Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Bankers Warehouse Plc Nigeria: The Modern Slavery - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bankers Warehouse Plc Nigeria: The Modern Slavery (5449 Views)

Bankers Warehouse Outraged : EFCC Wrongly Seized $2.8m At Enugu Airport / SHAMEFUL! Female Bankers Fight Dirty In Banking Hall Over Rich Man [see Pictures / Is Smart Cab Nigeria The Latest Big Thing In Ride-hailing In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bankers Warehouse Plc Nigeria: The Modern Slavery by Corperatewriter: 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
From the day of my interview at bankers warehouse plc I began to ask questions. It’s true that those who ask question never miss their way; well I sure didn’t, because I found my way out. I just want to draw your mind to the way the system works, at least to how I understood it and have been the victim of the system.
MY EXPERIENCE AS CASH PROCESSING OFFICER (CPO)
As a CPO in bankers warehouse, you are to pre-count, sort money and count money, you are to separate clean money from dirty money, fake and mutilated as well, a CPO always have a target amount of cash you are to process in a day or shift, you either meet your target or you miss your target. The idea surrounding it is to boast workers to push their selves to the limit and to maximally utilize this workers. But how about when the target you have been given is unrealistic. During my two weeks induction training at bankers warehouse, I was quit average in class and was asking my self whether I can actually make it, but when I was in the floor, I performed beyond expectation. I never received a query letter.
DISTURBING AND CREEPY FACTS ABOUT BANKERS WAREHOUSE PLC
1. PAYMENT OF SHORTAGES: When a cash processing officer is about to process or is processing cash of a particular bank, the bank will have to send a representative who will monitor this process in banker warehouse. Where there are discrepancies, first the CPO will alert his immediate supervisor to verify the money, making sure that what the CPO claims is true, and then the supervisor will call onto the bank representatives. For example, A CPO discovered a shortage in a wrap, let’s say 1 piece short, when the supervisor has also counted and verify this piece to be short, He will call unto the bank representative who will then also count and verify, then pick the teller no. of the person who prepared the money at his bank. The Teller will pay for the shortage; I think that’s fair enough.
But on the other way round, after processing your money, when it gets to the bank, there are no bankers warehouse representatives who will supervise the counting of this money. We are all humans capable of doing good and evil; a banker can just remove a piece and blame it on a teller, or a banker warehouse can just pick your teller and claim that you have shortages. Perhaps you have no one that will stand to represent you. It’s so annoying and heart breaking to work for a whole month and begin to pay the company back the payment you received from them. I don’t think it’s only conspiracy to enslave workers when it’s a reality.

2. UNREALISTIC TARGET: At the branch where I work, I was among the best CPO, but after trial and error I have come to conclude the following: My analysis on processing 1 wrap i:e 100 pieces of notes, is that on the average, when you are to pre-count, sort and count money, then you’ll spend at-least 10 minutes, a fast person will do it in less than 4 minute, this analysis does not involve cutting corners, when you do the math, you will realize that when your supervisor gives you 7 boxes to process in 7hours, then he will want you to perform magic. But if you fail to perform magic, which you will fail, then you will get a query letter.

3. TO BE CONTINUED…

2 Likes

Re: Bankers Warehouse Plc Nigeria: The Modern Slavery by onyekanonso(f): 6:33am On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=Corperatewriter post=50821272]
From the day of my interview at bankers warehouse plc I began to ask questions. It’s true that those who ask question never miss their way; well I sure didn’t, because I found my way out. I just want to draw your mind to the way the system works, at least to how I understood it and have been the victim of the system.
MY EXPERIENCE AS CASH PROCESSING OFFICER (CPO)
As a CPO in bankers warehouse, you are to pre-count, sort money and count money, you are to separate clean money from dirty money, fake and mutilated as well, a CPO always have a target amount of cash you are to process in a day or shift, you either meet your target or you miss your target. The idea surrounding it is to boast workers to push their selves to the limit and to maximally utilize this workers. But how about when the target you have been given is unrealistic. During my two weeks induction training at bankers warehouse, I was quit average in class and was asking my self whether I can actually make it, but when I was in the floor, I performed beyond expectation. I never received a query letter.
DISTURBING AND CREEPY FACTS ABOUT BANKERS WAREHOUSE PLC
1. PAYMENT OF SHORTAGES: When a cash processing officer is about to process or is processing cash of a particular bank, the bank will have to send a representative who will monitor this process in banker warehouse. Where there are discrepancies, first the CPO will alert his immediate supervisor to verify the money, making sure that what the CPO claims is true, and then the supervisor will call onto the bank representatives. For example, A CPO discovered a shortage in a wrap, let’s say 1 piece short, when the supervisor has also counted and verify this piece to be short, He will call unto the bank representative who will then also count and verify, then pick the teller no. of the person who prepared the money at his bank. The Teller will pay for the shortage; I think that’s fair enough.
But on the other way round, after processing your money, when it gets to the bank, there are no bankers warehouse representatives who will supervise the counting of this money. We are all humans capable of doing good and evil; a banker can just remove a piece and blame it on a teller, or a banker warehouse can just pick your teller and claim that you have shortages. Perhaps you have no one that will stand to represent you. It’s so annoying and heart breaking to work for a whole month and begin to pay the company back the payment you received from them. I don’t think it’s only conspiracy to enslave workers when it’s a reality.

2. UNREALISTIC TARGET: At the branch where I work, I was among the best CPO, but after trial and error I have come to conclude the following: My analysis on processing 1 wrap i:e 100 pieces of notes, is that on the average, when you are to pre-count, sort and count money, then you’ll spend at-least 10 minutes, a fast person will do it in less than 4 minute, this analysis does not involve cutting corners, when you do the math, you will realize that when your supervisor gives you 7 boxes to process in 7hours, then he will want you to perform magic. But if you fail to perform magic, which you will fail, then you will get a query letter.

3. TO BE CONTINUED…

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Horrible Accident In Warri (caution! Disburbing Images) / Picture Of Guys Urinating In The Street Of Abuja. / Are U Proud Being A Nairalander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.