Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. (10071 Views)

Woman Who Dressed Daughter In Bikini Speaks Out-nigerians Are Poor And Unexposed / INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ONLY! WHO IS THE BABY'S MOTHER / Man Builds House In Calabar For His Poor Neighbours, Childless For 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
@bold, That's true.

Most were just ignorant about the evils of such theories (OP for example) whereas others were truly maliciously narcissistic that they couldn't see how they hurt those who they believed to be inferior to them by supporting such theories.

Onegai:

Hitler wasn't even the first to proclaim Eugenics. Winston Churchill liked the idea, so did several other people that are popularly quoted on NL (if we dislike anyone at some point supported Eugenics, we would have to put our phones down and stop drinking cereal as well grin). The Americans used it and the bible to justify slavery . I have a picture of the actual value items of the price of a Nigerian slave and you know what, we are still selling our people cheaply grin. Even when the British tried to abolish slavery, Nigerian chiefs wrote to them complaining. Eugenics will start in Africa if anybody carries it out.

Gerrard59, abeg I don't want to euthanised just yet o grin

2 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by missjo(f): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
Gerrard59:

Both paternal and maternal, yes they were educated and they were comfortable enough to cater for their children; because they gave birth to children they could ADEQUATELY take proper care of.

Let me reiterate my stance: POOR (definition is: having a GDP per capita that cannot ADEQUATELY take proper care of the household. Brazil's GDP per capita as at 2013 was $11, 208, while Nigeria was $3,005. Brazil has 200 million persons, Nigeria? 176 million. Using such analogy, Nigerians should stop procreating and improve their economy) individuals shouldn't procreate, ditto, unintelligent beings. People should improve their IQ and resources before getting married talk more procreating.
I'm tired. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by KillerPriest: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2016
Mr. Gerard hoped to make a case for social Darwinism and eugenics, but his clumsiness in the art of rhetoric caused him to screw up what was already out-and-out a self-defeating message.

Mr. Gerard also did not sound the least objective in the making of his argument, and even though he reminded us more than once that the buffer between him and the haves-not is an animus-free zone, the tenor of his write-up suggested otherwise as he came off across as chafed and as an embittered hater of the poor and of ‘unintelligent’ people.

The questions we ought to ask Mr. Gerard are twofold:

1. Is he wealthy?

2. What makes him think that he is intelligent? -- because he seems so cocksure about it.

[...]

I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with the commenters who said OP is conceited and arrogant.

My bill of particulars has and will always be against those who nest themselves in this high eyrie of arrogation, holding onto the belief that they are better than everyone else.

We definitely do not need to know that you started watching CNN or BCC when you were 5 -- it doesn't in any way bolster your argument, or further its cause -- that's just hubris in its most superlative degree of comparison, and that is why I think those who said you are an egoist are not wide of the mark.

An apothegm comes to mind: “Who knows doesn't talk. Who talks doesn't know”.

Because a person had the privilege to access Newspapers at a tender age, or to be exposed to a lot of things does not necessarily bedight him-her with that stamp of intelligence.

There are many people who received the choicest education that money can buy, but yet are impoverished in imagination and critical thinking, and can only rattle off a bunch of memorized information acquired through hours of rote memorization.
These people learn in parrot-fashion, are rigid in thought, and are thoroughly enslaved by education, which is counterintuitive given that proper education is meant to liberate the mind and ought to serve as a foil for the natural intelligence of a man-woman.

The point is, getting an Ivy League education is not a ticket to intelligence -- knowledge may be guaranteed, but intelligence is not. You seem to believe expensive education makes one intelligent.

Another Charley horse in your argument was in your attribution of ‘expensive’ education to ‘quality’ education. You chastised ‘the Nigerian mentality’ but yet you have fallen guilty of the very thing you maligned.

Then you made this statement which reduced your entire argument into a pile of rubble: “No matter what, a Harvard/Oxford trained individual cannot be poor”.

I bet you are also among those who think that the streets of America are brimming with dollars.

Not only does the fatuity in your assertion makes for a good laugh, it also confirms the fact that you are insecure. But insecure about what?

To end this, I would say that you need to change your attitude. It's usually the unintelligent ones that think themselves to be intelligent and go about puffing their chests — the Dunning-Krueger effect.

