Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Federal University Lokoja 2016 Best Graduating Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Lokoja 2016 Best Graduating Student. (1513 Views)

Update On Lydia Lawal: The Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja. / Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Lokoja 2016 Best Graduating Student. by Abgins: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
The maiden convocation ceremony of Federal University Lokoja for the award of degrees and installation of the first university chancellor took place on the 22nd of October 2016 at the convocation arena of the university. The student of the day was Moses Eshovo Ojo. He emerged as the university best graduating student. Moses who studied Physics came out with a CGPA of 4.94 to top the list of first class student. The Lokoja born 27yr old attended Government Science Secondary School Lokoja. He was a recipient of several awards form National Mathematical Centre Abuja, most profoundly were the 3rd and 2nd place winner in the Nigerian Physics Olympiads (NPO) and Nigerian Biology Olympiad (NBO) respectively in the year 2008. During his undergraduate programme, he offered a total of 65 courses. Scoring 61 A’s, 3 B’s and 1 C.

Let’s meet him in a chat with Abgins Media.
https://www.facebook.com/fulokoja/photos/a.437961972891263.101484.434908219863305/1208371409183645/?type=3

[b]May we know your name?

My name is Moses Eshovo Ojo

Did you choose to study Physics or was it given to you contrary your wish?
There is nothing I had loved to study other than a course somewhat mathematical. So before I gained admission I was faced with the option of studying mathematics or physics in fed. Uni. Lokoja. I would have studied the two courses concurrently but there was no provision for that. I finally resolved to study Physics. Today I am happy for the choice I made. This is because studying Physics made me study a good number of courses offered by mathematics student.

What were your motivations for coming out excellently?
I had several motivations which included my humble background, encouragement from parent and siblings, dignity among others. One of my strongest motivations was from God. Everything about God- His word, His fellowship and His comfort. In order to live according to the stand of God and His son (Jesus) I never relented in studying and doing His work.

What was your school days like, was it the triangular type i.e. hostel, class and library?
My school days were fun. I enjoined the companion of Nifesians, Fellowship of Physics Christian Student and lovely numerous friends. I am not the library type, I enjoined reading mostly at my lodge and sometimes at the school pavilion. I am not really the bookworm type you think I should be. I believe that success has more to do with you understanding yourself. Some of us can spend the whole day reading, while some of us need only a few hours.

You are such a genius, because it takes a genius to achieve this feat. Now can an average or below average student attain this feat?
We have to get something clear here. There are born geniuses and there are made geniuses. We all are not equal but have equal chance of excelling. According to Zig Ziglar “you can succeed at almost anything for which you have unbridled enthusiasm” The passion you develop is what keeps you going. If the passion is not there but the IQ is there, then nothing reasonable can be achieved. Yes it is true some of us have low IQ and others high IQ. But I will affirm that understanding your capacity, working according to your capacity alongside your passion can put you to any height in life.

Most people find the study of Physics difficult, uninteresting and frustrating. Now we have you coming out as the best student from such department with such a high CGPA.
For a student to succeed particularly in Physics, such person needs a sound understanding of mathematics. Mathematics is the tool of physicist. Students whose background in mathematic is very poor sometimes end up in untold hardship studying physics. Another requirement in enjoining the study of physics is one’s ability to give physical meaning to the obtained mathematical result. This will require your understanding on the theories and laws in physics.

Do you have a girlfriend?
Hmm. Well it depends on the meaning you give to who is ones girlfriend. I have a good number of close female friends with nothing serious happening.

You came out from one of the newly established universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria. Do you think the product of Federal University Lokoja can compete with products of renowned indigenous universities like ABU, Uni Ilorin, UI and the rest?
Giants give birth to giants, so it is in Federal University Lokoja (FUL). FUL is a meeting point of academic gurus drawn from those universities you mentioned. FUL isn’t just a bunch of inexperienced junior lecturers but an assembly of academic giants in various field of academic research.

How many awards did you received at the convocation ceremony?
Fortunately, none. I was only given two prizes for the faculty and university best graduating student. Most people felt it was absurd and unthinkable. One thing remains unchangeable, what I am is unarguable.

What are your next plans now after convocation?
Service is the closest thing now. During my service year I will put in for GRE and TOEFL, so as to guarantee my applications for oversees M.sc scholarship.

What is your stand about the insecurity in our nation?
I strongly believe that the act of terrorism widespread in Northern Nigeria can in addition to the current negotiations be minimized and averted by encouraging the study of physics at all levels. Recently Neil Johnson a physicist at the University of Miami published an article in the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) journal, a mathematical formula that can predict insurgency attack in war zones. The formula has worked for the Afghanistan’s and serious research are ongoing about this fascinating formula.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja 2016 Best Graduating Student. by collinometricx: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Gradustinq ni
Re: Federal University Lokoja 2016 Best Graduating Student. by tukdi: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
No sauce! undecided
Re: Federal University Lokoja 2016 Best Graduating Student. by christejames(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
Congratulations to him... wishing him the best in the labor market.
Re: Federal University Lokoja 2016 Best Graduating Student. by kennyjam: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2017
just seeing this... Nice one and God bless

(1) (Reply)

Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma / 15+ Sites That Nigerians Can Visit To Learn Premium Courses Online / NOUN NYSC 2018 Mobilization Batch B. Registrations Closing In 72 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.