Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Open Letter To Shareholders Of Diamond Bank Plc - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Open Letter To Shareholders Of Diamond Bank Plc (444 Views)

Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Shareholders Of Diamond Bank Plc by Incognitokush: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Diamond bank is definately the worst bank to work with. Since the inception of their crack head of a GMD in the person of Dozie Uzoma the bank has been highly unstable.

More like the blind leading the blind. Staff are in constant fear of loosing their jobs and staff welfare has depreciated drastically compared to the era of Alex Otti.

I hope the shareholders won't just sit by and watch Mr albino run the bank like a poultry. He should cut the staff some slack instead of sacking here and there for no concrete reason.

The bank is highly under staffed and instead of looking for ways to get more hands they are busy cutting cost by cutting staff. Is that really the way to go if atall they want to cut cost??

Looking at staff that were recently layed off in may2016, were they even compensated. Nothing to show for all their hardworking and effort put into the institution.

They even went as far as laying of fresh recruits who have spent less that 3years in the system .

Banking is a career and I believe 3years is not enough to fully grasp Its rudiments. Instead of focusing on how to properly nurture and train these ET's (Executive trainees) you sack them in the name of cutting cost when we all know that their salaries are peanuts compared to the top level managers who just sit in the office all day and do nothing.

These "arm chair bankers" are left in the system while the upcoming ones are thrown out. A dog eat dog world indeed.

As if sacking them is not enough they went as far as throw their account into debit for the ones that have loans (even those with less than 500k) and continuously debit their accounts monthly as if they have another job doing.

these people were layed off for Christ sake, why do u keep debiting their account for debit interest every month when they can hardly tend to their financial responsibilities now that they have nothing to do. That is wickedness if u ask me.

Laying off staff should be based on performance or integrity and should not be made political where managers are meant to donate staff like its charity. It is a Bank and not an orphanage home. Ita almost asif every one is walking aeound with a target on their back. There is no clear cut criteria why some staff were sent home and its appaling.

I really pity bankers, u walk into a branch and you probably see them smiling(for the ones that can) but underneth that smile is someone who is 2minutes away from madness.

My happiness is that other banks recognise that diamond bank staff work really hard which is why whenever they go for interviews they are quickly taken and given offer letters. As they say "a king is not appreciated in his home"

I think the appropriate decision makers should look into the activities of this bank and how their staff are being treated because it is obvious they believe they employed robots instead of human beings.

We all know what happened to Bank PHB..#awordisenoughforthewise.

Kindly spread till it gets to someone who can do something about this!!!!!
Re: Open Letter To Shareholders Of Diamond Bank Plc by pat1612(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
I will reserve my comment let me chop first food is difficult to get angry angry
Re: Open Letter To Shareholders Of Diamond Bank Plc by Sijo1: 11:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
It is really disapproving of diamond bank management and to think most of this staff kept their life for them spending sometimes close to 14 hrs every day on the job ,no time for family or any other social life.
With dis development there is no longer commitment from staff,every one using the bank internet to look for a way out.
I hope they are seeing the signs on the wall,a great shake up is on the brim

(1) (Reply)

The Struggle Nigerian Youth Go Through To Make It In Life. / 4 Effective Tips And Techniques To Avoid Plagiarism / The Top 4 Required Skills To Getting A Graduate Job In IT And Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.