And you nor anyone else has no right to decide what set of people should mate or not, or whether some people deserve to be married or not.

If you think you are right in sowing seeds of discrimination amongst humans like you, then the world should show no sympathy should the White Man have you chained like a common criminal and have you picking up cottons on the field, because according to them, you are a ‘worthless nigga’ and a second-class human being whose brain is too small to comprehend science or literature or astronomy.

Remember that even the slave master is a potential slave to another person more powerful than he is. So when you think yourself to be better than that innocent kid who hawks Gala in order to survive, and then come online to talk condescendingly about their poor state of living, you should also know that there are also those who consider you to be their inferior.

cc: Mindfulness

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
KillerPriest:
Mr. Gerard hoped to make a case for social Darwinism and eugenics, but his clumsiness in the art of rhetoric caused him to screw up what was already out-and-out a self-defeating message.

Mr. Gerard also did not sound the least objective in the making of his argument, and even though he reminded us more than once that the buffer between him and the haves-not is an animus-free zone, the tenor of his write-up suggested otherwise as he came off across as chafed and as an embittered hater of the poor and of ‘unintelligent’ people.

1. Is he wealthy?

2. What makes him think that he is intelligent? -- because he seems so cocksure about it.

[...]

I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with the commenters who said OP is conceited and arrogant.

My bill of particulars has and will always be against those who nest themselves in this high eyrie of arrogation, holding onto the belief that they are better than everyone else.

We definitely do not need to know that you started watching CNN or BCC when you were 5 -- it doesn't in any way bolster your argument, or further its cause -- that's just hubris in its most superlative degree of comparison, and that is why I think those who said you are an egoist are not wide of the mark.

Because a person had the privilege to access Newspapers at a tender age, or to be exposed to a lot of things does not necessarily bedight him-her with that stamp of intelligence.

There are many people who received the choicest education that money can buy, but yet are impoverished in imagination and critical thinking, and can only rattle off a bunch of memorized information acquired through hours of rote memorization.
These people learn in parrot-fashion, are rigid in thought, and are thoroughly enslaved by education, which is counterintuitive given that proper education is meant to liberate the mind and ought to serve as a foil for the natural intelligence of a man-woman.

The point is, getting an Ivy League education is not a ticket to intelligence -- knowledge may be guaranteed, but intelligence is not. You seem to believe expensive education makes one intelligent.

Another Charley horse in your argument was in your attribution of ‘expensive’ education to ‘quality’ education. You chastised ‘the Nigerian mentality’ but yet you have fallen guilty of the very thing you maligned.

Then you made this statement which reduced your entire argument into a pile of rubble: “No matter what, a Harvard/Oxford trained individual cannot be poor”.

I bet you are also among those who think that the streets of America are brimming with dollars.

Not only does the fatuity in your assertion makes for a good laugh, it also confirms the fact that you are insecure. But insecure about what?

To end this, I would say that you need to change your attitude. It's usually the unintelligent ones that think themselves to be intelligent and go about puffing their chests — the Dunning-Krueger effect.

And you nor anyone else has no right to decide what set of people should mate or not, or whether some people deserve to be married or not.

If you think you are right in sowing seeds of discrimination amongst humans like you, then the world should show no sympathy should the White Man have you chained like a common criminal and have you picking up cottons on the field, because according to them, you are a ‘worthless nigga’ and a second-class human being whose brain is too small to comprehend science or literature or astronomy.

Remember that even the slave master is a potential slave to another person more powerful than he is. So when you think yourself to be better than that innocent kid who hawks Gala in order to survive, and then come online to talk condescendingly about their poor state of living, you should also know that there are also those who consider you to be their inferior.

I concur wholeheartedly and I could not have said it any better.

This is a well thought out, coherent line of argument underpinned by knowledge and topped with respect for the less privileged among us. Anyone who cannot respect people who find themselves in less fortunate circumstances should consider himself emotionally and intellectually impoverished.

But what the heck is the Dunning-Krueger effect? smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by opelyem(m): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ds post hurt me so much and I think it is because I care so much for the less privilege.

What is intelligence? It is not necessarily excellent academic performance. It extends to other facet of life. For instance, Successful musicians, artisans, artists e.t.c may be dullard while they were in school.

