Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. (10085 Views)

Woman Who Dressed Daughter In Bikini Speaks Out-nigerians Are Poor And Unexposed / INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ONLY! WHO IS THE BABY'S MOTHER / Man Builds House In Calabar For His Poor Neighbours, Childless For 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by youngice(m): 10:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
TV01:
...and if I deem that your IQ and/or wealth are below a threshold I determine, will you agree not to procreate. You don't have the right.

Even if you eliminated all the low IQ and poor people with a click of your fingers, leaving only middle class to very wealthy, over time a new poor and low IQ set of citizens will emerge. The poor will always be with us, as will the not averagely intelligent, as will the puffed up and conceited grin.

Very wrong.

Why limit it to wealth and intelligence. Surely we can introduce other factors. What about physical beauty? We could eliminate short, fat, ugly, disabled or deformed people as well. Lets aim for an utopia of intelligent, rich and beautiful people.

See where this goes? It's called eugenics. Some people, believe black people in their entirety are a drag on the human race. Perhaps they should go too? It's called eugenics, but it's really a form of "playing God" - not within your gift!

My indicators are returning a no for you grin

TV
I love it when people make use of their brains for subjective analysis

A 16 years aged bottle of regal chivas scotch for you

2 Likes

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by TV01(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
youngice:

I love it when people make use of their brains for subjective analysis

A 16 years aged bottle of regal chivas scotch for you
Graciás sir. However I am teetotal. A freshly sueezed juice will suffice. On the rocks of course grin

TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Marxxx: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2017
Wow! I enjoyed this article. Gerrard59 you did a good job. Many years ago, I thought the same way you are thinking presently. I did not attend the best university in Nigeria, neither was I exposed to Financial times, Wall Street journal etc...I was part of the crew that rebelled against the school authority because of PTA=50, development levy=50. I also thought the best way to escape poverty was to study "medicine & surgery" I wanted to study but had few books. I broke into the school dilapidated library to steal books. I ended up in Fisheries. The only good thing in my life then was my girlfriend. As a trainee I was super smart for one without a financial background. We were supposed to attend business school after training but I got drafted straight to work on a new project. Before my colleagues were through with business school I was already a manager.

This things are no longer relevant. No body remembers James Marwick the young scottish who worked tirelessly to what gave birth to the service firm KPMG. If you visit Amstelveen perhaps you will understand better. There is more to life than Intelligence, Education, Wealth and Power. I have a smart friend (first class elect. Elect., Msc comp. Eng with disct, FCA, MBA) he is 37 divorced twice. Is he that "intelligent"? Gerrard59?

I have come to realise that we control less than 1% of what happens to us in life. The man I was supposed to serve (learn how to butcher, portion and sell meat from) sent me away after six months because he caught me fighting, my dad had already informed me not to come home because my brothers were ready to hang me. That was how I went straight to mission. At the mission we only ate decent meals thrice a year(xmas, easter, feast of Don bosco). We only wore nice clothes on st Don bosco day.
Did you know if I were a good kid I could end up selling meat in the market square? I was not the most intelligent at the mission. The smart ones went to seminary schools thanks to the bishop. The second class were drafted for Don bosco secondary, and "we" were left to fate.
Of all my mates back then can say I am the most successful financially but what about marriage? Children? Family? Health? Religion?...you see I have a 1/6 score. There is more to life; yeah...good health and happiness is key. I am not married, I am sick. IQ makes no meaning to me. Super smart, super intelligence doesn't make sense. I pay for oxygen just like you pay for food.

Gerrard59 l saw a picture here on Nairaland about Ali Bongo the gabonese president at the orphange before he was adopted by umar bongo. Everyone cannot reason like you. Let them breed, remember everything is in phases our proposals have negligible effect on how our lives will end. Those smart brainy kids in Syria will not be thinking about IQ right now...what we will be in the end; we will be....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Gerrard59(m): 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Thank you Mr Marxxx. I have learnt a lot. smiley
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by UIA04(f): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, you're mis-quoting me. I said, if one's GDP per Capita is low and cannot ADEQUATELY take proper care of him/her self, they shouldn't marry and procreate. If they NEED (not must) to marry, no child(ren) till when the resoucres are available and discretionary income left.

