Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? (3602 Views)

"Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) / Fallen Angels Have Marriage With Human Beings. / Angels Have Charge Over Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by donnie(m): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
raphieMontella:
so angels are divided in heaven?
You well so? angry
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by urahara(m): 1:15am On Nov 05, 2016
analice107:

There is no language in the spirit realm. Communication is done by thoughts.

A won martian manhunter
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by jnrbayano(m): 7:20am On Nov 05, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

seun can give u ten years of ban for this comment do u realise dis at all?

Ban him for what?

What nonsense!
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2016
Seun:
We are told that when people speak in tongues or sing/pray in the spirit, they are speaking in the 'tongues of angels' and not human languages. However, we know that the tongues spoken by millions of spirit-filled Christians are quite unique. This implies that angels have millions of languages. This sounds very wrong, because it suggests that heaven is a place of confusion. If all angels are united under God's leadership, one would expect all of them to speak the same language. I can't think of any reason why God's angels would have so many languages. Can you?
Speaking in tongues is done in a known language as the bible indicates and not the incoherent glossary we hear in most churches.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by donnie(m): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Speaking in tongues is done in a known language as the bible indicates and not the incoherent glossary we hear in most churches.

For he who speaks in an unknown tongue is not speaking to men, but to God; for no one understands him. Yet in the Spirit he is speaking secret truths.
-1cor14:2
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by UjSizzle(f): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2016
Seun, how do you know they are different languages when you don't have a translation?

I feel like there are very few people who actually are gifted with speaking in tongues. Some churches claim it can be 'learned' which is funny, because then it wouldn't be a gift of the spirit anymore.
How do you even learn something you don't understand eh? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2016
I strongly suspect the op is an incognito member of a certain unsuspecting church.

.. we know that the tongues spoken by millions of spirit-filled Christians are quite unique...

You don't say, grin
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by urahara(m): 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
analice107:

I dey nah. Children of now a days don't care to check up on their mums. Hmmm, repent Son so that your own children will check up on you wen u get to my age.
*Sobs*.

I am sowwi na cry cry

Where have u been all these days cry
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by OlaoChi: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
Charlesdock:
He has been answered. If any one of you, atheists still need more proofs, go and get a bible. Am sure it would help you grin

same bible that has turned a lot of people to atheist undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by shadeyinka(m): 12:26am On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:
We are told that when people speak in tongues or sing/pray in the spirit, they are speaking in the 'tongues of angels' and not human languages. However, we know that the tongues spoken by millions of spirit-filled Christians are quite unique. This implies that angels have millions of languages. This sounds very wrong, because it suggests that heaven is a place of confusion. If all angels are united under God's leadership, one would expect all of them to speak the same language. I can't think of any reason why God's angels would have so many languages. Can you?

I have never seen you so myopic in reasoning on this simple issue.

What is the language of Angels? Tongues? SMH

Let me help you out, What language do you speak in your dreams?
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by UncleSnr(m): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:
Here is what Jesus Christ have to say.

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Roy52793: 9:55am On Nov 06, 2016
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
shadeyinka:
Let me help you out, What language do you speak in your dreams?
English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by shadeyinka(m): 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:
English.

You will note that you hardly see your self speaking with your mouth. In modern terms, it will be called telepathy.

Any language you use is understood! Any Language my friend!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Charlesdock(m): 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
OlaoChi:

same bible that has turned a lot of people to atheist undecided
It all depend on the reasons you want to read it. And most importantly (whether you believe it or not) you can never understand it concept except directed by the Holy Spirit, hence it becomes a deadly book without the Spirit.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by OlaoChi: 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
Charlesdock:
It all depend on the reasons you want to read it. And most importantly (whether you believe it or not) you can never understand it concept except directed by the Holy Spirit, hence it becomes a deadly book without the Spirit.

same holy spirit that directs thousands of Christian denominations, each with a significant different doctrine from this holy spirit ?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Charlesdock(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
OlaoChi:

same holy spirit that directs thousands of Christian denominations, each with a significant different doctrine from this holy spirit ?? undecided
Bro I don't argue anymore infact it piss me off. Even if I give you proofs you won't believe so let me just give you the 100% mark. You have the better data but me? I don't argue God, churches anymore with people who feel they are right grin I just keep mute and let people walk on
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by engineerboat(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:

How many languages can you speak
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by engineerboat(m): 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
So many languages on nairaland

Does that remove the fact that the general mode of communication remains English

Even though people tends to go different languages in some discussions
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by OlaoChi: 5:12am On Nov 07, 2016
Charlesdock:
Bro I don't argue anymore infact it piss me off. Even if I give you proofs you won't believe so let me just give you the 100% mark. You have the better data but me? I don't argue God, churches anymore with people who feel they are right grin I just keep mute and let people walk on

but you feel you are right! so what does that make you? undecided

the truth is, if you had something to say you would have already but you realize that I'm not gullible and you don't have the capability to create a strong argument
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Charlesdock(m): 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
OlaoChi:

but you feel you are right! so what does that make you? undecided

the truth is, if you had something to say you would have already but you realize that I'm not gullible and you don't have the capability to create a strong argument
I never mention that I am right, so number 1 you're wrong. Number 2 I have things to say but tell me why I should waste my data arguing with you about the bible. Here is a thing I could just say U. S. A. doesn't exist because I haven't been there before. It correspond to the fact about God, not seeing him doesn't mean he isn't real. My brother you're not gullible and I myself isn't interested in generating more kudi for Seun on this thread grin
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by 9jaBloke: 8:07am On Nov 08, 2016
Seun:
English.

Lol. Same here, I recall last night's vividly. I am not an atheist though (i'll never be) and u shouldn't be either.
Seun, you are mostly in the religion section, that's a good sign. You are going to have a personal encounter with God much sooner than later and all your doubts will be cleared. Trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Thoughts On Religion I / Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain / How Can One Draw A Distinction Between Miracles And Magic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.