Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" (48415 Views)

Ifu Ennada Reacts To Linda Ikeji's Breakup With Her Michael Breakup Story / Nigerians' Reactions To Linda Ikeji's Child Delivery (Meme Collection) / Donald Duke Talks About His Visit To Linda Ikeji's Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by mctowel01: 4:51am On Nov 08, 2016
Handsomecole:
Yes Yes I quite agree with you, she still has the poverty mentality due to too much suffering and unexpected break through.
Someone seeing things with sense. That mentality is really common in nigerians.. You wouldn't blame the lot who have been really deprived of having things they craved for.. Its a problem with the country. Its why you see people looking for instant breakthrough to show they have arrived.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Edum13656: 4:57am On Nov 08, 2016
igboboy3:
Rubbish

This lawmaker had better hope she wins re-election, otherwise by 2019, she'll go back to penury.

Better to be single than to be in a bad marriage

the lawmaker is humble but not poor, I know her. She might even be richer than Linda.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by mctowel01: 5:01am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Read my reply over again. You might get it this time.

Before some vultures however see this as an opportunity to tear me apart, yes I'm not rich YET. I have my two hands, my legs and my brain and most importantly, I have God...I'm not shooting for riches, I'm shooting for smth greater and better

If a rich guy tells me I'm not his standard cos I'm not rich, I won't blame him or become bitter. He has the right to choose. Poor is not attractive to even the poor not to talk of the rich.

I'M NOT OUT FOR A RICH GUY. I PREFER STARTING OUT FROM THE SCRATCH WITH WHOSOEVER I WOULD BE GETTING MARRIED TO.
I couldn't help replying this. You re still a kid. When you grow up and learn that misfortunes can take one to bottom zero, and completely unplanned circumstances can raise one high, you won't be talking thrash... See her mouth *ayaff God and ayaff hands and legs* Like its how it happens.. Millions going to church everyday, with brain, hands and legs today ko. You are simply with a kid's brain. Anyone mentioning this lady is simply wasting his time, just a child behind the screen.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by thunderbabs: 5:25am On Nov 08, 2016
Sincerely, she can't have it all. Funny enough, her God ordained man might be below her standards in all ramificatiins and she ll be forming, claiming standards which might leave her marrying wrong persons in relationships that might not last or leave her single for a long time.

Goodluck though!

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 08, 2016
igboboy3:
Rubbish

This lawmaker had better hope she wins re-election, otherwise by 2019, she'll go back to penury.

Am nt sure u knw Afikpo Chic, if even she looses in d nxt election it won't take anytin away from her. She was rich b4 she joined politics!
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by repogirl(f): 5:26am On Nov 08, 2016
Afikpo chic did really well with this write up but in a good marriage, both partners are supposed to make compromises for the other one once in a while.

A marriage where only the woman has to step down all the time for the husband won't be a happy one and that's probably what Linda meant. I agree that a man should be the head of the home and take the lead but good leaders also listen and are accommodating to their subordinate's ideas. Good leaders will not be selfish in making decisions, good leaders take into consideration their partners/ subordinate's before making decisions.

A situation where a leader always wants his own way will be frustrating to others, won't it? So compromise is the way to go....one has to step down for the other at some point .

As for Linda, leave her ooooooo! Shebi as you lay your bed is the same way you will lie on it ? She has her requirements which is very fine. I don't blame her, a lot of leeches would love to attach on to her cos of her money and success so she is being careful. I guess she is the type that doesn't want a divorce after marriage but In being careful she also has to realise that life isn't a fairytale.

Life is very real. No man can posses all those qualities she mentioned, even Tyler Perry sef has plenty issues. There are rumours he is gay and he isn't even married.

Sometimes you meet an awesome guy who isn't successful yet but in your heart you know he's one of the good ones and probably quite industrious. why not be his woman and see him achieve success.

I think she believes every man is after her money sha and it's very possible. Ninety eight percent of men she meets most likely find her interesting because she is rich.