Yes, I'm pro-eugenic. There will be a formulated system some what like JAMB, if you don't get up to 200, no procreation. I'm all for it. The world needs more intelligence not necessarily beauty. I have seen beautiful girls who are not intelligent and totally unknowledgeable and seen not so beautiful girls who are intelligent not just that, they are also diligent. I prefer the latter to procreate not the former. There's a high number of fvctards in the society, reducing them is a task that must be done.

China did same when she was poor, and reversed it when she became rich. Nigeria should do same.
Higher institutions do so and what's the resultant effect? A failed education system with little or no quality. Singapore spent $15.1BN over a period of ten years into her tertiary education system and what's the result? The National University of Singapore and the Nanyang Technological University are among the top 20 in the QS rankings. How many are there? 5.5 million.

As long as the individual is wealthy (gotten legitimately) enough to purchase the products, no problem. Why should the poor imitate the rich in eating and refuse to do same in procreation? You cannot get exposure by watching NTA, reading poorly written novels, watching unproductive cartoons. One gets exposure by watching top news channels, reading top newspapers, getting access to the computer at a young age, eating properly for the brain to assimilate information, traveling to top places not only an interior village, mating with fellow exposed individuals.

I will need statistics for the "rich man gets poor tomorrow and poor gets rich tomorrow".

Just recently, the man who sold the land where we built our second house gave birth to his second child. This is a man that cannot eat three times daily (even if he does, it is of poor quality). When I asked my mum, she said the cretin told her he "wanted a male child" after his fellow cretin gave birth to a girl as the first child. Why must it be a male she asked? "I want somebody to carry the name of the family". What name? Name that has no Google results? Now, tell me, shouldn't he be sterilised? Shouldn't the wife undergo hysterectomy?

Thank you. However, they should not give birth when their economic standing is poor. Give birth ONLY when it improves and secure investments. The rate of procreation should be directly proportional to their economic success. As for unintelligent people, their case is simply sterilisation.

.....and to think that these persons will vote in an election? shocked

E no go better for democracy. We need a geniocracy.

What Exactly is your definition of intelligence?

High iQ ?
School smart ?
Street smart?
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Gerrard59(m): 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
UIA04:
What Exactly is your definition of intelligence?

High iQ ?
School smart ?
Street Smart?

All the above especially the first two.
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Ranchhoddas: 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
Marxxx:
Wow! I enjoyed this article. Gerrard59 you did a good job. Many years ago, I thought the same way you are thinking presently. I did not attend the best university in Nigeria, neither was I exposed to Financial times, Wall Street journal etc...I was part of the crew that rebelled against the school authority because of PTA=50, development levy=50. I also thought the best way to escape poverty was to study "medicine & surgery" I wanted to study but had few books. I broke into the school dilapidated library to steal books. I ended up in Fisheries. The only good thing in my life then was my girlfriend. As a trainee I was super smart for one without a financial background. We were supposed to attend business school after training but I got drafted straight to work on a new project. Before my colleagues were through with business school I was already a manager.

This things are no longer relevant. No body remembers James Marwick the young scottish who worked tirelessly to what gave birth to the service firm KPMG. If you visit Amstelveen perhaps you will understand better. There is more to life than Intelligence, Education, Wealth and Power. I have a smart friend (first class elect. Elect., Msc comp. Eng with disct, FCA, MBA) he is 37 divorced twice. Is he that "intelligent"? Gerrard59?

I have come to realise that we control less than 1% of what happens to us in life. The man I was supposed to serve (learn how to butcher, portion and sell meat from) sent me away after six months because he caught me fighting, my dad had already informed me not to come home because my brothers were ready to hang me. That was how I went straight to mission. At the mission we only ate decent meals thrice a year(xmas, easter, feast of Don bosco). We only wore nice clothes on st Don bosco day.
Did you know if I were a good kid I could end up selling meat in the market square? I was not the most intelligent at the mission. The smart ones went to seminary schools thanks to the bishop. The second class were drafted for Don bosco secondary, and "we" were left to fate.
Of all my mates back then can say I am the most successful financially but what about marriage? Children? Family? Health? Religion?...you see I have a 1/6 score. There is more to life; yeah...good health and happiness is key. I am not married, I am sick. IQ makes no meaning to me. Super smart, super intelligence doesn't make sense. I pay for oxygen just like you pay for food.