Before u insinuate another thing, OP, I should be brilliant and intelligent than you. I was Senior boy in primary and secondary school. I graduated wt a CGPA of almost 4.5 and that was d best result in my class. Besides, the way you reason to compose this message tells me you are not intelligent. Remember intelligence is not synonymous wt excellent academic performance.

I sincerely pray u don't get to managerial position because you are the type that will intimidate the less privileged wt ur running mouth.

One reasonable lesson from ur topic is dt pple shd not gv birth to plenty children and I don't think one need to attend costly secondary or university to know that too.

Rather thank God for giving u such background. Seek knowledge from elderly ones so that u can understand what life is.

Happy searching for a wife of 100% IQ.

4 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by KillerPriest: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

I concur wholeheartedly and I could not have said it any better.

This is a well thought out, coherent line of argument underpinned by knowledge and topped with respect for the less privileged among us. Anyone who cannot respect people who find themselves in less fortunate circumstances should consider himself emotionally and intellectually impoverished.

but what the heck is the Dunning-Krueger effect? smiley

Thanks, Mindy. I was hoping you'd drop your piece of mind as well.

Dunning-Kruger effect: A cognitive bias where low-ability (unintelligent) people miscalibrate their skills and abilities, and mistake themselves to be far more intellectually superior than they actually are. While on the other hand, high-ability (intelligent) people underplay their skills and abilities, and mistake themselves to be intellectually inferior whereas the reverse is the case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
KillerPriest:

Thanks, Mindy. I was hoping you'd drop your piece of mind as well.

Dunning-Kruger effect: A cognitive bias where low-ability (unintelligent) people miscalibrate their skills and abilities, and mistake themselves to be far more intellectually superior than they actually are. While on the other hand, high-ability (intelligent) people underplay their skills and abilities, and mistake themselves to intellectually inferior whereas the reverse is the case.

I saw this thread before but decided not to comment because I wasn't feeling in the mood to be rude. wink
You have put it more mildly than I could and there is nothing more I can add to it.

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by eyinjuege: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
missjo:

Your definition and interpretation of confidence needs some serious work.

I have a feeling you aren't the CEO of any company yet and that you have a boss or bosses. Do you also say anything you want to say to their faces?

Spoken like a conceited individual who's full of it. You live in Nigeria or have lived in Nigeria for a considerable time, then the 'Nigerian mentality' is part of you whether you like it or not.

Equating 'good education' to the amount of money spent, IS A NIGERIAN MENTALITY.
You exposed yourself with this and many other points in your write-up.

Who is a cretin?

Lemme guess, a cretin would be someone who is not as wealthy as Mr Elumelu but wants to have children to inherit a name, because according to you, inheriting a name is all about inheriting wealth. This is what your quality education taught you.

LOL. You are a class act.

That book is on the internet for download free of charge. See I knew you were full of shyte once I finished reading your second post and I was surprised anyone would take you seriously.

Billionaires may have fewer kids,but one thing they don't do is try to decide or regulate how many kids other people should have.

Apart from already seeing it in your first post, this is how anyone who is paying close attention can sense that you are from a middle-class family who probably didn't start out as middle-class, no offense.

This social class of people usually have the biggest mouth and grandest opinions because they feel they have arrived, no offence again.

Poor people procreate and give birth to ONLY unintelligent humans(children) while rich people don't.
Only 'quality and expensive education' can make someone think like this.

Don't bother about entering government Sir, what we have is a democracy and only you cannot make laws without other people gathering around to discuss and contemplate it before approving it. It's very possible you weren't taught this.

Na so.

Meanwhile, when a child hasn't been outside his father's farm, he will be of the opinion that his father's farmland is the biggest in the whole world.

It'll be interesting to known the OPs take on his write up in the next 7years..

6 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by KillerPriest: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
Mindfulness:

I saw this thread before but decided not to comment because I wasn't feeling in the mood to be rude. wink
You have put it more mildly than I could and there is nothing more I can add to it.

wink

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by baby124: 1:52am On Nov 09, 2016
OP,
You will have to kill people to enforce such a law, and such a law is not possible any where in the world. Not even China. The beauty of Nigeria is that we are so diverse that there is no space for a dictator or tyrant. We do not agree most of the time. This is why it would be hard for someone with tyrannical views like yourself to hold power without being killed.

