Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others (28119 Views)

TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over / Erisco Foods Shuts Down Nigeria’s Factory, Relocates To China / Exxonmobil, World’s Largest Oil Company, Quits Nigeria’s Downstream Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Emassive(m): 11:38am On Nov 07, 2016
Understand his clear English. He produces here in Nigeria but needs to import machinery.
Chukzyfcb:
he couldn't penetrate the market, had 6billion worth of goods unsold and yet he was looking for more forex to import more goods.
it was obvious the tomato importers are just way competitive in the business. too bad
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by JAMANZE: 11:44am On Nov 07, 2016
doctokwus:
Is it no longer China?
I personally don't like erisco biz methods.
I think his strategy has always been to use the economic hardship to blackmail the govt to grant him unfair waivers.
Having said that it's clear that many genuine bizmen have been harddone by the poor economic policies of this govt,aided by d most incompetent CBN governor ever.
The man imports 98% of the raw materials used for the production of the tomato and has like 600 staffs on payroll. his product is the most substandard tomato of all time and the man himself doest eat his product. Nafdac and other relevant agencies saw the truth and distanced themselves that is why Erisco is crying blood. after wasting his money politicking. God have not started with him. Banks will knock on his door soon
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by lekwas: 11:47am On Nov 07, 2016
No be only Ethiopia, e for include Syria and Eritrea.
People should stop all this 'notice me'
The industries in Ethiopia are looking for exit, this one wan pack him load go there and some people here dey praise am
I wish him luck
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by saintmark88(m): 12:09pm On Nov 07, 2016
[email][/email]
Originalsly:
We treating ourselves badly should not be a reason for others to do the same. If your youngest sibling is always misbehaving and you and other family members always beat him badly.... what would you and the rest of your family do if he misbehaves and I decided to beat him badly? Countries are like big families... always have problems... but don't invite outsiders to exploit and suppress them. On the quality of his product... everyone starts from somewhere.... the foreign products you champion didn't start off as top shelf... but got support from their citizens. If we condemn and not support our own how would we ever develop? ...we would always be dependent on others.

Oga if I come to ur house and I c ur family members treating u anyhow like who no get lvl, I myself would likely treat u d same way, if ur own people dnt have respect for u, y should I respect u....... Thts how it works bro....

I just feel there's sumtyn fishy about this guy, nd stop saying things that u can't prove because the man said so
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Originalsly: 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
saintmark88:
[email][/email]

Oga if I come to ur house and I c ur family members treating u anyhow like who no get lvl, I myself would likely treat u d same way, if ur own people dnt have respect for u, y should I respect u....... Thts how it works bro....

I just feel there's sumtyn fishy about this guy, nd stop saying things that u can't prove because the man said so
Lol... you not serious! Warning...never jump into family matters... blood is thicker than water.... the ones doing the beating and the one being beaten would join together and beat you to a pulp.
If you feel something is fishy about the guy... fine...and you should say why. I share a different opinion on why what he is saying can be credible. Do I believe everything he said?...No. He can't take his factory to China... they wouldn't allow him to.... they would protect their own industry.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Malawian(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
willibounce1:

If his products are of good quality, people will buy. The man makes too much noise. Does he expect govt to force Nigerians to buy his tomato paste? He should learn to compete and stop looking for an easy way out.
we are in Nigeria, lets say the truth. people dont buy simply because it is better, they buy because it is cheaper. and forex limitations on him will make his own more expensive than others who were favoured with forex.

like you go to the iya shukurat to buy tin tomator, she gives you the prices of the different brand, you authomatically choose the cheapest you find there. all these mumunis talking about quality of his product, like though they would even remember the brand of paste they bought.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Wolfbrother(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
Thought it was china ....
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by willibounce1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Malawian:

we are in Nigeria, lets say the truth. people dont buy simply because it is better, they buy because it is cheaper. and forex limitations on him will make his own more expensive than others who were favoured with forex.

like you go to the iya shukurat to buy tin tomator, she gives you the prices of the different brand, you authomatically choose the cheapest you find there. all these mumunis talking about quality of his product, like though they would even remember the brand of paste they bought.

You buy what you can afford ok. That you buy something because it is cheap doesn't mean others will. And it doesn't have to be poor quality because it is cheap. People are not buying his products because they don't like it. Simple! And you don't to call yourself a mumu because others don't like inferior products like you do. Even if his tomato paste becomes cheap, ppl won't still buy because they don't like it. He should figure out what his competitors are using to make their own and try to do even better. Nobody will force Nigerians to buy anything they don't want. It is an open market.. you gotta compete
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Malawian(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
willibounce1:

You buy what you can afford ok. That you buy something because it is cheap doesn't mean others will. And it doesn't have to be poor quality because it is cheap. People are not buying his products because they don't like it. Simple! And you don't to call yourself a mumu because others don't like inferior products like you do. Even if his tomato paste becomes cheap, ppl won't still buy because they don't like it. He should figure out what his competitors are using to make their own and try to do even better. Nobody will force Nigerians to buy anything they don't want. It is an open market.. you gotta compete

you just shit all over your bigoted post. you don see tomato paste before?
[size=38pt] mumuni [/size]
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by willibounce1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
Malawian:

you just shit all over your bigoted post. you don see tomato paste before?
[size=38pt] mumuni [/size]
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Do you know the meaning of the word 'bigot' or you use it because it's a common term on NL.? Use your brain. It is not for decoration. Don't bring ur emotional nonesense near me.

I don't use tomato paste. I eat fresh tomato. If e pain you, you can help erisco get FX if not, eat foetus.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Bifwoli: 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2016
After Google ,GE and Scania the flood of foreign companies in Nairobi continues.....this time with a tomato flavour .

Thank you Muhammadu Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Visa Virtual Card | Fund In Naira | Pay Online Securely | / El-Rufai Launches $100 Million Afri-Venture Capital Company / Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.