Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. (8160 Views)

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by babapupa: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2009
http://thepmnews.com/2009/10/30/lagos-shuts-churches

Lagos Shuts Churches
October 30, 2009 15:18 (1 hour ago)

By Kazeem ugbodaga

The Lagos State Government has shut down a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God and two parishes of Mountain of Fire Miracles Church, MFM.

Sixteen companies were also shut this morning over environmental pollution and degradation. Also shut down was Academy Press Plc, Ilupeju for obstructing LASEPA officials from carrying out their duty.

Officials of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, LASEPA, Task Force and OP-MESA stormed the affected places this morning and shut them for violating LASEPA Edict.

The three churches located in Ojo area of the state were shut over noise pollution.

The closure of the affected places is part of the state government’s effort to sanitise the environment and prevent all kinds of pollution.

Also shut down was Academy Press Plc, Ilupeju for obstructing LASEPA officials from carrying out their duty.

Flash Industries, Ogba, was shut for failing to comply with the directive of the agency as well as over poor management of waste oil.

TIPP Press Limited, Somolu, was closed for emitting fume from generator, noise pollution and poor aesthetics, while an illegal chemical depot in the area was also shut.

Ogekpo Printing Press, Ajao Estate, was shut over noise pollution and gaseous emission from generator, while Relonola Advertising Limited, Oregun was shut over noise pollution.

Veracity Company, Rolly Polly, Road Network Transport, all at Oregun and Feenak Company Limited, Ajao Estate were shut over spent oil spillage and a bakery was also shut over noise and air pollution.

Tower Houseware, Ikeja and Sosaco Nigeria Limited were shut over offences ranging from obstructing LASEPA officials from carrying out their duties, failure to observe industrial exercise and noise pollution from generators.

LASEPA General Manager, Engr. Rasheed Shabi said the agency over a period of time investigated complaints about sanitation and environmental pollution caused by these companies and churches and decided to shut them down.

The affected companies continued with their nuisance despite the issuance of abatement of nuisance notices.

Shabi stated that the affected companies will not be reopened until they comply with the environmental laws of the state.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by babapupa: 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
Moving towards a clean, sane and stable society. We'll get there.

Eko o ni baje l'oju awon olote.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by jaybee3(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2009
Nice move.
Fashola should sanitize them lot
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2009
Please please please come to festac and deal with the psychotic biatch and her husband who are turning my close to
something else with their so called ministry  kiss kiss
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2009
Fashola, A man after my heart
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2009
Touché
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
KRS ONE- You're feeling, you're hearing, You're smelling it just wait and see. I don't care how you Fashola zombies take this, but wait and see. It's all going to be like kabooom. There are tons of mosques in Lagos that are in the wrong corners of Lagos and god knows when they are done using that water they use in cleaning their bodies, they leave a stagnant water and mosquitoes love that. He's a Muslim people, he can't do that to mosques in Lagos. Just wait and see. If you have any land in Lagos, go and register it properly now and if the government needs it, they should rent it not take it away from you or buy it from you. Gullible people una never start. The land belong to the people and if the government needs it for any reason, they should rent it not buy it. This isn't America, this is a native land America is built with by immigration therefore only the government have power over land distribution the people doesn't.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by babapupa: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2009
9jaganja:

KRS ONE- You're feeling, you're hearing, You're smelling it just wait and see. I don't care how you Fashola zombies take this, but wait and see. It's all going to be like kabooom. There are tons of mosques in Lagos that are in the wrong corners of Lagos and god knows when they are done using that water they use in cleaning their bodies, they leave a stagnant water and mosquitoes love that. He's a Muslim people, he can't do that to mosques in Lagos. Just wait and see. If you have any land in Lagos, go and register it properly now and if the government needs it, they should rent it not take it away from you or buy it from you. Gullible people una never start. The land belong to the people and if the government needs it for any reason, they should rent it not buy it. This isn't America, this is a native land America is built with by immigration therefore only the government have power over land distribution the people doesn't.