That being said, the Nigerian government in the past was able to successfully introduce enlightenment on family planning. But the scourge of corruption has killed that effort. I remember in the 90's there were many jingles on family planning and people took it seriously. I believe a lot of the poor are so depressed by their life that they find joy in things that make them even poorer without really giving their actions much consideration.

I think enlightenment will go a long way, and also providing the resources to carry out the excercise. I do not support your methods, which will include force and intimidation to be implemented.

I also do not believe the poor are unintelligent! A lot of people through their background and the mentality they grew up with are not able to break the cycle of poverty. Even if they become rich at some point. Without a change in thinking they will surely go back to where they came from. Most of the poor just need mentoring and encouragement. There are so many gifted poor people who do not realize it because of their environment and up bringing.

2 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by munas: 1:53am On Nov 09, 2016
Gerrard59:

You call it pride, I term it confidence, I term it stating facts without being politically correct (which is damaging many nations today).

Majority of Nigerians like things rubbed on their faces and that I will do. I say it to anyone's face. I know a senior Customs Officer, has four kids, they go to Fortune High School (another top school in the state). Am I against such an individual for procreating? No. Dude is intelligent, has investments everywhere, a strong and reliable network. Educate? That's what I'm doing, and on pro bono basis (something I rarely do, QUALITY education is expensive). Enjoyment? Take a stroll, take fruits, go to parks (every park in Uyo has free entry). However, what do they do there? Smoking, drinking recklessly and stvpidly and when kidney wahala comes, they'll go to a church instead of a urologist (which is expensive, back to my earlier point)

Good day Ms,
50% of this thread is dedicated to you. Remember when you talked about visiting that school in Lekki? Make I ask, how many kids did the average parent had? I'm sure not more than 3 or 4. Yet cretins will have six and worst still, they are un-intelligent. What rights? By populating the society with m0rons? No. They lost it when they had children they cannot take care of.

Mr An0nimus,

I assume you're a Nigerian, kindly tell me, will the average Nigerian hear things being told to them in a passive manner? No. I'm a Nigerian, however, I don't have the Nigerian mentality (which good education prevents and this costs money).

Another reason most of them give birth to this high number of kids is to inherit a "name". I ask, what name? So because Mr Elumelu gave birth to 2 boys after having 5 girls, a cretin will do same?

Anyone who had read or reads the book "From Third World to First World" by Late Lee Kuan Yew (good books are expensive). He did same I'm proposing, where's Singapore today? Rich, solid infrastructure, clean (environment and governance), disciplined, strong work ethic etc.

Mark Zuckerberg, 5th richest man, married a doctor from Harvard, he too is from Harvard and he has ONLY a child. A billionaire has ONLY a child and a riff-raff somewhere down the road is planning for his 6th child? What about his then co-founder Eduardo Saverin? He married a data analyst from a top school in Asia and has two kids. That's another billionaire oh.

For the records, I'm not against people giving birth rather I'm against POOR people procreating ditto un-intelligent humans. If you're poor, please for the good of the society and yourself, don't give birth. If you're not brilliant, intelligent, smart and knowledgeable, do yourself good by not giving birth. Finally, earnestly pray I don't enter government.

You are just an over fed kid that know nothing about life and how people move from zero to hero.

The mr Elumelu you keep talking about is from a poor background and he even attended one of the worst state universities in Nigeria;Edo state university Ekpoma.
He did not wake up from one side of his bed and extablised STB before acquiring UBA.

Cosmas maduka of Coscharis group ended formal education in primary 3 and today he is a billionaire with 5 kids and in the board of 2 banks.He even employs foreign degree holders plus your so called CU and redemmers uni graduates

Ifeanyi Uba droped out of secondary school in jss 3 because his parent could not pay school fees and he moved on to kearn a trade.
Today he is 46 years old and the owner of biggest oil depot in Nigeria and he is also in control of the oil industry in Congo kinshaha.
His wife is a a graaduate from ABU and they have 5 kids

Cletus Ibetoisa bilionaire by all standards never went to school beacuse his parent could not pay his fees,Today thousand of even foreign degree holders are applying to work for him.

