Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown (24202 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video) / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
ATERI:

In the UK, a child is reported missing every three minutes, used for rituals? My brother, your religion and language have to be originally yours before you can talk of having a culture of your own. There are rituals in every religion. Saudi Arabia shave your head, you never have problem with that, do you? Neither do you have problem killing innocent animals, do you? The earlier we move on from the anachronistic belief that the African Traditional Religion is about human sacrifice the better.

Lastly: I don`t get to choose the traditional rulers of Yorubaland, but Obas have to believe in the religion of Yorubaland. The queen of England can`t undermine the Anglican church and expect the English to respect her. So the lazy and inconsequential Obas have to know that, privilege comes with responsibility. This is a new generation problem, and expect a new generation solution because old generation Obas never disgraced themselves like this.

My broda, I can see the angle u are viewing my post. See "African tradition is the best" There is a town called Ife in Osun state. They have a yearly celebration called Olojo. Next year when the celebration is going on travel go there and go and show them love for the tradition.
You won't be the one to come back to tell the story. We will only hear in the news what happened to you.
A lot of our tradition should be abolished thats what I am saying. They still use humans for sacrifice in Africa. But since you are one of our advocate for tradition. it is your choice. Just watch your steps when you go to the town's where tradition still strives.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown by dytbabe: 8:36am On Nov 28, 2016
macof:

I don't see it as insult but honest description of you from the comments you post. it's only a moronic african not to mention a bastard that will say the things you say.

your European masters were eating real human flesh 300 years ago. answer to that and stop talking about calabar people killing twins in the past... .. in fact what's worse is that, you tag the killing of twins to all Nigerian ethnicities
shows how ignorant of Nigeria you are

Hi

Please I need Oriki ooo

Gongon in Ondo town

cheesy
Re: Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown by OlaoChi: 8:45am On Nov 30, 2016
davtosh:

My broda, I can see the angle u are viewing my post. See "African tradition is the best" There is a town called Ife in Osun state. They have a yearly celebration called Olojo. Next year when the celebration is going on travel go there and go and show them love for the tradition.
You won't be the one to come back to tell the story. We will only hear in the news what happened to you.
A lot of our tradition should be abolished thats what I am saying. They still use humans for sacrifice in Africa. But since you are one of our advocate for tradition. it is your choice. Just watch your steps when you go to the town's where tradition still strives.
Peace

you are a very horrible person. no human sacrifice during olojo. why do you European and Arab slaves Like to lie?

1 Like

Re: Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown by macof(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
dytbabe:

Hi

Please I need Oriki ooo

Gongon in Ondo town

cheesy

sad I only know oriki of Ibadan and my hometown
Re: Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown by dytbabe: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
macof:

sad I only know oriki of Ibadan and my hometown

Ahn ahn
Are you not from ondo ni?
Abi na idanre sef
Re: Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
If only you knew how the british screwed up south-west traditions ?
Look at all of their chiefs now calling themselves "Oba".
Oba the tile of Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
Oluwo is the title of this guy here.

aariwa:
So continuing with the the traditions of our fore fathers is now considered a ritual because the white man says so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night / How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.