Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,239 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

$29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari (20360 Views)

Budget 2017 : China May Withhold $29.9b Loans / 17 States To Benefit From Fed Govt’s $29.9b Loan (see The List) / Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Sibrah: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
VampireeM:
The issue here isnt the intention of the loan which of course is very commendable but we all know this Nigeria and we are corrupt! The problem is some set of persons embezzeling our future for their own personal use and not held accountable for it! Maina and the pension scam comes to mind.

PMB may have good intentions but we dont want him mortgaging/gambling our future with this loan.. He should forget about the loan and go after past corrupt official esp the ones in APC, starting with Abba Kyari 500million grass cutting scam etc..

BTW, PMB and his govt has not told Nigerians in details how the money would be spent.. We all know this govt has no blueprint, just doing trial and error with us.

I am not in support of the Loan @least now
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by saintmark88(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
franciskaine:
go and do ur NIMC enrolment and stop over emphasising the issue of ID CARD. The loan is simply to help in infrastructure devt which will directly or indirectly aid in diversifying our economy. Every one wants diversification but none will consider the paucity of funds in diversifying. Unless we borrow, the infrastructural decay witnessed in Nigeria will continue for a long time. We need atleast 10,000mwt of electricity to bring us out of our power conundrum, where will the fund come from if not borrowing?

Rational Nigerians shouldn't be worried about the loan but on what it should be used for and proper implementation. Take for instance, we get the loan and proper implementation carried out in the area of power and rail network, I bet you, the cost of doing business in Nigeria will not only reduce but also enhance maximum productive inputs and attract FDI which will employ more and Nigerians and generate greater revenue for the govt.

The only sensible comment I have seen so far

1 Like

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
Saintp:
Judging by how PMB carries himself, I wouldn't have believed that he can be interested in taking loans not to talk of a whooping $30 billion if someone had suggested it 2 years ago.

I would have thought that his focus would have been to drastically reduce the cost of governance even if it means sending a bill to the legislature that would force all tiers of govt to drastically
reduce their wicked allowance and security vote.
We need to explore all avenues to cut waste before talking about loan

PMB has not shown to be different from other politicians otherwise where exactly is the change?
drastically reduce the allowance of govt officials in a democracy? That's nearly impossible in Nigeria with the attendant self-centred govt officials we have.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
Edo and Lagos as good example for loans used wisely? Jokers....
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by emi14: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
Chai chai...re-presentation of the loan bill means senators hands have been adequately greased. Consider the borrowing request approved.The public was there when the first attempt was thrown out of chamber. Stop the loan.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Autino(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
Untill all nigerians are dead before buhari will have rest of mind.when you try to finish every body with hunger just becouse fulanis only drink NUNU and they don't import it,you are not successful and for more hard ship of 30bn you will not succeed
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Originalsly: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
I wish the senators would stop wasting time and make it clear that no loan would get their approval. How can one request a loan for X amount without stating the purpose and giving details how that amount was reached? This clearly shows that there is a hidden agenda. .and they would write anything on paper to get the loan request approved.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Zetra(m): 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
kollynxofodile:
This is a country that doesn't have a database of it's Citizen.

If that 500b can be channelled into creating a unified and tamper proof ID card for Nigerians

The funny thing is that this Abokis will never agree to a real ID database of the Country,

it's not about "tamper proof IDcard", it about the government refusing to allow it work.
we have TIN, NIMC, BVN, SIM registration, Liaison registration, University registration, PVC, bank details etc
all these registration is more than enough to even get your location, but we don't have any centre database to share the information because the people you talk about will not allow it because it will expose them and stop corruption buy 50%

Imagine if atm card can work tell me why can't PVC work or other cards of the govt. if PVC is allowed to work, usage voters will be found, rigging reduced. from all d various registration in Internet also will be combined to the database just like the WEST
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by ndcide(m): 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
Oga Seun and lalasticlala,

Kindly help set up a structured thread just like the ones for miss nairaland, where we can make real submission on this loan issue.

It should be a well monitor thread where irrelevant posts and attacks will be out of it.

I believe people without sentiments can make their positions.

Let's do our public hearing on nairaland.

Personally, I don't support this loan and it's not for APC / PDP reasons. I don't even believe Adeosun believes in that loan. Somehow, if you look at her in the eyes and press her, the truth will come out...

A lot of people in government don't buy the idea of this loan. But there's this fear of speaking against it because of buhari.