If the parents of these few people that i have mentioned among many deceided not to give birth to them because they were poor,they would have just cut short God's odained destinies.

So you can go to your 500k secondary school and kids from 3,000 secondary school will make it big in life leaving you behind.
Its not by how much school you attended...If your parents are previledge to send you to such school,good but if others parents sent them to free education,then good too.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by cococandy(f): 6:16am On Nov 09, 2016
Meanwhile let's not forget the one good message in all of this. That poor people should only have the number of kids they can take care of.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by dangotesmummy: 7:00am On Nov 09, 2016
Op you're right to an extent but YOU have to realize that the mentality of the poor,rich and middle class is different. If you notice the poor live similar lives,have more children while the rich have lesser kids and engage in something worthwhile during their free time.

The bottonline of every thing is mindset.you cannot change a persons modus operandi if he doesn't agree with you that what he's doing is wrong

A year ago I met a bike man who helped me with some L uggages,I paid for his services and along the process we got talking. He said he makes 1500naira per day on a regular day and when the day is very good he makes 2k or 2500.he has 8 kids.when he mentioned The number of kids I was dazed.if I should add him and his wife they will be 10 people living in that house

Without sounding proud those kids look very malnourished.I asked the mother what they eat she said THEY eat only twice a day.breakfast rice and groundnut oil supper eba and palm oil.what is the wife's occupation -full-time housewife.so basically it's 9 people depending on 1500 everyday

The next time I saw him,I ran into him in church. We exchanged pleasantries and I saw his wife pregnant again. I was angry on the inside because none of this 8kids are in school. Only the eldest son who is about 11years stopped at primary 3 to learn mechanical work and his boss only gives him 200 naira perday

Unfortunately the woman lost her baby and it cost the husband 70k to discharge the wife and pay for treatment. He sold his bike and went deeper in squalor.

At a stage I asked him assuming that baby didn't die so you people will be 11 mouths on 1500 naira. On top of that none of you kids are in school. They can't even speak English. Except their local language. Guess his reply

"Olorun lo'n toju omo".meaning it's God that takes care of children

That was the last day I stopped sending money to him.I don't get it. Their libido is usually high yet they won't use family planning. I even tried enlightening them on family planning they said it's a sin. I didn't even bother arguing with them.but that's just how they're and there's nothing you can do ABOut it

Cc cococandy. This post was supposed to be a reply to your post ma

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by DrtroubleM: 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
KillerPriest:

1. Is he wealthy?

[...]

Damn!!!!

Na person dem finish so cry

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
Education doesn't necessarily equate to deciding how many kids to have. Personally, i think that irrespective of your financial worth, the number of kids should be put at a minimal. We don't have adequate infrastructure in this country to take care of our teeming population.
I have noticed that people from a certain major tribe in Nigeria tend to have lot's of kids irrespective of their level of education. The ideology of having more kids is a cultural thing. Another major tribe procreates because their religion seems to promote the idea of having many spouses which results in many children.
OP my be an arrogant SOB, but he has said one or two logical things in his post. I will go further and advocate not just the poor reducing the number of kids, even the so called affluent should follow suit. If the government could put a cap of 3 kids as the maximum that would be nice. However, the 'government' usually consist of the rich and wealthy whose culture and religion seem to encourage spreading their 'seeds'.
Population don't make a country great, it's the quality of the population that actually matters.

2 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Gerrard59(m): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2016
OK. I once again say I concede that I was quite brash.

Truth is: Unlike what most commentators said, I care about people. I want to see people succeed at what they lay their hands on, I want to see people do well. And to be able to achieve this and many more, I understand and believe in proper and quality education (every child deserves the very best) and to achieve this, I believe people should give birth to the number of children they can adequately take proper care of.

I hate seeing little children suffer for the mistakes of their parents - even when contraceptives are cheap and available. Which is why I decided to put up this message. Let's not forget about my definition of POOR. People should stop bringing people into the world to suffer, there is enough suffering already. That's my exactly my point.

On the other hand, I believe in intelligence and believe it's what the country needs at this point; desperately. And yes, I'm intelligent (my achievements speak for me).

Did I learn something from the precise scolding? Yes. Am I sorry? Yes.

Thank you.

Gerrard59.

