Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:44 PM

Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? (3708 Views)

"Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) / Fallen Angels Have Marriage With Human Beings. / Angels Have Charge Over Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
naijadeyhia:

when you guys talk sometimes it leaves me wondering. Post the documentary here so we also can see and hear what you heard afterall the documentary should have accompanied this thread in the first place to buttress your point.

The holy spirit is mature but the human tongue adjusting to the language of angels is not. I for one do not speak in tongues today the way I began almost 20yrs ago.... Tongues mature and on the first day you receive it its uncontrollable. ..however after that day you can choose when to speak and when not to speak but the more you speak the more you are inspired and the more the holy spirit reveals to you.

So seun show us your documentary. ..Back up your claim with proof.

Besides how on earth would you think that as human in the flesh you would be able to discern the language of angels without the Holy spirit? Can you unscramble a puzzle without a code breaker? why would you think you can somehow shrink the divine into the earthly without divine help?

You are supposed to be smarter than this but your comments are like a voice speaking against that.
seun can give u ten years of ban for this comment do u realise dis at all?
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by otipoju(m): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
I am coming ooo
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Charlesdock(m): 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
Let me continue watching. Even if Jesus comes today, they will have reasons for disapperance of christians probaby they would say "the disapperance was caused by the invasion of space aliens grin " Hence no time to argue with anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by marsoden: 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

seun can give u ten years of ban for this comment do u realise dis at all?

So he shouldn't speak the truth because of an ordinary ban?
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Seun(m): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Smallville10:
I have been in a gatherin where d holyspirit came on someone who couldnt speak yoruba and d man started speaking yoruba and the the holy spirit came upon anoda person to interpret it
How do you know he was speaking Yoruba? Do you speak it? Why did the Holy Spirit need to be involved in the interpretation of Yoruba? Tnx

marsoden:
They are incompatible because after the fall of man in Genesis, man brain was only interested in doing evil and everything that God detested.
So God punished man for disobeying Him by crippling man's brain in a way that would prevent man from understanding and obeying His word??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by donnie(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
Scholar8200:
This wrong notion is based on hearsay and even contradicts the Bible! How did the people understand them in Acts 2:8-11 if what was spoken was language of angels?

That was an act of God. He opened their understanding such that each of them listening understood the "drunken" noise coming from the upper room in his/her own language.

For he who speaks in an unknown tongue is not speaking to men, but to God; for no one understands him. Yet in the Spirit he is speaking secret truths.
-1cor14:2

That however doesn't rule out the possibility of a person supernaturally receiving ability to speak a human language he never learned.

The bible talks about diverse kinds of tongues - 1cor 12:10

Arch Bishop Idahosa (of blessed memory) spoke 10 languages of men supernaturally.

Several years ago, Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome while preaching in a certain village faced difficulty as his interpreter wasn't interpreting correctly. Suddenly, that unction came on him and he preached in their native language supernaturally and they understood him.

However what the disciples spoke in Acts 2:8-11 didn't have to be tongues of men as 120 spoke at the same time. Those listening could only have heard loud noises. But the Spirit gave them understanding.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:
We are told that when people speak in tongues or sing/pray in the spirit, they are speaking in the 'tongues of angels' and not human languages. However, we know that the tongues spoken by millions of spirit-filled Christians are quite unique. This implies that angels have millions of languages. This sounds very wrong, because it suggests that heaven is a place of confusion. If all angels are united under God's leadership, one would expect all of them to speak the same language. I can't think of any reason why God's angels would have so many languages. Can you?
There is no language in the spirit realm. Communication is done by thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

How do you know he was speaking Yoruba? Do you speak it? Why did the Holy Spirit need to be involved in the interpretation of Yoruba? Tnx
What do u mean by how did i know he was speaking yoruba? I may not be a yoruba person but i know yoruba when i hear it...

Also the holyspirt always makes an interpretation of any tongue spoken...

Maybe if u know Bishop Isa El Buba, he had never spoken english in his life until he came in contact with God and he could speak english even with going to school
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by DeSepiero(m): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:

Interesting
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by marsoden: 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

So God punished man for disobeying Him by crippling man's brain in a way that would prevent man from understanding and obeying His word??

Man made himself whatever he is now by going contrary to God's will.

Jeremiah 17 Vs 9 to 10 says

9 "The heart of man is deceitful and desperately wicked, who can know it? "
10 "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give to every man according to HIS ways, and according to the fruit of his doings"

God never crippled/cripples anybody's brain. You chose/choose your path.
Every man opted for his own ways, even you Seun, and God would reward all man according to the fruit of his doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

the thing here is dat, man had a choice to make... He could choose for him self, God wasnt testing him.
Adam made a choice which he had to live with d consequences, God knew man was good enough to make a choice of his own...
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
Smallville10:
oga seun what do u wanna pull from this?

Well, there are millions of languages around the world and speaking in tongues doesnt mean speaking an unknown language... All the languages were created by God and are understood by angels according to their ranking... Understand that, somebody might be speakin in tongues and it would be somebody else language.. I have been in a gatherin where d holyspirit came on someone who couldnt speak yoruba and d man started speaking yoruba and the the holy spirit came upon anoda person to interpret it
Speaking in Tongues is not the same as Speaking in Other Tongues.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Charlesdock(m): 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:

The Holy Spirit gave the first the utterance (yoruba) and gave the other the interpretation. There are differences between knowing a language and understanding it.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:

BIKO define speakin in tongues
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
omowumeee:
what do you expect from a confused religion undecided
Who be dis one again?
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
felixomor1:

The guy matter dey tire person.

