Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? (10742 Views)

Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? / Wat Does D Bible Say Bout Women Who Wear Trousers / Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by RiffRaff: 1:18am On Oct 30, 2009
Does it, sincerely?
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by mazaje(m): 3:30am On Oct 30, 2009
The bible(or any other religious text out there) does not make any sense to those that live out the bubble of those that practice the christian faith, but it makes a lot of sense to those who have been conditioned and raised to believe in it as the word of a god. . . .since belief in the bible stories will eventually give you some reward in the after life and the rejection of the stories will also put you in danger of burning in hell for eternity according to the christian hypothesis people who know that some of the stories in the bible are false and do not make any sense at all try by all means to rationalize what is written in the bible by finding excuses so that they can continue to hold unto their beliefs and avoid what they have been forced to believe will be the consequence of rejecting the bible stories. . . Some explain some of the very obvious falsehoods and non sense stories as allegorical tales even when the bible states that they were hostorical events just so that they can continue to accept what the bible says. . .  . . For example do you really think people become young earth creationists based on observable evidence? No, they become YEC's because the alternative in their mind is to burn in hell for eternity if they refuse to accept the story of the earth's origins as described by their interpretation of the bible. . . .

Since all the stories in the bible are based on magic you can explain all of them away with very stupid reasoning as all christians do. . . for example the Noah's flood myth. . .a lot of christians KNOW that the story is false but since they have been conditioned to accept the bible as the word of a god they just have to find excuses for it some are now claiming that it is a local flood even when the bible says it is a global flood. . .those that truly believe in it will explain it away for example if you tell them that the noah's ark is too small to hold all those animals they will reply by saying that Yahweh sent baby versions and put them into a hibernation state while on board. . . . .Once you allow magic into your worldview, nothing is impossible. . . . .so the bottom line is that the bible does not make sense to me and it never will. . . the bible is a collection of stories(mostly myths) about human origins from the very narrow pespective of the jews who used their tribal deity as a  the answer to questions posed by a culture for those things they do not understand but see happening around them, fear instilled by threats to those who violate their cultural taboos, and alleviation of the fears of the unknown for those in the culture who abide by cultural mores. . . . The bible is the story of a people and the god they invented in their own image as a group, these book has now been propagated and the god it sells or talks about has now been provided a niche in various people's imaginations  where no one can actually see him/experience him except through imagined inspiration and the interpretation of ancient stories that were written about him by other men.  By the way we KNOW that people that claim to be recieving inspiration from god/gods are people that are mostly thinking to themselves. . . .

1 Like

Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by bawomolo(m): 4:35am On Oct 30, 2009
i think believers should be allowed to answer this question
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by agathamari(f): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2009
mazaje:

The bible(or any other religious text out there) does not make any sense to those that live out the bubble of those that practice the christian faith, but it makes a lot of sense to those who have been conditioned and raised to believe in it as the word of a god. . . .since belief in the bible stories will eventually give you some reward in the after life and the rejection of the stories will also put you in danger of burning in hell for eternity according to the christian hypothesis people who know that some of the stories in the bible are false and do not make any sense at all try by all means to rationalize what is written in the bible by finding excuses so that they can continue to hold unto their beliefs and avoid what they have been forced to believe will be the consequence of rejecting the bible stories. . . Some explain some of the very obvious falsehoods and non sense stories as allegorical tales even when the bible states that they were hostorical events just so that they can continue to accept what the bible says. . .  . . For example do you really think people become young earth creationists based on observable evidence? No, they become YEC's because the alternative in their mind is to burn in hell for eternity if they refuse to accept the story of the earth's origins as described by their interpretation of the bible. . . .