8 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by ShaqFu: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2016
Acidosis:
Here you have primary school students paying over 500k, 800k, etc in a term.

The anti-covenant university charlatans will never appear on this thread because these primary schools were not established by Pastors (e.g. Oyedepo).

A lot of adults in this country, especially on Nairaland need to return to Primary schools.
The thing is a pastor has no business owning a school(s). When did spreading the word of God translate into owning businesses?

Here you're talking about adults here need to return to primary school. undecided
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by AlPeter: 8:45am On Nov 10, 2016
Gerrard59:

Yes, but their economic position and intellect should be ascertained before marriage. That's my stance.

https://www.nairaland.com/3451811/jobless-graduate-welcomes-set-triplets

You see what I'm saying. Not one, not two, but three!!!!!!!

Advise them to undergo vasectomy and hysterectomy, they'll say I'm a class act. Whatever that implies undecided

By bringing another set to come and suffer? What's your definition of happiness? Castrate myself? Intelligent beings should in fact be paid for procreation. We're doing the society good. cool
You actually believe you are intelligent and you are not afraid to throw it in anyone's face that shows how conceited you really are. folks like you are the easiest to deceive.

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by montezz(f): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2016
Poor and unintelligent people has birthed and raised great,intelligent and rich people.
Which Kain thread be this sef?

4 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by montezz(f): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2016
Gerrard59:
OK. I once again say I concede that I was quite brash.

Truth is: Unlike what most commentators said, I care about people. I want to see people succeed at what they lay their hands on, I want to see people do well. And to be able to achieve this and many more, I understand and believe in proper and quality education (every child deserves the very best) and to achieve this, I believe people should give birth to the number of children they can adequately take proper care of.

I hate seeing little children suffer for the mistakes of their parents - even when contraceptives are cheap and available. Which is why I decided to put up this message. Let's not forget about my definition of POOR. People should stop bringing people into the world to suffer, there is enough suffering already. That's my exactly my point.

On the other hand, I believe in intelligence and believe it's what the country needs at this point; desperately. And yes, I'm intelligent (my achievements speak for me).

Did I learn something from the precise scolding? Yes. Am I sorry? Yes.

Thank you.

Gerrard59.
You shouldn't have said poor people shudnt procreate. That's so unfair. It would have been better if you had said 'poor people should learn to give birth to one or two children'. Omo beere oshi beere.
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Acidosis(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2016
ShaqFu:
The thing is a pastor has no business owning a school(s). When did spreading the word of God translate into owning businesses?

Here you're talking about adults here need to return to primary school. undecided

Pastors should not own businesses? How should pastors feed?
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by ShaqFu: 9:52am On Nov 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Pastors should not own businesses? How should pastors feed?
Whatever happened to them helping themselves to money from offering and tithes?

Or don't some churches pay their pastors?
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by DaniDani(m): 10:08am On Nov 10, 2016
Gerrard59:
CONT'D....

It has argued since aeons that whether intelligence is genetic or environmental https://www.nairaland.com/3435283/intelligence-inherited-family https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/primer/traits/intelligence . Whatever position you might take is solely your prerogative. However, one way or the other, we will agree that the intelligence/brilliance/cleverness of children can be attributed to their parents. An orange tree cannot bring forth apples (maybe through GM technology wink).

Which is why it's very important for individuals and the society to mate when their IQ is above a reasonable threshold and not with any kind person. Check the society today, we have a rising number of m0rons. Even here on Nairaland, the number of cretinous individuals has skyrocketed. This is harmful for the society, both now and in the future. In order for us to have a functioning society, I propose:

- An individual whose IQ is low should not get married.

- Intending couples should please undergo psychiatric and psychological assessments.

- Only intelligent ladies and gents should get married.

- If individuals with low IQ NEED to get married and procreate, it must ONLY be a child and nothing more.

The society is being filled with individuals who cannot think for themselves, are excessively credulous, cannot conduct basic research, argue blindly, spew out information without facts and evidences to back it up, behave anyhow, lack simple work ethic, are unknowledgeable etc. Which is why I continually advise lasses my age not to follow "bling-bling" boys (with nothing upstairs), unless they wish to procreate mumus. I implore them inclusive of the gents to date, cohabit, relate with individuals who are brilliant, intelligent, smart and knowledgeable. Defying the laws of physics (like pair repel, unlike pair attract), in this case, like pair attract and unlike pair repel.