Well like they say....more money more problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Tonason: 5:38am On Nov 08, 2016
I can see and feel your concern. But stop worrying yourself about someone who doesn't have any common sense. I felt the same way for her before but not any more. Now Japanese and Chinese scientists have developed a way to create real life partner, she can contact them to mold one for her, a good robot that she can control as she wants. Simple.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Davoski222: 5:48am On Nov 08, 2016
As long as she's still fucking ifeanyi ubah she won't get a husband.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Culin(f): 5:50am On Nov 08, 2016
she paid facebook and google? what is bad if a woman who has worked hard and gotten to a high level demands a high standard. people will just sit down and be talking nonsense. If you (maria) is not yet married, u can choose to marry a beggar from the street or let your daughter marry a beggar..but whatever linda dreams of or want is no body's problem cos she deserves it.

3 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by repogirl(f): 5:51am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:
She said she can't marry a poor man, let her be. She is successful and have the right to turn down a poor guy.

When men talk about the standard they want, they don't get hushed up.

I must say I love your ideas. There is nothing wrong in being your own woman, a self made woman. A good man will encourage his woman to be the best she can be and not stifle or hold her down. Many problems in our society can be traced to domineering men who believe it should be their way or the high way.

When they see a woman who does not need their bullshit and wants to be her own person they get touchy.

Many say they don't want gold diggers who will latch onto them, take their shi.t and kiss their ass for material things but when a woman who has got her own says she has a certain standard, they get really pissed as if a woman can't have standards as they themselves have their own standards.

Although I believe the type of person Linda wants is fictional and she might be deluding herself, it's her choice to make. She will live with it afterall, so guys saying sh.it should back off. If Linda thinks this is what will make her have a happy marriage, abeg leave her and go and find the one that will conform to your own requirements. Simple.

Even when you enter market, you price what you like and what you can afford not what is above you or beneath you. Everyone is entitled to their choices, right or wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 6:06am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Oh puhleeze! Spare me that.

Because she's a woman she's not free to have standard? Because she's a woman she should settle for anything. When your spicie rant about what they want, it's perfectly okay, isn't? But a woman is suppose to lower her standard.

There are better way to pass across your message without resulting to insult. You however, do not even have a message to pass across.

She has earned the right to reject a poor guy. And yes, she won't be the last woman to have standards. If it was a rich dude who made such statement, you lot would come up with a zillion reasons to affirm his claim.

Suck it up... Poor is not attractive especially to the rich even to the poor. tongue

This afikpo chick is jobless sha, Linda explained her definition of rich as someone who is successful and does not stifle her and the fickle minded woman is saying which African man won't stifle his wife Like for real Is this how African women see themselves, that their men have the right to stifle their dreams, women, we are our own worse enemies I swear.

7 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by princee7(m): 6:06am On Nov 08, 2016
Linda wants a rich dude then you guys should let her be aftral she has her own money. let her buy any man she wants. you guys are here ranting do you know how many guys out there are dying to become her husband.. ...#lubish

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 6:10am On Nov 08, 2016
PeridotBelle:

You don't get it do you? She never said that Linda can't have her dreams but like she said, Linda can't have it both ways and she gave a good explanation to that.

Linda should be ashamed of herself for making that statement, she has already even threatened divorce when she is not even married yet!

Which man on this earth will not try to even if it's once in a while stifle the wife, huh?

My dear, women empowerment is a good thing, but if it's not checked and the foundation properly built, the next generation is going to be horrible.

at the bold, I can't believe this. Women it is not ok for your man to stifle you, it is not right pls, your man is supposed to be your biggest fan, your best supporter and you are supposed to be his as well. Women, know your worth biko.