He doesnt believe angels exist, yet he wants the "language of angels" to make sense.
hahahahahahahaha. No be small tin oo
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by donnie(m): 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:
I don't agree. Do you mind explaining?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by donnie(m): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:

Wrong. Spiritual thoughts come from the Word. Carnal thoughts come from the world. Our words are the expression of our thoughts; whether spiritual or carnal.

WORDS RULE IN THE SPIRIT REALM.

Spiritual words give life. Carnal words bring death.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
donnie:

Wrong. Spiritual thoughts come from the Word. Carnal thoughts come from the world. Our words are the expression of our thoughts; whether spiritual or carnal.

WORDS RULE IN THE SPIRIT REALM.

Spiritual words give life. Carnal words bring death.

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
donnie:

I don't agree. Do you mind explaining?

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1 Corinthians:13:1

This shows us that there are Tongues of men and there are Tongues of Angels.

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another DIVERS KINDS of TONGUES; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians:12:10

These are the tongues of men.

This is a gift. And this is what happened on the say of Pentecost, where Jews spoke Chinese, Spoke Medes and strange languages. They didn't know they were speaking those languages, but those who heard them, understood them.
These tongues needs interpretation. For instance, if a the Holy Spirit takes up an Efik man's Mouth and begins to speak Nupe language, a Nupian will have to interprets to the Church what the Efik man said. This is gift.

BUT, the below is not a special gift. It is or shd be for every believer.

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1 Corinthians:14:2

Speaking in tongues is unto God and Angels, "Spiritual".

Speaking in Other (diverse) kinds of Tongues are the Tongues of men, speaking to men.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
Smallville10:
BIKO define speakin in tongues
I have.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by donnie(m): 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1 Corinthians:13:1

This shows us that there are Tongues of men and there are Tongues of Angels.

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another DIVERS KINDS of TONGUES; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians:12:10

These are the tongues of men.

This is a gift. And this is what happened on the say of Pentecost, where Jews spoke Chinese, Spoke Medes and strange languages. They didn't know they were speaking those languages, but those who heard them, understood them.
These tongues needs interpretation. For instance, if a the Holy Spirit takes up an Efik man's Mouth and begins to speak Nupe language, a Nupian will have to interprets to the Church what the Efik man said. This is gift.

BUT, the below is not a special gift. It is or shd be for every believer.

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1 Corinthians:14:2

Speaking in tongues is unto God and Angels, "Spiritual".

Speaking in Other (diverse) kinds of Tongues are the Tongues of men, speaking to men.

So because the gift of tongues is for every believer it is not special or supernatural

Okay, So the gift of salvation is not special or supernatural because it is for all?

Your mixing things up...
Take time to read my reply to scholar8200 above and never forget this: It doesn't have to be SPECTACULAR to be SUPERNATURAL.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by raphieMontella: 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
Scholar8200:
This wrong notion is based on hearsay and even contradicts the Bible! How did the people understand them in Acts 2:8-11 if what was spoken was language of angels?
your friends say it is the language of angels

well..
If i get two people who speak in tongues. Seperate them in different
rooms. Have one record something on videotape while speaking in tongues, then have him/her write
down the translation of what the speaker said and then go with the videotape to the other room, and play back the tape And get the second speaker in tongues to translate the language.
I'll bet my head..they can't get it and the translations wont rhyme for similar words!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by donnie(m): 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

well..
rooms. Have one record something on videotape while speaking in tongues, then have him/her write
down the translation of what the speaker said and then go with the videotape to the other room, and play back the tape And get the second speaker in tongues to translate the language.
I'll bet my head..they can't get it and the translations wont rhyme for similar words!

Yes because they are words of the spirit. and we cannot finish prophecy (or interpretation) in this earth, talk less of in a single service.

1cor 13:9
For we know in part and we prophesy in part
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by jonbellion(m): 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

well..
lol its just gibberish parading as an actual language. Some Christians save it as thier ringtone and then when it's time to pray they repeat what they saved. In thier minds they've joined the gibberish clique Funny enough it's only protestant churches that are in the habit of tounge speaking. Plus there are ex christians that still have the "ability" there's nothing special about it. It's no different from the gibberish of the ancient Indonesian tribes when the want to perform rituals.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:
I have.
where
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:
I have.
where
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by omowumeee(f): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
analice107:

Who be dis one again?
whoraola tanlato
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by analice107: 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
donnie:

So because the gift of tongues is for every believer it is not special or supernatural

Okay, So the gift of salvation is not special or supernatural because it is for all?

Your mixing things up...
Take time to read my reply to scholar8200 above and never forget this: It doesn't have to be SPECTACULAR to be SUPERNATURAL.
Ok.
Re: Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? by raphieMontella: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
donnie:

Yes because they are words of the spirit. and we cannot finish prophecy (or interpretation) in this earth, talk less of in a single service.

1cor 13:9
For we know in part and we prophesy in part
so angels are divided in heaven?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life / Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy / What Is Spiritual Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.