Someone might ask, does OP have a girlfriend? No. Why? It's because I haven't seen a lass that can match my brilliance, intelligence, smartness and being knowledgeable and at the same time being less religious.

So please, in order for us to have a functioning society:

Individuals with a low GDP per Capita should not marry and procreate

ditto,

Individuals with a low IQ.

They should spend time making resources to take care of themselves and improving their IQ. I started watching CNN and BBC at the age of 5, reading newspapers at 10 (Punch and Guardian NG and graduated to The Economist, The Financial Times, WSJ, Straits Times of Singapore, SCMP etc) and it had a profound increase in my vocabulary and knowledge coupled with the quality education at basic level (which is the most important level for educating a child properly) my parents provided. Trust me, when these are done, the society will be better for it.

Gerrard59.
HEAR THE CONCLUSION OF THE WHOLE MATTER "IF MEN WHERE GOD". THIS WORLD IS BEYOND STRAIGHT REASONING AND LOGIC. LIFE TURNS AROUND. POOR TODAY RICH TOMORROW. THE RICH FAILS, THE POOR SUCCEEDS. HOW MANY LIVES HAVE YOU IMPACTED WITH YOUR PROSPERITY?

2 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by missjo(f): 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
eyinjuege:

Na so.

Meanwhile, when a child hasn't been outside his father's farm, he will be of the opinion that his father's farmland is the biggest in the whole world.

It'll be interesting to known the OPs take on his write up in the next 7years..
True. He definitely comes off as someone without a thorough understanding of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by sparkleRed(f): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, most Nigerians have a different perspective of pride. I say it (the topic's title) to anyone who cares to hear. Hearing is the individual's prerogative.

The Nigerian mentality is a bad one and one which I don't like. However, when one gets proper education from the best schools, the effect is minimal. This I have seen. Madam, good/quality education anywhere is not CHEAP. Whether in Singapore, UK, US, Japan, South Africa. Just anywhere. It's not cheap. This is where the government needs to come in (improving public education), however, resources are scarce, corruption rife, plenty mouths to feed. How possible is it?

Someone who hasn't eaten properly wants to keep procreating because he "wants" a male child to carry the "name"?? No investments, proper training, right environment (for good upbringing) and you support the individual to keep procreating? Wow. He doesn't "like" the female gender because "she" cannot carry the name, but wants a male child - yet he cannot buy pampers for the baby he has now. This is my problem with leftism. Hopefully, you'd be there to take care of his potential "battalion". Can you please tell me, what's wrong in him undergoing a vasectomy?

Because a book is on the internet - free to read - doesn't mean I should encourage piracy. If the book is free worldwide, I will read. However, I promote intellectual property and its gains. So I pay for it, and it didn't come cheap. At bolded, that's why e no better for democracy. As for the rest, your prerogative to say whatever you like. I knew from the onset that the thread will evoke emotions, but I had to do it.

I simply want u to know dat u can state ur facts religiously without being insultive dat a man is poor doesn't mean he is a cretin no dat is very wrong.
Remember always be humble, u think u have it all, but remember that they re people who have more and to them u re seen as poor.

2 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by AreaFada2: 12:25am On Nov 18, 2016
My comment is rather late but... I want to still make it.

Gerard's frustration with the less well off having many kids is understandable.

Perhaps with fewer kids, giving them a better quality of most things would be easier & more affordable. Especially in a country without any social safety net.
But then again, people see wealth or affluence or comfortable living from different perspectives.

Therefore, what the govt can do is to encourage planned parenthood. Enlighten intending parents about cost of raising a child up to age 18 or 21 for example. Only a govt believed by parents to be truly caring (through solid social programs) can achieve that.

At the end of the day, eugenics or any other demographic purification/enhancement program or anything close already conceived by the likes of Adolf Hitler 80 years ago is clearly NOT appropriate.

The decision about procreation should remain with individuals in a democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Onegai(f): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
Gerrard59, I saw this yesterday and it reminded me of this thread and your love for South Korea.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/17/south-korea-grounds-all-planes-so-students-can-focus-on-college-exam

I mean, talk about Organisational skills! But that is a lot of pressure for a JAMB-like exam.
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Gerrard59(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
AreaFada2:
My comment is rather late but... I want to still make it.