Ode, he is not a bigot like you, his wife is a practicing Catholic and redeem churches are repeat offenders.

Do you have anything to say about the other places that got shot down or it's just the Muslim and Christian thing that tickles your body?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by MrCrackles(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Touché
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by RichyBlacK(m): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
Okay with me, after all RCCG is a company with a popular CEO.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by naijatoday: 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2009
babapupa:

Ode, he is not a bigot like you, his wife is a practicing Catholic and redeem churches are repeat offenders.

Do you have anything to say about the other places that got shot down or it's just the Muslim and Christian thing that tickles your body?

His mother, one brother and sisters are practicing Christians, too.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by AfroCynic: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2009
This is good. Now they can serve notices to all those mosques that scream 'Alllah hu akbar' at six in the morning when I am trying to sleep. God also like order. There is nothing wrong with being religious but you cannot use religion to bring disorder to society.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by bawomolo(m): 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2009
fashola for president lol

I dey gbadun this move.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by sjeezy8: 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2009
off with the rinky dinky scatta scatta mosque too
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by babapupa: 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2009
Maybe the mosque are abiding because they were all served notices and if they're not, call LASEPA's hotline.

@naijatoday. Thanks for the that info. If's funny how some people just talk out of the side of their necks.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Coder(m): 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2009
Churches should keep their message for their members. Why have perimeter-mounted speakers when your members are inside your church?

Good move, Fashola!
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by texazzpete(m): 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2009
9jaganja:

I'm a Christian too - and i say you're full of shit. Bloody bigot!
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by keyremotes(m): 11:15pm On Oct 30, 2009
With this development I can now report the Aladura church next to my house.

They will not let us rest O.

They have vigils at odd times of the week with just a handful of members and will play their instruments loudest.

Sundays? Wow, they are there from 9am to 5 pm.

I will definitely report them.
I am almost running mad.

FOI, I am a Pastor so no body should think I am against the Church.

We are meant to be considerate but these guys are not.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Guk: 11:45pm On Oct 30, 2009
Pls avail me with LASEPA Hotline, the Mosque at Aminu street, Mende Maryland, close to Chandon Restaurant blocked the whole road this afternoon with impunity
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by duality(m): 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
texazzpete:

I'm a Christian too - and i say you're full of shit. [b]Bloody bigot![/b]

dude, score yourself.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by NijaDoc1: 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
Please LASEPA hotline will be appreciated please.anyone??

There are a few churches around new oko oba that make life miserable for us on friday nights and some mosques too that try to outdo each other every morning.

It is with repeated punishment that we will finally have some sanity in lagos.
Thank you Fashola!
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by posakosa(m): 12:05am On Oct 31, 2009
Go Fashola------ close those chuches.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by chelseabmw(m): 12:48am On Oct 31, 2009
i laugh in esako grin grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by becomrich15: 1:31am On Oct 31, 2009
Now i need to ask you people a question, do you think fashola goes to a mosque. i know in nigeria mosque they make noise, how many churches and mosque would fashola close down. I think he has to be wise about this.

What they need to do is set a standard for noise. What define noise. What was the decibel level fashola use to determine if it was noise.

We should not play politics with religion just because we are looking for voters. religion break up nation.

I think fashola should stay away from religion. And this is fashola second time, he is given people the wrong impression. The voters have the say. stay away from religion.

I do not think fashola or anyone in lagos can take on the church, even fashola mentor chief tinubu and all AC and PDP can not fill the holy ghost camp.

So where would your voter comes from, he you continue this way. What makes it worst for fashola is even mosque make seious noise.