Gerrard59 l saw a picture here on Nairaland about Ali Bongo the gabonese president at the orphange before he was adopted by umar bongo. Everyone cannot reason like you. Let them breed, remember everything is in phases our proposals have negligible effect on how our lives will end. Those smart brainy kids in Syria will not be thinking about IQ right now...what we will be in the end; we will be....
Deep. I visit the family section for posts like this.
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by vinmayo(m): 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nice article....

The problem lies in getting the data. We don't even know how many we are (population) accurately - only assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Berbierklaus(f): 4:36am On Feb 24, 2017
Marxxx:

Oh my goodness shocked

it is well dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Ndipe(m): 2:10am On Nov 07, 2019
Your tone was a tad condescending@Poster.
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Magnoliaa(f): 3:33am On Nov 07, 2019
cococandy:
Meanwhile let's not forget the one good message in all of this. That poor people should only have the number of kids they can take care of.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. lipsrsealed

Yes. Exactly. That's the point, but the OP's approach and worldview made so many people disagree with him. Lol.

-

Life is just so very complicated, with much grey areas. When I read the OP's first paragraph, I thought: but the people who are rich in the world today came from poverty. Absolutely nothing, and climbed the social ladder. But on the flip side, what about the MANY nameless, unknown poor people in this world? Came from four to five to six generations of poverty and still died in poverty? We only get to hear of grass-to-grace stories, but the grass-to-grass ones nko?

There's nothing that makes being poor the only and right ingredient to being successful and purposeful in life.

And still, no one knows tomorrow.

-
An interesting thread here. One of the rare ones on this forum.
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by CsRockefeller(m): 3:37am On Nov 07, 2019
Marxxx:

This is deep Sir, very deep.

Got be thinking since.

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by DontBullshitMe: 12:27am On Aug 06, 2020
Let me revive this thread.

It is a good read. kiss
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by RodgersAkpafu: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
An0nimus:

@Bolded. That's what it sounds like.

Gerrard59 I respect you and know you're a smart young bobo (think we met on the Monsanto thread). That said, I think this post is pretty disjointed and in some part, condescending.

All fingers are not equal my brother and people have differing choices. Not every one was lucky enough to go to the best schools. We didn't choose the famillies we were born into and if we had that choice, low income earners might've all been barren.

I agree with some points though. I believe people should give birth to the number of children they can take care of. One, two kids or a football team, it doesn't matter. Just be capable enough to take care of them.

I know an oil worker that has 5 kids and is training 2 others plus a house help. They all go to nice schools (I think one goes to a school in that same Eket) and the man is shouldering it all. Another man has 6 kids, an oil oga too, and all kids are doing great. These men are not living in rented apartments and hustling, they are balling.

So you see, once a man feels he can handle it then I believe it's fair. I'm against having kids and not being able to cater for them -- even if it's one child.

On IQ-marriage, I share this sentiment and hope to marry a smart woman. But I will not impose it on anybody. Life is not all about being book smart or street smart. Some got married to dullardinhos and their kids sing some of the songs Nigerians jump to today (no offense to anyone). They are sucessful.

Success is relative. Also, it is possible to get marred to someone of below average IQ, have kids and send them to the best schools.

A CU or Harvard otondo will most likely have a different thought process from a Nigerian public uni one.

I dont think having many kids even if you THINK you can take care of them all is a good idea though
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by RodgersAkpafu: 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2021
munas:

You are just an over fed kid that know nothing about life and how people move from zero to hero.

The mr Elumelu you keep talking about is from a poor background and he even attended one of the worst state universities in Nigeria;Edo state university Ekpoma.
He did not wake up from one side of his bed and extablised STB before acquiring UBA.