Gerard's frustration with the less well off having many kids is understandable.

[/b]Perhaps with fewer kids, giving them a better quality of most things would be easier & more affordable. Especially in a country without any social safety net.[b]
But then again, people see wealth or affluence or comfortable living from different perspectives.

Therefore, what the govt can do is to encourage planned parenthood. Enlighten intending parents about cost of raising a child up to age 18 or 21 for example. Only a govt believed by parents to be truly caring (through solid social programs) can achieve that.

Thanks for your input Sir.

The bolded is my main point. On the other hand, I admit I was quite harsh in my tone.

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Gerrard59(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
Onegai:
Gerrard59, I saw this yesterday and it reminded me of this thread and your love for South Korea.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/17/south-korea-grounds-all-planes-so-students-can-focus-on-college-exam

I mean, talk about Organisational skills! But that is a lot of pressure for a JAMB-like exam.

Which is why I say most times, that Asians (Japan, South Korea, Singapore, China) are more organised than Westerners.

About the Jamb-like exam, I will say it's cultural to a great extent. The Asians believe how one performs academically prognosticate one's future. The economic history of most modern day Asian nations is riddled with investments in QUALITY education and the Asian Tiger moms. Today where are they?

On the other hand, Africa has similar culture, but undevelopment and bad governance has made academics look unprofitable and undesirable to most young folks. People do say (even on Nairaland), why become an engineer who might become unemployed or underemployed when Davido, Pantoranking and Wizkid are making it big (no disrespect intended) without the academics?

But the South Koreans took it far when compared to the Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and my favorite Singaporeans. Because of the excessive pressure, Singapore did some changes to her PLSE (our common entrance examination) when students were reported to be committing suicides if they fail even by a mark.
But the culture still remains (Tiger Moms).

I will say that Africa has a lot to learn from Asian nations..

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Onegai(f): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
Gerrard59:

Which is why I say most times, that Asians (Japan, South Korea, Singapore, China) are more organised than Westerners.

About the Jamb-like exam, I will say it's cultural to a great extent. The Asians believe how one performs academically prognosticate one's future. The economic history of most modern day Asian nations is riddled with investments in QUALITY education and the Asian Tiger moms. Today where are they?

On the other hand, Africa has similar culture, but undevelopment and bad governance has made academics look unprofitable and undesirable to most young folks. People do say (even on Nairaland), why become an engineer who might become unemployed or underemployed when Davido, Pantoranking and Wizkid are making it big (no disrespect intended) without the academics?

But the South Koreans took it far when compared to the Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and my favorite Singaporeans. Because of the excessive pressure, Singapore did some changes to her PLSE (our common entrance examination) when students were reported to be committing suicides if they fail even by a mark.
But the culture still remains (Tiger Moms).

I will say that Africa has a lot to learn from Asian nations..

Nigeria is a weird place. We don't really like people knowing too much. Infact, too much education is seen as a hindrance most times here. It is crazy but I don't know any other country where an average doctor and nurse cannot afford to pay their bills without working 2 or more jobs whilst even PA to a Commissioner is balling.

How's your sister? Please let her start her Athletics, remember, opportunities...

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Gerrard59(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Onegai:

Nigeria is a weird place. We don't really like people knowing too much. Infact, too much education is seen as a hindrance most times here. [/b]It is crazy but I don't know any other country where an average doctor and nurse cannot afford to pay their bills without working 3 or more jobs whilst even PA to a Commissioner is balling[b]. Half the courses they teach in Nigeria have no industries to hire their graduates. We are not going to perform any miracles anytime soon.

How's your sister? Please let her start her Athletics, remember, foreign kpalli...

Jesu Khristi shocked shocked

The country don spoil finish.

More than half I'll say, considering even the ones that do have industries aren't enough for the populace. Then again, why will it be so when the cost of doing business in Nigeria is very high? How can someone be spending half of the revenue on diesel & petrol and people expect the unemployment rate to fall?

Thanks for your concern. She's fine. My parents prefer she is done with high school before any sporting activity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? / Help! I Slept With My Brother''s Wife / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.