Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN (8244 Views)

750 SDG Trainees Collect 100,000 Each From Enugu State Government / Twenty Million People Apply For 100,000 Railway Jobs / Google To Train 100,000 Nigerian Software Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by olokeded: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
The Lagos State Government on Monday said that it has set a target to utilize the N25billion Employment Trust Fund to provide financial support to over 100,000 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) within the next three years.

Executive Secretary of the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF), Mr. Akintunde Oyebode, who spoke while briefing journalists at the Bagauda Kaltho Press Centre said the fund, was in line with Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s vision to create employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for all Lagosians.

Acknowledging the fact that Lagosians are eagerly awaiting the commencement of the fund, especially with the challenging economic recession, the Executive Secretary said the Board set up to manage the funds had spent the last few months perfecting strategies and addressing grey areas ahead of the commencement of the disbursement of the funds later this year.

Explaining further, he said the Board of Trustees embarked on several strategy sessions to define the mission, vision, core values and strategic framework to guide the Fund’s activities.

“After the completion of the research exercise, the Board working with its appointed consultants developed a strategic framework articulating the goals of the Board, the key interventions designed to enhance job creation, and the supporting infrastructure needed to deliver the set goals. This exercise has now been concluded and approved by the Lagos State Executive Council,” he said.

Highlighting some of the framework for the disbursement, Oyebode said the fund would provide loans to MSMEs at a single digit interest rates per annum, while training and capacity building and technical support would be provided to drive growth and job creation.

“The businesses we support must demonstrate capacity to repay our loans; be owned by Lagos residents duly registered by the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA); show evidence of tax payments to the Lagos Inland Revenue Service (LIRS); and have valid Bank Verification Numbers (BVNs). In addition to our MSME financing schemes, we will also train unemployed residents to either take up identified jobs or run their businesses,” he said.

Oyebode added that in adherence with Section 6 of the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Law of 2016, the Board has forwarded the Operating Guidelines outlining the proposed interventions and eligibility criteria for approval by the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Oyebode expressed optimism that the fund would have multiplier effect with the capacity to create 300,000 direct and 600,000 indirect jobs while about 200,000 new tax payers would be added to the State’s tax net.

He said that the LSETF Board, in order to ensure sustainability of the Fund, has set its target to raise a minimum of N25 billion from domestic and international donors, in addition to the N25billion already committed by the State Government.

“Once the pilot phase is completed, we will rollout our loan schemes in all 57 LGAs and LCDAs across Lagos State. The full rollout will see us visit all LGAs to hold stakeholder sessions, where our staff will educate applicants on the application process, and the eligibility criteria for our various schemes. We are also in the process of setting up liaison offices in 20 LGAs, to bring the Fund’s activities closer to the people, and increase our points of representation to serve Lagos residents,” he said.

Corroborating him, Commissioner for Wealth Creation and Employment, Dr. Babatunde Durosinmi-Etti said Governor Ambode’s administration was committed to ensuring the fund impacts on the lives of Lagosians.

He lauded the plan by the LSETF Board to set up offices in 20 Local Governments in the State, saying that it would go a long way to ensuring that no area is marginalized.

“It is important that this process has taken considerable time, we need to make it work and also ensure that it is to the benefit of all Lagosians,” Durosinmi-Etti said.

Adding his voice, Chairman, House Committee on Wealth Creation and Employment, Hon. Sola Giwa, assured that members of the House would give the Operational Guidelines of the fund expeditious passage.

“This is one of the pivotal promises of Governor Ambode and I can assure you that the House would do its best to ensure that we do it right,” Giwa said.

SIGNED

HABIB ARUNA

CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY

NOVEMBER 7, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/lagos-to-support-100000-enterpreneurs.html

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin

The guy below me sha...#SMH

OWO TI DE

This would encourage employment to an extent in Lagos..big ups Ambode..Big ups Gidi!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
First to comment,God thank u
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by Rapsainot(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
No be Naija??
Topic should rather be
"LAGOS TO SUPPORT POLITICIAN RELATIVES WITH N25BN"
Nothing good works here!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by holuwatobhy(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
Bronze position...
Ambode is working
Ambode for president.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by OkoYibo: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
The foresight of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has brought about exceptional leaders like Fashola Ambode who are able to steer the economy of Lagos state towards prosperity in a time of economic recession.

I hope other states are learning from this and planning ahead to tackle any eventualities.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by goingape2: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
Afonjas always like to talk but cant do.

we hear this kind of news almost everyday but yet to actualise it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by hemartins(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
goingape2:
we hear this kind of news almost everyday but yet to actualise it.