Cosmas maduka of Coscharis group ended formal education in primary 3 and today he is a billionaire with 5 kids and in the board of 2 banks.He even employs foreign degree holders plus your so called CU and redemmers uni graduates

Ifeanyi Uba droped out of secondary school in jss 3 because his parent could not pay school fees and he moved on to kearn a trade.
Today he is 46 years old and the owner of biggest oil depot in Nigeria and he is also in control of the oil industry in Congo kinshaha.
His wife is a a graaduate from ABU and they have 5 kids

Cletus Ibetoisa bilionaire by all standards never went to school beacuse his parent could not pay his fees,Today thousand of even foreign degree holders are applying to work for him.

If the parents of these few people that i have mentioned among many deceided not to give birth to them because they were poor,they would have just cut short God's odained destinies.

So you can go to your 500k secondary school and kids from 3,000 secondary school will make it big in life leaving you behind.
Its not by how much school you attended...If your parents are previledge to send you to such school,good but if others parents sent them to free education,then good too.

You guys should dispassionately get what he is trying to say

Maybe his delivery is somehow crude
But apart from that I think I agree with Gerrard
Poor folks (both materially and mentally) should NOT be having many kids

It's out refusal to rein in on this destructive behaviour that birthed the social ills we are having today (Banditry, Almajiri, etc)

I challenge you to go under oshodi bridge as we speak this evening
Scan the area and see for yourself the destructive consequence of low lives breeding kids like rats

There are people who are materially poor, but are wise enough to have the number of kids (4 and below) that they can at least strive for
But you and I know that the majority in that bracket make poor choices when it comes to that regard

That's why I'll say again
I think I'll take side with Gerrard59

1 Like

Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by RodgersAkpafu: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2021
cococandy:
Meanwhile let's not forget the one good message in all of this. That poor people should only have the number of kids they can take care of.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. lipsrsealed

You know Nigerians get emotional easily
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by HoneyWholesaler: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
grin interesting read

P.S. For the least expensive wholesaler of original undiluted HONEY straight from the bee farm, check my signature
Re: Poor And Un-intelligent People Should Not Procreate. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gerrard59:
Yesterday, I went to drop off my sister at Monef Schools in Uyo. While with her during the clearance (ensuring the right things are brought to the hostel), I scanned the environment; saw well-off individuals (by Nigerian standards, I will say they are in the middle class category), groomed kids, handsome and beautiful, well fed, properly dressed, driven in SUVs etc. Why was and is it so?

Monef Schools (Kiddies and High) can be categorised as one of the top schools in Akwa Ibom together with the likes of Rayfield, Top Faith, Esteem High School, Graceland Schools and others I might not know (especially in Eket). Here, is where the creme da la creme of the state send their kids (albeit there's "free education" in the state, even though I detest free education) and the fees don't come cheap, 250K-400K per term without other added fees. For instance, my sister's fees and registration during her final class is 500K, I asked about Top Faith and was told it's slightly above a million. I must say, compared to Rivers State, it's cheap (However, the scale of economics differ, Rivers is expensive compared to Akwa Ibom). When I was schooling in Port-Harcourt, I knew the likes of Emmy Norberton, Hallel College, Brainfield, Bereton, Bloombred College etc charged high fees. A course mate from Emmy Norberton told me as at when she was there, her fees was 350K per term. You can imagine how much the finals will cost. What about me, then? It was 200K. However, that was then, this is now. I know that the aforementioned fees are "chicken change" for parents and students in Lagos, where good schools charge fees in millions. Grange Schools, British International College, American International School, St Saviour (on their website, you read about how they are quite selective in admission in order to "maintain the diversity" http://www.stsavioursschikoyi.org/admissions-process-2/), Corona Secondary School, Greensprings School etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/2821724/top-23-most-expensive-secondary .

Before someone says I'm boasting, or it's a Nigerian thing. I'm stating facts and it's everywhere (UK (Eton School, Cheltenham Ladies' College), Singapore (Raffles Institution, ANGLO-CHINESE SCHOOL) etc. Why am I saying this?