Can you help make this happen.

2 Likes

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by teadrake(m): 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
dre11:

I quiet agree with the senators on this that the loan dispute should be brought to public for debate and the government should be ready to give a convincing reasons on why it needed to secure the loans and not just paraphrase.......

They promised to run an 'open and sincere" government..... so, let them convince us as the convince the populace for 'votes and change'
I applaud your subjection sir,and am fully in support.However,You would agree with me we have senators in the upper legislative chamber who are scavenger,saboteur and selfish politians.Am in support of PMB reasons not to disclose the details of the 500 billion social investment plan to the senators,they could hijack the whole thing for their kinsmen
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by focus7: 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
The Senate should also be fair enough to bring for public debate the bogus salary and allowance they are collecting for sitting for few days in month while hardworking civil servants earns pie nuts, also to bring for public debate is whether or not legislation job should be converted to a part time job.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by teadrake(m): 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
VampireeM:
The issue here isnt the intention of the loan which of course is very commendable but we all know this Nigeria and we are corrupt! The problem is some set of persons embezzeling our future for their own personal use and not held accountable for it! Maina and the pension scam comes to mind.

PMB may have good intentions but we dont want him mortgaging/gambling our future with this loan.. He should forget about the loan and go after past corrupt official esp the ones in APC, starting with Abba Kyari 500million grass cutting scam etc..

BTW, PMB and his govt has not told Nigerians in details how the money would be spent.. We all know this govt has no blueprint, just doing trial and error with us.

I am not in support of the Loan @least now
Brilliant assertion!!But how we get out of the current plague we found ourselves as a nation?National assets is not an option,recovered loot?Looters,with their legal mafioso are still thinking they could win back their seized property and assets.I think we need to know who the real enemy is.The bunch of senators that paddled the budget or the president
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by kmaxx(m): 7:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
kollynxofodile:

Of course I have done the registration since eight months ago

Still waiting for their SMS

I did mine since Feb. 2014. Still waiting for there sms. I even went to their office here in Abuja. Sorry mr kmax, ur card isn't ready yet. Kindly check back when u get an sms from us. Jeez! Kilode? 4 hw long na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by OlujobaSamuel: 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
Ranks007:

Bros humble yourself and learn about the evil process western powers (international bankers) use to cripple the economy and resources of nations!
not so sure I get you bro, or you probably not get me. Kindly explain.
What my post means is that the executive should be ready to explain in details, the purpose of the loan to the general public.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by waShine(m): 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
sammyj:
In as much as i don't like this fat selfish Sinators they are on point on this one. PMB and his team should put their acts together and do the needful!!! angry cool
I am aware of many Nijerians that are in posession of National Voter's Cards and National I.D. Cards, I know them for real and for sure.

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by waShine(m): 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
femiero:
Let Buhari use the $90 billion he recovered from Deziani to fund whatever capital projects he wants to embark upon

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
not so sure I get you bro, or you probably not get me. Kindly explain.
What my post means is that the executive should be ready to explain in details, the purpose of the loan to the general public.

Alryt
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by waShine(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
femiero:
Let Buhari use the $90 billion he recovered from Deziani to fund whatever capital projects he wants to embark upon
WERE IS THE RECOVERD MONEY? WHY NOT USE IT INSTEAD, OR IT IS A SCAM

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Princeroyal: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
I don't understand the rational behind leaving south east from d proposed loan, therefore am of th opinion that the laon should not be approved,and secondly they didn't provide what they will in the loan.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Saintp(m): 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
franciskaine:
drastically reduce the allowance of govt officials in a democracy? That's nearly impossible in Nigeria with the attendant self-centred govt officials we have.

But he can try. He can send a bill to that effect. Yes, those thieves in the NA will frustrate it but it can be done with the right pressure. The problem is that he seems comfortable with the status quo maybe because he is benefiting from it. What we need in this country is LEADERSHIP which we have never got.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by engrhorla(m): 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
franciskaine:
go and do ur NIMC enrolment and stop over emphasising the issue of ID CARD. The loan is simply to help in infrastructure devt which will directly or indirectly aid in diversifying our economy. Every one wants diversification but none will consider the paucity of funds in diversifying. Unless we borrow, the infrastructural decay witnessed in Nigeria will continue for a long time. We need atleast 10,000mwt of electricity to bring us out of our power conundrum, where will the fund come from if not borrowing?