Flat head

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by itsIYKE(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hope they see it through
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by directonpc(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
K
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by drsteroid(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
laudable! This is one of his campaign promises which is being fulfilled. Btw, what is wrong with Ogun state govt?no new project,all projects have been abandoned

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mostly indigenous people
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by richidinho(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Ol boy see money

Lagos state is really helping Osunites
I doubt if there are up to 10,000 real Lagos indigene

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by jeeqaa7(m): 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
this kind news dey tire me ... remind me wen next we here about this news or what really happened
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by ayusco85(m): 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
99000 will be Yoruba beneficiaries.
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by Vaxt(m): 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rapsainot:
No be Naija?? Topic should rather be "LAGOS TO SUPPORT POLITICIAN RELATIVES WITH N25BN" Nothing good works here!!
u talk ponqwam
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by OkoYibo: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
Keneking:
Mostly indigenous people

Before nko? Can you trace your father's compound in Lagos?
You think because you sell garden egg in Lagos traffic, you have a say?

Better go back to Anambra and start harvesting the imaginary Ugu that Obiano planted.

23 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by eezeribe(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hope it works
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by 4words: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nice one,

I will advise people to go into exportation of farm and animal products.

It's our collective duty to make Nigeria great.

Be positive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by diamondtouch(m): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
To be shared to the root[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by baba11(m): 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
LET'S WAIT AND SEE

Till then,i reserve my comment.
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by AntiIPOOP(m): 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
hemartins:

Flat head
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by meettosin87(m): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
JOIN THE EXCLUSIVE LIST OF SILENT ENTREPRENEURS who make huge money every week via bulk sms business.

We Setup One BulkSMS Portal With Diverse Sources Of Income For You
Unlimited Resellers: Your bulk sms portal is multi-functional as it supports sub-resellers who will be buying from you. Another amazing fact is that your sub-resellers can also have resellers under them and on and on like that without having any adverse effect on your own website.
Voucher Management System: Your bulk sms portal supports voucher recharge which allows you to create vouchers like that of the telecommunications companies and sell offline thus creating a larger marketing opportunity for you.
Secured Online Payment System: Members of your website can buy sms with their ATM card (depending on the plan you pay for).
Content Management System: This implies you can edit everything on the portal to suit your needs. We'll show you how to do that.
Open Gateway: It is not compulsory you use our own gateway. You can use anyone you choose (However, we advise you ensure the gateway you choose guarantee the delivery of your sms else you will be out of business before you have even started).
NationWide GSM Database Sorted By Local Governments: This is the added advantage you have as we give you for FREE, this premium database which you can resell over and over again to your sub-resellers or end users.

And Most Importantly,
Our After-Sales Support Which Is One Of Our Unique Business Pillars.
NOT TO WORRY, our Detailed Marketing Video & E-Book Guide will help you tremendously. Once you go through it and take MASSIVE ACTION, you can be very sure of making MONEY OVER AND OVER AGAIN on a consistent basis.
Take action NOW and make that decision to be in control of your future finances with your own very business! Whether you are offline or online, you have to be able to secure and control your own finances. Owning your own business JUST LIKE THIS ONE will help you achieve this. With you owning this bulk sms services business, you are not at the mercy of everyone.

NOW IS THE TIME TO START YOUR OWN BULK SMS SERVICES BUSINESS!!

You can get started NOW!!!

From here, THE CHOICE Is up to you...
I'm patiently waiting to help you create the future you desire. Grab this opportunity now with your two hands and live the life you've been dreaming of.

Warning: To ensure you don't miss out, text "Set Up My Portal" to 08186044314 NOW!!! as the number of people to have this business setup are few.

Connect with me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/colonycare Whatsapp: 08124884650 | www.bansmsg.com
P.S. If you ask me, I'll tell you this is one business you must regret later if you don't pop in right away. If you do need any further explanation, simply call our number, 08186044314
www.bansmsg.com

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by semasir: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
Unfortunate me with no LASRAA number since I've not been living in Lagos since the last 3yrs plus now.

I wish I can get it with all my biodata to support my claim of my indigeneship
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by OkoYibo: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
goingape2:

We hear this kind of news almost everyday but yet to actualise it.

Ambode has executed more projects than your Governors, their predecessors your ancestors put together. That explains why your Governors steal the future of you and your generations and invest it in Lagos.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by DozieInc(m): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lagos is a model state... Ambode is working.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by FlyoruB: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
richidinho:

I doubt if there is up to 10,000 real Lagosians

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by suyamasta(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by AAinEqGuinea: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

The guy below me sha...#SMH

OWO TI JA DE

This would encourage employment to an extent in Lagos..big ups Ambode..Big ups Gidi!!!

grin ... Is that Don Jazzy on the left?
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
AAinEqGuinea:

grin ... Is that Don Jazzy on the left?

Yup..That's from the "Surulere" video

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by AAinEqGuinea: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
unclezuma:

Yup..That's from the "Surulere" video

Thanks. I watched the video for the first time right now, only at that point did the real dancing begin, lots of high-energy, Nigeria's own dab.
Re: Lagos To Support 100,000 Enterpreneurs With N25BN by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
AAinEqGuinea:

Thanks. I watched the video for the first time right now, only at that point did the real dancing begin, lots of high-energy, Nigeria's own dab.

You go school... grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cadet ASP, NDLEA, EFCC Recruitment 2014/2015 / Distributors And Resellers Wanted For NAFDAC Certified Packaged Foods / Can You Pay To Get Your Dream Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.