Since all the stories in the bible are based on magic you can explain all of them away with very stupid reasoning as all christians do. . . for example the Noah's flood myth. . .a lot of christians KNOW that the story is false but since they have been conditioned to accept the bible as the word of a god they just have to find excuses for it some are now claiming that it is a local flood even when the bible says it is a global flood. . .those that truly believe in it will explain it away for example if you tell them that the noah's ark is too small to hold all those animals they will reply by saying that Yahweh sent baby versions and put them into a hibernation state while on board. . . . .Once you allow magic into your worldview, nothing is impossible. . . . .so the bottom line is that the bible does not make sense to me and it never will. . . the bible is a collection of stories(mostly myths) about human origins from the very narrow pespective of the jews who used their tribal deity as a  the answer to questions posed by a culture for those things they do not understand but see happening around them, fear instilled by threats to those who violate their cultural taboos, and alleviation of the fears of the unknown for those in the culture who abide by cultural mores. . . . The bible is the story of a people and the god they invented in their own image as a group, these book has now been propagated and the god it sells or talks about has now been provided a niche in various people's imaginations  where no one can actually see him/experience him except through imagined inspiration and the interpretation of ancient stories that were written about him by other men.  By the way we KNOW that people that claim to be recieving inspiration from god/gods are people that are mostly thinking to themselves. . . .
agreed
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2009
The bible is nothing but a fraud and full of contradiction
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by mazaje(m): 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2009
Abuzola:

What about your own koran?. . .Idiot. . . .
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by MrCrackles(m): 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2009
Abuzola:

shocked
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
Abuzola:

But waraqa was busy reciting it to mohammad? grin
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2009
Waraqa was a muslim, mr man, by the way how is osisi, its bn lng,

@mazaje, you are wawa, dolo, bring one or two contradiction in the Quran if you are truthful
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
waraqa was a jew . . . you liar. How could he be a muslim when he was the one mohammad had to come to over his troubling "revelations"? grin
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2009
Waraqa was a xtrian u fool
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by manmustwac(m): 12:05am On Oct 31, 2009
Abuzola:

Isn't there any contradictions in the quran?
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 12:09am On Oct 31, 2009
No single contradiction, i challenge you to bring one
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 31, 2009
he bible is nothing but a fraud and full of contradiction

It's wise if u remove the big log in your eyes first
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 31, 2009
No single contradiction, i challenge you to bring one

Here we go again, i won't bother becos i know we'll be going around in circles
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 12:13am On Oct 31, 2009
'O you assembly of jinn and mankind 'Didn't messengers amongst you come to you, reciting My (GOD) verses and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours (Day of Reckoning) ?' They will say,'We bear witness against ourselves' it was the life of this world that deceived them. And they will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers (kafirun)' Quran 6:130
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Kunbee: 1:41am On Oct 31, 2009
It makes sense to me cool cool
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 5:16am On Oct 31, 2009
Its because you are slowpoke, srry to say. How can you worship a God that was crucified
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Kunbee: 5:34am On Oct 31, 2009
Was the insult necessary undecided undecided undecided and if you didn't know there is freedom of choice cool
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 5:57am On Oct 31, 2009
Sorry, didn't mean to insult
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by luvola(m): 8:29am On Oct 31, 2009
d quran is d most fraudulent book hav ever seen
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by MIKKYIJEGE(m): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2009
the holy bible is the best book that has ever existed in human history.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by mhm(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2009
Abuzola, you need to tone down on your responses. I do not believe that our religion condones this type of aggressive responses. You can still pass on your view points without sounding insulting and rude
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Muhseen(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2009
@Abuzola,
[center]
"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." (16:125)
[/center]
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by manmustwac(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2009
The bible makes sense to the people who were bought up to believe it. Just like the Koran makes sense to the people who were brought up to believe that. But if both parties switched books and the christians read the Koran and the muslims read the bible both books wouldn't make sense to either of them, because they would easily see the inconsistances and flaws in something they were not brought up to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by macnuel: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2009
mazaje:

