Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) (48618 Views)

'Albino Turtle': Yellow Turtle In India (Photos) / Leatherback Sea Turtle Caught In Bayelsa - Foropa Kingdom Island (Photos) / Huge Turtle Captured In Famgbe Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by dominique(f): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
anytexy:
what is the difference between turtle and tortoise ?

The difference is majorly in the feet/limbs area. The turtle (like the one posted in the op) has flat flappy feet which aids it to swim well. The tortoise has short stocky feet. The turtle moves way faster than tortise. The turtle is also relatively flater in the shell area than tortoise

Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by gregyboy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
if na benin dem see dat turtle na everybody own b4 u knw cutlass don comot from different angle
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by mfm04622: 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
That turtle came on land for only one reason, to lay eggs. Now Nigerians won't let her do that. Shame!!!
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by eyinjuege: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
That animal may be more than a hundred years old, and its just gonna be killed just like dat? to feed some gluttons who'll eat anything.
Meanwhile, we should all cut down on our consumption of red meat.
I'm not sure if the turtle's meat is red or green sha
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by Lefe(f): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2016
Thats a nice thing to do really. Since you want to keep it alive, you can start a sorta campaignor notice online so that many people would know about it and direct youto the appropriate quarters.
MrMcJay:
OP, that turtle is about 60-80 years old. If you still have it alive, I'm willing to pay you 100k to donate it to the Lekki Conservation Centre.

Pls, send me a PM if interested.
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by chival(f): 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
MrMcJay:
OP, that turtle is about 60-80 years old. If you still have it alive, I'm willing to pay you 100k to donate it to the Lekki Conservation Centre.

Pls, send me a PM if interested.

That's really nice of you. Isnt it rather ironic that the said incident happened very close to the Lekki Conversation Centre and yet not a single person thought to take it across to preserve its life?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by Oxenomy: 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Odeyinigbin:
Can someone tell me d diffe rence btw tortoise and turtle?
tortoise lives on land, has a claw-like limbs while turtle lives in water with a flat fin-like limbs
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
These Nigerians eat anything. Seriously the norm had got to stop.
#Why make your tummy the grave of animals.
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by frankodus(m): 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
Nawaooo
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
diva90:
Poor animal cry
Please I don't like all this POOR ANIMAL talk.
Did the turtle tell you that it is poor?
Human beings, Nigerians need money to buy food to eat. No money no food. Nigerians are suffering poverty.

Have you ever seen a turtle buying food with money before? Buying block to build house? Buying cloth to wear? E does not buy anything and yet see how fat it is.

That animal is not poor AT ALL. E don marry born pikin tey-tey. Many graduates cannot afford anything hat turtle has achieved. Food, marriage, pikin.
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
chival:

That's really nice of you. Isnt it rather ironical that the said incident happened very close to the Lekki Conversation Centre and yet not a single person thought to take it across to preserve its life?

We know it came out of the conservation center. The last time I entered the conservation centre I saw the thing feeling big and bouncing around like a home boy. Because it is conservation centre abi? OK come outside first. Dem don catch today.
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by DonaTee(f): 4:37am On Nov 05, 2016
The woman get strong mind lol carry d thing for head like tray

That maybe some1 ancestor dat reincarnated lipsrsealed
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by faitheverest(f): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
like Emmanuel Adebayor own grin

grin cheesy grin cheesy wink
Re: Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos) by gregyboy(m): 10:08am On Nov 05, 2016
Danrizzle:
These Nigerians eat anything. Seriously the norm had got to stop.
#Why make your tummy the grave of animals.

y wont we do so when hunger is in d country an african man who is well fed wit enogh meat and food for him at home wont think to eat or sell a turtle but conserve it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huge 1,500-Year-Old Wine Factory Found In Israel (Photos) / Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. / Meet The 'Talkative' Dinosaur That Roamed Mexico 73 Million Years Ago (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.