Ran't be worried about the loan but on what it should be used for and proper implementation. Take for instance, we get the loan and proper implementation carried out in the area of power and rail network, I bet you, the cost of doing business in Nigeria will not only reduce but also enhance maximum productive inputs and attract FDI which will employ more Nigerians and generate greater revenue for the govt. So far we are not borrowing to pay salaries but invest in infrastructure, then I'm in total support of it.

Pls kindly name d infrastructures that will be developed

Also lecture us on what Nigerian budget is supposed to do
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2016
engrhorla:

Pls kindly name d infrastructures that will be developed

Also lecture us on what Nigerian budget is supposed to do
so a budget of #6trn will fix the road, Power, rail deficit in Nigeria and also diversify our economy? U need think again.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by mixoull(m): 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
so far Buhari as govern this country like a frustrated and confused leader, perhaps he as given up on the corruption fight, knowing clearly time is against him just maybe. The loan request is a clear compensation avenue to extort his own bit,(typical) otherwise, he should make it transparent, give a proper spread sheet on where and what the money will be going into, we are tired of being treated like cows, enough!! Stop hitting us hard with heavy might, we can't sink deeper than this, we need transparency sir, if that all what your tenure will offer us, it will make a great difference with so much change to give in return to your generation.. Its not an easy battle, but it is achievable, at least the same team of senate that was put together during your regime for the first time
In Nigeria history seem to have the masses at heart. We will raise again, Despite the recession, our heart deep inside, is enrich with Gold.. We are good people .. We just need the right saviour..
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by mixoull(m): 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by bishopjoe02(m): 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
franciskaine:
so a budget of #6trn will fix the road, Power, rail deficit in Nigeria and also diversify our economy? U need think again.

do you know what is 6trillion, or do you think it is 6thousand. the 2016 budget that have already be exhausted show me the project it was used for.

what is the repayment plan for this loan.
when did infrastructure development now becomes economy diversification.

2 Likes

Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by engrhorla(m): 9:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
franciskaine:

So you mean these things will be initiated, planned, executed and commissioned in a year?
Do u av d faintest idea of years it took to finish Kad to Abj rail, do u knw how many years FG has been on east - west road, do u knw how many years Lag to Ib expressway has been expanded, do u knw how many years Ib to ilorin expressway took?

Do you?
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Toluensdollars(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
Only God can save man in dis country, now its loan wahala again. Every blessed day i wake up from bed, i keep on losing faith in dis present administration. God save us
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
bishopjoe02:

do you know what is 6trillion, or do you think it is 6thousand. the 2016 budget that have already be exhausted show me the project it was used for.

what is the repayment plan for this loan.
when did infrastructure development now becomes economy diversification.

you still need lots of economics thinking to do. The infrastructure or sub-structure is the basis of a nation's development, a failure to fix and prioritise this infrastructure is a failure of the entire economy. How do you diversify without stable electricity, good roads, rail infrastructure, good education?, etc, development is dependent on infrastructure sir.

If you must know, recurrent expenditure takes a larger chunk of that #6trn and leaves a smaller percentage for infrastructure development. You borrow to invest in infrastructure and not to spend on recurrent expenditure. I support the govt in total.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by CioAngels(f): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
Which senators asking for public hearing when they know already that ordinary Nigerians views don't matter to them. Senators are not people to be trusted becos they know they will approve it to make Buhari back down on their cases. Saraki ma nwa oju re buhari ma ni. All these thieving senators. The politicians will divide the money amongst them, especially abba kyari, daura, lawal and others becos they are the ones to dispense the money. This is a test on the intergrity of senator shewu sani. Waiting to hear his contributions.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
engrhorla:

So you mean these things will be initiated, planned, executed and commissioned in a year?
Do u av d faintest idea of years it took to finish Kad to Abj rail, do u knw how many years FG has been on east - west road, do u knw how many years Lag to Ib expressway has been expanded, do u knw how many years Ib to ilorin expressway took?

Do you?
under whose administration? That other govts failed to prioritize infrastructure development does not mean Buhari shouldn't make it a primacy. Nigeria can only develop wen we fix our infrastructural deficit.
Re: $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari by olajohnson5(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
Public earing is very okay for future record.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyetola's Acceptance Speech As Osun Governor-elect / 2023: Moghalu Announces Six-Party Merger To Rival APC, PDP / APC Has Majority In Senate –punch Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.