The bible(or any other religious text out there) does not make any sense to those that live out the bubble of those that practice the christian faith, but it makes a lot of sense to those who have been conditioned and raised to believe in it as the word of a god. . . .since belief in the bible stories will eventually give you some reward in the after life and the rejection of the stories will also put you in danger of burning in hell for eternity according to the christian hypothesis people who know that some of the stories in the bible are false and do not make any sense at all try by all means to rationalize what is written in the bible by finding excuses so that they can continue to hold unto their beliefs and avoid what they have been forced to believe will be the consequence of rejecting the bible stories. . . Some explain some of the very obvious falsehoods and non sense stories as allegorical tales even when the bible states that they were hostorical events just so that they can continue to accept what the bible says. . .  . . For example do you really think people become young earth creationists based on observable evidence? No, they become YEC's because the alternative in their mind is to burn in hell for eternity if they refuse to accept the story of the earth's origins as described by their interpretation of the bible. . . .

Since all the stories in the bible are based on magic you can explain all of them away with very stupid reasoning as all christians do. . . for example the Noah's flood myth. . .a lot of christians KNOW that the story is false but since they have been conditioned to accept the bible as the word of a god they just have to find excuses for it some are now claiming that it is a local flood even when the bible says it is a global flood. . .those that truly believe in it will explain it away for example if you tell them that the noah's ark is too small to hold all those animals they will reply by saying that Yahweh sent baby versions and put them into a hibernation state while on board. . . . .Once you allow magic into your worldview, nothing is impossible. . . . .so the bottom line is that the bible does not make sense to me and it never will. . . the bible is a collection of stories(mostly myths) about human origins from the very narrow pespective of the jews who used their tribal deity as a  the answer to questions posed by a culture for those things they do not understand but see happening around them, fear instilled by threats to those who violate their cultural taboos, and alleviation of the fears of the unknown for those in the culture who abide by cultural mores. . . . The bible is the story of a people and the god they invented in their own image as a group, these book has now been propagated and the god it sells or talks about has now been provided a niche in various people's imaginations  where no one can actually see him/experience him except through imagined inspiration and the interpretation of ancient stories that were written about him by other men.  By the way we KNOW that people that claim to be recieving inspiration from god/gods are people that are mostly thinking to themselves. . . .

manmustwac:

The bible makes sense to the people who were bought up to believe it. Just like the Koran makes sense to the people who were brought up to believe that. But if both parties switched books and the christians read the Koran and the muslims read the bible both books wouldn't make sense to either of them, because they would easily see the inconsistances and flaws in something they were not brought up to believe.

When we argue sometimes, it is very necessary to look inward at ourselves. No man is a perfection of knowledge. I know this medium is meant in whatever way to serve as a way to get more knowledge, no matter how verse any of us may be.
The Bible as I believe it to be is an entity that cannot be denied. If you say the Bible is contradictory, I may not be in the best position to judge the issue but what judges a "thing" as contradictory or bogus or "fraud". Is it because it has different "stories" (as some of you have put it) which is aimed at teaching different morals? Or is it because it speaks earnestly of what has been, what is and what is to be? As we can very well trace the history of the making of what we call Bible - it is not a book that fell from heaven. The Bible itself is nothing but a mere book. What distinguishes it however is the infallible word that we read from it - referring to our daily activities, our deepest secrets and untold lies. No scholar whatsoever can boldly come out today and declare the Bible as fraud. I think that is rather too harsh - to be more polite. I'm not trying to be a saint here but the fact is a book that has spent over 100 centuries and yet still thrives should call your mind to something. If it is really a fraud or doesn't make sense, wouldn't it have passed out just like any other books written just as the time it was written. And come to think of it, the Bible is a compilation of different archives - written at different times and age - yet speak on a common ground. I have read various portions of the Qur'an and spoken at great length with Islamic scholars, I cannot but say the Qur'an itself refers you back into the Bible. It has many references to this same book which "doesn't make sense"?

Speaking of the legend of Noah's ark or rather as it was put - a myth, I cannot but laugh on that issue. Archaeological findings reveal that indeed that "myth" was for real. I may not have enough time but if you Google it, you'll find proof yourself. The Bible and the Qur'an are books that have stayed long in history. Prophet Mohammed (SAW) can't deny.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Muhseen(m): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
I am feeling tired as I was beaten up. Hence can only say some few words.