5 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Fourwinds: 6:14am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:
She said she can't marry a poor man, let her be. She is successful and have the right to turn down a poor guy.

according to d writer., her marriage has failed before it started... I tell u d truth....it will be so.. u cannt serve devil and God at same time
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 6:15am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Ah! shocked who did this to you? Who made you believe your gender has rendered you helpless. Are you saying this just to be praised by the dudes here Why didn't you say yes to the very first guy who asked you out or asked for your hand in marriage? Pls, do not bring up your girl child to believe they have no right.

I answered this already. Pls, adress it. I'm not for insurbodination, I'm against the notion that she has no right to decide what she wants in her man.

A woman knowing what she wants and going for it, is no way altering the foundation of marriage.

i'm impressed with your comments on this post...thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by HaneefahRN(f): 6:16am On Nov 08, 2016
Some people should just learn to mind their business. Didn't bother reading the lengthy bollocks.
She has a right to set whatever standards she wants in a partner , Mama go and sit down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sirdayor(m): 6:21am On Nov 08, 2016
Linda still seems childish with her ulterances, despite her age. That woman has said it all.
I hope she is not going to marry herself one day!!
Let's wait and see..
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by dingbang(m): 6:22am On Nov 08, 2016
Even King Solomon will not even choose to marry someone like Linda Ikeji.

Even Queen Sheba humbled herself to go all the way to meet him
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by amanikondo: 6:22am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Read my reply over again. You might get it this time.

Before some vultures however see this as an opportunity to tear me apart, yes I'm not rich YET. I have my two hands, my legs and my brain and most importantly, I have God...I'm not shooting for riches, I'm shooting for smth greater and better

If a rich guy tells me I'm not his standard cos I'm not rich, I won't blame him or become bitter. He has the right to choose. Poor is not attractive to even the poor not to talk of the rich.

I'M NOT OUT FOR A RICH GUY. I PREFER STARTING OUT FROM THE SCRATCH WITH WHOSOEVER I WOULD BE GETTING MARRIED TO.

Good luck in your search for your Poor guy.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Caseless: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

angry angry angry angry
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by legacy1leo(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Some people should just learn to mind their business. Didn't bother reading the lengthy bollocks.
She has a right to set whatever standards she wants in a partner , Mama go and sit down.
That means linda ikeji should stop blogging, couse her blogging niche concentrates more on sharing other peoples news. So who should mind her buisness between the two #Maria Ude Nwachi and #linda ikeji
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by superstarDikk(m): 6:31am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Did u read d post?
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by theGistsonline: 6:32am On Nov 08, 2016
creamylicious:
all these epistle for one Linda ??! this speaker is a proof that we need part time legislature ..... her full time job ain't full time at all
or more like.... our legislators are lazy monkeys who delve into issues that aren't of socioeconomic importance
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 6:33am On Nov 08, 2016
Recently, power-blogger, Linda Ikeji, told an interviewer that she can never marry a poor man. Hear her: "No, I can’t marry a poor guy and I’m being honest about it. [b]He doesn’t have to be rich but let him be successful in his own way. [/b]When I was 30, my standards were extremely high. Now, I have only three criteria. He must be successful. He must be a good man in the sense that he has to be very supportive of what I do. If he tries to stifle me, I’m out. The third one, is the one that likes to eat groceries well

Somebody pls help me understand the problem with Linda's statement cos I don't see it. At the bolded, she wants a successful man and he doesn't have to be rich. Pls who wants to marry a failure for Christ sake, she also wants a man who would be supportive, pple your husband/wife should be your greatest fan and support you not stifle you, seriously, I don't get why this Afikpo chick and others are getting worked up over this

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by superstarDikk(m): 6:33am On Nov 08, 2016
igboboy3:
Rubbish

You and her are saying the same thing but i guess you didn't know cuz you didn't read the piece.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Sirdayor(m): 6:33am On Nov 08, 2016
uzolexis:

at the bolded, I can't believe this. Women it is not ok for your man to stifle you, it is not right pls, your man is supposed to be your biggest fan, your best supporter and you are supposed to be his as well. Women, know your worth biko.