Believe it or not, the school one goes to determines the quality of education, quality of carriage, quality of reasoning and critical thinking, quality of discipline, quality of spoken english, quality of exposure, quality of character, quality of networking (aka, connections) one gets. Quality or "perceived" quality is expensive, this is everywhere. For someone to get the right quality whether product or service, you need to pay a high sum. No matter what, a Harvard/Oxford trained individual cannot get poor. Same cannot be said for an "atutupouyoyo" university. Good education cost money(which is why I don't criticise Covenant University's fees, only when he starts threatening people with "God's wrath"

Which is why I get irked not pained when I see kids hawk products in daytime during school hours; I get disturbed when lads and lasses struggle to sell an item, whether they'll get profits from it I don't know; I get worried when children who should be sleeping or reading or playing creative thinking games their age are sent to sell gala, plantain chips, biscuits, and the popular one pure water. Why I get pained is that the parents of these children had thoughts of them becoming useful in life. Useful by selling gala? Why I get pained, is that instead of undergoing family planning, they were saying God will provide and "manna" will fall from heaven (even though this is not Israel) and vomiting the phrase "Go ye into the world and multiply"; which is a deceiving verse as it doesn't talk about responsibility(ies). These kids grow up (if they're safe from sickness and accidents) to become riff-raffs, boko harmamites, militants, street urchins and all of sort of ills in the society. As a result, I have stopped buying things during traffic and especially from kids.

So in respect of that, I advocate:

- An individual whose GDP per capita is low should not get married.

- If married, they shouldn't give birth to any child(ren) at all.

- However, if they NEED to. Thy shouldn't give birth to more than a child after which the man should undergo a vasectomy and the woman a hysterectomy.

- If possible, they should be sterilised.

From my observations in Monef, most individuals had a maximum of THREE kids, but a m0ronic (permit me to use the word) human being as this has FIVE!!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/3143689/cobbler-wife-welcome-triplets-uyo
Tell me, how will he and his wife ensure their kids get the best education? Nutrition? Facilities? Amenities? Exposure? Network? Can these ones go to Top Faith? Monef? Graceland? Grange? No is the answer, emphatically. Or this one:
https://www.nairaland.com/3210991/plight-street-sweepers-abuja#47290159

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against people procreating. In fact I encourage it (higher population, bigger market, more people to sell products and services etc), but not in the Nigerian context where an individual who hasn't eaten three times daily (nutritiously) will be told to go and marry. What's the point having a ginormous population when they can't get quality education, healthcare (CT scan costs 65K in good clinics, a reflective glass cost me 21K recently. Tell me, if pikin break head how will the parent fund it? ). People should know the country they are in. This is not Singapore or Japan or Sweden or South Korea where the governments actively encourage people to procreate, those are RICH nations with superb infrastructure, education system, healthcare, amenities etc. What I'm emphasizing is that individuals should give birth to a number of child(ren) they can ADEQUATELY take PROPER care of. One Nigerian example is Mr Tony Elumelu
https://www.nairaland.com/2772080/tony-elumelus-wife-delivers-two .
Albeit, I don't like the aspect of "wanting" a male child, but then, that's ELUMELU. He has the capacity to take adequate care of them not some riff-raff down the road who should be a high consumer of condom, postinor, vasectomy services, abortion clinics.

Prognostically, myself and future wife will procreate only TWO children (I don't like crowd), after which I'll go for a vasectomy and she a hysterectomy. Not that we won't have the resources, but, whatever we have will be used to take PROPER care of the kids and secure their future. Who wouldn't want his/her kids to go British International Lekki College? However, no be for mouth, na money dey talk. This can only be achieved when parents give birth to what they can take care of. I have seen cases (recently, a mason gave birth to his fourth child and invited my family to his "child dedication" and I objected, which I'm sure he would have required some "donations". I hate helping m0rons) when individuals procreate children they can't take proper care and they are nowhere to be found in the society today; educationally, exposure-wise, health care, nutrition etc.

As for the phrase, "Children are a blessing from God". That's possible when they are properly taken care of, not when they are sent to grandma for tutoring even when the grandma hasn't eaten well.

"Giving birth is cheap, raising them is expensive" - (Gerrard59, 2016)
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-3448120/Cost-raising-child-spirals-230-000.html
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/24/cost-to-raise-a-child-compared-to-decade-ago
You talk too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? / Help! I Slept With My Brother''s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.