I think we can have standard. If they continue fashola would end up closing down ever mosque in lagos. because they all use public address system. I can see jihad against fashola. make laws to reduce noise but not to close down worship centre because we need God. And we need prayers.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by ndcide(m): 1:55am On Oct 31, 2009
lets not be sentimental about this bull: if its actually true. coz the nose i hear when i enter lagos are not from churches

so people should stop trowing stones because you don't go to church.

i'll advise the govt of lagos state to jettison such move coz it could have adverse spiritual implications on the state and the govt.

success is spiritual, believe it or not ,its the truth. any wrong move you, you lose it.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by beebop(f): 2:05am On Oct 31, 2009
ndcide:

lets not be sentimental about this bull: if its actually true. coz the nose i hear when i enter lagos are not from churches

i'll advise the govt of lagos state to jettison such move coz it could have adverse spiritual implications on the state and the govt.

success is spiritual, believe it or not ,its the truth. any wrong move you, you lose it.

oh please. The church and state are separate entities. Anytime a church breaks a law, it should be held accountable by the state. I don't care if people want to worship but PLEASE do not subject other people to your private session who aren't in the church. By all means go to night vigil, but please don't disturb the sleep of other people on the street. IMHO churches should be zoned to non-residential neighborhood or should be held to strict soundproofing rules. That's what expected of civilized people. No one is saying, close all churches down, just please don't impose yourself on me. life is stifling in naija enough as it is
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by walata44(m): 3:12am On Oct 31, 2009
Please LASEPA hotline will be appreciated please.anyone??

Emergency Dials

ORGANISATION
TELEPHONE

Toll free Emergency dial 767

FIRE SERVICE
01-6584712

01-7280500

01-7280501

01-7280502

01-7280503

LASAMBUS

01-6584713

LASTMA
01-6584715

KAI
01-6583684

LASEMA

01-4187160

01-4187161

01-4187162
CHILD/WOMEN ABUSE 01-7617508

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/index.php?page=subpage&spid=30&mnu=null
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by anonimi: 4:14am On Oct 31, 2009
becomrich,:

make laws to reduce noise but not to close down worship centre because we need God. And we need prayers.

As 9ja's religiousity has gone up over the last 30 years so has our values gone down.
China and India do not have christianity and islam popularly yet they are making giant strides towards development on all fronts. Meanwhile india got independence from Britain only 12 years before nigeria and has 1 billion people.

ndcide:

success is hardwork. the Bible says a lazy man should not eat. Christ said if you want to build a tower you calculate the cost, get your funds b4 you start. . . he could have said u should pray for spiritual breakthrough only as the charlatans masquerading as His reps and calling themselves pastors will want their mugu followers believe.
read up your bible a bit, will you
do u know of anything that is not spiritual as per your statement- success, failure, ordinary things like brushing your teeth, going to the loo

duality:

dude, score yourself. 

thank you for highlighting the hypocricy in texas post. i hope he has taken good note.
overall, fashola is making a good move to be encouraged and scrutinised for any minute detail that needs to be improved and addressed.
those who have noise polluters and other issues in their areas should find out who their LG councillors. state and federal legislators are and report to these people first, who should bring it to the executives (LG chairman, state governor/commissioners, president/ministers) attention for remedy. that was how things were run in the traditional african society or any society, public or private for that matter.
those who may complain that he targets churches only, should contest next elections and target mosques during their tenure!!!
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 31, 2009
texazzpete:

I'm a Christian too - and i say you're full of shit. Bloody bigot!

Hmmm, I'm not a Christian so what's the point of your post?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 31, 2009
@ Guk

hahahahahahah You took me back home!!! You go sabi my cousins them well well. hahaha
Guk:

Pls avail me with LASEPA Hotline, the Mosque at Aminu street, Mende Maryland, close to Chandon Restaurant blocked the whole road this afternoon with impunity
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by rasputinn(m): 8:53am On Oct 31, 2009
becomrich,:

I think fashola should stay away from religion. And this is fashola second time, he is given people the wrong impression. The voters have the say. stay away from religion.

I do not think fashola or anyone in lagos can take on the church, even fashola mentor chief tinubu and all AC and PDP can not fill the holy ghost camp.

becomirrational is at it again
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by rasputinn(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2009
BTW,nice move by Lasema,well done Fashola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I And Annunaki, No One Else! / Mystical Power Of The Psalms / Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.