Bible makes sense, I believe. But to what extent? Sincerely speaking Bible WAS a book revealed by the God. The present bible we have now is no longer like the one revealed as it suffers being revised, translated and that led to its being interpolated. That am saying with myriad proofs as those so-called Bible compilers admitted it in their many versions of the bible. Go figure.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by mazaje(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2009
macnuel:

When we argue sometimes, it is very necessary to look inward at ourselves. No man is a perfection of knowledge. I know this medium is meant in whatever way to serve as a way to get more knowledge, no matter how verse any of us may be.
The Bible as I believe it to be is an entity that cannot be denied. If you say the Bible is contradictory, I may not be in the best position to judge the issue but what judges a "thing" as contradictory or bogus or "fraud". Is it because it has different "stories" (as some of you have put it) which is aimed at teaching different morals? Or is it because it speaks earnestly of what has been, what is and what is to be? As we can very well trace the history of the making of what we call Bible - it is not a book that fell from heaven. The Bible itself is nothing but a mere book. What distinguishes it however is the infallible word that we read from it - referring to our daily activities, our deepest secrets and untold lies. No scholar whatsoever can boldly come out today and declare the Bible as fraud.  I think that is rather too harsh - to be more polite. I'm not trying to be a saint here but the fact is a book that has spent over 100 centuries and yet still thrives should call your mind to something. If it is really a fraud or doesn't make sense, wouldn't it have passed out just like any other books written  just as the time it was written. And come to think of it, the Bible is a compilation of different archives - written at different times and age - yet speak on a common ground. I have read various portions of the Qur'an and spoken at great length with Islamic scholars, I cannot but say the Qur'an itself refers you back into the Bible. It has many references to this same book which "doesn't make sense"?

The bible is a book written by different people who have different views about a particular deity they are trying to sell. . . .The OT is the history of the jews and how they thought the world and everything the saw around came into existence but the only thing was that they used their very tribal deity as an explanation for all the things the saw around. . . .the bible contains some truths and some lies as well. . . .It has survived through the ages ONLY because it is the tool that is used by the imperial forces since from the time of constantine till the 19th centuary. . . .By the way the same could be said of the koran and the hindu vehda. . . .

Speaking of the legend of Noah's ark or rather as it was put - a myth,  I cannot but laugh on that issue. Archaeological findings reveal that indeed that "myth" was for real. I may not have enough time but if you Google it, you'll find proof yourself. The Bible and the Qur'an are books that have stayed long in history. Prophet Mohammed (SAW) can't deny.

This is FALSE. . . .there is NO Archaeological finding that reveals that the Noah flood happened outside the pages of the bible even christian geologist are now saying that the flood was a local flood because of the absence of any evidence to support it. . . .The story is just what it is a myth that happned ONLY in the pages of the bible and in the imaginations of the people that have been conditioned to believe in it. . .

1 Like

Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by DeepSight(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2009
Mazaje, me i no fit judge whether flood happen or e no happen as i no bin dey there, ok, but i'll tell you this much, sea shells have been found on mountain ranges along with other inexplicable things. The Earth is pretty old, so we cant tell what seismic or environmental catastrophes may have occurred in the past. Look at the legend of Atlantis for example?
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Kunbee: 12:05am On Nov 01, 2009
Abuzola:

Sorry, didn't mean to insult

Apology accepted smiley
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by mantraa: 1:36am On Nov 01, 2009
The bible made sense to me until i turned about twelve and learned to think critically and ask honest questions. The answers i got were the same as for all the other fairy tales i was told as a child and i used to wonder why most adults were not able to see through it. Especially as it was forced upon us in our history and was used as a tool to justify slavery, genocide, racism and split up families.

In bible class i always felt sorry for the poor Phillistines, Egyptians, and all the other tribes who were tormented and murdered just because they had different religious beliefs.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 6:25am On Nov 01, 2009
Lol welcome on board

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / 3 Lessons To Learn From Mary And Martha / Describe Your Church In One Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.