I am a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to ups and downs to get to where I am. Chai!!!!!!!!!!! Because I am a woman.
I am raped. Then, it is my fault because the strap of my bra is pink and my idea of fashion is provocative. And if I am way younger, I will be flogged because I 'allowed' the 25year old broda next door to touch me. I am bleeding and sore....yet, they force me to admit I enjoyed it. Because I am a woman.
My post will be considered controversial.... And everyone will try to correct me. Because I am a woman. I am a woman. It does not make me less a human.

1 Like

Re: Because Am A Woman by ableguy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
See painment

Re: Because Am A Woman by Diiverexii(f): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
ableguy:
G
G?
Re: Because Am A Woman by Diiverexii(f): 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
ableguy:
See painment
no, there is more
Re: Because Am A Woman by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
Clap for u

2 Likes

Re: Because Am A Woman by babyfaceafrica: 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Noted...

1 Like

Re: Because Am A Woman by Klinee: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2016
The society is trying to make u be on a safer side, i think the society is more favourable to women than men because they try to keep them saved.

1 Like

Re: Because Am A Woman by Diiverexii(f): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
Klinee:
The society is trying to make u be on a safer side, i think the society is more favourable to women than men because they try to keep them saved.

hmm, another view

(1) (Reply)

Disappointed.. / Ooni Of Ife Gracefully Humiliated Oba Of Eko / Miss Africa Great Britain Sarah Jegede Visits Ooni Of Ife At His Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.