If you understand principle marriage. Part of love is correction when your partner is going wrong.
Do you think any reasonable man will want to marry a woman he can't put to order?
Even Bible said that as a woman, you should be SUBJECT TO YOUR OWN HUSBAND. And as a man LOVE YOUR WIFE. This are principles which has been laid down for thousands of years. So, any man or woman who go against it will definitely face the consequences. That's why you see problem in marriages today!
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by Jflex07(m): 6:35am On Nov 08, 2016
uzolexis:

This afikpo chick is jobless sha, Linda explained her definition of rich as someone who is successful and does not stifle her and the fickle minded woman is saying which African man won't stifle his wife Like for real Is this how African women see themselves, that their men have the right to stifle their dreams, women, we are our own worse enemy I swear.
you call someone who can feed your entire household jobless?. your brain needs some checkup
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2016
Sirdayor:

If you understand principle marriage. Part of love is correction when the other one is going wrong.
Do you think any reasonable man will want to marry a woman he can't put to order?
Even Bible said that as a woman, you should be SUBJECT TO YOUR OWN HUSBAND. And as a man LOVE YOUR WIFE. This are principles which has been laid down for thousands of years. So, any man or woman who go against it will definitely face the consequences. That's why you see problem in marriages today!

Stifling you is not the same thing as correcting you. Of course my man should be able to correct me and vice versa and "not put me to order" like you wrote there. Marriage is not for kids, it's for mature adults, nobody is putting anybody to order in marriage. If one partner does not like something the other is doing they should both talk about it. But my man should not stifle me and I should not stifle him as well, heck anyone that tries to stifle you is not even a good friend.

5 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by uzolexis(f): 6:39am On Nov 08, 2016
Jflex07:
you call someone who can feed your entire household jobless?. your brain needs some checkup

ok,bye.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by bobo65(m): 6:41am On Nov 08, 2016
PeridotBelle:

Meaning no matter how high a woman flies, she remains a woman who is to to answer to a man (her husband) even if the man is low!

Society did not make it that way, the creator of mankind made it so! Society is gradually trying to kill that and it's wrong because, the consequences are grave!

Ur words are so mature

Women of nowadays don't get this

Just make sure the man u wanna get with isn't someone with a low iQ so he won't reduce u
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by superstarDikk(m): 6:42am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Doesn't make any difference
Lets be sincere to ourselves, Linda has plenty money but age is not on her side. in other words, she is old. What if all the rich guys say they won't marry an old mama? The lady said ' no condition is permanent' and she is right. Go ABJ go see as hitherto big and wealthy boys de sell their houses. you think say dem build am to sell am?
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Linda Ikeji: "Humble Yourself If Yo Want A Man To Marry You" by bobo65(m): 6:44am On Nov 08, 2016
Beamborla:

Oh puhleeze! Spare me that.

Because she's a woman she's not free to have standard? Because she's a woman she should settle for anything. When your spicie rant about what they want, it's perfectly okay, isn't? But a woman is suppose to lower her standard.

There are better way to pass across your message without resulting to insult. You however, do not even have a message to pass across.

She has earned the right to reject a poor guy. And yes, she won't be the last woman to have standards. If it was a rich dude who made such statement, you lot would come up with a zillion reasons to affirm his claim.

Suck it up... Poor is not attractive especially to the rich even to the poor. tongue

How many rich young man, who is equally successful will wanna spend his life with a 36 years old lady?

See eh, I never get money o, but I can't marry someone like this cos on d long run, her pride will make me start looking out of the marriage

Plus Menopause sef

Abeg if u do talk to Linda, tell her Men dat are not rich (tho not church rat poor) think better and are more faithful than d rich

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Promises To Sponsor Don Jazzy And Linda Ikeji's Wedding / Rosemond Brown: "My Breasts Are Very Small Because I Was A Footballer" / Ramsey Noah And Omoni Oboli In ”My Wife And I” (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.